PDA

View Full Version : Has God ever talked to you audibly?

divaD
Apr 13th 2009, 01:27 PM
On another site, I know a Holiness Pentecostal that claims God instructs him on various occasions audibly. Me being me, I have a major problem with that..I simply don't believe it.

Do I believe God can speak audibly? Sure I do. The Scriptures attest to that fact. But the Scriptures also tell us that when mere humans encountered angels, they were basically awe stricken and in fear.

One can only imagine if a created angel can cause a human to act in that manner, words then wouldn't be able to describe if God were actually talking to one audibly.

But this certain Pentecostal sees it as no big deal that God speaks to him audibly at times.

I also get somewhat of the same impression with various posters on this board, that God actually speaks to them audibly on occasion, If you happen to be one of these folks, how do you know for certain it is God that is audibly speaking to you? And what exactly is it that He says to you, and what does His voice sound like? Does it sound like yours?

If there are actually members in here that admit to believing God speaks to them audibly on occasion, I then have to ask...but why? We have the entirety of the Scriptures. This is where God speaks to us from. It makes absolutely no sense that in this day and age, that He would speak to anyone audibly, especially as if it's an occasional casual thing, and no major deal.

mfowler12
Apr 13th 2009, 02:25 PM
The moment that I was broken and had everything coming in on me, I heard a voice in my head that showed me the way to Him and out of my situation.

I cannot say that it was an "audible" experience but it was like the voice in my head was telling me what I needed to know right then.

Maybe that is what our brother is talking about?

divaD
Apr 13th 2009, 02:41 PM
I cannot say that it was an "audible" experience but it was like the voice in my head was telling me what I needed to know
right then.

Maybe that is what our brother is talking about?

Nope...not even close. He's talking about hearing an audible voice outside of the head. If it were like a voice inside one's head like you describe(which could actually be one's conscience), then I wouldn't necessarily see a major problem with this, unless of course the voice inside of the head was misleading and or was wrong.

NotMyOwn
Apr 13th 2009, 05:15 PM
The only two times God talks audibly outside the OT that I am aware of is when Jesus was baptized, and on Paul's conversion on the road to Damascus. Even when John recieved the Book of Revelation it was only in a dream.

I believe the Holy Spirit communicates with us through thoughts.

theBelovedDisciple
Apr 13th 2009, 05:49 PM
If you believe Jesus is God .. then the NT is full of God speaking audibly.. which He did thru the Person of Jesus the Christ..

Personally I have heard Him speak to me audibily... not a voice inside my head..

One was when He delivered and converted me in 1994.. and there have been other numerous occasions.. His Audible words have been Words that I have needed.. they have been words of exhortation and comfort... not condemnation.....the words have been 'personal'.. having to do with a situation or concern of mine.. which no other man has known.. and not even the devil himself 'knew' about.. But God 'knew'..

There were other times as a youngster .. that I do remember when I was by myself.. and I heard someobody call my name... "Travis".. only to turn around there was nobody there.. I believe in my Heart today that it was Him..... as it was Him who Loved me First.. not me loving God first.. and He gave Himself for me...

So yes I have heard God's Voice and it was an Audible voice..

Tomlane
Apr 14th 2009, 12:31 AM
I was going into clinical depression {I later learned} it was like I was falling into a black hole I was so despondent and had been for several years. I was actually homeless preceding this event, living in my car and working out of the trunk, painting signs. The longer I was homeless and with no friends, the more down I became. With circumstances that I thought overwhelming one evening: I was sitting outside in a kids swing {after I stopped living in my car} it was almost completely dark and I thought to myself, is this what my life is going to be like here on out?

Suddenly I felt a strong presence and energy going around me. In my head and very plainly this voice said with much concern and with much confidence, "My son, be patient, trust me!" and the voice and he energy was gone.

My despondency was gone and I faced my situations with new strength although no one believed me about my experience. I knew so that didn't matter no one believed me. I do believe it was supernatural. Wither it was God or an angel I don't know, but it was real and I was not looking for it.

Tomlane

HisLeast
Apr 14th 2009, 02:22 AM
Personally, I get really annoyed listening to people talk about their brush with the supernatural. Its mostly because I'm a curmudgeon and I'm secretly jealous that they've had some kind of undeniable experience. At my heart I am like Thomas... "can this really be"... but unlike him I will never have the corporeal evidence in front of me.

