PDA

View Full Version : Discussion The Original Scriptures with a "$10,000 Guarantee"

OkieRob
Apr 16th 2009, 01:20 PM
Oh Man,

Here is a website purporting to have found new manuscripts (The Original Scripture E1). They claim that today's translations are only at the most 25% correct, incuding the KJV.

You are able to buy a copy from them as well. Here is their guarantee:
"If you can find a more accurate translation of the Original Scripture published before this edition, we will give you $10,000!"

I thought this would be the perfect place to discuss this as I know there are many here who are versed in the original languages (not me).

Here is the website: www.theoriginalscriptures.org

Are these newly found manuscripts real and have our Bibles been mistranslated? :huh::dunno:

OkieRob

-SEEKING-
Apr 16th 2009, 01:26 PM
What's the website address?

markedward
Apr 16th 2009, 01:28 PM
Well... you didn't provide a link. So I can't tell what you're talking about. But, if they're only offering $10,000, then they aren't so absolutely sure as they pretend to be. If they were absolutely sure, they'd probably offer way more money than $10,000, because then they would know they'd never have to pay it. From here, $10,000 is a big enough amount for them to be noticed, but it's small enough that if they actually found themselves having to pay it, they could probably afford to do so.

Aside from the fact that they more than likely don't have the "original Scriptures". Besides, I doubt they somehow managed to secure each and every Scriptural manuscript from pre-90 AD. I'd called it a hoax, plain and simple.

OkieRob
Apr 16th 2009, 01:29 PM
What's the website address?

Ooops...sorry, still AM in my part of the world!!

OkieRob :sleeping:

OkieRob
Apr 16th 2009, 01:31 PM
Well... you didn't provide a link. So I can't tell what you're talking about. But, if they're only offering $10,000, then they aren't so absolutely sure as they pretend to be. If they were absolutely sure, they'd probably offer way more money than $10,000, because then they would know they'd never have to pay it. From here, $10,000 is a big enough amount for them to be noticed, but it's small enough that if they actually found themselves having to pay it, they could probably afford to do so.

Aside from the fact that they more than likely don't have the "original Scriptures". Besides, I doubt they somehow managed to secure each and every Scriptural manuscript from pre-90 AD. I'd called it a hoax, plain and simple.

Sorry 'bout that....I added the link!!

OkieRob

-SEEKING-
Apr 16th 2009, 01:53 PM
sorry, still AM in my part of the world

Mine too. You know any organization that uses Yahoo as it's email domain raises a bunch of questions right there. And try clicking on the links. They're almost all bad links.

HisLeast
Apr 16th 2009, 01:55 PM
I'm finding it very hard to read the site. Perhaps its a personal bias, but I'm apt to distrust the academic fortitude of any set of scholars who can't (1) write an executive summary (2) can't present something coherently and (3) require pages and pages and pages of text constantly flipping between bold and non-bold text.

And then there's the about page...
"The ORIGINAL SCRIPTURES was founded by The Covenant-Family of YAHUWAH in 2005 and is located in Ur, YAraq, The Himalaya Mountains, and in Claremore, Oklahoma, USA.The western publishers are EliYAH and Malqushe, Box 1976, Claremore, Oklahoma 74018, USA. The main center of translation is safely hidden in the Himalaya Mountains, with 77 Primary Scholars along with many very valuable ancient original manuscripts, including the New Testament books (except The Revelation of YAHUWAH The MeshiYAach) in AbrAHUW, Ebrew and some Greek dating before 90 AD!"

Notice the following:
- "The Original Scriptures" is a brand name founded in 2005.
- The Himalaya Mountains is listed as a specific location, even though its very general. I'm suspicious this is listed simply to make the site sound more mystical.

But by far my biggest question: Why is the location of the translation center and the names of their scholars a secret?

-SEEKING-
Apr 16th 2009, 02:05 PM
Looks like the website's been taken down already.

I get the feeling we've been intentionally misled.

divaD
Apr 16th 2009, 02:07 PM
They claim that today's translations are only at the most 25% correct, incuding the KJV.

This probably explains why I'm wrong 75% of the time. LOL

OkieRob
Apr 16th 2009, 02:10 PM
This probably explains why I'm wrong 75% of the time. LOL

LOL!!! No doubt!!

