PDA

View Full Version : Discussion What Is The Purpose Of The Comforter?

Firstfruits
Apr 27th 2009, 07:43 PM
According to Christ, what is the purpose of the Comforter?

Please can you answer according to what is written. :bible:

God bless you!

Firstfruits

THOM
Apr 27th 2009, 08:22 PM

God bless you!

Firstfruits

1) GOD/JESUS CHRIST's POWER [Residing] IN us (individually) for ever ("And I will pray THE FATHER, and HE shall give you another COMFORTER, that HE may abide with you for ever; Even THE SPIRIT of TRUTH; whom the world cannot receive, because it sees HIM not, neither knows HIM: but ye know HIM; for HE dwells with you, and shall be in you. [John 14:16-17]");

2) GOD/JESUS CHRIST's TEACHING/REMINDER IN us (individually) for ever ("But THE COMFORTER, WHICH IS THE HOLY GHOST, whom THE FATHER will send in MY NAME, HE shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.[John 14:26]");

3) GOD/JESUS CHRIST's TESTIFIER/TESTIMONY IN us (individually) for ever ("But when THE COMFORTER is come, whom I will send unto you from THE FATHER, even THE SPIRIT of TRUTH, which proceeds from THE FATHER, HE shall testify of ME: And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with HE from the beginning. [John 15:26-27]").

theBelovedDisciple
Apr 27th 2009, 10:38 PM
Nevertheless I tell you the Truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

And when He is come, He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, [that] shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come.

He shall glorify Me: for He shall receive of Mine, and shall shew [it] unto you.

All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that He shall take of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you.

Firstfruits
Apr 28th 2009, 07:47 AM
1) GOD/JESUS CHRIST's POWER [Residing] IN us (individually) for ever ("And I will pray THE FATHER, and HE shall give you another COMFORTER, that HE may abide with you for ever; Even THE SPIRIT of TRUTH; whom the world cannot receive, because it sees HIM not, neither knows HIM: but ye know HIM; for HE dwells with you, and shall be in you. [John 14:16-17]");

2) GOD/JESUS CHRIST's TEACHING/REMINDER IN us (individually) for ever ("But THE COMFORTER, WHICH IS THE HOLY GHOST, whom THE FATHER will send in MY NAME, HE shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.[John 14:26]");

3) GOD/JESUS CHRIST's TESTIFIER/TESTIMONY IN us (individually) for ever ("But when THE COMFORTER is come, whom I will send unto you from THE FATHER, even THE SPIRIT of TRUTH, which proceeds from THE FATHER, HE shall testify of ME: And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with HE from the beginning. [John 15:26-27]").

Thank you Thom,

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Firstfruits
Apr 28th 2009, 07:50 AM
Nevertheless I tell you the Truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

And when He is come, He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, [that] shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come.

He shall glorify Me: for He shall receive of Mine, and shall shew [it] unto you.

All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that He shall take of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you.

Thanks The belovedDisciple,

Is what the Holy Spirit taught the gospel of Christ?

God bless you!

Firstfruits

theBelovedDisciple
Apr 28th 2009, 08:23 PM
Thanks The belovedDisciple,

God bless you!

Firstfruits

YES,,,,, He Gloriflies Jesus the Christ... He teaches and Reveals who Jesus the Christ really is... the True Gospel... He lifts up Jesus the Christ and this points to the Bloody Tree... His Sacrafice... which is where the Power of God is found.. in the Preaching of the Cross...

any 'other gospel' is just that... and there were 'other' gospels being preached when Paul was still alive.. as their are today.. many many different Gospels.

Jesus the Christ ,God manifest in the flesh, who was once physically Dead.. is alive today.. Resurrected by God the Father.. according to the Gospel that was given to me.. and delivered to me in 1994... He is Alive and out of the Tomb... no other 'savior' or 'god' can claim that.. except Jesus the Christ.. which proves that He is not the God of the dead.. but of the Living...

