PDA

View Full Version : Will fornicators go to hell?

Roelof
May 1st 2008, 02:36 PM
Nowadays it is so common for unmarried couples to have sex. Will fornicators go to hell if they do not repent their sins?

Do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor abusers, nor homosexuals, (1Co 6:9, NKJV)

9Marksfan
May 1st 2008, 04:19 PM
Nowadays it is so common for unmarried couples to have sex. Will fornicators go to hell if they do not repent their sins?

Do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor abusers, nor homosexuals, (1Co 6:9, NKJV)

Absolutely - the thing is, even before they were fornicators, they were condemned - sinners from birth - their fornication is evidence of their lostness, not the cause of it.

amazzin
May 1st 2008, 04:22 PM

That's the room in the house for them is in hell

HisLeast
May 1st 2008, 04:40 PM
Shall I save anyone a seat? :wave:

Theophilus
May 1st 2008, 04:59 PM
Shall I save anyone a seat? :wave:
Pardon my denseness, but what are you saying? Spell it out for dim Theophilus....:hmm:

HisLeast
May 1st 2008, 05:04 PM
Pardon my denseness, but what are you saying? Spell it out for dim Theophilus....:hmm:

I'm both a fornicator and an adulterer.

markedward
May 1st 2008, 05:08 PM
Would this not include everyone? As Jesus said, sin is from the heart, and if the actions are committed even in thought one is guilty of the sin. In that sense, I don't think anyone can honestly say they haven't committed murder or adultery or idolatry or fornication.

Theophilus
May 1st 2008, 05:13 PM
Well, that fits a lot of folks...and I'm sad to say, myself.

However, I am not bound for hell, as I have repented of those sins, have asked forgiveness, and have been forgiven.

To be eternally separated from God requires a willful persistence in sin, and a continual rejection of salvation as offered by Jesus Christ.

9Marksfan
May 1st 2008, 05:36 PM

Currently or formerly? Remember Paul says such WERE some of you.

HisLeast
May 1st 2008, 06:35 PM
Currently or formerly? Remember Paul says such WERE some of you.

Well, the woman who is now my wife was previously a fiance with whome I had intercourse with. Saving it for marraige would have been wiser, but is knowing that the same as repenting? Can one even repent when they no longer have the ability to execute the same sin?

As for the adultery, yes I'm a former adulterer, but an adulterer none-the-less. Its not something you erase. The fact I followed through on the impulse forever brands me an adulterer.

Also of note is that these dubious 'honors' were earned post-grace.

VerticalReality
May 1st 2008, 06:45 PM
As for the adultery, yes I'm a former adulterer, but an adulterer none-the-less. Its not something you erase. The fact I followed through on the impulse forever brands me an adulterer.

No, it is not something that you erase. It is something that He erases. Paul says we are a new creation for a reason.

HisLeast
May 1st 2008, 07:24 PM
No, it is not something that you erase. It is something that He erases. Paul says we are a new creation for a reason.

I was a 'new creation' before the adultery.

9Marksfan
May 1st 2008, 07:50 PM
I was a 'new creation' before the adultery.

The question is - have you repented of it? And have you and your wife repented of the fornication? The fact that you can no longer commit it does not make it something you do not need to repent of - do you admit that it was wrong and that you should not have done it?

HisLeast
May 1st 2008, 07:54 PM
The question is - have you repented of it? And have you and your wife repented of the fornication? The fact that you can no longer commit it does not make it something you do not need to repent of - do you admit that it was wrong and that you should not have done it?

Ceratinly, but it doesn't change that I did it post-grace, or that I have no means of showing repentence.

SweetCharity
May 1st 2008, 08:18 PM
If they are actively engaging in the activity, have not repented, and are not trying to change their ways then yes I believe the Bible is clear that they are.

Ceratinly, but it doesn't change that I did it post-grace, or that I have no means of showing repentence.

yes it absolutely does! You must read the second half of that scripture to see that forgiveness can be given with repentence. Coming into Christ doesn't mean you become perfect, it means you become of aware of your imperfections and do your best to change them for the Lord. We all mess up in one way or another and the Lord is not asking us to be perfect, He's asking us to have a sincere heart in trying to be the best we can be for Him.

1 Corinthians 6:9-12
9Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
11And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
12All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

Repentance done with a sincere heart grants us this forgiveness completely. The blood of Jesus washes away our sins when we accept Him and follow Him.

9Marksfan
May 1st 2008, 09:37 PM

Why not? You can teach others not to - and you can continue to be faithful to your wife. When you speak of your pre-marital sex - especially with young unmarieds, teaching them how much you regretted it will be a BIG disincentive to them - you might have quite a ministry there!

Do you believe God can forgive you? Do you believe God HAS forgiven you?

amazzin
May 1st 2008, 09:48 PM

And you call yourself a CHristian?