The link works fine for me. I agree that this doesn't appear to be a scholarly endeavor. It does, however, seem that it will make for some excellent conversation - and would be a great learning experience through discussion....

OkieRob

cajunman4life
Apr 16th 2009, 02:46 PM
I find it funny the image they chose for the website is a credit card being given to a hand coming out of a monitor...

You have to "buy" their scriptures...

Matthew 10:8 (paraphrased) "...freely ye have received, freely give."

I know that's not entirely practical in today's day and age, but still.

David Taylor
Apr 16th 2009, 03:13 PM
Are these newly found manuscripts real and have our Bibles been mistranslated? :huh::dunno:

OkieRob

Pure snake-oil....the work of wicked charlatans trying to spin a buck from the gullible and naive.

Come on, with an about line like this:
"The ORIGINAL SCRIPTURES was founded by The Covenant-Family of YAHUWAH in 2005 and is located in Ur, YAraq, The Himalaya Mountains, and in Claremore, Oklahoma, USA.The western publishers are EliYAH and Malqushe, Box 1976, Claremore, Oklahoma 74018, USA. The main center of translation is safely hidden in the Himalaya Mountains"

how could anyone with half an ounce of discernment buy into this baloney?

The entire premise the put forward that 75% of the Scriptures we currently have, were not divinely inspired, or divinely preserved tells any faithful Christian immediately, that this group is a bunch of misguided quacks out to deceive whomever they can. That they are charging money to do so, is simply a horrendous fraud and travesty.

mcgyver
Apr 16th 2009, 03:24 PM
Pure snake-oil....the work of wicked charlatans trying to spin a buck from the gullible and naive.

"The ORIGINAL SCRIPTURES was founded by The Covenant-Family of YAHUWAH in 2005 and is located in Ur, YAraq, The Himalaya Mountains, and in Claremore, Oklahoma, USA.The western publishers are EliYAH and Malqushe, Box 1976, Claremore, Oklahoma 74018, USA. The main center of translation is safely hidden in the Himalaya Mountains"

The entire premise the put forward that 75% of the Scriptures we currently have, were not divinely inspired, or divinely preserved tells any faithful Christian immediately, that this group is a bunch of misguided quacks out to deceive whomever they can. That they are charging money to do so, is simply a horrendous fraud and travesty.

I agree fully...after looking as this website I've got to tell you...This is nothing more than "Sacred Name" theology backed up by some of the most outrageous perversions and prevarications of scriptural translation that I have seen recently.

Now...with over 5,000 early Greek manuscripts and some 20,000 manuscripts in Latin and other languages....with all the quotations of the Ante-Nicene fathers that we still have...as well as extant letters from early Christian Apologists...In light of the fact that (realistically) textual criticism affects about one word in a thousand...and that there is a remarkable degree of agreement between all these varied and various texts (on the order of the 98th percentile across the board)...

I think that it is safe to say two things here:

1. That the Christian may approach his bible with confidence.

2. That these folks are selling "monkey-milk and snake-oil" to the unsuspecting.

OkieRob
Apr 16th 2009, 03:40 PM

I don't understand how they will even be able to sell a single copy of this hoax book. What makes me wonder is WHO would buy a copy?

mcgyver
Apr 16th 2009, 04:10 PM
I hear ya...but you'd be surprised how many people want "some new thing"...:P

moonglow
Apr 16th 2009, 04:15 PM
from the site:

and substitute in his name "James" into the King James Bible! You probably thought, like I was taught even in graduate school, that James was really a disciple of Christ and NT author 1970 years ago, not a ego-inflated tyrant English King 390 years ago who joined a long list of religious merchant-power brokers who think their "translation lies" are better than God's Holy Original Word! They all belong in Hell with all their fellow liars and thieves! What arrogance to pretent to love Christ but to really believe you can change God's Word to yours!

He was taught that King James was the disciple James in the bible? Surely he can't be serious! I have never ever heard of such a thing. Never heard anyone thinking the disciple Jame wrote the NT...that doesn't even make sense when those chapters are named BY their authors in many cases...or within the scriptures we read who the author is...

