PDA

View Full Version : What does it mean to die to the law?

bagofseed
Apr 27th 2009, 03:23 AM
What does it mean to die to the law?

How is it that we died to the law through the law?

Why is dying to the law required for us to live to God?

How is the law still useful to me if I am dead to it?

Vhayes
Apr 27th 2009, 03:26 AM
I believe the Law and reading ot can show us the constancy of God - how He is always faithful and just even when we are not - how He knows the beginning from the end.

But I also believe that I died to the letter of the Law and trying to fulfill it in my flesh that I might live TO Christ and allow Him to work through me from the inside out.

Is that what you are asking, Bag of Seed? By the way - good question!
V

bagofseed
Apr 27th 2009, 03:31 AM
I believe the Law and reading ot can show us the constancy of God - how He is always faithful and just even when we are not - how He knows the beginning from the end.

But I also believe that I died to the letter of the Law and trying to fulfill it in my flesh that I might live TO Christ and allow Him to work through me from the inside out.

Is that what you are asking, Bag of Seed? By the way - good question!
V
Well I think you answered three of the four.

Vhayes
Apr 27th 2009, 03:36 AM
Well I think you answered three of the four.
If it's number three that I left out, I would say that if I do not die to the Law, there is always the chance the Law will become more important to me than the Savior Who died for me.

Is that the original question that I left out?
V

bagofseed
Apr 27th 2009, 03:53 AM
Actually I was thinking of the second one.

How is it that we died to the law through the law?

Vhayes
Apr 27th 2009, 03:57 AM
Because Christ came through the Law. It kept the Hebrew people safe and set aside.

crossnote
Apr 27th 2009, 05:42 AM
Because Christ came through the Law. It kept the Hebrew people safe and set aside.

Vhayes is on a roll...great answers.

Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God. For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death. But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
(Rom 7:4-6)

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77