PDA

View Full Version : Fasting and answers

Skipscan
Apr 9th 2009, 05:05 PM
I've done 24 hour fasts many times in the past and I've always had my prayers answered except for one time which was the last time I fasted. I wanted to fast again, but I was afraid if I did it again, the last fast would be considered disrespectful and meaningless. Would I be disrespecful if I fasted again? I just can't get myself to do it and I' m seeking answers before I commit to another 24 hours of sacrifice which is tiny compared to the sacrifice Jesus Christ made for all of us.

Slug1
Apr 9th 2009, 05:29 PM
I've done 24 hour fasts many times in the past and I've always had my prayers answered except for one time which was the last time I fasted. I wanted to fast again, but I was afraid if I did it again, the last fast would be considered disrespectful and meaningless. Would I be disrespecful if I fasted again? I just can't get myself to do it and I' m seeking answers before I commit to another 24 hours of sacrifice which is tiny compared to the sacrifice Jesus Christ made for all of us.Daniel began a fast that lasted for about 3 weeks before the angel baring the answer could fight it's way through and get that answer to him.

Skipscan
Apr 9th 2009, 05:52 PM
I can't last 3 weeks, Slug. I'd say 48 hours max, but I won't try it at this time.

Slug1
Apr 9th 2009, 06:33 PM
I can't last 3 weeks, Slug. I'd say 48 hours max, but I won't try it at this time.You talking about no food style of fast? The Daniel Fast you eat, just specific foods. I did a Daniel fast for 3 weeks, it was great and now our diet is taylored around that fast. We need to get strict with it again.

I did a 72 hours fast (no food) once... just water (whenever) and juice (as a meal). I received answers I was seeking.

Usually I'm led to a fast and I find them easier then when I just "say", I'll fast and force myself through it.

Skipscan
Apr 9th 2009, 08:29 PM
I'm talking about the only thing allowed is H20.

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77