Most primary scholars will tell you "there are no true 'Original Scriptures' remaining that we know of." That was true seven years ago, but no longer! There are 7,000 "Near Original Scriptures" in Ebrew (Aramaic), Syriac, Coptic and Greek which are mostly trustworthy and basically agree. However, in late 2002, Restoration Believer's in The East found a 1970 year old library of true "Original Scriptures" carefully prepared for us about 70-80 AD and sealed in tight clay jars (much like the Qumran Scrolls) which date from the time of the fall of Jerusalem (70 AD)! We are presently studing and translating these in ernest in a secure location in the East. Among these, Restoration scholars have found and carbon dated 7 AbrAHUW or Ebrew (Aramaic) "Original Scriptures New Testament papyri" (excluding Revelations) which come from the lifetime of the Apostles and our Savior YAHUWshua the King (ChristUW) and are in 100% perfect agreement with each other!

I think this would have been all over the news finding more scrolls. Besides the Dead Sea scrolls which contain the OT, show the OT in our bible is accurate.

Sadly some will believe this and buy it.

God bless

cajunman4life
Apr 16th 2009, 04:28 PM
I also find it interesting to think that there are people who would readily buy into this with no real proof.

But yet we have the Bible. The book of Daniel alone can almost serve as proof to its' authenticity... look at how accurate his prophesies were.

And yet, there are those who will believe this guy, and throw aside thousands of years of belief. I'll never stop being amazed at "man" :confused

markedward
Apr 16th 2009, 04:32 PM
He was taught that King James was the disciple James in the bible? Surely he can't be serious! I have never ever heard of such a thing. Never heard anyone thinking the disciple Jame wrote the NT...that doesn't even make sense when those chapters are named BY their authors in many cases...or within the scriptures we read who the author is...I think he's basing it on the fact that "James" isn't an actual Hebrew name (and, hence, that it can't be the name of some Jewish guys mentioned in the New Testament).

He's likely assuming that King James removed the original names and replaced them with his own. I'd say this rests on the writer's ignorance that "James" is just a corrupted transliteration of "Jacob".

[James ← Iacomus ← Iacobos ← Yaakov → Jacob]
[James = Jacob]

markedward
Apr 16th 2009, 04:39 PM
The WhoIs database says that this website's owner, "RaphAH BethYAH", owns a number of other websites as well.

The good news is, "The Original Scriptures" is currently in it's renewal period, so if anyone wants to buy it out, it's perfectly leeegaaal.

-SEEKING-
Apr 16th 2009, 05:25 PM
I'd be careful with that website. My computer's been acting odd since I clicked on that darn link.

mcgyver
Apr 16th 2009, 06:04 PM
The WhoIs database says that this website's owner, "RaphAH BethYAH", owns a number of other websites as well.

The good news is, "The Original Scriptures" is currently in it's renewal period, so if anyone wants to buy it out, it's perfectly leeegaaal.

Would we have to use Himalayan or Chaldean scrip? :P

markedward
Apr 16th 2009, 06:11 PM
Well, WhoIs says the owner lives in Oklahoma... so I'd say USD.

OkieRob
Apr 16th 2009, 06:42 PM
Well, WhoIs says the owner lives in Oklahoma... so I'd say USD.

Claremore, Oklahoma is up very close to Tulsa. Lots of ministries are based out of there (obviously some good and some bad).

Emanate
Apr 17th 2009, 02:17 PM
I find it funny the image they chose for the website is a credit card being given to a hand coming out of a monitor...

You have to "buy" their scriptures...

Matthew 10:8 (paraphrased) "...freely ye have received, freely give."

I know that's not entirely practical in today's day and age, but still.

Most bibles are bought and sold in the market place. There is no such thing as a free bible. Somebody somewhere paid for it.

cajunman4life
Apr 17th 2009, 03:27 PM
Most bibles are bought and sold in the market place. There is no such thing as a free bible. Somebody somewhere paid for it.

True, somebody somewhere paid for it (in money or blood), but for the "end user" it's fairly easy to get a free bible these days. There are websites abound.

OkieRob
Apr 17th 2009, 05:05 PM
True, somebody somewhere paid for it (in money or blood), but for the "end user" it's fairly easy to get a free bible these days. There are websites abound.

