PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Which Temple Does God Recognize??

Tomlane
Apr 10th 2009, 01:23 PM
Many today see Churches as the temple or house of God, also some see Jewish synagogues as the house of God, and a few see a believer as the temple of God. Which one is biblical for today?

Tomlane

faithfulfriend
Apr 10th 2009, 02:03 PM
Many today see Churches as the temple or house of God, also some see Jewish synagogues as the house of God, and a few see a believer as the temple of God. Which one is biblical for today?

Tomlane

If I'm interpreting your question correctly, my answer would be the church/temple are the people of God, it's not a building.

2 Corinthians 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

The temple is a spiritual establishment, not physical:

1 Peter 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 3:6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

theBelovedDisciple
Apr 10th 2009, 04:16 PM

Tomlane

The 'body' is the temple.. its where your soul and spirit are... that 'inner man'.. Paul taught about and David declared in the Psalms... that 'inward' part.. where ye shall make me to 'know' widsom.. its Where God dwells when a Person is Born Again from Above....

Listen to these words...

For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name Holy; I dwell in the high and holy [place], with him also [that is] of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

This is not describing a 'building' or a huge Sanctuary adorned with pearls and costly array.. but it is describing His Children.. His People.. His True Church.. not built with wood, steel, paint, nails, fancy furniture...

but Purchased and Bought with the Precious Blood of the Lamb...

Listen to Paul's words here when another tries do defile a Born Again Christian.. this means to destroy or cause to fail out of jealousy and hatred ....
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

If any man [I]defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which [temple] ye are.

Emanate
Apr 10th 2009, 06:48 PM

Tomlane

There has been no physical temple since 70 CE. No Jewish synagogue is viewed as the 'house of God." More liberal synagogues call themselves temples, but most of them do not even believe in a god. Others have shown the scriptural view of today's temple and I will only add that individuals are not the temple. It is the church as a whole. Believers are are congregationally the temple.

Tomlane
Apr 10th 2009, 11:26 PM
Wow, all very biblical answers. Now my next question and I believe a fair one. In the light of the scriptures you all have given then why do we have churches? Since we are the building blocks why can't we just meet in the family name of Jesus Christ as we are commanded to do?

Colossians 3:17 *And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Colossians 2:8 *Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Tomlane

keck553
Apr 11th 2009, 02:19 AM
Most churches I've been to are on a perpetual milk diet. Nothing wrong with meeting in homes to read God's Word. It's what we do 80% of the time.

Tomlane
Apr 11th 2009, 02:27 AM
Keck, I your eloquent description of a milk diet is so right on. Bye the way Keck I get the impression you don't believe in dispensations. If that is a correct assumption, would care to share with me why you don't?

Thanks Tomlane

Dani H
Apr 11th 2009, 03:58 AM
The Church as a whole is the temple of the living God, who no longer lives in temples made by human hands. We're individually, the living stones, with Christ the chief cornerstone. And we're also the priests serving there, with Jesus the High Priest.

I don't know how exactly all that works out from where God sits, but there you have it.

crossnote
Apr 11th 2009, 06:34 AM

Tomlane

And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. (Rev 21:22) :o

keck553
Apr 11th 2009, 02:31 PM
Keck, I your eloquent description of a milk diet is so right on. Bye the way Keck I get the impression you don't believe in dispensations. If that is a correct assumption, would care to share with me why you don't?

Thanks Tomlane\\

I will start a thread soon. Promise!

Tomlane
Apr 11th 2009, 02:35 PM
Keck, OK, I will be looking for it but when your ready, Rome wasn't build in one day. :D

Tomlane

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77