PDA

View Full Version : True Christians

JJ18160
Apr 9th 2009, 07:18 AM
Fellow Christians, is there any denominations which claim to be christian that you don't believe are true christians. for me, the mormon religion seems to be bordeline heretic. If they claim that someone named joesph smith was a prophet of God, how can they even claim to be in the same religous grouping as us. Not to mention the book of mormon.

Johnboy
Apr 9th 2009, 08:01 AM
Fellow Christians, is there any denominations which claim to be christian that you don't believe are true christians. for me, the mormon religion seems to be bordeline heretic. If they claim that someone named joesph smith was a prophet of God, how can they even claim to be in the same religous grouping as us. Not to mention the book of mormon.
what about christadelphians?

shepherdsword
Apr 9th 2009, 09:39 AM
I have often wondered if Jesus will give us the theology test that many of us think we have to pass in order to get into his Kingdom. I have also wondered if there is a possibility that we are all as deceived as the pharisees and sadducees were. I used to have all the answers and could lay down the plumbline to exclude those I thought were heretics. Maybe we are all heretics because of our divisions and sects.All I know is this "He that hath the Son hath Life and he that hath not the Son hath not life"

Tomlane
Apr 9th 2009, 11:37 AM
The Lord is only building one church not churches. Acts 2:47. The Lord adds the members. All of man's inventions {Churches} have both saved and unsaved in them.

2 Corinthians 6:14 *Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Being equally yoked in denominations is impossible because the membership is all done by man. There are over 3,000 Protestant denominations. Most people believe in the faith of your choice and God says there is only one faith.

Ephesians 4:5 *One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Paul told the Christians at Corinth they were carnal for being contentious and divided.

1 Corinthians 1:10 *śNow I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
11 *For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
12 *Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
13 *Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Tomlane

David Taylor
Apr 9th 2009, 12:23 PM
I have often wondered if Jesus will give us the theology test that many of us think we have to pass in order to get into his Kingdom.All I know is this "He that hath the Son hath Life and he that hath not the Son hath not life"

Can you have life through the Son if follow the wrong Jesus..

Can a "jesus" created by a false god, organization, or prophet save you?
Can a "jesus" who is the brother of Satan save you?

Firstfruits
Apr 9th 2009, 03:20 PM
Can you have life through the Son if follow the wrong Jesus..

Can a "jesus" created by a false god, organization, or prophet save you?
Can a "jesus" who is the brother of Satan save you?

I would think that if they have the wrong Jesus, they also have the wrong gospel;

Gal 1:8 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=48&CHAP=1&SEARCH=jesus king lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=8) But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=48&CHAP=1&SEARCH=jesus king lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=9) As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

2 Cor 11:4 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=47&CHAP=11&SEARCH=jesus king lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=4) For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

God bless you David!!!!

Firstfruits

Watchmen
Apr 9th 2009, 03:29 PM
Fellow Christians, is there any denominations which claim to be christian that you don't believe are true christians. for me, the mormon religion seems to be bordeline heretic. If they claim that someone named joesph smith was a prophet of God, how can they even claim to be in the same religous grouping as us. Not to mention the book of mormon.I do not think Calvinist are Christians.

Walstib
Apr 9th 2009, 03:38 PM
Closed for review

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77