PDA

View Full Version : "The Trinity". . .According to Scripture:

THOM
Apr 27th 2009, 07:51 PM
"For there are THREE that bear record in heaven, THE FATHER, THE WORD, and THE HOLY GHOST: and these THREE are ONE (1John 5:7)."

Look at it now:

"For there are THREE that bear record in heaven,

THE FATHER [GOD],

THE WORD [of GOD/'THE WORD made Flesh'/'THE SON of GOD'/'JESUS CHRIST'],

and THE HOLY GHOST ['SPIRIT'/'THE POWER' of GOD]:

and THESE THREE ARE (ONLY) ONE [GOD]
(1John 5:7)."

There is ONLY ONE GOD sitting on GOD'S THRONE. . .and HE IS HIM. . .and THEM:
HIMSELF,
HIS WORD,
and
HIS POWER.

Before I call it "the Trinity",
I call it,
my (Our)

MOST AWESOME GOD!

Teke
Apr 27th 2009, 08:00 PM
I believe in (Romans 10: 8-10; 1 John 4: 15)
One God (Deuteronomy 6: 4, Ephesians 4: 6)
Father (Matthew 6: 9)
Almighty, (Exodus 6: 3)
Creator of heaven and earth, (Genesis 1: 1)
and of all things visible and invisible; (Colossians 1: 15-16) and in one Lord, Jesus Christ, (Acts 11: 17)
Son of God (Matthew 14: 33; 16: 16)
begotten (John 1: 18; 3: 16)
begotten of the Father before all ages; (John 1: 2)
Light of Light (Psalm 27: I; John 8: 12; Matthew 17: 2,5)
true God of true God, (John 17: 1-5)
of one essence with the Father, (John 10: 30)
through Whom all things were made; (Hebrews 1: 1-2)
Who for us and for our salvation (I Timothy 2: 4-5)
came down from the heavens ((John 6: 33,35)
and was incarnate by the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary, (Luke 1: 35)
and became man. (John 1: 14)
Crucified for us (Mark 15: 25; I Corinthians 15: 3)
under Pontius Pilate, (John 1: 14)
He suffered, (Mark 8: 31)
and was buried; (Luke 23: 53; I Corinthians 15: 4)
Rising on the third day according to the Scriptures, (Luke 24: 1; 1 Cor. 15: 4)
And ascending into the heavens, (Luke 24: 51; Acts 1: 10)
He is seated at the right hand of the Father; (Mark 16: 19; Acts 7: 55)
And coming again in glory (Matthew 24: 27)
to judge the living and dead, (Acts 10: 42; 2 I Timothy 4: 1)
His kingodom shall have no end; (2 Peter 1: 11)
And in the holy Spirit, (John 14: 26)
Lord (Acts 5: 3-4)
the Giver of life, (Genesis 1: 2)
Who proceeds from the Father, (John 15: 26)
Who together with the Father and the Son is worshipped and glorified, (Matthew 3: 16-17)
Who spoke through the prophets; (I Samuel 19: 20; Ezekiel 11: 5, 13)
In one, (Matthew 16: 18)
holy, (I Peter 2: 5, 9)
catholic (Mark 16: 15)
and apostolic Church; (Acts 2: 42; Ephesians 2: 19-22)
I acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins; (Ephesians 4: 5)
I expect the resurrection of the dead; (John 11: 24; I Cor. 15: 12-49)
And the life of the age to come. (Mark 10: 29-30)
Amen. (Psalm 106:48)

Bladers
Apr 28th 2009, 12:34 AM
There is ONLY ONE GOD sitting on GOD'S THRONE. . .and HE IS HIM. . .and THEM: [CENTER]HIMSELF,
HIS WORD,
and
HIS POWER.

Before I call it "the Trinity",
I call it,
my (Our)

MOST AWESOME GOD!

Are you saying that the Father is Jesus and the Father is the Holy Spirit?

*Hope*
Apr 28th 2009, 12:39 AM
.....how is this topic different than the one i started yesterday? :confused

fuzzi
Apr 28th 2009, 12:41 AM
Good OP, Thom.

Here's some more Scripture about the Trinity:

"And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." (Matthew 3:16-17)

First there is Jesus, being baptized, and the Spirit coming down like a dove, and then the Father speaks about how He is pleased with Jesus, the Son.

Trinity in a nutshell.

chad
Apr 28th 2009, 10:16 AM
I think Thom created this one so that it would not de-rail your original post. However since I am studying the Trinity at the moment - I would like to share some thoughts on the Trinity based on what has been posted in the last few days.

The emphasis being (My Thoughts) as I am still trying to figure it all out myself. I am quite happy for peoples suggestions as well as correction.

The Trinity.

Although the word the Trinity does not appear in the bible it is the Theological term is used to define God as undivided in the threefold nature of (God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.)

As a Christian doctrine, the Trinity is considered as a divine mystery beyond human comprehension to be reflected upon only through scriptural revelation.

First let us look at the issue of the Trinity. Are there 3 Gods or is there 1 God, three fold in Nature?

There is only one God. (Romans 3:30;1 Cor 8:6; Eph 4:6; Tim 2:5) state that there is but one God.