I know He is alive today because He touched me in 1994... why did He choose to 'touch' me? I don't know.. but its according to His Widsom .Will , and Foreknowledge that He saved me that day in Feb...
I didn't choose Him.. He chose me... and told me to go back home and tell people the great things God has done for you... He knew me when I was in my mothers womb.. and He watched out and cared for me even when I was a child.. and I didn't deserve it.. as a young adult the same.. and it was the Revelation of this Goodness and Unmerited Favor towards me... that brought me to my knees that day.. coming to the Revelation that He is the True God and that He died for my sins on that Bloody Tree...... and without Him I'm nothing and don't exist... and that everything I have in this life and the life to come.. Comes thru Him and what He Sacaraficed on that Bloody Tree...

I long to see the One who set me Free that day.. and that day will come.. according to His timing and Will...

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

David Taylor
Apr 28th 2009, 09:28 PM

Luke 4:18 Jesus said, "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel"

Ephesians 1:13 "in Christ. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession"

Luke 21:12 "But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake. And it shall turn to you for a testimony. Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer: For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist. "

Matthew 10:17 "But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you."

Firstfruits
Apr 29th 2009, 08:16 AM
YES,,,,, He Gloriflies Jesus the Christ... He teaches and Reveals who Jesus the Christ really is... the True Gospel... He lifts up Jesus the Christ and this points to the Bloody Tree... His Sacrafice... which is where the Power of God is found.. in the Preaching of the Cross...

any 'other gospel' is just that... and there were 'other' gospels being preached when Paul was still alive.. as their are today.. many many different Gospels.

Jesus the Christ ,God manifest in the flesh, who was once physically Dead.. is alive today.. Resurrected by God the Father.. according to the Gospel that was given to me.. and delivered to me in 1994... He is Alive and out of the Tomb... no other 'savior' or 'god' can claim that.. except Jesus the Christ.. which proves that He is not the God of the dead.. but of the Living...

I know He is alive today because He touched me in 1994... why did He choose to 'touch' me? I don't know.. but its according to His Widsom .Will , and Foreknowledge that He saved me that day in Feb...
I didn't choose Him.. He chose me... and told me to go back home and tell people the great things God has done for you... He knew me when I was in my mothers womb.. and He watched out and cared for me even when I was a child.. and I didn't deserve it.. as a young adult the same.. and it was the Revelation of this Goodness and Unmerited Favor towards me... that brought me to my knees that day.. coming to the Revelation that He is the True God and that He died for my sins on that Bloody Tree...... and without Him I'm nothing and don't exist... and that everything I have in this life and the life to come.. Comes thru Him and what He Sacaraficed on that Bloody Tree...

I long to see the One who set me Free that day.. and that day will come.. according to His timing and Will...

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Thanks TBD,

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Firstfruits
Apr 29th 2009, 08:17 AM
Luke 4:18 Jesus said, "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel"

Ephesians 1:13 "in Christ. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession"

Luke 21:12 "But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake. And it shall turn to you for a testimony. Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer: For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist. "

Matthew 10:17 "But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you."

Thank you David,

Amen and God bless you!

Firtsfruits

Aliosias
May 26th 2009, 03:48 PM
Ephesians 1:9,10 - For He has made known to us in all wisdom and insight the mystery of His will, according to His purpose which He set forth in Christ as a plan for the fulness of time to unite all things in Him, things in heaven and things on earth.

Observation

The ultimate purpose of God is to sum up all things in His son. In everything the Lord is doing on the earth, the ultimate purpose is to be conformed to the image of Christ. Therefore the basis of what he is saying to us is that we must be found in Him.
Likewise, knowing that the basic communication of the Holy Spirit is about the Son, His ways, His works and His heart, enables us to have a basis for beginning to interpret what the Holy Spirit is saying to us.

Firstfruits
May 26th 2009, 07:21 PM
Ephesians 1:9,10 - For He has made known to us in all wisdom and insight the mystery of His will, according to His purpose which He set forth in Christ as a plan for the fulness of time to unite all things in Him, things in heaven and things on earth.

