PDA

View Full Version : God's judgment in the "wheels" of the throne

tomwindsor
Apr 19th 2009, 01:36 AM
Greetings ,

Here is what I believe is a foundational starting point in understanding the so called "Ezekiels wheels"
(Quotes from a writing of mine )

God allowed glimpses of his glorious throne with wheels and when this happened, it was a sign that God was about to do something very significant in the history of his people. Ezekiel's vision contains some of the sternest words God ever voiced to Israel and also contains an appeal for repentance. Yet, out of grace He did not leave them abandoned and He offered them promises of restoration in the latter chapters of Ezekiel. God's Spirit entered the prophet and empowered him to proclaim His Word. (v. 22)
In the first eight chapters the prophet speaks words of warning as the Lord pleads and admonishes his people, seemingly to no avail. In the ninth and tenth chapters we read of a further vision of this throne which adds to the understanding of the wheels.
"2He spoke to the man clothed in linen, and said, Go in between the whirling wheels, even under the cherub, and fill both your hands with coals of fire from between the cherubim, and scatter them over the city."
The Glory departs and Judgment comes: The Lord by His Spirit had exposed the hearts of these leaders of men (Ezek. 8:6,12) the "princes of the sanctuary." At the holiest place in God's sanctuary was an image that provoked jealousy, an abomination that brought a desolation to God's house. (v. 5). In all the passages in Ezekiel we have a great contrast between God's holiness and pure glory visiting a people steeped in stubbornness and idolatry. Contrast provides clarity, because by the one we can see the other clearer. God "sees" and the record is kept in the heavenly realm and written down. Some are headed to judgment and others are marked off for deliverance and a great separation occurs of those who would receive temporal retribution (chapter 9:3,4). After persistently turning from God and remaining in unbelief, the people reached a point where no remedy was left. God, from his righteous throne, decreed that Jerusalem was to go up in flames and be given over to the sword, as history affirms (chap. 10:2).

The context is one of judgment , spoken towards God's people . Did not these things happen for our warning ? Any thoughts ?

Tom Windsor

markedward
Apr 19th 2009, 03:49 AM
I don't have an answer to your question, but to lend weight to the discussion:

Daniel 7.9-11 As I looked, thrones were placed, and the Ancient of Days took his seat; his clothing was white as snow, and the hair of his head like pure wool; his throne was fiery flames; its wheels were burning fire. A stream of fire issued and came out from before him; a thousand thousands served him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him; the court sat in judgment, and the books were opened. I looked then because of the sound of the great words that the horn was speaking. And as I looked, the beast was killed, and its body destroyed and given over to be burned with fire.

Here we see God's throne. Daniel states that the wheels of the throne "were burning fire" and that "a stream of fire" came out from the throne. Then Daniel says that the [fourth] beast was destroyed and "burned with fire". This does seem to indicate that there is "judgment in the wheels of the throne", as the thread title suggests.

tomwindsor
Apr 19th 2009, 04:10 AM
I don't have an answer to your question, but to lend weight to the discussion:

Daniel 7.9-11 As I looked, thrones were placed, and the Ancient of Days took his seat; his clothing was white as snow, and the hair of his head like pure wool; his throne was fiery flames; its wheels were burning fire. A stream of fire issued and came out from before him; a thousand thousands served him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him; the court sat in judgment, and the books were opened. I looked then because of the sound of the great words that the horn was speaking. And as I looked, the beast was killed, and its body destroyed and given over to be burned with fire.

Here we see God's throne. Daniel states that the wheels of the throne "were burning fire" and that "a stream of fire" came out from the throne. Then Daniel says that the [fourth] beast was destroyed and "burned with fire". This does seem to indicate that there is "judgment in the wheels of the throne", as the thread title suggests.

Greetings ,
Amen , That's part of a similar conclusion I came to .
Also another link : The wheels are beside the cherubim .
The cherubim and the wheels appear to be bound together in a unity. As the cherubim move, rise and stand still, so do the wheels. Practically every characteristic of the two are the same. Both are full of eyes. The fire between the cherubim is between the wheels. The sound of the wings is like the sound of the wheels, described as "like the voice of God Almighty" (v-24).
The cherubim in Rev. 6 also call forth the judgments of God. The cherubim in Gen. 3 threaten fallen Adam with a flaming sword that turns "round and round " (in the Hebrew)
This is vastly different from the popular view of " Ezekiels wheels" as some entertaining fantastic story devoid of the biblical context .

There are many other things related to this , to be posted .
Thanks ,
Tom

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77