PDA

View Full Version : Discussion What is the Messiah's true Name according to Holy Scriptures?

Eliyah
Apr 22nd 2009, 04:19 AM
Note: the capitols are for you to especially notice, the CAPITOLS are not expressing my emotions so please remember this.

Luke wrote of Messiah: " And beginning at Moses and ALL THE PROPHETS, He( Messiah) expounded( explained) unto them( His desciples) in ALL THE SCRIPTURES the things concerning Himself.( Luke 24:27) See also Luke 24:44 of Messiah Himself speaking this.

Question: What ALL THE SCRIPTURES and what ALL THE PROPHETS were the Apostles using and teaching from? Answer: See 2 Timothy3:14-17. That was the only SCRIPTURES extant to them.

Peter in his first sermon in ACTS 2:21 quoted verbatim from the Prophet Joel 2:32 which says " And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call upon the name of YHWH- ie YAHWEH( Remember, that the English versions use capitol LORD in substitute for YHWH) SHALL BE SAVED.

Note that Paul said the same as Peter, and he also quoted verbatim from the Prophet Joel 2:32, in Romans 10:13.

Peter again speaking of Messiah said: " Neither is there salvation in any other( name or person): for there is none other name under heaven given among men, WHEREBY WE MUST BE SAVED.( Acts 4:12).

Can there be TWO names in singular form( Acts 2:21) and another in Acts 4:10-12 to receive salvation, or to be saved?
There cannot be, these two texts contradict, however, when you understand that Peter understood the Messiah to be YAHWEH SAVIOR, this makes the two texts harmonize.

Now please notice this carefully what Peter said of the real Messiah in ALL THE PROPHETS: " To HIM( The Messiah)GIVE ALL THE PROPHETS WITNESS( or testimony), that through HIS NAME whosoever believes in Him shall receive remission of sins.( Acts 10:43).

What Is The Name Of The Person, that in all of the Scriptures and all of the Prophets that give testimony or witness of as the Savior ?

What was the name of the Person that John The Baptist came proclaiming?

Note what Messiah Himself said of John The Baptist, " But what went you out for to see? A PROPHET? Yes, I say unto you, and more than a prophet. For this is he( John the Baptist), of whom it is written( in scriptures- See Mal.3:1). Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee( The Messiah) See Matt.11:9-10; Luke 7:26-27.

Also compare Matt.17:10-13 with the PROPHET Mal.3:1. concerning John the Baptist coming in the spirit and power of Eliyah the Prophet, to prepare the way before the Messiah. The PROPHET MAL.4.5 gives witness and testimony of the name of YHWH- ie YAHWEH( under capitol LORD in the English versions).

Now, John the Baptist said: " I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of YHWH- ie YAHWEH( The Name of Yahweh is substituted with LORD in the English versions), as saidISAIAH THE PROPHET.( See John 1:23; Luke 3:4; Mark 1:3; Matt.3:3).

John The Baptist quoted directly from THE PROPHET ISAIAH 40:3, where Isaiah said, " Prepare ye the way of YHWH-ie YAHWEH( The English substitutes capitol LORD for YAHWEH).

Even the angel Gabriel will bare witness and testimony to this fact of scripture, the same as Peter said in Acts 10:43, that John the Baptist would proclaim the Messiah's Name as YAHWEH THE SAVIOR, in Luke 1:26; 1:70-76.

Who and what is the NAME of the SAVIOR according to the scriptures of Isaiah the Prophet?
See Isaiah 45:17; Isaiah.45:21 of YHWH- ie YAHWEH, under the capitol LORD. Compare see center reference Margin of K.J.V. of Matt. 1:21 " shall call His Name The SAVIOR, for He will SAVE His people from their sins.

Who and what is the NAME of the REDEEMER? See Isaiah 44:24 of YAHWEH, under capitol LORD.

What is His Name called according to JEREMIAH THE PROPHET? YHWH- ie YAHWEH OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. See Jeremiah 23:6, under capitol LORD.

Who and what name is the HOLY ONE that Peter mentioned in Acts 2:27; Acts 3:14? Read of His Name as YHWH ie- YAHWEH, under capitol LORD, in Jeremiah 50:29, 51:5; See also Isaiah 48:17; Isaiah 49:7; Isaiah 54:5.

What is the Name of Him that will return to the mount of Olives?

Compare Acts 1:10-12 with THE PROPHET Zechariah 14:3-4 which says, " Then shall YHWH- ie YAHWEH( under capitol Lord) go forth and fight against those nations, as when He fought in the day of battle, and His( YAHWEH'S) feet shall stand in that day upon the MOUNT OF OLIVES...

ALL THE PROPHETS in ALL THE SCRIPTURES give witness and testimony, explicitly as both Messiah( Luke 24:44), Peter( Acts 10:43) as the true Messiah's Name as YAHWEH SAVIOR.

How many more PROPHETS in ALL THE SCRIPTURES do you want me to show you?

Please show me ANY PROPHET in the scriptures, that give record witness or testimony, for the real Messiah's Name as being Jesus, Yeshua, e.t.c.

