PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice: Trapped in a sinful relationship!

TheFireRefinesMe
Dec 3rd 2008, 03:27 AM
Hi guys, im 17 and ive been studying the bible with 3 great strong christian guys. However, none of them have been in my situation. The problem is, im stuck in an immoral relationship. I know that the bible says to cut off anything that causes me to sin, but i feel so attached to this girl. Im asking for advice. Thanks in advance, please excuse any spelling/grammatical errors as i am on a PSP (no comp).

Revinius
Dec 3rd 2008, 04:31 AM
Hmmmm....

I think you know what you gotta do mate, is there really any need for us to say anything? Are you hoping someone on here will say it's ok for you to date this chick? You know what the Word requires, you were bought at a price and the very least you can do is give your entire life to Him.

Break it off with this girl and try and be a friend to her (if possible) and then get her along to church and/or tell her about Jesus.

ChristianKnight
Dec 3rd 2008, 10:37 AM
I am 16, dude, I stand kind of out where everyone else does. If you really LOVE her, do what your heart tells you to do, but I doubt you love her, cause most people don't find their love until they are like 20 and being wild, but I don't know, thats your choice.

Revinius
Dec 3rd 2008, 01:36 PM
Love isnt an emotion in the bible, it's a committment to someone. And where does the bible say our committment, our love, should be? First and foremost, to Him. Think on that.

Cara Lott
Dec 3rd 2008, 07:59 PM
Here's another thing, if you continue in this relationship, are you being fair to her and to the future husband she may one day have? Until you are married, she doesn't belong to you: she belongs to God and whoever her future husband may be. Yes, breaking up will be hard; yes, you care for her; and yes, you'll probably continue to care for her afterwards (I still care for and miss my ex), but isn't honoring God and the girl more important?

TheFireRefinesMe
Dec 4th 2008, 03:56 AM
Everyone here has put in valid points. Thanks to all. I have prayed about it and I am prepared to do what God wants. I hope and pray she will understand and take it well. Once again, thank you for sharing your wisdom.

Revinius
Dec 4th 2008, 05:13 AM
Everyone here has put in valid points. Thanks to all. I have prayed about it and I am prepared to do what God wants. I hope and pray she will understand and take it well. Once again, thank you for sharing your wisdom.

It is you who are making the wise decision. Proverbs 9:8 Do not rebuke a mocker or he will hate you; rebuke a wise man and he will love you.

thebaker
Dec 4th 2008, 06:25 AM
I have been in similar situations before. Honestly, it is hard at first and always tempting to go back to that person, even if you know 100% that they are wrong for you. Sometimes it seems like going back, no matter how bad it is, is better than being lonely. But with time, I believe God heals broken hearts. Even if it takes a while, with time you will know that you made the correct decision. Also, I've come to realize, that if you deeply feel guilty about something, no matter how hard you try to justify it to yourself, you know it is wrong.

RedBird777
Dec 8th 2008, 05:30 AM
I have been in a sinful relationship too...it was pretty hard on me spiritually.
We are told to run away from sexual immorality! This really got me thinking. My girlfriend hated that I thought that way, and in the end cheated on me with her ex. The love you have for God should be greater than a love for someone else.

And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment. And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Revinius
Dec 8th 2008, 05:46 AM
I have been in a sinful relationship too...it was pretty hard on me spiritually.
We are told to run away from sexual immorality! This really got me thinking. My girlfriend hated that I thought that way, and in the end cheated on me with her ex. The love you have for God should be greater than a love for someone else.

Doesnt sound like she walked with the Lord. Probably the best for you then. :hug:

RedBird777
Dec 8th 2008, 07:59 AM
Doesnt sound like she walked with the Lord. Probably the best for you then. :hug:
Not at all. It was a very bad mistake on my part. I should not have even entered the relationship. And I should have exited it sooner too.

Basically, BE CAREFUL. Don't let your hormones take over you.

markedward
Dec 12th 2008, 06:30 AM
Hi guys, im 17 and ive been studying the bible with 3 great strong christian guys. However, none of them have been in my situation. The problem is, im stuck in an immoral relationship. I know that the bible says to cut off anything that causes me to sin, but i feel so attached to this girl. Im asking for advice. Thanks in advance, please excuse any spelling/grammatical errors as i am on a PSP (no comp).You're not trapped. You're just not willing to let go and trying to make it look like the situation is out of your control. Whatever immoral things happen you can only truly blame upon yourself for not letting go when you know you need to.

You've made it as far as recognizing the problem... now put in some action and correct the problem for yourself.

kagomedanielle
Jan 10th 2009, 12:30 AM
well i just joined like a couple of minutes ago n i recently got baptized n i'm in the very same situation the only thing is that i've been in it for almost 3 yrs n i'm kinda lost myself so when you cum to your resolution can you plz help me out............plz

Romber
Jan 10th 2009, 01:34 AM

Glad to hear it. I was once in a similar situation and it was ended forcibly. It was totally distracting me from God, and God kinda had his way. It didn't end very good, but God needed me to stay focused, and this girl was keeping me away from it. Do it now before you become really hurt. I'll keep you in my prayers.

propheticdreams
Jan 12th 2009, 11:40 PM
I agree with the above posts. I suggest reading the book I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris. I think it would really help you.

doubledcattle
Jan 14th 2009, 02:32 PM
If you really LOVE her, do what your heart tells you to do

I would say listen to God and do what He tells you to do.

Dauwq
Jan 14th 2009, 02:41 PM
Praying with you.........just remeber one thing if it is not the road that God has prepared for you, you will go onto a side road, but one time or the other God will bring you back on the road that he has prepared.....Now ask yourself do I really want to go down the dirt road and get all damaged and bumped before hitting the tar road again? or do you want to walk smoothly with God on his perfect road.....Strongs

Ixthus
Jan 15th 2009, 07:20 PM
I'm a Sophomore and I had the same problem you did, I finally realized about 3 weeks ago that I couldn't walk with her and the Lord and by the grace of God I am now walking in the right direction.

Revinius
Jan 16th 2009, 02:11 AM
I'm a Sophomore and I had the same problem you did, I finally realized about 3 weeks ago that I couldn't walk with her and the Lord and by the grace of God I am now walking in the right direction.

That's really cool and encouraging man.

Shesh
Jan 17th 2009, 08:22 PM
I am happy for you because you are man enough to act now.I am a lady who was in the same situation and months after it was over,i am still suffering.God bless you and may He be your strength.

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77