Observation

The ultimate purpose of God is to sum up all things in His son. In everything the Lord is doing on the earth, the ultimate purpose is to be conformed to the image of Christ. Therefore the basis of what he is saying to us is that we must be found in Him.
Likewise, knowing that the basic communication of the Holy Spirit is about the Son, His ways, His works and His heart, enables us to have a basis for beginning to interpret what the Holy Spirit is saying to us.

Thanks Aliosias,

Welcome and God bless you!

Firstfruits

Aliosias
Jun 3rd 2009, 05:11 AM
Psalm 100:4 - "Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thainkful to Him, and bless His name."

Praise and thanksgiving, communing with God in the Holy Spirit, starts with being Holy Spirit sensitive and understanding the reality of having our spirit connected into the anointing of His Presence.

It is true that the anointing is for others, but it is also true that the anointing is for us to know Him and His truth.

1 John 1:20 - "But you have an anointing from the Holy one, and you know all things."

Firstfruits
Jun 3rd 2009, 08:32 AM
Psalm 100:4 - "Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thainkful to Him, and bless His name."

Praise and thanksgiving, communing with God in the Holy Spirit, starts with being Holy Spirit sensitive and understanding the reality of having our spirit connected into the anointing of His Presence.

It is true that the anointing is for others, but it is also true that the anointing is for us to know Him and His truth.

1 John 1:20 - "But you have an anointing from the Holy one, and you know all things."

Thanks Aliosias,

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Aliosias
Jun 6th 2009, 04:00 AM
Ezekiel 37:2,3 - And He set me in the middle of a valley ; it was full of bones....He asked me, 'Son of man, can these bones live?'

The Holy Spirit resurrection power that is released through faith enables us to speak to and encourage ourselves in the Lord. We are to bring forth new hope and speak life to those that are dead and despairing. As our ears are tuned to hear the Lord's voice His words will create the hunger and desire to disciple others into a higher spiritual life in Chirst.
The Source of eternal life will connect us to others that will empower us to become all we are destined to be.

Ezekiel 37:10 - "So I prophesied as He commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet -- a vast army."

Firstfruits
Jun 6th 2009, 11:15 AM
Ezekiel 37:2,3 - And He set me in the middle of a valley ; it was full of bones....He asked me, 'Son of man, can these bones live?'

The Holy Spirit resurrection power that is released through faith enables us to speak to and encourage ourselves in the Lord. We are to bring forth new hope and speak life to those that are dead and despairing. As our ears are tuned to hear the Lord's voice His words will create the hunger and desire to disciple others into a higher spiritual life in Chirst.
The Source of eternal life will connect us to others that will empower us to become all we are destined to be.

Ezekiel 37:10 - "So I prophesied as He commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet -- a vast army."

Thanks Aliosias,

Truly the Holy Spirit will teach us all things.

Jn 14:26 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=43&CHAP=14&SEARCH=jesus king lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=26) But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Jn 15:26 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=43&CHAP=15&SEARCH=jesus king lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=26) But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Aliosias
Jun 20th 2009, 11:19 AM
2 Corinthians 5:17 - If any man is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

When we were born again we received the very Spirit of God, and through His Spirit we were birthed into another realm; the Kingdom of Heaven. Through the vehicle of the Holy Spirit we are united to the actual person of Jesus Christ who is seated at the throne of God. Our heart is attached to the power of God. We are never alone. Christ is always with us. What we were as a person prior to salvation, we will never be again!

Albert Finch

Firstfruits
Jun 20th 2009, 02:27 PM
2 Corinthians 5:17 - If any man is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

When we were born again we received the very Spirit of God, and through His Spirit we were birthed into another realm; the Kingdom of Heaven. Through the vehicle of the Holy Spirit we are united to the actual person of Jesus Christ who is seated at the throne of God. Our heart is attached to the power of God. We are never alone. Christ is always with us. What we were as a person prior to salvation, we will never be again!

Albert Finch

Thanks Aliosias,

One thing to note is that if we remain untill the end we will never be the same again, however we know that there are some that turn back to what they were before and worse. They do not remain until the end.

