PDA

View Full Version : References Needed

LadyinWaiting
Apr 8th 2009, 02:57 AM
Hey everyone.

I'm preparing a lesson and have had some hard times coming up with references from Scripture regarding those who see injustice to keep it from happening. James 4:17 is all that is coming to mind at the moment (he who knows good and does not do it sins) as it applies to the speech I am trying to teach.

Any other ideas? Anything welcome :):hmm:

markedward
Apr 8th 2009, 03:43 AM
Ezekiel 3.16-21 And at the end of seven days, the word of the LORD came to me: "Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel. Whenever you hear a word from my mouth, you shall give them warning from me. If I say to the wicked, 'You shall surely die,' and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, in order to save his life, that wicked person shall die for his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand. But if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, or from his wicked way, he shall die for his iniquity, but you will have delivered your soul. Again, if a righteous person turns from his righteousness and commits injustice, and I lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die. Because you have not warned him, he shall die for his sin, and his righteous deeds that he has done shall not be remembered, but his blood I will require at your hand. But if you warn the righteous person not to sin, and he does not sin, he shall surely live, because he took warning, and you will have delivered your soul."

Not exactly the same was what you're asking for, but it is similar.

Walstib
Apr 8th 2009, 03:47 AM
Not sure if we are on the same page but these are what I thought of.

"But a Samaritan, who was on a journey, came upon him; and when he saw him, he felt compassion, and came to him and bandaged up his wounds, pouring oil and wine on them; and he put him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn and took care of him. "On the next day he took out two denarii and gave them to the innkeeper and said, 'Take care of him; and whatever more you spend, when I return I will repay you.' "Which of these three do you think proved to be a neighbor to the man who fell into the robbers' hands?" And he said, "The one who showed mercy toward him." Then Jesus said to him, "Go and do the same."(Luk 10:33-37 NASB)

"If a man opens a pit, or digs a pit and does not cover it over, and an ox or a donkey falls into it, the owner of the pit shall make restitution; he shall give money to its owner, and the dead animal shall become his. "If one man's ox hurts another's so that it dies, then they shall sell the live ox and divide its price equally; and also they shall divide the dead ox. "Or if it is known that the ox was previously in the habit of goring, yet its owner has not confined it, he shall surely pay ox for ox, and the dead animal shall become his. (Exo 21:33-36 NASB)

"When you build a new house, you shall make a parapet for your roof, so that you will not bring bloodguilt on your house if anyone falls from it.(Deu 22:8 NASB)

And He said to them, "What man is there among you who has a sheep, and if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will he not take hold of it and lift it out? (Mat 12:11 NASB)

"Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean; Remove the evil of your deeds from My sight. Cease to do evil, Learn to do good; Seek justice, Reprove the ruthless, Defend the orphan, Plead for the widow. "Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD, "Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool.(Isa 1:16-18 NASB)

crossnote
Apr 8th 2009, 05:57 AM
When we see injustice, we can ask the same question Cain asked but hopefully we will give a different answer.
"Am I my brother's keeper?"
To do nothing when it is in our power to help is to be partakers of the injustice.

LadyinWaiting
Apr 8th 2009, 01:16 PM
Good stuff, guys!! Thanks!!

pekoe
Apr 8th 2009, 01:51 PM
Check out Isaiah 58:6-14

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77