PDA

View Full Version : Contending over the body of Moses

Fsbirdhouse
Apr 15th 2009, 04:38 PM
Jude 1:9
Speculating over the fact that Satan and Michael contended over the body of Moses.
If there were no real purpose to this event, why do it? Was Moses to be the first human brought back to life, only to die again in the last days?
I am just wondering if there are others out there that suspect Moses (a type of those who have died in Christ.. perhaps?) and Elijah (A type of those who will rapture not having seen death..perhaps) are to be the two prophets who will be killed in Jerusalem, and remain there in the streets for several days.
I have always had the feeling that both these appeared to Jesus in the garden as 'Living' men, not as spirits. But of course that is only my opinion.

David Taylor
Apr 15th 2009, 09:21 PM
Moses was held so highly esteemed by his people, that had God simply allowed Satan acess to his bones, they would have likely dug them up, sold parts of them off as cherished relics and artifacts; and then started worshipping and adoring Moses bones instead of the Lord Almighty who alone is worthy of worship.

By the Lord preventing the bones of Moses from being post-mortemly tampered with, He prevented them from falling into idolatry because of Moses bones.

MailmanGuy
Apr 15th 2009, 09:43 PM
It is widely assumed that Moses wrote the first five books of the Bible and I agree with the assumption. Common sense will tell us that it could not of been Moses (but perhaps Joshua?) who recorded the things concerning his assumed death and the fact that no one could find the grave site.

I find it interesting that the plagues that will come upon the earth are very similar in nature to those of the plagues that Moses and Elijah (through the power of God) dispersed upon the people. I'm just thinking out loud here but is it possible that Moses never died as it was thought by the people of Israel? After all he later showed up with Elijah at the mount of transfiguration with Jesus. Think of the power that Satan would of commanded over the people of Israel (in the desert) if he could of found the body of Moses and possessed it.

Had not the book of Jude mentioned this confrontation for the body of Moses, I would have been pleased to drop the whole idea, however we know that the Bible demonstrats "progressive revelation" concerning different subjects throughout Scripture, so I couldn't help but ponder the thought.

Anyhow, good question :hmm:

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77