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Aliosias
Jul 2nd 2009, 04:42 AM

Matthew 5:20 - For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Christ's virtue and power came from the Holy Spirit, not a religious spirit. For it was the fruit of the Holy Spirit that the Father crowned with power -- love healed broken bodies -- peace drove out tormenting spirits -- joy released captives from sin.

Romans 14:17 - For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

Albert Finch

Firstfruits
Jul 2nd 2009, 06:40 AM

Matthew 5:20 - For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Christ's virtue and power came from the Holy Spirit, not a religious spirit. For it was the fruit of the Holy Spirit that the Father crowned with power -- love healed broken bodies -- peace drove out tormenting spirits -- joy released captives from sin.

Romans 14:17 - For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

Albert Finch

Thanks you and May God bless you!

Firstfruits

Aliosias
Jul 19th 2009, 06:42 PM

John 10:4 - The gate keeper admits him, and the sheep hear his voice; he calls his own sheep by name, and leads them out. When he as brought them all out, he goes ahead and the sheep follow, because they know his voice.

Jesus did not say, "My sheep will know my book." It is His voice that we are to know.
Why the distinction? Because anyone can know the Bible as a book -- the devil himself knows and quotes the scriptures. But only those whose lives are dependent on the person of the Holy Spirit will consistently recognize His voice.

Observation

I must diligently study the scriptures, remembering that it is in knowing Him that the greatest truths of scripture will be understood.

Albert Finch

Firstfruits
Jul 19th 2009, 08:30 PM

John 10:4 - The gate keeper admits him, and the sheep hear his voice; he calls his own sheep by name, and leads them out. When he as brought them all out, he goes ahead and the sheep follow, because they know his voice.

Jesus did not say, "My sheep will know my book." It is His voice that we are to know.
Why the distinction? Because anyone can know the Bible as a book -- the devil himself knows and quotes the scriptures. But only those whose lives are dependent on the person of the Holy Spirit will consistently recognize His voice.

Observation

I must diligently study the scriptures, remembering that it is in knowing Him that the greatest truths of scripture will be understood.

Albert Finch

We must remember that we know him through the scriptures, and it is by the scriptures that we shall be judged.

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Aliosias
Aug 27th 2009, 03:25 PM

John 17:16,17 - They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

We've been placed in another world; our citizenship is in heaven. We are to live by heavenly principles, and one of those principles is that of framing our world with the Word of God.

Affirmations:

I don't confess what I don't have -- I confess what I desire to have.

I don't talk about what I can't do -- I talk about what I can do through Christ who strengthens me.

God has done His part -- He sent Jesus. The Holy Spirit indwells me, and I have God's Word. I use it to frame my world.

Albert Finch

Aliosias
Sep 13th 2009, 05:39 AM
Hebrews 5:11 - Concerning this we have much to say which is hard to explain, since you have become dull in your (spiritual) hearing and sluggish (even slothful in achieving spiritual insight).

They were not in need of hearing aids; rather their inward man had digressed to become insensitive to spiritual things.

The Holy spirit does not communicate to our head but to our spirit. You can be a believer for years and not develop your spirit.

Scripture tells us that John the Baptist "grew and became strong in spirit." Regarding spiritual development, Paul told Timothy to give himself entirely to it "that your progress may be evident to all."

Luke 1:80 - And the little boy grew and became strong in spirit.

Albert Finch

theBelovedDisciple
Sep 14th 2009, 06:55 PM
We must remember that we know him through the scriptures, and it is by the scriptures that we shall be judged.

God bless you!

Firstfruits

We 'know' Him thru the Power of the Holy Ghost ... It is He who brings the Scripture to Life.. Revealing Truth to us and the Reality of Who the Son of Man is.. the World cannot see Him.. nor do they understand or Perceive Him... It is He who Reveals to us and let's us 'know' those things that are 'freely' Given to His Children.. this because of What Jesus did on the Bloody Tree...

FF, the devil himself 'knows' Scripture and uses it to Twist the Truth.. he 'knows' it,quotes it, uses it in his theological schemes to decieve... for he is a master theologian...this from experience and the Scriptures..... and he knows who Jesus the Christ is.. the devil actually comes posing as Jesus Himself... an angel of light.. another 'jesus' a false christ.. very apparent in these last days.. and one does not have to go very far to see that happening...

