PDA

View Full Version : Is God involved in every "minute" detail in our lives?

bboo01
Nov 16th 2008, 05:45 PM
Do you believe that everything we do that God allows/not to influence us?
Ex....does God bring certain people into our lives or it just fate or coindence that we meet certain people?

If there is any scripture that backs up that God is involved in every detail of our life please show. Thanks

Vhayes
Nov 16th 2008, 05:53 PM
Matthew 10

29-"Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father.
30-"But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31-"So do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows.

If God knows the number of hairs on your head, he certainly knows who will be brought into your life.
V

legoman
Nov 16th 2008, 06:22 PM
Vhayes beat me to 2 of the verses I was going to post. God is into the details. Everything consists and is held together by him:

Col 1
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

There are many others verses, especially with regards to man's "steps". Man makes many steps (decisions, choices, etc) each day. Who is guiding them all?

Job 14:16
For now thou numberest my steps: dost thou not watch over my sin?

Psalm 37:23
The steps of a man are established by the LORD, And He delights in his way.

Proverbs 16:9
A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.

Proverbs 20:24
A man's steps are directed by the LORD. How then can anyone understand his own way?

Proverbs 21:1
The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD;
he directs it like a watercourse wherever he pleases.

Jeremiah 10:23
I know, O LORD, that a man's life is not his own;
it is not for man to direct his steps.

Proverbs 20:24 and Jer 10:23 are very revealing. God is directing our steps - how can we understand it all? Very telling as many people go along in life wondering what they are here for. It is all being directed according to God's plan. But it can seem confusing if you don't realize that.

Of course don't forget to read Psalm 139 where we see that God knows everything about us, even what we will think & say before we say it.

And then there's the unfortunate moment when we will die. That too has been planned and appointed by God:

Job 14:5
Seeing his days are determined, the number of his months are with thee, thou hast appointed his bounds that he cannot pass;

But not only that, God has also determined how many days we must wait until we are made alive again at the resurrection:

Job 14:14 If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.

God is directing it all for his good purposes:

Isaiah 46:10 I make known the end from the beginning,
from ancient times, what is still to come.
I say: My purpose will stand,
and I will do all that I please. 11 From the east I summon a bird of prey;
from a far-off land, a man to fulfill my purpose.
What I have said, that will I bring about;
what I have planned, that will I do.

1 Cor 12:6
And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

Ephesians 1:11
In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

So to answer your question, YES God is into the details.
Make no mistake about it... God is operating all according to his plan. There are no coincidences :)

This is JMHO of what the scripture is saying. Many people will disagree... ;) but it seems fairly clear to me.

Legoman

Just_Another_Guy
Nov 16th 2008, 07:54 PM
Do you believe that everything we do that God allows/not to influence us?
Ex....does God bring certain people into our lives or it just fate or coindence that we meet certain people?

If there is any scripture that backs up that God is involved in every detail of our life please show. Thanks

I think a better question would be, how much involvement does God play a part in with everything in our lives? My answer would be that God has involvement in everything that we do. Now I don't think this means that God is standing over our backs every minute telling us what to do every single second. I think he gives us a certain degree of common sense when doing things, and expects us to use this common sense to do these basic things. So basically I think that God gives us a wide variety of choices regarding what we can do within this life, and at the same time..has a knowledge of everything that we will eventually do at some point..confusing no?

Vhayes
Nov 16th 2008, 09:58 PM
Not confusing at all - that's pretty much how I see it as well. Thank you - your post made me smile!
V

Just_Another_Guy
Nov 17th 2008, 04:43 PM
Not confusing at all - that's pretty much how I see it as well. Thank you - your post made me smile!
V

Glad to see I made someone smile on here.

Yukerboy
Nov 17th 2008, 04:56 PM
Now I don't think this means that God is standing over our backs every minute telling us what to do every single second.

I would even be willing to go one step further and say I do think it means that God is standing over our backs every minute telling us what to do every single second.

