PDA

View Full Version : John 1:18

A820djd
Apr 21st 2009, 04:19 PM
"8No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known."

and in Genesis it describes God physically walking through the garden of Eden?

"Genesis 3:8-9 - Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden at the time of the evening breeze, and they hid themselves from the LORD God among the trees of the garden. 9 So the LORD God called out to the man and said to him, "Where are you?""

-SEEKING-
Apr 21st 2009, 04:31 PM
Excellent scripture. This was the first book I read in the bible. Thanks for sharing.

Walstib
Apr 21st 2009, 05:30 PM
Maybe it was Jesus? Jesus is God. :)

A Psalm of David. The LORD says to my Lord: "Sit at My right hand Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet." The LORD will stretch forth Your strong scepter from Zion, saying, "Rule in the midst of Your enemies." Your people will volunteer freely in the day of Your power; In holy array, from the womb of the dawn, Your youth are to You as the dew. The LORD has sworn and will not change His mind, "You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek." The Lord is at Your right hand; He will shatter kings in the day of His wrath. He will judge among the nations, He will fill them with corpses, He will shatter the chief men over a broad country. He will drink from the brook by the wayside; Therefore He will lift up His head. (Psa 110:1-7 NASB)

NotMyOwn
Apr 21st 2009, 06:21 PM
We don't know to what extent that Adam and Eve saw God. Just as in Moses case, he didn't actually see God face to face.

Butch5
Apr 22nd 2009, 01:35 AM
"8No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known."

"Genesis 3:8-9 - Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden at the time of the evening breeze, and they hid themselves from the LORD God among the trees of the garden. 9 So the LORD God called out to the man and said to him, "Where are you?""

Jesus appeared several times in the OT, most likely it was Jesus walking in the garden, Jesus is God.

Bladers
Apr 22nd 2009, 03:13 AM
Jesus appeared several times in the OT, most likely it was Jesus walking in the garden, Jesus is God.

WRONG, The Father is seperate from Jesus and Jesus is seperate from the Father. Jesus himself testified that the Father has a shape.

Moses saw the back side of God not his Face... Jesus came to declare God's face not his body. Humans declare God's body, but Jesus is the expressed image of God. He is not expressing the Body but the Face. Jesus told his disciples, if you have seen me, you have seen the father. He is talking about His face, no his body.

How do you tell a person? by their Face. If i had a twin, if you saw me, you have seen my twin.

No one has seen God, to See God is to see His Face.

Equipped_4_Love
Apr 22nd 2009, 03:25 AM
WRONG, The Father is seperate from Jesus and Jesus is seperate from the Father. Jesus himself testified that the Father has a shape.

Moses saw the back side of God not his Face... Jesus came to declare God's face not his body. Humans declare God's body, but Jesus is the expressed image of God. He is not expressing the Body but the Face. Jesus told his disciples, if you have seen me, you have seen the father. He is talking about His face, no his body.

How do you tell a person? by their Face. If i had a twin, if you saw me, you have seen my twin.

No one has seen God, to See God is to see His Face.

Bladers -- How does this post disprove what Butch said?!

Why couldn't it have been Jesus walking in the Garden?

crossnote
Apr 23rd 2009, 05:56 AM

I don't think we see any physicalness of God in the Garden. We see that Adam and Eve 'heard' His voice. God's voice was also heard at Jesus' Baptism and at Christ's transfiguration but no 'form' was seen. They hid from His voice because of course of their guilty conscience.

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77