The Messiah said, that He inherited all things from the Father, that included His Father's Name also ( John 5:43), not ONLY His authority, for His Name( Heb.Shem- See S.E.C.H.D.) is thee authority.

You will read of TWO YHWH'S- ie TWO Yahweh's in scriptures. See Genesis 19:24, under the TWO capitol LORD, in that verse.

What is the Name of Him that is called the FIRST and the LAST, the Alpha and Omega?

See, read and compare of TWO YHWH'S -ie two Yahweh's again, under the two capitol LORD'S in Isaiah 44:6, compare with Revelation 1:8; Revelation 1:11; Revelation 21:6; Revelation 22:13. He is the first and the last, the Aleph and Omega, and His name is YAHWEH SAVIOR.

All the Prophets do not give witness to the Messiah and His Name as being Jesus or any other Name but YAHWEH.

Him declare I unto you.

For whosoever shall call on the Name of YAHWEHSHUA or YAHWEH SAVIOR shall be saved . Joel 2:32; Acts 2:21; Romans 10:13.

Eliyah C. still on the net!

apothanein kerdos
Apr 22nd 2009, 05:17 AM
And all this time I thought His name was Bob.

Vhayes
Apr 22nd 2009, 05:19 AM
Well, it IS - you just have to spell it backwards. :D:D ;)
V

apothanein kerdos
Apr 22nd 2009, 05:20 AM
Well, it IS - you just have to spell it backwards. :D:D ;)
V

I knew there was a reason my prayer cloth wasn't working.

Athanasius
Apr 22nd 2009, 05:23 AM
Wait, so it's YAHWEHSHUA not Yeshua? (or Yahshua, Yehoshua, Y'shua, Iesous, Iesus) Uh oh... I gotta go tell the other Sacred name believers...
Is that seriously what you're saying though?

paradiseinn
Apr 22nd 2009, 07:51 AM
:lol: LOL, bob, prayer cloth, reminds me of Bruce Almighty and the whole prayer bead thing:rolleyes:

thepenitent
Apr 22nd 2009, 01:43 PM
And all this time I thought His name was Bob.

No, no...it's Harold. Says so right there in the first line of the Lord's Prayer. "Our Father who art in Heaven, Harold be thy Name." :spin:

Vhayes
Apr 22nd 2009, 01:57 PM
Hi Eliyah -

I believe you were very serious with your post and all of us who have responded have not been really serious in answering. I'll try and tell you what I think, what I believe and perhaps that will show you we HAVE heard this before and we have arrived at our own conclusions which are vastly different than yours.

I am an American. I speak English. I understand a bit of German, a bit of French and a smattering of Spanish. But English is my primary language - it's the language I "think" in.

God knows and understands all languages because He is the author of all languages. That being the case, I can call on our Savior, Jesus, Prince of Peace, God the Son, Son of God, Redeemer, 耶穌 or Yeshua - He knows Whom I am addressing and He will answer because of Him - not because of me and certainly not because of a magic formula.

Please know that I appreciate your concern for me and for others. i just don't see the Lord Jesus turning His back on me because I called Him by His English name.

Hope that helps a bit -
V

L'Ange
Apr 23rd 2009, 08:48 PM
Wait, so it's YAHWEHSHUA not Yeshua? (or Yahshua, Yehoshua, Y'shua, Iesous, Iesus) Uh oh... I gotta go tell the other Sacred name believers...
Is that seriously what you're saying though?
Just in case anyone doesn't know, not all of us who try to use the Hebrew names for Diety are "Sacred Name believers." That is, not if that term means we all believe you have to use the right Name - or else.

Most of us who try to use the right Name are doing so because we simply want to be as correct as possible. We usually acknowledge that we don't know with absolute certainty what the pronunciation is, because of the lack of sound bites back then.

One thing we know for sure, there is no J in Hebrew. However, I got lots of prayers answered with the Name of Jesus before I became Messianic. I also got tons of prayers answered when speaking to "God." However, we know that neither YHWH, nor anyone in Scriptures, ever used "God."

Everything in Scriptures is of great significance, particularly how to pronounce the Name of YHWH. He gave it to Moses for His people to use.
It never hurts to try to do the best one can to say it right.

RabbiKnife
Apr 23rd 2009, 08:53 PM
Quoting from the APOSTLE...That's Robert Duvall's "The Apostle."

"Jesus? This is Sonny. I've always called you Jesus, and you've always called me Sonny. Well, Amen. Alright. Praise the Lord."

Athanasius
Apr 25th 2009, 06:40 PM
Just in case anyone doesn't know, not all of us who try to use the Hebrew names for Diety are "Sacred Name believers." That is, not if that term means we all believe you have to use the right Name - or else.