God will 'judge' the Secrets of mens womens and children's Heart.. this by Jesus the Christ.. Believers will Stand before the Judgement (bema) Seat of Christ.. to recieve those awards done in the body..

unbelievers will stand before the Judge.. Jesus the Christ.. at the Great White Throne Judgement... He will judge according to the books that are opened.. and the 'secret' intentions of their hearts.. it will all be manifested.. every last person.. their hearts intents.. the reasons behind what they do... for the damned.. their intents may be greed, lust, covetousness, idolatry(devil worship), etc.. and those 'intents' will be all listed in the books.. for God 'know's the Secrets of your heart.. and from there He will Judge in the end..

Jesus the Christ.. the suffering Servant of Isaiah, God in the flesh... now Glorified and Returning to this Earth in the near future.. in Power and Glory.... this is the Man God ordained to be the Judge of the Earth. and the Judge of the hearts of men women and children... It is by Him that God will Judge.. for He is the ONLY ONE WORTHY TO HAVE THAT TITLE.... Verily Verily.. He really is the Only Person to Have that Title..

You will stand before Him... He as your Rewarder ..Truly Saved

or you will stand before Him...He as Your Judge... UnSaved / Damned

the latter will be in utomost horror and terror as His Verdict is Rendered...

he that hath ears let him hear.....

Aliosias
Sep 23rd 2009, 04:17 PM
1 Samuel 9:8-10 8The servant answered Saul again and said, "Behold, I have in my hand a fourth of a shekel of silver; I will give it to the man of God and he will tell us our way." 9(Formerly in Israel, when a man went to inquire of God, he used to say, "Come, and let us go to the seer (Samuel)"; for he who is called a prophet now was formerly called a seer.) 10Then Saul said to his servant, "Well said; come, let us go." So they went to the city where the man of God was.

The servant has a quarter of a shekel of silver. Silver is a type of redemption, a type of the finished work of Christ.

The servant, being a type of the Holy Spirit, has more than enough to present an acceptable offering to the Seer. The servant obtained his resources from the son’s father. Saul’s dad sent the servant to supply all the needs that went beyond what Saul could anticipate. Our heavenly Father has sent His spirit as Comforter and Paraclete to accompany us on our journey to be our exceeding great reward.

Albert Finch

LookingUp
Sep 23rd 2009, 06:08 PM

Please can you answer according to what is written.

God bless you!

FirstfruitsThe Comorter (Helper):
1. Will be with “them” forever (John 14:16)
2. Will teach “them” all things (John 14:26)
3. Will bring to “their” remembrance all He said to “them” (vs. 14:26)
4. He will testify about Jesus (John 15:26)
5. The Helper will not come unless Jesus goes away (John 16:7) – This should show us that Helper does not equal Holy Spirit since the Holy Spirit had been coming to OT saints for thousands of years (iow, "Helper" is a title or part of the HS's function)
6. He will convict the world concerning sin, righteousness and judgment (John 16:8)
7. He will disclose to “them” what is to come (John 16:13)
8. He will glorify Jesus for He will take of His and disclose it to “them” (John 16:14)

The Mighty Sword
Sep 23rd 2009, 06:14 PM
"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you." John 14:16-17

A sub for Christ in the world.

Steven3
Sep 24th 2009, 02:28 AM

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Bear in mind that in 1John2:1 John identifies Christ himself as the Paraclete. And that reading John 14:16 where Jesus says "another paraclete" will come to help the church does not have to be read as there are two paracletes. It is also possible that Christ having being the paraclete to the disciples on earth, then became again another paraclete to them in his presence.

This relates also to the use of "mansion" in John 14:2 and 14:23 (only 2x NT uses of the Greek word)

Firstfruits
Sep 25th 2009, 12:47 PM
We 'know' Him thru the Power of the Holy Ghost ... It is He who brings the Scripture to Life.. Revealing Truth to us and the Reality of Who the Son of Man is.. the World cannot see Him.. nor do they understand or Perceive Him... It is He who Reveals to us and let's us 'know' those things that are 'freely' Given to His Children.. this because of What Jesus did on the Bloody Tree...

