PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice: Unwanted & uninvited to my puter ~~~~

cdo
Sep 16th 2008, 04:49 PM
Around the last part of last week....my puter began to (not do what was normal) I was having alot of trouble just trying to post or even make corrections in post.:(
1) I could not get into the B.F.~~ then finally I received a notice from B.F. that they were aware of the problem and they(BF) had been informed. But if I wanted to,,,I could fill out "this Form" which I did.~~~~~ shortly that problem was fixed:pp
2) Now when I click on "fonts~ colors ~ sizes etc....It would go back & forth about 5/6 times before it would stay on my choice.:B:hmm: One of another 'problems' is when I make a reply to a post...it shows me afterwards...I have to wait 5/6 seconds...when it's already posted.:hmm:
3) I have recently noticed that I have some sort of icon that has to do with C/C/P and each time I make a correction on a word, it shades the word or sentence or the whole passage each time:B:B
This is from my end but I don't know what it's called or how to get rid of this or where it came from.

Can someone please give me some "clues" or ideas for these unwanted company:dunno:
in Christ,Darlene

cdo
Sep 16th 2008, 10:04 PM
:giveup:
I've had a few "passer~byer's" But, no help.:(This is what is happening
when posting. It's going back to the "what~ever" it chooses.:bounce:
Can someone please help me with at least this one which is very much a :B .
Thanks,Darlene

stillforgiven
Sep 17th 2008, 01:57 AM
I don't have a clue what's up with your puter. Sorry. :(

I have noticed that the page to post replies loads very slowly sometimes, and it can be quite frustrating. But that's the only trouble I have with this site.

Richard H
Sep 17th 2008, 02:17 AM
Around the last part of last week....my puter began to (not do what was normal) I was having alot of trouble just trying to post or even make corrections in post.:(
1) I could not get into the B.F.~~ then finally I received a notice from B.F. that they were aware of the problem and they(BF) had been informed. But if I wanted to,,,I could fill out "this Form" which I did.~~~~~ shortly that problem was fixed:pp
2) Now when I click on "fonts~ colors ~ sizes etc....It would go back & forth about 5/6 times before it would stay on my choice.:B:hmm: One of another 'problems' is when I make a reply to a post...it shows me afterwards...I have to wait 5/6 seconds...when it's already posted.:hmm:
3) I have recently noticed that I have some sort of icon that has to do with C/C/P and each time I make a correction on a word, it shades the word or sentence or the whole passage each time:B:B
This is from my end but I don't know what it's called or how to get rid of this or where it came from.

Can someone please give me some "clues" or ideas for these unwanted company:dunno:
in Christ,Darlene

Hi Darlene,
I'm assuming you are running virus and spyware protection.

‘May be time for some general maintenance.

Clear you temporary internet cache.
Internet options | (IE7) “delete” near browsing history. (don’t delete your history)
The next window will allow you to delete your temp files. It may take a few minutes.

Then go to http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate (http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate)

If nothing helps, you can always Ctrl-Alt-Delete to bring up the task manager.
Click on the Processes tab and then click the CPU column (twice maybe) to order the processes so the most used is on top.
You can leave Task manager open (move it to the side) and then try to recreate the situation.
See what is hogging your clock cycles. (CPU time)

If it looks odd or you see something else looks out of place do a google search for the process name.
Just get some more info and check back.

Richard

cdo
Sep 17th 2008, 02:59 AM
Thanks StillForgiven,
That also is a problem with me among this other un~wanted stuff:B
But, I was hoping to get the help on my format figured out or fixed.:B
Thanks for you trying to help.there's absolutely something wrong some where......B.F actually admitted they were having a problem the other day.......it would not let me in the forum at all for awhile.so I quit trying and hit home.........:o

cdo
Sep 17th 2008, 03:14 AM
Hi Darlene,
I'm assuming you are running virus and spyware protection.
Yes,Thanks, I have everything I need for that.

‘May be time for some general maintenance.

Clear you temporary internet cache.
Internet options | (IE7) “delete” near browsing history. (don’t delete your history)
The next window will allow you to delete your temp files. It may take a few minutes.

Then go to http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate (http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate)

If nothing helps, you can always Ctrl-Alt-Delete to bring up the task manager.
Click on the Processes tab and then click the CPU column (twice maybe) to order the processes so the most used is on top.
You can leave Task manager open (move it to the side) and then try to recreate the situation.
See what is hogging your clock cycles. (CPU time)

If it looks odd or you see something else looks out of place do a google search for the process name.
Just get some more info and check back.

Richard
Thanks Richard,I will try to find out something and get back with you,thanks,Darlene

cdo
Sep 18th 2008, 02:05 AM
Thanks..........
But, this is how I feel about this~~~~:B:B:B:o:o:o

in,Christ,Darlene

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77