That's why I was asking what's meant. If God revealed His name in a language other than Hebrew, I wonder if it would still have been, uh... Any of the names listed above - that is, Hebrew. :rolleyes:

Dani H
Apr 25th 2009, 07:10 PM
All I know is that when I say "Jesus" and call on His name, He shows up and devils leave. Every time. Without fail. Which is why all this theoretisizing just really leaves me scratching my head. Don't you know what happens when you call upon His name? If you don't know, then saying Yahweh or Yahshua isn't going to make one lick of difference, and you had best go find out. I know what happens. I have to merely whisper or think "Jesus" and my Savior lets me know that He is with me. And that's all that matters. God isn't petty like we're petty, and I don't understand why we think He is. When my kids call me, then I know who they're calling, and I'm right there, because I hear the cry of their hearts, not just their lips, and I know exactly who they're calling for.

So if the Lord has no problem with being called Jesus, then I'm not going to. It's His name, after all, and not our area of jurisdiction, which I think is simply arrogant to assume and argue over. Because there is only one right, and that is God. Right isn't graded on a curve, you either is, or isn't. :)

BroRog
Apr 25th 2009, 10:54 PM
When it says, "whoever shall call upon the name . . ." I don't think it means, "whoever shall call out the proper name" of the savior shall be saved. It isn't a matter of knowing his name, the name his mother gave him, the name everyone knows him by.

In this instance, I believe, the term "name" refers to his authority not his identity. We aren't saved on the basis that we know his "true" name as opposed to the Anglicized version of his name. We are saved because the one whom we call "Jesus" has the power and authority to save us. We are calling on HIS power and authority as opposed to that of another. It isn't the name that saves us; it's the person who saves us.

bagofseed
Apr 26th 2009, 12:14 AM
Each name of God is a description of His nature, right?

John 17 shows God sharing His name with Jesus, I would also say Jesus is the representation of that nature.

The God who saves.
My God my salvation.

Whom ever calls out on the name, {this aspect of the nature} of God will be saved.

Names are never just labels in the bible.

Athanasius
Apr 26th 2009, 12:41 AM
Each name of God is a description of His nature, right?

John 17 shows God sharing His name with Jesus, I would also say Jesus is the representation of that nature.

The God who saves.
My God my salvation.

Whom ever calls out on the name, {this aspect of the nature} of God will be saved.

Names are never just labels in the bible.

Sorry, I want to get this right, I'll end up being ridiculous:

To take a thought from Yahwehshua, would it be fair to say, 'names were made for people, not people for names'?

To take a thought from Yeshua, would it be fair to say, 'names were made for people, not people for names'?

To take a thought from Yahshua, would it be fair to say, 'names were made for people, not people for names'?

To take a thought from Yehoshua, would it be fair to say, 'names were made for people, not people for names'?

To take a thought from Y'shua, would it be fair to say, 'names were made for people, not people for names'?

To take a thought from Iesous, would it be fair to say, 'names were made for people, not people for names'?

To take a thought from Iesus, would it be fair to say, 'names were made for people, not people for names'?

So uh, which is the correct sacred name... Hrmm:hmm: I think DaniHansen has the answer in this instance. Whether my kid calls me Dad, daddy, <baby talk>, or whatever, I know who it is my kid is referencing - me; the name isn't all that important as long as the object of that name is me.

(I don't have a kid).

bagofseed
Apr 26th 2009, 12:59 AM
Sorry, I want to get this right, I'll end up being ridiculous:

To take a thought from Yahwehshua, would it be fair to say, 'names were made for people, not people for names'?

To take a thought from Yeshua, would it be fair to say, 'names were made for people, not people for names'?

To take a thought from Yahshua, would it be fair to say, 'names were made for people, not people for names'?

To take a thought from Yehoshua, would it be fair to say, 'names were made for people, not people for names'?

To take a thought from Y'shua, would it be fair to say, 'names were made for people, not people for names'?

To take a thought from Iesous, would it be fair to say, 'names were made for people, not people for names'?

To take a thought from Iesus, would it be fair to say, 'names were made for people, not people for names'?

So uh, which is the correct sacred name... Hrmm:hmm: I think DaniHansen has the answer in this instance. Whether my kid calls me Dad, daddy, <baby talk>, or whatever, I know who it is my kid is referencing - me; the name isn't all that important as long as the object of that name is me.

(I don't have a kid).

I totally agree.
I am my daughters father protector
I am my daughters father provider

When she calls out to me to protect I answer as her protector.

When I call out to God to save me He answers as my savior Jesus.

Josie
Apr 26th 2009, 01:07 AM
Hi Eliyah -

I believe you were very serious with your post and all of us who have responded have not been really serious in answering. I'll try and tell you what I think, what I believe and perhaps that will show you we HAVE heard this before and we have arrived at our own conclusions which are vastly different than yours.

I am an American. I speak English. I understand a bit of German, a bit of French and a smattering of Spanish. But English is my primary language - it's the language I "think" in.

God knows and understands all languages because He is the author of all languages. That being the case, I can call on our Savior, Jesus, Prince of Peace, God the Son, Son of God, Redeemer, 耶穌 or Yeshua - He knows Whom I am addressing and He will answer because of Him - not because of me and certainly not because of a magic formula.

Please know that I appreciate your concern for me and for others. i just don't see the Lord Jesus turning His back on me because I called Him by His English name.

Hope that helps a bit -
V
I agree with what she said. ;)

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77