PDA

View Full Version : Question

compoxx
Apr 17th 2009, 07:20 PM
Can anybody explain why, on many occasions, are some of gods most devoted children set to die in the most horrific ways and too early? There are many people who have lived as god would have wished and carried out his work here on earth. Yet they may be murdered, killed tragically or become mentally unsound. Surely they would still have plenty to give and assisted in spreading gods word here on earth. I know God is an almighty god and could ensure that they lived to a ripe old age and have them carry out his wishes?
This is maybe a naive question and is not meant to sound doubting or negative but it is one that always crops up in my head. Any enlightenment will be greatly recieved.

Thank you.

uric3
Apr 17th 2009, 07:34 PM
Can anybody explain why, on many occasions, are some of gods most devoted children set to die in the most horrific ways and too early? There are many people who have lived as god would have wished and carried out his work here on earth. Yet they may be murdered, killed tragically or become mentally unsound. Surely they would still have plenty to give and assisted in spreading gods word here on earth. I know God is an almighty god and could ensure that they lived to a ripe old age and have them carry out his wishes?
This is maybe a naive question and is not meant to sound doubting or negative but it is one that always crops up in my head. Any enlightenment will be greatly recieved.

Thank you.

I think it goes to show us that we have free will... think if God kept evil people from hurting good people... then we wouldn't have free will... also we as Christians should be happy to suffer shame for his name... thus we should be willing to die if necessary for his name... Acts 5:41

Most people think if you become a Christian it should be smooth sailing and nothing but health and wealth from there on out... I take it a lot of those people have not read the NT or in particular 2nd Cor 11. The life of a Christian isn't always easy... but that suffering we may endure during our life is a drop in the bucket compared to life eternal.

In conclusion I think it goes to show that God allows free will to happen and I am sure its a good method of testing our faith...

keck553
Apr 17th 2009, 07:37 PM
God said sin has consequences. The consequences of disobedience to God affect our families, our neighbors, even strangers, and can weave it's way through generations. If you question that, read about the short cut Abraham and Sarah took to produce Ishmael. His offspring are still suffering from that. God may forgive our sin as a result of our repentance, however the consequences are real and measurable. This is why Jesus said

Joh 5:14 Afterward Jesus *found him in the temple and said to him, "Behold, you have become well; do not sin anymore, so that nothing worse happens to you."

We live in a fallen and decaying world of our own making.

HisLeast
Apr 17th 2009, 07:38 PM
Also... only God's most devoted workers could stand in the face of such calamity and still serve. The expectation is great, and so will be the reward.

THOM
Apr 17th 2009, 08:07 PM

Thank you.

Hello compoxx, I think your questions are great and very sincere and revealing. . .and I really do commend you for your boldness, in voicing them. A lot of us think this stuff, and keep it to ourselves because we don't want to seem anything but g-o-d-l-y mature, when in reality we just, sometimes, don't get it: Like our own children, we have questions that we wrestle with, and regardless of our perceived physical maturity, we are nothing more, in GOD'S SIGHT, than Babies ("[B]for such is THE KINGDOM of Heaven"). . .and we just don't want to seem to our, fronting siblings (who may be older IN CHRIST than we may be; ie: they've been "saved" longer than I have), anything less than what we want them to think (or know about) us to be.

But you have asked a question(s) that we all are wrestling with and/or have wrestled with. . .and I, moreso, than most.

So then...
. . .Let's work backwards:
1) Who died in anymore of a "horrific" manner than JESUS CHRIST?
2) What did HE do to deserve such a "horrific" manner of dying/death?
3) What is the one thing that anyone who believes/believed ON JESUS CHRIST never has to worry/be concerned about?
4) Name one person, you believe to have been IN CHRIST (one of GOD'S "most devoted children"), who expressed to you, that GOD was being unfair with/to them regarding their sufferings?
5) Where were all of GOD'S "most devoted children", when GOD turned HIS back (as it were) on HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON?

Do you remember the first thing out of Job's mouth, when he had lost it all?
"The LORD gave..."; See, GOD never takes anything, anything, anything, away from anybody, that HE didn't FIRST give to them.

Our human mentality is to look what been taken, rather than ALL, ALL, ALL, that HE has FIRST given.

When Shad-rack, Me-Shack, and a Bad-Negro was in the firey furnace, GOD, after joining them there, air-conditioned that sucker!!! So the next time you even begin to entertain the thought that GOD would allow HIS "most devoted children", to, all by themselves, suffer, just remember HE has made the Lions that you and I believe are eating them, into their Pillows. Just ask Daniel!

John146
Apr 17th 2009, 08:28 PM
Can anybody explain why, on many occasions, are some of gods most devoted children set to die in the most horrific ways and too early?For one thing, you should be capitalizing God's name. I believe it is disrespectful to not do so and I think most here would agree. Just letting you know. I don't think you were intentionally being disrespectful. Another thing is that it's not up to us to decide who dies too early. God is in charge of whether to allow someone to die or not. So by saying someone died too early we would be saying God made a mistake. That's not a good idea.

As far as how someone dies. We all die one way or another. Once you're dead, you're dead. Does it really matter how you died at that point? All that's left after that is eternity. So, dying a horrific death is not so horrific compared to suffering for eternity in the lake of fire, which is far more horrific.