Tomlane
Apr 14th 2009, 02:31 AM
Hisleast, if you are saved, then that is the best and most costly miracle of all and the one that has blessing for eternity. Those in hell I'm sure envy the heavenly gift. Perhaps I should have kept silent about my experience. I did have second thoughts about it since it seems so far out.

Tomlane

HisLeast
Apr 14th 2009, 02:50 AM
Hisleast, if you are saved, then that is the best and most costly miracle of all and the one that has blessing for eternity. Those in hell I'm sure envy the heavenly gift. Perhaps I should have kept silent about my experience. I did have second thoughts about it since it seems so far out.

Tomlane

Why should you stay silent about your experience? I only get frustrated over that kind of thing because of my own flawed character.

Believe me, after the mistake I made a couple years back, I understand the miracle of grace. But that's a spiritual miracle that people of many faiths believe they've experienced. But as for experiencing something... there's no doubt that I have not, and likely never will.

Tomlane
Apr 14th 2009, 03:14 AM
Hisleast, if I was in your shoes and not having had a supernatural experience as I had, I would consider that a real blessing for we are to walk by faith and not by the physical.

Had I been trusting in the Lord from the start, I would not have gotten my self into such an extremely bad situation for several years and I would not have gotten so far down so the Lord had to step in and save my sanity. Its more to my shame then anything else. Evidently, the Lord had better plans for me then allowing me to loose my marbles and be a drag on myself and those around me.

I have seen people who have had a nervous breakdown and not only do they lower their IQ but most remain an emotional wreck and their bodies go down hill as well. So few make it back to normal.

A doctor friend of mine was the one who told me I had the classical symptoms of a nervous breakdown. Also he told me He never heard of anyone ever being completely healed of it in an instant. My friend is also Jewish and not a believer in God so that confounded the man even more.

So Sir, please be blessed and content with what you have from God.

Tomlane

bagofseed
Apr 14th 2009, 05:22 AM
Personally, I get really annoyed listening to people talk about their brush with the supernatural. Its mostly because I'm a curmudgeon and I'm secretly jealous that they've had some kind of undeniable experience. At my heart I am like Thomas... "can this really be"... but unlike him I will never have the corporeal evidence in front of me.
It's faith that pleases Him.
Even faith to reach out for more, and keep reaching.
If your heart is right in asking what good, would He ever withhold from you?
If you hold nothing back from Him, what good thing is He unable to give you?

crossnote
Apr 14th 2009, 05:27 AM
I heard Christ speak audibly ONE time. Not to me but to His Father.

Ethnikos
Apr 14th 2009, 10:39 AM
No, but an angel did one time. It told me to get out of my house and drive to a certain place where a particular person could find me.
I did hear a voice in my head at a charismatic prayer meeting but I decided it was not from God. God does not talk to people in a way that makes them feel uncomfortable or creepy.

Slug1
Apr 14th 2009, 12:25 PM
During a period in my life when I was praying specifically for God to help me, I went to bed and heard the words, "The warrior in you, cries out!" It was a very distinctive voice and I went downstairs and prayed more. This prayer was answered.

divaD
Apr 14th 2009, 12:46 PM
There's another reason that I wanted to discuss this particular topic.
My mother claims to have talked to the Lord on many occasions, and that He spoke back to her numerous times audibly. Sort of like the casual kind of thing I was talking about. Since this first started occuring 10 yrs ago or so, my mother started developing rheumatoid arthritis. It progressivly got worse. Now she is completely physically helpless, the disease has put her in a wheelchair.

This doesn't add up to me. How could one go from talking to God and God speaking back audibly, to becoming wheelchair bound the rest of their lives? I have a theory tho. She watches and has watched most of those Charismatics on tv. The only thing I can figure out is, somehow she attracted a familiar spirit or something.

Even tho I don't doubt anyone's experiences in this thread, I still seriously doubt that is was actually God Himself that spoke to you.

On that other site where the Pentecostal is, there's another fellow there. He absolutely hates Pentecostalism. When confronted with why? He simply says that God audibly demanded him to take up a ministry againt the cult of Pentacostalism. He says God calls it a cult and that God hates it, so this is the reason he hates it. Come on now..let's get real here..there is no way God demanded this person to do any such thing.

