PDA

View Full Version : james earl jones reads The Bible

ChristBearer81
Apr 11th 2009, 02:25 PM
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. i picked this cd set up on ebay for $45. the set comes in 60 discs and is an audio read of the entire KJV Bible. jones reads the 14 cds of the new testament and jon sherberg reads the 46 cds of the old testament. when i get to my desktop, ill upload a sample cd for you all if you'd like.

amazingly, i found that i was absorbing the Good Book's message as if i were reading it, but at more of an accelerated rate. the listening is soothing and enjoyable, and i still picked up the message being sent. its great.

im not being a posting-advertisement here, but rather sending out the word that this is a terrific tool for the Christian. i dunno, have anyone ever heard this set before? i recommend it. :)

p.s. - you hear james earl jones in his darth vader voice say "LUUUUKE....chapter 2" -- haha, the irony is funny

matthew7and1
Apr 11th 2009, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the FYI, this may be great to pick up for car rides.....

ChristBearer81
Apr 11th 2009, 02:54 PM
^absolutely. plus, i started putting the books into my ipod. the amazing part is that you will actually go through the new testament in a couple weeks, haha.

i grabbed it originally because with all of my studying at school, having to read was a little rough at times, but learning by ear is great, too. ill try and remind myself to toss a cd up here for you guys later on..

paradiseinn
Apr 11th 2009, 03:22 PM
p.s. - you hear james earl jones in his darth vader voice say "LUUUUKE....chapter 2" -- haha, the irony is funny

SWEET! That's awesome! hahahaha!

ChristBearer81
Apr 11th 2009, 04:01 PM
^i found it absolutely hilarious. makes you picture darth reading the Bible, instead of jej..haha

heres a rapidshare link to Luke Chapter 14. its uploaded from my imac, so its a m4a file. not sure if windows users can play it. ill try for an mp3 version on my laptop, tho in a few mins. enjoy..

http://rapidshare.com/files/220119118/51-03_Luke_14.m4a.html

paradiseinn
Apr 11th 2009, 04:16 PM
45 dollars, not bad. He has a nice reading voice. Really cool ChristBearer! thanks for the link too.

ChristBearer81
Apr 11th 2009, 04:30 PM
^no problem, buddy. here's an upload of the same chapter from my laptop..

http://rapidshare.com/files/220128442/03_Luke_14.wma.html

darth earl puts it down! :D

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77