PDA

View Full Version : Matthew 19:27-28 QUESTION - 12 THRONES?

luv2laugh
Apr 22nd 2009, 03:43 PM
Hello everyone. My question today is regarding Matthew 19:27-28

19:27Then Peter said in reply, "Look, we have left everything and followed you. What then will we have?" 19:28Jesus said to them, "Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man is seated on the throne of his glory, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
First of all, I love the parable about the rich man. I am confused however about the part listed.

The first thing I thought about was Judas will he be sitting on the 12 thrones? And also, I have a feeling because this is prophecy, there is symbolism that I don't understand. Also, will they also be judging the gentiles? And again are we judging as well or just the 12 disciples?

This is a lot of questions because I don't have a clear big picture understanding of this. If you have any books or articles you can recommend, I would really appreciate it. It will take me a while to get through the entire Bible and I think a pre-understanding of how to get these verses would be very helpful.

Thanks so much in advance.

Have a blessed Wednesday!

THOM
Apr 22nd 2009, 05:44 PM
Hello everyone. My question today is regarding Matthew 19:27-28

19:27Then Peter said in reply, "Look, we have left everything and followed you. What then will we have?" 19:28Jesus said to them, "Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man is seated on the throne of his glory, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
First of all, I love the parable about the rich man. I am confused however about the part listed.

Are you quite sure that this was a "parable"? Double check it.

The first thing I thought about was Judas will he be sitting on the 12 thrones?No; Judas was replaced as one of the "12" in Acts 1:26, "And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles."

And also, I have a feeling because this is prophecy, there is symbolism that I don't understand. Also, will they also be judging the gentiles?Not according to JESUS' wording (vs. 28), ". . .ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel."

And again are we judging as well or just the 12 disciples?Our ("Saints") judgments will be upon the entire world (See 1 Corinthians 6:2ff).

This is a lot of questions because I don't have a clear big picture understanding of this. If you have any books or articles you can recommend, I would really appreciate it. It will take me a while to get through the entire Bible and I think a pre-understanding of how to get these verses would be very helpful.
Thanks so much in advance.

Have a blessed Wednesday!The judgment that is tho be done by the "Twelve", and by the "Saints", is much like the judgments done by those delegated by Moses in the Wilderness in Exodus 18:13-26.

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77