All of these things don't add up to me. There is no way this can be God Himself saying and causing all of these things. I guess I'll keep doing things the old fashioned way..and that is living by faith and not by site, because I don't want to start hearing these audible voices.

Jeremiah333
Apr 14th 2009, 01:20 PM
It is very hard to talk about such things, because they are so hard to explain to someone else.

I have "heard" God speak to me, but it was not "audible". This has happened about 10 times in 15 yrs. Each time, of course, what He said was true.

I have also been spoken to by an angel. I was a Christian of less than a year, and had read in the Bible that sometimes we are dealing with an angel and don't know it. I *cringe* actually prayed that I would see an angel. A week or two later, my greatest fear at that time, came to pass. I was helped by two strangers. The second one turned out to be an angel, although I did not know it at first, I knew before I left.

God had answered my prayer about seeing an angel, and it was an unbelievable experience.

divaD
Apr 14th 2009, 01:41 PM
It is very hard to talk about such things, because they are so hard to explain to someone else.

I have "heard" God speak to me, but it was not "audible". This has happened about 10 times in 15 yrs. Each time, of course, what He said was true.

I have also been spoken to by an angel. I was a Christian of less than a year, and had read in the Bible that sometimes we are dealing with an angel and don't know it. I *cringe* actually prayed that I would see an angel. A week or two later, my greatest fear at that time, came to pass. I was helped by two strangers. The second one turned out to be an angel, although I did not know it at first, I knew before I left.

God had answered my prayer about seeing an angel, and it was an unbelievable experience.

What you describe sounds very reasonable to me. My grandmother, who was a Baptist, when she was a young teen, she and her sister ventured into a pasture where a raging bull was. According to my grandmother, an angel appeared and somehow got she and her sister to safety. I believe this. So, with that in mind, why is so difficult for me to believe that God speaks audibly to some at times?

VerticalReality
Apr 14th 2009, 02:15 PM
I, personally, have never heard the Lord speak audibly. Now, His Spirit bears witness with my spirit on things all the time. I am led by His Spirit and directed by Him all the time. However, it is never audible. I'm not saying that I don't believe God does speak to people audibly . . . just that I've never experienced it.

I've heard folks theorize that God rarely speaks to people audibly, and when He does it is always because whatever He is speaking of audibly is a huge event of tremendous importance (e.g. Moses leading the Israelites out of captivity). I guess they theorize that if a person hears that audible instruction of God they are less likely to doubt what His will is.

If you notice in the New Testament God doesn't really speak audibly very much. The one time that comes to mind quickly is Paul's conversion on the road to Damascus. However, Paul was not a spiritually led individual at that time. He was a carnal man who persecuted the Lord's Church.

I wonder why a spiritually minded person would need audible instruction. Those who are spiritually minded should already be in tune with the Lord I would think. However, I'm not the end all in regards to this issue.

Slug1
Apr 14th 2009, 02:32 PM
So, with that in mind, why is so difficult for me to believe that God speaks audibly to some at times?IMO, it's cause we presently live here in the world and we're in satan's playground. Allot of imitation going on to mislead people. That is why many prayers I do outloud and many I do silently to God. I'm led to do specific prayers in silence and have even begun outloud and was silenced by the Holy Spirit as I understand to pray silent at times... one on one with my Saviour Jesus Christ. This way when a person receives a Word from God as He speaks (not audibly however, just a message placed upon them) to them and they pass that message to me, I know it as confirmation and from Him... all Glory to God. Sometimes I don't listen as I should so the Lord has to go through others... sometimes I'm listening and He still answers through others and not to me directly. Especially as God begins to lead me to scripture to help in understanding and leading to an answer... so when that Word comes, or I "hear" what I heard from my post above... I know it's from God and not from the enemy. All Words that I have received from God when I listen... and have passed on to my pastor, are answers and guidance to sitautions I had no idea about but he's waiting for confirmation or answers.

crossnote
Apr 15th 2009, 05:10 AM
There's another reason that I wanted to discuss this particular topic.
My mother claims to have talked to the Lord on many occasions, and that He spoke back to her numerous times audibly. Sort of like the casual kind of thing I was talking about. Since this first started occuring 10 yrs ago or so, my mother started developing rheumatoid arthritis. It progressivly got worse. Now she is completely physically helpless, the disease has put her in a wheelchair.

