PDA

View Full Version : New Testament Scriptures/Old Testament Object Lessons:

THOM
Apr 11th 2009, 01:50 AM
Listed below, are some of my Favorite New Testament Scripture, utilizing an Old Testament Object Lesson, as per, "All scripture is given by inspiration of GOD, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. (2Tim. 3:16-17)"; when Paul penned that Scripture, ONLY The [Documented] Old Testament [Scripture] was available.

Here's a couple of my favorites:

I.
NT Scripture: "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of THE FATHER is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. (1John 2:15-16)"
OT Object Lesson: "And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. (Genesis 3:6)"

Lesson Taught/Learned:

"ALL That is in the World is"...

1) "The lust of the flesh": ". . .good for food...";

2) "The lust of the eyes": ". . .pleasant to the eyes...";

3) "The pride of life": ". . .a tree to be desired to make one wise...".

II.

NT Scripture: "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of GOD; For the wages of sin is death;...(Romans 3:10, 23;6:23)"
OT Scripture: "And she said, The Philistines be upon thee, Samson. And he awoke out of his sleep, and said, I will go out as at other times before, and shake myself. And he wist [knew] not that THE [SPIRIT of THE] LORD was departed from him. But the Philistines took him, and put out his eyes, and brought him down to Gaza, and bound him with fetters of brass; and he did grind in the prison house...(Judges 16:20-21)"

Lesson Taught/Learned:
What Sin does to Anyone. . .and Especially a Believer.

Sin:
1) Blinds [". . .put out his eyes..."]: "There is none righteous, no, not one"; Sins CLOUDS!

2) Binds [". . .bound him with fetters of brass..."]: ". . .all have sinned, and come short of the glory of GOD."; Sin CONTROLS!

3) Grinds [". . .he did grind in the prison house..."]: ". . .the wages of sin is death." Sin CONSUMES!

But here's THE [GOOD NEWS] GOSPEL:

From the OT:
". . .[The word, "Grace (Unmerited favor from GOD)", may not be recorded/documented in the Old Testament, but just note the following first word:) Howbeit ["Grace", when GOD should have left Sam (and us) bald headed] the hair of his head began to grow again after he was shaven. (Judges 16:22)";

From the NT:
". . .but the gift ["Grace" PLUS!] of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 6:23)"

What's yours'? Let share!

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77