And if these guys have been blessed as the only ones with the accurate version, they would have an obvious mandate to distribute God's accurate word quickly!!! Freely you have received; freely give.:bible::bible::bible::bible::bible::bible::bi ble:

HisLeast
Apr 17th 2009, 05:23 PM
But how will they pay for their secret lair in the Himalayan mountains?

tango
Apr 17th 2009, 05:51 PM
Perhaps their version of the Scripture omits the bit about God providing?

If Matthew 6:25-34 is part of the "inaccurate 75%" who knows how much they have spent to protect themselves.

Best hope for their sakes that Rev 6:16 is wrong too ;)

apothanein kerdos
Apr 17th 2009, 08:58 PM
They're based in the US...so unless there's some small print somewhere, I'm about to make $10,000.

Sweet action.

tango
Apr 17th 2009, 09:03 PM
They're based in the US...so unless there's some small print somewhere, I'm about to make $10,000.

Sweet action.

Doubtful, the promise of $10,000 is probably in the part that's mistranslated ;)

OkieRob
Apr 19th 2009, 07:18 AM
Doubtful, the promise of $10,000 is probably in the part that's mistranslated ;)

Oh my, I have to let you know that WAS GREAT!!! I just busted out laughing so hard!!! Thank you for that! So funny! :rofl:

God Bless,

OkieRob

AngelNSC
May 7th 2010, 12:33 AM
Well now I guess I am confused too...I went to their site and some of it makes some sense if you read it all top to bottom...would some of you look at the website and give more feed back about it, what if we dont have all of the Bible we need???? confused and wondering??

HisLeast
May 7th 2010, 12:50 AM
Well now I guess I am confused too...I went to their site and some of it makes some sense if you read it all top to bottom...would some of you look at the website and give more feed back about it, what if we dont have all of the Bible we need???? confused and wondering??

Gnosticism always starts by suggesting that there's a supersecret version of the faith that was either unknown until now, or suppressed by the church. There are many, MANY signs on this website that speak to the author's lack of credibility. Consider:
- These people are "expert" researchers and scholars, yet somehow have never heard of the concept of an executive summary. When you see pages and pages and pages and pages and pages and pages of text with no interruption, you're dealing with someone who's either ranting in paranoia, or is not a formal scholar at all.
- Click on the About page and read this ""The ORIGINAL SCRIPTURES was founded by The Covenant-Family of YAHUWAH in 2005 and is located in Ur, YAraq, The Himalaya Mountains, and in Claremore, Oklahoma, USA.The western publishers are EliYAH and Malqushe, Box 1976, Claremore, Oklahoma 74018, USA. The main center of translation is safely hidden in the Himalaya Mountains, with 77 Primary Scholars along with many very valuable ancient original manuscripts, including the New Testament books (except The Revelation of YAHUWAH The MeshiYAach) in AbrAHUW, Ebrew and some Greek dating before 90 AD!"
- If these people are academically credible, then why is the main "center of translation" in a secret location?
- Why is that location in (of all places) the Himalaya mountains? (Hint: Its to make it sound more mysterious).
- Did you notice that "The Original Scriptures" is a brand name, not a simple adjective?
- Who are these 77 (seventy seven!!!) scholars? I'd be lucky if I could find the names of 20 biblical linguistics experts in a week of researching... but these people claim to have almost 4 times that many cloistered away in a secret location and nobody seems to notice they're missing.
- Why so specific about exactly 77 bible scholars? To make it sound more mysterious, and it's likely 777 would be way over the top. ;)

Why should we consider these people credible? Especially when there's no way to verify their credentials?

Firefighter
May 7th 2010, 12:55 AM
You ought to read how to receive "TRUE (tm) Salvation" :rofl:

Apparently, we need to quit using the standard names for the days of the week and months and revert back to Hebrew...

I am not real sure whether to laugh or cry.

-SEEKING-
May 7th 2010, 03:08 AM
Why in the world would anyone dig up this old thread?

RabbiKnife
May 7th 2010, 12:14 PM
Who knows?