This doesn't add up to me. How could one go from talking to God and God speaking back audibly, to becoming wheelchair bound the rest of their lives? I have a theory tho. She watches and has watched most of those Charismatics on tv. The only thing I can figure out is, somehow she attracted a familiar spirit or something.

Even tho I don't doubt anyone's experiences in this thread, I still seriously doubt that is was actually God Himself that spoke to you.

On that other site where the Pentecostal is, there's another fellow there. He absolutely hates Pentecostalism. When confronted with why? He simply says that God audibly demanded him to take up a ministry againt the cult of Pentacostalism. He says God calls it a cult and that God hates it, so this is the reason he hates it. Come on now..let's get real here..there is no way God demanded this person to do any such thing.

All of these things don't add up to me. There is no way this can be God Himself saying and causing all of these things. I guess I'll keep doing things the old fashioned way..and that is living by faith and not by site, because I don't want to start hearing these audible voices.

God does not promise his children immunity from diseases. Maybe the Lord has your mother in that condition so you have the opportunity to help her. I have seen many a beautiful saints racked with cancer with smiles on their faces still loving others unselfishly.
If the devil can whisper tempting thoughts in our heads why can't the Holy Spirit whisper His Word bringing to remembrance all He has promised us?
I'm not Charismatic or Pentecostal but neither am I a dispensationalist in the sense that God no longer speaks audibly on rare occasions to His saints.

theBelovedDisciple
Apr 15th 2009, 04:11 PM
Now therefore, what have I here, saith the LORD, that my people is taken away for nought? they that rule over them make them to howl, saith the LORD; and my name continually every day blasphemed.

Therefore my people [I]shall know my name: therefore [they shall know] in that day that I [am] he that doth speak: behold, [it is] I.

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!

divaD
Apr 15th 2009, 04:34 PM
If the devil can whisper tempting thoughts in our heads why can't the Holy Spirit whisper His Word bringing to remembrance
all He has promised us?

I have no problem with this, but is this even the same thing, where one might hear an audible voice outside of their head, then assume that it was God that was speaking to them?

What doesn't make sense, as in my mother's case, she seems to have a faith and a belief that God has spoken audibly to her, yet at the same time, she has been claiming for years that God has healed her(name it and claim it), yet no healing ever comes. This leads me to conclude, as much as I dearly love my mother, that it couldn't have been God speaking audibly to her all those times.

When I used to work in Dallas, I used to work with some Pentecostals. This was during my Charismatic days. But anyway, one of these co-workers once told me that God spoke to him audibly, told him to get on a plane and go somewhere in California. That's all he was instructed to do. So what do you think he did? He did exactly as the voice commanded. When he got to his destination, he had absolutely no clue what he was sent there to do. After being there for several hours, he simply went back to the airport and headed back to Dallas.

I'm pretty certain, had that same audible voice told him to do it again, he would have done it in a heartbeat, because he believed that voice to be God Himself speaking to him, even tho his trip to California turned out to be pointless. Perhaps he reasoned that God was simply testing him, in order to determine if he would do what God wants and when God wants. That's sort of the point I think he was trying to stress when he told me of this. Even so, it's ridiculous to think God was merely testing him, IMO.

divaD
Apr 15th 2009, 05:29 PM
Now therefore, what have I here, saith the LORD, that my people is taken away for nought? they that rule over them make them to howl, saith the LORD; and my name continually every day blasphemed.

Therefore my people [I]shall know my name: therefore [they shall know] in that day that I [am] he that doth speak: behold, [it is] I.

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!

I'm confused about your point? Since Jeremiah was a called prophet of God, then it only stands to reason that God communicated with him in some manner or another. When Jeremiah actually spoke forth audibly, do you believe that God took over his vocal chords, and that it was God's voice coming from Jeremiah, or do you believe Jeremiah simply spoke what he had been instructed to say?

My point is, God no longer does things in this manner anymore. I also don't believe there is any such thing as a modern day prophet, such as Jeremiah, whom God is still speaking thru these days. With that in mind, what would be the point for God to speak audibly to anyone? He never did this in the past, just to be casually shooting the breeze with someone, so why would He do it now? In the past, He used specific people for specific reasons.

Dani H
Apr 15th 2009, 05:50 PM
I've never heard an audible voice with my ears.