Athanasius
May 1st 2008, 09:55 PM

You committed the sin of adultery, that doesn't mean you're forever an adulterer. Adulterer's keep committing the sin of adultery. One act may say something about your character, but it doesn't define your character.

HisLeast
May 1st 2008, 11:58 PM
And you call yourself a Christian?

In so far as I believe that Christ was who he claimed He was. That he is the way, the truth, and the life. That he is the atonement for sin. In so far as I publicly confess his name, and try to live a righteous life. If that's what you call a Christian, then yes.

But I've also been guilty of some pretty dire sin post-grace. I'll happily accept mercy should God be so inclined, but I'm girding myself for the possibility that n-osas-ers are right.

HisLeast
May 2nd 2008, 12:00 AM
You committed the sin of adultery, that doesn't mean you're forever an adulterer. Adulterer's keep committing the sin of adultery. One act may say something about your character, but it doesn't define your character.

The consequences of my actions will live so long as my wife and I do. I am therefore forever someone who cheated - an adulterer.

Bick
May 2nd 2008, 12:41 AM
It is my understanding from God's Word that we, as believers in Christ, are new creations, and should reckon ourselves dead unto sin but alive unto God to live a new life.

But, the truth is, none of us in the church/body of Christ are perfect: we fail to walk consistently in His grace.

We can get out of fellowship with the Lord, but His Holy Spirit dwells within us and we are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Paul tells us in Romans 14:10-12 that we (the church/body) will all stand before the judgment seat of Christ, to give an account of ourselves to God. Paul also repeats this in 2 Cor. 5:10.

The word for "judgment seat" in the Greek is "bema." It was a raised platform where the judge would give out awards to the winners of a race, or some other sports event.

Christ Jesus will present awards (or loss of) when this takes place in the heavenlies after the rapture. It should certainly be one's desire to live lives as pleasing to the Holy Spirit.

As for the unrighteous unbelievers, they will be raised to stand before the great white throne, with Christ Jesus as Judge, and be judged for their deeds. One can read about this in Rev.20:11-15. There it proclaims "if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire."

losthorizon
May 2nd 2008, 12:44 AM
In so far as I believe that Christ was who he claimed He was. That he is the way, the truth, and the life. That he is the atonement for sin. In so far as I publicly confess his name, and try to live a righteous life. If that's what you call a Christian, then yes.

But I've also been guilty of some pretty dire sin post-grace. I'll happily accept mercy should God be so inclined, but I'm girding myself for the possibility that n-osas-ers are right.
I reckon I would be classified as a “n-osas-er” (we are correct, btw ;)) and there is only one sin that is "unpardonable" and it is not the sin of adultery - “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” – 1 John 1:9

VerticalReality
May 2nd 2008, 01:31 AM
The consequences of my actions will live so long as my wife and I do. I am therefore forever someone who cheated - an adulterer.

I really don't mean to sound too blunt here, but this mindset is just so far removed from the truth of God's Word it's really unbelievable. Are these sort of comments of yours what you see when you get into God's Word? Is this truly what you see about you? Do you not realize that God's Word paints a completely different picture about who you are? God's Word says that His children are saints . . . not sinners. God has cast our sin as far as the east is from the west, and it is no longer in His remembrance. I ask you . . . if God has forgotten it, why don't you? And if your wife has truly forgiven you in her heart, you are no longer an adulterer in her sight. Quit beating yourself up and just rejoice in what Jesus has done for you. If you are no longer committing adultery then you are no longer an adulterer.

Roelof
May 2nd 2008, 04:43 AM
1 Corinthians 6:9-12
11And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Repentance done with a sincere heart grants us this forgiveness completely. The blood of Jesus washes away our sins when we accept Him and follow Him.

I fully support your view point. The blood of Jesus can wash away any / all sins if we repent.

Jesus gave us sinners also a serious warning:

And she said, No one, Lord. And Jesus said to her, Neither do I give judgment. Go, and sin no more. (Joh 8:11)

LivingSacrafice
May 2nd 2008, 11:31 PM
That's the room in the house for them is in hell

So are you saying that when you were a sinner and you didnt know God or didnt know God that you didnt deserve a chance to go to heaven,that they dont deserve a chance to turn around.
I dont know your life and if you still sin or not,but those who truly are living for God know that they once were sinners and God cleaned them up,God didnt have to for we have no power over God.God didnt have to clean you up,he could've left you on a dirty path,a really really bad path with no escape,but he chose to take you from that[Like I said I dont know your life,but since your making such a bold statement I would assume you have everything right with God,as far as what the bible tells us to have right].

And Im not putting words in your mouth,In a way Im asking you those questions and from what you said I had to say what I said,yes people go to hell everyday because of being a sinner and fornication is one of the sins,but we have to look at the people who are here now,the people that we must reach.God doesnt condemn,the holy spirit convicts us but condemning os of the Devil,not saying that was what you were doing.

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77