PDA

View Full Version : Was Jesus attracted to women?

Bex4Jesus
Feb 27th 2009, 02:00 PM
I've never read anything about this, but I've thought about it before. I also watched the DiVinci Code a couple of years ago.

I was taught that Jesus was "fully human." Wouldn't being "fully human" include having some level of romantic interest in members of the opposite sex? This wouldn't mean he sinned - it would just make him fully human. Any thoughts?

Bex

Emanate
Feb 27th 2009, 02:05 PM
I am sure he was attracted to women. How far that attraction was, I have no idea.

Vhayes
Feb 27th 2009, 02:07 PM
Hebrews 4
14 - Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.
15 - For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin.
16 - Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
Hope that helps, Bex.
V

Watchmen
Feb 27th 2009, 04:17 PM
Hebrews 4:15 - For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. That was going to be my answer. ;)

MacGyver
Feb 28th 2009, 02:00 AM
I would guarantee that Jesus thought women were hot, at least I hope so. But He is the perfect example of how to practice chastity.

Joe King
Feb 28th 2009, 02:08 AM
I've never read anything about this, but I've thought about it before. I also watched the DiVinci Code a couple of years ago.

Bex

So did I. It's an abomination.

apothanein kerdos
Feb 28th 2009, 02:21 AM
I'm sure He was, but was chaste in His attraction.

Attraction and lust are two separate issues (hard to distinguish the two in American culture).

bosco
Feb 28th 2009, 06:45 PM
I'm sure He was, but was chaste in His attraction.

Attraction and lust are two separate issues (hard to distinguish the two in American culture).

True, and the word "hot" would fall into the lust area. Not sure Yahshua thought "chicks were hot!"

Bosco

SweetEnigma
Feb 28th 2009, 06:47 PM
Since He never sinned... and lust is sinful... I imagine He viewed women as God does... as His Lambs... not as potential mates.

shepherdsword
Feb 28th 2009, 06:53 PM
Hebrews 4
14 - Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.
15 - For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin.
16 - Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
Hope that helps, Bex.
V
I think those verses say it all

Gulah Papyrus
Feb 28th 2009, 06:54 PM
He was/is 100% God and 100% human...so yes, I'm sure he was attracted to women...at least he recognized that aspect of their beauty, but didn't let it go beyond that.

karenoka27
Feb 28th 2009, 07:56 PM
I would guarantee that Jesus thought women were hot, at least I hope so. But He is the perfect example of how to practice chastity.

I think not.

I do believe He was tempted as the Scripture says in all things. I do not think He thought of any woman as "hot." If He had, He would have sinned in His heart and we know that He did not.
He thought of the creation of woman as something beautiful:
Genesis 1:31-"And God saw every thing that He had made, and, behold, it was very good..."

MacGyver
Feb 28th 2009, 08:30 PM
I think not.

I do believe He was tempted as the Scripture says in all things. I do not think He thought of any woman as "hot." If He had, He would have sinned in His heart and we know that He did not.
He thought of the creation of woman as something beautiful:
Genesis 1:31-"And God saw every thing that He had made, and, behold, it was very good..."Thinking a woman is hot is not lusting, at least not in the joking manner that I meant it. I will be a little more careful about how I say things. Sorry.

daughter
Feb 28th 2009, 08:35 PM
Jesus must have appreciated the beauty of women more than any man who ever lived. After all, He invented us. But equally, He will have appreciated the beauty of men, and trees, and sparrows more than any man who ever lived, for the same reason.

I don't believe He would have "fancied" a woman though. But I'm sure He loved them.

paul1149
Feb 28th 2009, 09:21 PM
It's interesting to think of Jesus' developmental journey, that he wasn't instantly perfectly mature but had to work his way up relationally just as do we. I just read Sholem Asch's Mary, and it was a wonder to see Asch picture him growing in understanding and power. If I get time I want to read Asch's The Nazarene as well.

I personally have no doubt that Jesus was attracted to women, and at some point in his life had to choose his divine calling over married life. By 'attracted' I refer to both soulical gender attraction and sexual attraction, since as the Hebrews verse tells us, he was tempted in all things.

tt1106
Feb 28th 2009, 11:02 PM
I doubt if Jesus grew up developing as normal children do. The Bible's only reference to Jesus as a child makes it appear as if he was already well beyond normal development by adolescence.
Jesus may be fully Human but he is also fully God. I doubt if he thought women were HOT because he is the Creator. Hottness is a standard created by us, not God. God loves all his people and I doubt if he judges beauty as this is suggesting.
In order to think someone is HOT, you must find someone Not Hot.
Why would God of all creation, evaluate a persons attractiveness or relative worth based upon the standard of appearance. Although Jesus was born in the flesh I really doubt that his understanding human failings or emotions equates to him actually doing or thinking that.

AlanR742
Mar 7th 2009, 04:47 AM

The creator wouldn't be attracted to the creation (unless we're talking about brahma in the wicked hinduism). Jesus was TEMPTED, but he flicked it off. In other words, Jesus could have done things we do, but, he is infinite and we are finite, so, he chose glory over the corporal.

Romans 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

There's also "homosexuality," would Jesus have been tempted with that? Since people consider straight being the norm, no one is giving second thoughts to OTHER sins. So, Jesus had everything thrown at him - he didn't UPHOLD any of it though! So, the argument of "was Jesus attracted to women" could easily be inversed since he was tempted with all sins...

Psalm 8:5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
Hebrews 2:7 Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:

Jesus was a LITTLE lower than the angels - thus I believe he is a little HIGHER than humans - for he was sinless and was God in the flesh - so he had more insight and special properties.

davidharding
Mar 24th 2009, 05:05 AM

I was taught that Jesus was "fully human." Wouldn't being "fully human" include having some level of romantic interest in members of the opposite sex? This wouldn't mean he sinned - it would just make him fully human. Any thoughts?

Bex

yes, the devil tempted him in much the same manner all men are tempted

Izdaari
Mar 24th 2009, 08:39 AM
So did I. It's an abomination.
No, just an entertaining fiction. Dan Brown is quite a good storyteller. I'm reading the book now, enjoying it immensely. But if people took it as truth, that'd be abominable, not to mention silly.

Scar
Mar 24th 2009, 11:57 AM
No, just an entertaining fiction. Dan Brown is quite a good storyteller. I'm reading the book now, enjoying it immensely. But if people took it as truth, that'd be abominable, not to mention silly.

How is it enjoyable to read a book knowing it has led many people astray from the truth? Many people have took it as truth, and I can empathize with them. They are taught in the schools that creationism is a myth, evolution isn't just a theory but fact for all intents and purposes, and organized religion is full of insincere, corrupt people who are in it just for the money.

If they haven't read the Bible and come to an understanding of prophecy and the beautiful salvation message, it's hard for them to know what to believe.

keck553
Mar 24th 2009, 04:00 PM
Yeshua has every emotion and depth of emotion as all of us have. It simple was not in His mission. And leaving a widow had terrible consequences in those days. He is a God of mercy, not self-indulgence.

Anyway, that's my take on it.

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77