When the Holy Spirit speaks to me, it's always within, within my spirit, where He communicates with me, be that through the Bible when the Word comes alive in my spirit, be that through direct communication, and whichever other ways. He has used secular songs, other people, all kinds of things to speak to me and get my attention.

I really don't understand how that is either surprising or unusual. To me, it's the most natural thing in the world. But it wasn't always so. God had to set me free of a lot of old belief structures and prejudices and attitudes, and as He has done so, His voice has become more and more clear and distinct.

God desires to communicate with His children. His sheep hear His voice. I know the enemy's voice, and I know the voice of the Savior. They're very distinct, and obvious to me.

Slug1
Apr 15th 2009, 06:08 PM
I've never heard an audible voice with my ears.

When the Holy Spirit speaks to me, it's always within, within my spirit, where He communicates with me, be that through the Bible when the Word comes alive in my spirit, be that through direct communication, and whichever other ways. He has used secular songs, other people, all kinds of things to speak to me and get my attention.

I really don't understand how that is either surprising or unusual. To me, it's the most natural thing in the world. But it wasn't always so. God had to set me free of a lot of old belief structures and prejudices and attitudes, and as He has done so, His voice has become more and more clear and distinct.

God desires to communicate with His children. His sheep hear His voice. I know the enemy's voice, and I know the voice of the Savior. They're very distinct, and obvious to me. That's exactly how it was with me... once I began to seek God through the leading of the Holy Spirit vs. through ritual/traditions of the religion's I grew up in... the Lord began to speak to me once I surrendered to Him and not my religion.

One of the coolest methods He's used to communicate with me, if not directly to my spirit... was when I would receive a Christian newsletter. One I never subscribed to yet was always an answer to a prayer or direction for me (scripture within the nl) or for something I was involved with at church. I learned that when the newsletter was in my inbox, I'd print it and read it alone in the backroom cause it would lead to a very intimate time with the Lord as He ministered to me directly.

Eben
Apr 15th 2009, 06:19 PM
If God does speak to you audibly then you can throw your Bible away, why will you need the Bible then.
Personally I have experienced something spiritual when I went through a very traumatic event. I felt a sudden "injection" of energy and a sence of peace, this after sitting next to a sickbed for 5 days. I also experienced this at the grave three days later. I consider this to be the peace of God which is far beyond human understanding. Phil.4:7
Having experienced this I can except the fact that you can be lead by the Holy Spirit in thought but then you must be spiritually alive. But audible voices I cant accept, I believe it comes from whithin as the Spirit is whithin.

VerticalReality
Apr 15th 2009, 07:12 PM
If God does speak to you audibly then you can throw your Bible away, why will you need the Bible then. But audible voices I cant accept, I believe it comes from whithin as the Spirit is whithin.

The ironic thing about this position, however, is that God never made such a proclamation . . . not even in His Word.

He has never said that He would stop audibly speaking just because people have the bible. Where did you formulate the notion that God isn't going to speak audibly simply because we now have a bible?

Honestly, I think deep down people refuse to believe God will speak audibly because it is something that just doesn't align with their perception of "reality".

Bernie
Apr 20th 2009, 02:41 AM
I also get somewhat of the same impression with various posters on this board, that God actually speaks to them audibly on occasion, If you happen to be one of these folks, how do you know for certain it is God that is audibly speaking to you? And what exactly is it that He says to you, and what does His voice sound like? Does it sound like yours?

If there are actually members in here that admit to believing God speaks to them audibly on occasion, I then have to ask...but why? We have the entirety of the Scriptures. This is where God speaks to us from. It makes absolutely no sense that in this day and age, that He would speak to anyone audibly, especially as if it's an occasional casual thing, and no major deal..
How do you define "audibly"? Do you mean words that can be heard with the physical ear, or words one hears clearly in the mind which, though the voice is clear to the hearer is nonetheless one no one else can physically hear? I.e., is the problem you have with the hearing of God's voice in words in any respect, or are you in philosophic disbelief that an incorporeal entity can cause vibrations in the human inner ear via sound waves?

