PDA

View Full Version : Discussion "If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha"

JesusMySavior
Apr 27th 2009, 04:58 PM
1 Corinthians 16:22, KJV.

I read that passage the other day and I thought...hmm...Anathema means 'damned' or 'condemned', and Maranatha means 'our Lord comes'. I put the two together and it seemed like Paul was saying "If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be damned until the Lord comes".

That's a pretty bold statement. But does Paul really mean that? Obviously he can't, since we have a whole world that is lost, and a Father who longs to gather the lost children in to be reconciled to Him.

Perhaps someone else can shed some light on this passage? Thanks!

karenoka27
Apr 27th 2009, 05:03 PM
There is a whole world out there that does not love Jesus Christ,and they have their lifetime to change their hearts towards them.
Before we were saved we were cursed, or on our way to hell.
Christ became "cursed" for us in our place. Those who reject Him remain under it.

Galatians 3:13-"Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree."

1 Corinthians 12:3-"Therefore I tell you that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit."

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77