FF, the devil himself 'knows' Scripture and uses it to Twist the Truth.. he 'knows' it,quotes it, uses it in his theological schemes to decieve... for he is a master theologian...this from experience and the Scriptures..... and he knows who Jesus the Christ is.. the devil actually comes posing as Jesus Himself... an angel of light.. another 'jesus' a false christ.. very apparent in these last days.. and one does not have to go very far to see that happening...

God will 'judge' the Secrets of mens womens and children's Heart.. this by Jesus the Christ.. Believers will Stand before the Judgement (bema) Seat of Christ.. to recieve those awards done in the body..

unbelievers will stand before the Judge.. Jesus the Christ.. at the Great White Throne Judgement... He will judge according to the books that are opened.. and the 'secret' intentions of their hearts.. it will all be manifested.. every last person.. their hearts intents.. the reasons behind what they do... for the damned.. their intents may be greed, lust, covetousness, idolatry(devil worship), etc.. and those 'intents' will be all listed in the books.. for God 'know's the Secrets of your heart.. and from there He will Judge in the end..

Jesus the Christ.. the suffering Servant of Isaiah, God in the flesh... now Glorified and Returning to this Earth in the near future.. in Power and Glory.... this is the Man God ordained to be the Judge of the Earth. and the Judge of the hearts of men women and children... It is by Him that God will Judge.. for He is the ONLY ONE WORTHY TO HAVE THAT TITLE.... Verily Verily.. He really is the Only Person to Have that Title..

You will stand before Him... He as your Rewarder ..Truly Saved

or you will stand before Him...He as Your Judge... UnSaved / Damned

the latter will be in utomost horror and terror as His Verdict is Rendered...

he that hath ears let him hear.....

I was reffering to the following scripture concerning how we know him.

John 17:16,17 - They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

It is also by the word of God/gospel by which we shall be judged and by which we are saved.

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Firstfruits
Sep 25th 2009, 12:51 PM
Bear in mind that in 1John2:1 John identifies Christ himself as the Paraclete. And that reading John 14:16 where Jesus says "another paraclete" will come to help the church does not have to be read as there are two paracletes. It is also possible that Christ having being the paraclete to the disciples on earth, then became again another paraclete to them in his presence.

This relates also to the use of "mansion" in John 14:2 and 14:23 (only 2x NT uses of the Greek word)

According to the following it is not Jesus that comes again.

Jn 14:16 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=43&CHAP=14&SEARCH=jesus king lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=16) And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Jn 16:7 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=43&CHAP=16&SEARCH=jesus king lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=7) Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Aliosias
Oct 15th 2009, 04:42 AM

Ephesians 3:16 - "That according to the riches of His glory He may grant you to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man."

When we learn to receive from our spirit, our mind becomes the student and is therefore subject to the Holy Spirit. Through the process of revelation and experience our mind eventually obtains understanding. That is biblical learning - the spirit giving infulence to the mind.

Galatians 5:25 - 'If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the spirit."

Albert Finch

Desperaux
Oct 15th 2009, 04:57 AM
According to the following it is not Jesus that comes again.

Jn 14:16 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=43&CHAP=14&SEARCH=jesus%20king%20lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=16) And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Jn 16:7 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=43&CHAP=16&SEARCH=jesus%20king%20lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=7) Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Pardon? Please expound on your statement.

theBelovedDisciple
Oct 15th 2009, 05:26 PM
Pardon? Please expound on your statement.

Yes I would love to hear your explanation also FF...

According to Paul.. as he expounds under the Inspiration of the Holy Ghost..

that the First Adam.. was made a living soul... he is carnal... and failed...

but the Second Adam.. who is Jesus the Christ.. God manifest in the flesh...

He was made a 'quickening Spirit'..

the first was natural... howbeit the second was spiritual.. that Is Jesus the Christ...the Second Adam.. who was made a 'quickening Spirit'....

the Comforter.. do you believe He is 'another God'??

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77