drutland
Apr 20th 2009, 12:13 PM
I have had an experience that I truly beleive was from God. I belong to a small Church but was visiting my sister out of town and we went to her Church. A mega Church with several thousand people there. We where standing singing along with a praise band. I was not singing. I was not even listening very well. I was caught up in my own head with my problems and worries on my mind. One of the lyrics in the song went "Do not be afraid" When that was sung I experienced the presence of God. He said that in my head at the same time as the vocalist on the stage said the words. However, I got more than an audible worded message. At the same time it was like my emotions connected with his and I could feel his emotion, his heart, along with hearing the words. I could feel his love for me and his positive, upbeat, befriending, uplifting, joyous, encouraging spirit communing with mine. It was an amazing experience that was both awe inspiring and humbling but at the same time not frightening at all.
I looked around to see if others had heard/felt the same thing but no they all where just singing along with nothing unusual about them.
I have spoken with a lady who had a near death experience some years later and she had the exact same perception of Christ.
Love,
Dave

divaD
Apr 20th 2009, 01:30 PM
How do you define "audibly"? Do you mean words that can be heard with the physical ear, or words one hears clearly in the mind which, though the voice is clear to the hearer is nonetheless one no one else can physically hear? I.e., is the problem you have with the hearing of God's voice in words in any respect, or are you in philosophic disbelief that an incorporeal entity can cause vibrations in the human inner ear via sound waves?

Matthew 17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

This is how I might define audibly. Clearly this voice wasn't merely in the heads of those that heard it. This was the Father audibly speaking. This is what I mean by hearing God audibly. I still don't believe anyone today hears God speak to them in a manner such as this, even tho some do claim to hear God speaking in a manner such as this.

theBelovedDisciple
Apr 20th 2009, 04:50 PM
Matthew 17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

This is how I might define audibly. Clearly this voice wasn't merely in the heads of those that heard it. This was the Father audibly speaking. This is what I mean by hearing God audibly. I still don't believe anyone today hears God speak to them in a manner such as this, even tho some do claim to hear God speaking in a manner such as this.

I'm sorry for your unbelief in this area.. but HE STILL DOES... He has not changed...

I dont really know if there is anything that would really change your mind or opinion on this.. other than God directly speaking to you..

God Spoke in the Past and He still does Today... and He will speak in the Future...... He has not changed... and does not change..

and the 'voice' I heard was not of satan.. for I also know the voice of the accuser of the brethern.... and this voice was not in my head...

It was "HIM".... God Manifest in the flesh, Jesus the Christ..

your proclamaion of your unbelief in this area.. will not and wont change what happened to me.. It will not change my belief in that area.. for to do so.. would be to deny Him and what He's done for me.. and I will not do that..........

for i KNOW His Voice... a strangers voice I will NOT follow and will flee from...

-SEEKING-
Apr 20th 2009, 05:20 PM
I think He did. Once.

divaD
Apr 20th 2009, 06:24 PM
your proclamaion of your unbelief in this area.. will not and wont change what happened to me.. It will not change my belief
in that area.. for to do so.. would be to deny Him and what He's done for me.. and I will not do that..........

Why would my unbelief in this area have anything whatsoever to do with your belief in God or what you experienced? I have never heard God's audible voice, never witnessed a miracle, never witnessed a healing...yet it absolutely has no affect on what I believe about the Bible. I don't need to witness all those things in order to determine what is written in the Bible to be true. I rely solely on faith. If God said it in His Word, then I believe it, even if I can't prove it. I'm sorry that many don't like it, but I simply believe all the signs, miracles, wonders etc, that God desired to use to verify that His Son was indeed heaven sent, that His apostles and prophets were truly sent by Him...these have all been fullfilled and recorded in Scripture. The Scripture themselves are the witness to their validity. We don't need anymore signs and wonders from God. They've already been provided in Scriptures. What more proof does one need?

Is it important to you, that you feel God needs to give signs to prove He exists or whatever? If you had not heard the audible voice, would you have thought differently about God? And what about my mother? She is certainly born again. Yet I find it hard to believe that God speaks to her audibly at times. You're simply misinterpreting where I'm coming from. I don't doubt anyone's experiences..I simply have my doubts as to whether these audible voices are actually God's. It makes no sense to me that God audibly speaks to common ppl at times, such as my mother, when there is no record in the Bible that I'm aware of in which God operates in this manner.

Perhaps it is even what VR suggested in another post...perhaps this just doesn't align with my perception of reality. I have no problem admitting this as a possibility. But I do base my perception on reality according to what I see recorded in Scriptures.

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77