PDA

View Full Version : The hate Satan has.

Fsbirdhouse
Apr 19th 2009, 03:04 AM
I've pondered why Satan has such a particular hate for us.
Are we just his way of getting back at God for casting him out of heaven, or were we created with something special in God's purpose that posed a threat to Satan's standing in the heavenly order of things?
It is said we are a little lower than the angels...for a time.
When I consider that Satan's work against us sealed his own doom at the cross (having caused that act of atonement by his leading us to our fall), he seems in a way to be the original suicide bomber on a cosmic scale.
Whatever did he hope to gain for himself?
Was it just a case of killing your child out of hateful spite toward you?

paradiseinn
Apr 19th 2009, 04:07 AM
Well for a start God kicked him and his followers out of Heaven, and we are made in God's image, so that may have something to do with it.

Tomlane
Apr 20th 2009, 12:02 PM
Part of the answer I believe is found in John 3:16 *For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Satan was created evidently without sin but had the choice of sining because Lucifer and a third of the angels did who lusted after God's ruling authority. Consequently they were cast down to the earth at some point before God created man in his own image.

Because of Satan's hate for Christ and his love for mankind, I'm sure that made the father of lies jealous. Therefore Satan wants to rob both Christ and man of his relationship with God. Another fly in the ointment is that God is going to give all of those who choose God on within His will be given the very things Satan wanted. And that is to rule and reign with Christ for eternity. Man was born in sin, yet God's love for mankind, He made provisions so man could escape his sin and have Christ's righteousness. On the other hand Satan was created without sin and in God's presence at all times. That is until a third of them along with Satan sinned and were caste out of heaven. Another striking contrast, at one time the angels were high up on the food chain in God domain and God took man who is at the bottom of the food chain is going to make man as Gods at the top of the food chain. No wonder Satan robs all of those who haven't put their trust in Christ and his word the bible for surely every human creature God has made will be robbed of their inheritance that is in Christ if the are not trusting by faith {God's word}

Tomlane

divaD
Apr 20th 2009, 01:59 PM
Are we just his way of getting back at God for casting him out of heaven

When exactly is it that you think satan was cast out of heaven? Since there is no Biblical evidence indicating it occured before the creation of man, what else might have caused satan to deceive man from the very beginning? That's where I would start. I would try to determine what caused satan to want man destroyed forever.

But anyway, doesn't Genesis 3:15 at least make it somewhat clear as why satan hates us so much?

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Is not enmity hatred? And was it not God who put this hatred between satan and the woman? And wouldn't satan's seed, the children of the devil, be those that are against the woman's seed, the children of God? Did not Israel, the seed of the woman, battle it out with God's enemies, the seed of the devil, throughout the OT? And does not this battle still rage on even today? Aren't there many in this world who hate the seed of the woman. God's children?

Fsbirdhouse
Apr 20th 2009, 08:43 PM
I think it a reasonable conclusion that Satan was cast out of heaven before his attacks on us began. Don't you....really? Else it seems he would still have been in possession of his exalted position there, and the emnity would not have yet started.
If before our creation, who knows? But certainly before our fall.

divaD
Apr 20th 2009, 10:52 PM
and the emnity would not have yet started.

Of course. I agree. It was the fall of man via the serpent..the very reason for the enmity in the first place. This enmity was part of the curse after the fact of man's fall.

Since satan was actually in the garden of Eden when man was there, it would seem unlikely for him to be there while in a prev fallen state. If God kicked man out of the garden for simply disobeying Him, then why would He allow satan in this same garden, if he had already rebelled against Him prior to this, and was already kicked out? Also, if satan was already in a fallen state, why didn't God forewarn Adam and Eve about him?

Fsbirdhouse
Apr 20th 2009, 11:14 PM
For some reason, we see throughout the bible that Satan IS given certain freedoms to tempt us no matter where or how, short of death.
Job being another example.
I think God allowed Satan his chance against us even in the Garden of Eden, and even in his fallen state.
As far as warning Adam and Eve, He did warn then about eating the fruit.
What else needed they to know?
We seemed alway to be the TEST case between God and the rebel.
How did we deserve this in our innocence?
God will explain someday.
I think the reward will be fitting.

divaD
Apr 21st 2009, 01:04 AM
We seemed alway to be the TEST case between God and the rebel.
How did we deserve this in our innocence?

Good question.

Genesis 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Notice how angry the Lord God is with the serpent. Since you also mentioned Job, can you provide any Scriptures that shows that God was angry with satan, as in the same manner He was with him here in Genesis 3? The Scriptures do seem to indicate that satan was allowed by God to do what he did in the book of Job. But here, in Genesis 3, it doesn't seem to be that way. God was clearly angry with him here. If God wanted him to do this, then why was He so angry with him over it? And on top of that, why did He curse him for it?

Fsbirdhouse
Apr 21st 2009, 01:44 AM
divaD
Well, in any case we know God wasn't caught off guard by the things Satan does. He SEEMED angry at Satan's effrontery by his attack on His newest creation, but he'd known Satan's work before ever he was created. Why it had to be so is a question God will someday answer in the greatest clarity.
I think in the case of Job, Satan was laying down a bet, so-to-speak. He was testing God thru his servant.
Everything, and I mean everything was on the line in the garden, and God allowed it.
I think Satan at first thought he had won a great victory thru our fall, but in fact heard his own doom proclaimed.

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77