For instance, let's say I am about to leave for work. I can't find the car keys and it delays me three minutes. Had I left three minutes earlier, I would have had an accident with another car that had the child that grows up to be the False Prophet in it and killed him. Then Revelation becomes an alternate timeline and not prophecy.

However, God, in knowing what would happen, leaves NOTHING to chance. If there is chance, then prophecy is no more than possibility instead of definitive.

I really hope that made sense as I started to confuse myself.

militarywife
Nov 17th 2008, 05:09 PM
God is at work around us all the time. Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;):hug:

Just_Another_Guy
Nov 17th 2008, 05:15 PM
Re: Yukerboy

I agree that God knows all. He gives us choices too though...that's all I was stating. I don't think every choice God gives us is inherently linked to his plan for salvation though. How many scenerios he gives us to choose from in any given situation is anyone's guess...only God would know this obviously.

Still, he knows which choice we will make in the end though, even regarding those insignificant things as stated in scriptures. Things like what shoes to wear, what exactly we will eat on a specific day, etc. I think he gives us many choices in those areas without directly forcing us to make a particular choice. So my thought would be that God is not inherently forcing us to choose spaghetti over lasagna on a certain day, wear green socks over yellow socks, etc..despite him knowing which one we will choose in the end.

There are those times of course, as you've mentioned..as to how those things we deem insignificant can be very significant in the grand scheme of God's plan, I just don't think that inherently every single one of them is.

theBelovedDisciple
Nov 17th 2008, 05:23 PM
I agree He is involved in every detail of His Child's life...

Psalms has alot of verses that point towards this..

I dont have time to post them now...

He knows our comings and goings.. there isnt a thought on our mind/heart...... that He doesnt know about... or is concerned about...

From a personal standpoint He was involved in details before I even 'knew' Him.... He blessed me in so many different ways... His Goodness and Mercy... even when I did not recognize it or give Him thanks or glory for it.... It was the 'revelation' of this.. that brought me to my knees on Feb 3 1994... saying yes to Him.. and realizing that 'without' Him or HisProvidence and protection in my life.. I would be but a 'statistic'....

His 'detailed' activity in my life prior to my conversion.. especially when it had to do with 'life threatening' times.. such as car accidents and suicide... when He stood there 'holding' back the 'devourer' as he petitioned for my life... Jesus standing there saying ... NO Satan.. you cannot have him... He BELONGS TO ME... begone..

I thank Him today for what He accomplished at the bloody tree.. capturing the Keys to Death Hell and the Grave... by His own Death..and Resurrection from the dead...

He Truly has the 'key's to death, hell and the grave....

And He is Truly in each detail of His Childs life... in this' life ' and the 'life' to come... that is Eternity.....

Yukerboy
Nov 17th 2008, 05:41 PM
There are those times of course, as you've mentioned..as to how those things we deem insignificant can be very significant in the grand scheme of God's plan, I just don't think that inherently every single one of them is.

This is a point where we will disagree....and there's nothing wrong with that. :)

I go to Wal-Mart, I buy a little toy for my child. The cash goes to Wal-Mart and Wal-Mart buys more of that toy, which is made in Indonesia. A worker for the company gets his paycheck and gives $0.20 to his son. His son goes to the church and puts it in the offering plate. The church is then able to pay tax to the Indonesian government, keeping it open, leading many to Christ.

For all of this to happen, I would have had to have a child, take the child to Wal Mart, the child must have wanted the toy, I must have been able to buy the toy, I must have wanted to buy the toy for that child instead of saying no, which I do all too often, Wal-Mart would have had to been dealing with that Indonesian Company. The worker with a good heart must have been willing to part with some of his paycheck to that child who goes to church, etc...etc.

It's like a predestined chaos theory or butterfly effect.

Yuke

Friend of I AM
Nov 17th 2008, 06:33 PM
I think it is important for all to remember that our opinions on how it works - don't necessarily reflect the reality, and are simply just opinions. Nothing more, nothing less. Remember when getting into issues like how God's sovereignty and omniscience works, we're kind of already starting from the point of putting a square peg in a round whole, as we're making the assumption that we have omniscience like God does and can understand everything that he does.

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77