PDA

View Full Version : Violent men

bagofseed
Apr 10th 2009, 07:39 AM
Are we to be forceful violent men?
How are we to be forceful violent men?

Mat 11:12 "From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force.

I think many Christians are suffering violence under Spiritual oppression and slavery, enslaved by many lies.

I think in order for them to be free. God's men need to be forceful even violent in our attacks. violent against lies, remembering our battle is not with flesh and blood.

Are we willing to call it what it is.
To allow our selves to be aggressive against the evil we encounter in life.

I hear there are no cowards in heaven.

9Marksfan
Apr 10th 2009, 11:55 AM

Mat 11:12 "From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force.

I think many Christians are suffering violence under Spiritual oppression and slavery, enslaved by many lies.

I think in order for them to be free. God's men need to be forceful even violent in our attacks. violent against lies, remembering our battle is not with flesh and blood.

Yep - great point - note who gets mentioned first in this verse:-

But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death. Rev 21:8 NKJV

crossnote
Apr 11th 2009, 07:16 AM

This all begs the question. "Why from the days of John the Baptist until it was spoken?" "What specific violence was the kingdom of heaven suffering during that time period?"

bagofseed
Apr 11th 2009, 07:26 AM
This all begs the question. "Why from the days of John the Baptist until it was spoken?" "What specific violence was the kingdom of heaven suffering during that time period?"
I think it is because the kingdom of heaven came to earth then.

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77