But if you are in Claremore to visit HQ, you gotta get come 'cue at Cotton Eyed Joes...It's pretty good, especially after 18 a Heritage Hills golf course, but if the wind is from the southwest (which it is 80% of the time) to need a three wood for the par 3s...

HisLeast
May 7th 2010, 01:10 PM
Why in the world would anyone dig up this old thread?

Probably came up as part of a search that wasn't sorted by date and the poster didn't realize. I've almost made the same mistake on a couple of occassions.

Firefighter
May 7th 2010, 01:27 PM
Prayer to be saved...

I believe that You, YAHUWAH my Savior as the sinless YAHUWshua Son of God, died for my sins, and that You, YAHUWAH the Father, raised Him from the dead and that You are now alive in Heaven! I ask that You immerse me with Yourself YAHUWAH Holy Spirit! I call upon You, "YAHUUU-AH, YAHUUU-AH, YAHUUU-AH, YAHUUU-AH, YAHUUU-AH, YAHUUU-AH (Sabbaoth Sealing or the "7 times sealing of your faith") YAHUUU-AH! I recieve your forgiveness for all my sins! I recieve your Holy Spirit now filling my heart, mind and body! Thank you YAHUWAH for giving me Your Spirit and Eternal Life! In the precious eternal Holy Name of YAHUWAH my God and Savior, AHmen.”

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

HisLeast
May 7th 2010, 01:35 PM
It seems to me one can make any gnostic theology instantly credible simply by adopting unconventional spellings.

Firefighter
May 7th 2010, 01:38 PM
Well if it doesn't sound Super Spiritual (TM) how on earth will people believe it?

RabbiKnife
May 7th 2010, 01:50 PM
Every time I read that I think of the "dive alarm" on a WWII submarine.

Firefighter
May 7th 2010, 01:54 PM
It must be one seal for each of the 7 spirits of the Holy Spirit... :B

HisLeast
May 7th 2010, 08:42 PM
Well if it doesn't sound Super Spiritual (TM) how on earth will people believe it?

They'll believe by abiding in it.
(am I doing it right?)

The Mighty Sword
May 7th 2010, 08:52 PM
King James is going to be very upset upon hearing this new found information.

ab burke
May 16th 2011, 05:34 PM
Assuming you all are Christians I must say I am very ashamed. It seems that because these folks claiming to have found more accurate scriptures are not on TV being broadcast across the globe and do not conduct themselves in the way of "worldly" scholars that they are to be immediately dismissed. I have no idea if these folks are truth tellers or liars frankly but whatever happened to investigation, searching a matter out and testing all spirits? Because your local pastor, church or TV evangelist have not placed their seal of approval on this web site or translation it is to be scorned and ridiculed along with the claimants? I do not envy you.
Incidentally, if you all did thirst and hunger for His Word, you would search a matter out and realize that "Jesus" does in fact mean "Son of Zeus" and last time I checked Zeus was not the Creator. If there is power in His name, if we are to ask in HIS name then we better know what it is!

-SEEKING-
May 16th 2011, 05:36 PM
Sorry but I think the $10,000 is no longer available.

This was started over 2 years ago.

Son of Zues huh. Very amusing.

shepherdsword
May 16th 2011, 10:17 PM
Assuming you all are Christians I must say I am very ashamed. It seems that because these folks claiming to have found more accurate scriptures are not on TV being broadcast across the globe and do not conduct themselves in the way of "worldly" scholars that they are to be immediately dismissed. I have no idea if these folks are truth tellers or liars frankly but whatever happened to investigation, searching a matter out and testing all spirits? Because your local pastor, church or TV evangelist have not placed their seal of approval on this web site or translation it is to be scorned and ridiculed along with the claimants? I do not envy you.
Incidentally, if you all did thirst and hunger for His Word, you would search a matter out and realize that "Jesus" does in fact mean "Son of Zeus" and last time I checked Zeus was not the Creator. If there is power in His name, if we are to ask in HIS name then we better know what it is!