There are many people who have lived as god would have wished and carried out his work here on earth. Yet they may be murdered, killed tragically or become mentally unsound. Surely they would still have plenty to give and assisted in spreading gods word here on earth. I know God is an almighty god and could ensure that they lived to a ripe old age and have them carry out his wishes?

Thank you.We don't see the big picture like God does. We just have to trust that there is a good reason for Him to allow people to die in what our eyes perceive to be horrific ways and/or too early.

Isaiah 55
8For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. 9For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

compoxx
Apr 19th 2009, 04:16 PM
God said sin has consequences. The consequences of disobedience to God affect our families, our neighbors, even strangers, and can weave it's way through generations. If you question that, read about the short cut Abraham and Sarah took to produce Ishmael. His offspring are still suffering from that. God may forgive our sin as a result of our repentance, however the consequences are real and measurable. This is why Jesus said

Joh 5:14 Afterward Jesus *found him in the temple and said to him, "Behold, you have become well; do not sin anymore, so that nothing worse happens to you."

We live in a fallen and decaying world of our own making.

Also... only God's most devoted workers could stand in the face of such calamity and still serve. The expectation is great, and so will be the reward.

Hello compoxx, I think your questions are great and very sincere and revealing. . .and I really do commend you for your boldness, in voicing them. A lot of us think this stuff, and keep it to ourselves because we don't want to seem anything but g-o-d-l-y mature, when in reality we just, sometimes, don't get it: Like our own children, we have questions that we wrestle with, and regardless of our perceived physical maturity, we are nothing more, in GOD'S SIGHT, than Babies ("[B]for such is THE KINGDOM of Heaven"). . .and we just don't want to seem to our, fronting siblings (who may be older IN CHRIST than we may be; ie: they've been "saved" longer than I have), anything less than what we want them to think (or know about) us to be.

But you have asked a question(s) that we all are wrestling with and/or have wrestled with. . .and I, moreso, than most.

So then...
. . .Let's work backwards:
1) Who died in anymore of a "horrific" manner than JESUS CHRIST?
2) What did HE do to deserve such a "horrific" manner of dying/death?
3) What is the one thing that anyone who believes/believed ON JESUS CHRIST never has to worry/be concerned about?
4) Name one person, you believe to have been IN CHRIST (one of GOD'S "most devoted children"), who expressed to you, that GOD was being unfair with/to them regarding their sufferings?
5) Where were all of GOD'S "most devoted children", when GOD turned HIS back (as it were) on HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON?

Do you remember the first thing out of Job's mouth, when he had lost it all?
"The LORD gave..."; See, GOD never takes anything, anything, anything, away from anybody, that HE didn't FIRST give to them.

Our human mentality is to look what been taken, rather than ALL, ALL, ALL, that HE has FIRST given.

When Shad-rack, Me-Shack, and a Bad-Negro was in the firey furnace, GOD, after joining them there, air-conditioned that sucker!!! So the next time you even begin to entertain the thought that GOD would allow HIS "most devoted children", to, all by themselves, suffer, just remember HE has made the Lions that you and I believe are eating them, into their Pillows. Just ask Daniel!

For one thing, you should be capitalizing God's name. I believe it is disrespectful to not do so and I think most here would agree. Just letting you know. I don't think you were intentionally being disrespectful. Another thing is that it's not up to us to decide who dies too early. God is in charge of whether to allow someone to die or not. So by saying someone died too early we would be saying God made a mistake. That's not a good idea.

As far as how someone dies. We all die one way or another. Once you're dead, you're dead. Does it really matter how you died at that point? All that's left after that is eternity. So, dying a horrific death is not so horrific compared to suffering for eternity in the lake of fire, which is far more horrific.

We don't see the big picture like God does. We just have to trust that there is a good reason for Him to allow people to die in what our eyes perceive to be horrific ways and/or too early.

Isaiah 55
8For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. 9For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Hi All,
Thanks for the replies. Yes you all did open my eyes wider to appreciate the bigger picture. Yes I see how God always gives us free will to do things and I understand that this goes both ways for the good and for the bad. I have always thought that we can get from point A to point B and to some extend we can choose our paths to get there. I believe God knows where he wants us to be it is our choice (free will) how we get there. The devil in the meantime has his own plan and can throw you off the road and up a different path altogether. So i really do understand what you were saying Uric.

I did not appreciate or link the suffering of Christ to the suffering of his disciples today. I think you are right Thom in pointing that out. There really is nothing htat can compare the suffering of Christ for us. I think my angle really was the way in which we die but this really does pale in comparison with Christ. Although I didnt like the "bad negro" reference.

Keck, I found the generational curse topic very interesting and shall look this up some more. I actually do believe in this but would like to know more about it and also the effects of other people placing a curse on a person and how this ties in with asking Gods help, but thats a whole different topic in itself!

Thanks for the enlightenment. ...oh by the way, I take the point of capitalizing Gods name.

Thanks and God bless.

THOM
Apr 23rd 2009, 06:46 PM
Although I didnt like the "bad negro" reference.

Please accept my apology for offending you, but I assure you I meant no disrespect to anyone here. . .I guess I forgot that I don't have a picture of me in my profile:

http://bibleforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=5101&stc=1&d=1240512107
:DTHOM:eek:

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77