I tried to examine this when it was first posted a few years ago but I had a hard time getting past all the typos of this "multiple degree Ph.D. :o

Jesus is just the english translation of the name "Yeshua" which means that "God(YHWH)is salvation"...it doesn't mean "son of zeus"

keck553
May 16th 2011, 10:39 PM
I tried to examine this when it was first posted a few years ago but I had a hard time getting past all the typos of this "multiple degree Ph.D. :o

Jesus is just the english translation of the name "Yeshua" which means that "God(YHWH)is salvation"...it doesn't mean "son of zeus"

zeus. LOL. One only has to check out the Septuagint for the Greek rendition of Joshua's name to understand the transliteration Iesous is an accurate Greek rendition of Yehoshua/Yeshua.

delmontes
Mar 6th 2014, 03:54 AM
My observations on the originalscriptures book:

The Originalscriptures discredits the Bible and deflects Yahuwah’s gravest warning in the Bible—Revelation 13:16-18; 14:8-11—and redirects it back to the Bible itself. The Bible warns against the Beast (Church), whose number is the number of a man that can be calculated as 666. In contrast the Originalscriptures imply that the villain is the Bible by saying that the villain is the “66 evils”—the 66 books of the Bible.
---
(The number is now being introduced in the UMID or Universal ID card, but later it might be marked on the right hand and on/in the forehead and be offered as a solution to the world’s ills.)
---
Another attack by the Originalscriptures is on the connection of the Son of Yahuwah to the ancient Hebrew pictographs portraying the Son of Yahuwah on the cross in strategic phrases such as “In the beginning,” “covenant,” and “message of the cross.” The Originalscriptures version of 1 Corinthian 1:18 has replaced “cross” with “atonement” and has replaced all other verses containing “cross” with “execution pole,” making the verse almost meaningless.
---
In many different Bible versions (including Originalscriptures) Yahusha Mashiyach and His disciples and apostles kept the lunar Sabbath. Any one who teaches a different Sabbath is following a different god. (John 10:27)]
---
For those who study the Bible diligently, they will find that key verses in the Bible are enough to show who the false accuser is. (Isaiah 8:20)
While there may have been intentional or unintentional modifications to and mistranslations of the ancient Bible manuscripts over the ages, the Bible remains clearly understandable and its messages basically the same among different versions (except Originalscriptures).
---
Please see also
http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/9_emails.html

delmontes
Mar 7th 2014, 03:05 PM
Oh Man,

Here is a website purporting to have found new manuscripts (The Original Scripture E1). They claim that today's translations are only at the most 25% correct, incuding the KJV.

You are able to buy a copy from them as well. Here is their guarantee:
"If you can find a more accurate translation of the Original Scripture published before this edition, we will give you $10,000!"

I thought this would be the perfect place to discuss this as I know there are many here who are versed in the original languages (not me).

Here is the website: www.theoriginalscriptures.org (http://www.theoriginalscriptures.org)

OkieRob

[My observation on the Originalscriptures book:

The Originalscriptures discredits the Bible and deflects Yahuwah’s gravest warning in the Bible—Revelation 13:16-18; 14:8-11—and redirects it back to the Bible itself. The Bible warns against the Beast (Church), whose number is the number of a man that can be calculated as 666. In contrast the Originalscriptures imply that the villain is the Bible by saying that the villain is the “66 evils”—the 66 books of the Bible.

(The number is now being introduced in the UMID or Universal ID card, but later it might be marked on the right hand and on/in the forehead and be offered as a solution to the world’s ills.)

Another attack by the Originalscriptures is on the connection of the Son of Yahuwah to the ancient Hebrew pictographs portraying the Son of Yahuwah on the cross in strategic phrases such as “In the beginning,” “covenant,” and “message of the cross.” The Originalscriptures version of 1 Corinthian 1:18 has replaced “cross” with “atonement” and has replaced all other verses containing “cross” with “execution pole,” making the verse almost meaningless.

In many different Bible versions (including Originalscriptures) Yahusha Mashiyach and His disciples and apostles kept the lunar Sabbath. Any one who teaches a different Sabbath is following a different god. (John 10:27)]

For those who study the Bible diligently, they will find that key verses in the Bible are enough to show who the false accuser is. (Isaiah 8:20)

While there may have been intentional or unintentional modifications to and mistranslations of the ancient Bible manuscripts over the ages, the Bible remains clearly understandable and its messages basically the same among different versions (except Originalscriptures).

See also http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/9_emails.html (http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/9_emails.html)

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77