James writes 'You believe there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that – and shudder' (James 2:19).

God is Eternal and existed before the creation of the heavens and the earth. God exists outside of creation and outside of time. (Gen 1:1)

God Created the Heavens and the Earth and all that is in it. Gods design is in everything and God himself gave life to all living things. (Gen 1:1-Gen 2:2).

God is not limited to our understanding of who God is (Job 36:25; Job 37:5; ) but can appear in many forms both in heaven and on earth.

God Created man in the image of God and breathed life into man. Male and Female God created them. (Gen 1:26-27; Gen 2:7).

God in his form, walked in the Garden of Eden (Gen 3:8).

God appeared in his form to Moses and the Israelites on Mount Sinai (Exodus 19:17-21).

Yet Gods presence went with Moses (Exodus 33:14) and his Glory appeared in the clouds (Ex 16:10)

Ephesians 4:4-6 describes in essence the tri-une nature of God and the church.

(Eph 4:4 NIV) There is one body and one Spirit-- just as you were called to one hope when you were called--(4:5) one Lord, one faith, one baptism; (4:6) one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Yet God chose to manifest himself on earth through his son Jesus. The threefold nature of God, (The Father's Divinity, The Son of Man and The Son of God and the Holy Spirit). They all existed within Jesus Christ.

Jesus was the son of man as well as the Son of God, filled with the Holy Spirit, and the spirit remained on him.

Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit (Mt 1:18; Mt 1:20; Luke 1:35) and was filled with the Holy Spirit at birth (Luke 1:15).

Gods divine nature of the Holy Spirit was within Jesus at birth, and John the Baptist testifies, it descended on him and remained on him (John 1:33).

When the Angel appeared to Joseph in a dream, He said to Joseph his son will be called Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins, Immanuel – God with us. (Mt 1:20-23).

At Jesus baptism, Gods spirit descended on Jesus and God proclaimed, this is my son (Son of God) whom I am well pleased.

Jesus himself with the divine nature of God within him and on him, being the son of God and the son of man, was however not the Father.

Yet, on earth he was given all authority on earth as in heaven (Mt 28:18-19). When Jesus died and rose again, he rose to be seated at the right hand of God in heaven (Mark 16:19).

Stephen, when he was being stoned, was given a Vision of heaven by the Holy Spirit, where Jesus was standing at the right hand of God. (Acts 7:55-56).

To some, the term right hand of God is seen as a figurative description of the equal authority of Christ with God in heaven and to others; more literally as Jesus enthroned on the right hand side of God in the heavenlies. (Mk 16:19, Acts 2:33, Acts 7:55-56, Rom 8:34, Col 3:1, Heb 10:12)

Jesus was not God the Father, but Jesus refers to God the father many times:

He who acknowledges me before men, I will acknowledge before my father in heaven (Mt 10:32-33).

Jesus praised the Father in Heaven (Mt 11:25)

Jesus taught us to pray to the Father in the Lords prayer (Mt 6:8-15). Jesus prayed to God, the Father (Mt 26:39; Mt 26:42)

To summarise:
There is only one God,
Who is eternal,
Omni-present,
Outside of creation and time
And can manifest himself in (form, spirit and body) both in heaven and earth
Jesus Christ existed with the Divinity of God, He being the son of God, the son of man as well
as being fillled with the Holy spirit, and the Holy Spirit remaining on him.
Jesus has Equal authority with God in Heaven as well as being given all authority on earth.
Jesus is not the Father but is part of the threefold nature of God (God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit)

:confused

THOM
Apr 29th 2009, 12:30 AM
Are you saying that the Father is Jesus and the Father is the Holy Spirit?

No.

I prefer starting with THE WORD of GOD. . .more often than not, it'll nip an objection in the bud before it become an objection. THE WORD of GOD is an OFFENSIVE WEAPON. More often than not, we use it as a Defensive Weapon. . .like trying to handle objections to IT. Do you not think that it is High Time that we put all the unbelievers, detractors and/or objectors to THE WORD of GOD on the Defense, instead of passively allowing it to be the other way around.

Good OP, Thom.

Here's some more Scripture about the Trinity:

"And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." (Matthew 3:16-17)

First there is Jesus, being baptized, and the Spirit coming down like a dove, and then the Father speaks about how He is pleased with Jesus, the Son.

Trinity in a nutshell.

Bless you Fuzzi; and Thanks. . .and that is one Awesome Scripture example you've given:

A Baptismal Service, where THE FATHER Preached The Sermon, "This IS MY BELOVED SON, IN WHO I AM WELL PLEASED."; JESUS CHRIST was THE CENTERPIECE; THE HOLY SPIRIT Invaded the Sanctuary; John the Baptist makes up the Congregation...and then after Church is over, Time to Go to War (See Matthew 4:1-11)!!!

fuzzi
Apr 29th 2009, 12:45 AM
I prefer starting with THE WORD of GOD. . .more often than not, it'll nip an objection in the bud before it become an objection. THE WORD of GOD is an OFFENSIVE WEAPON. More often than not, we use it as a Defensive Weapon. . .like trying to handle objections to IT.
First of all, I didn't see Hope's thread...there are so many new threads and posts every day, that I can't possibly read them all. I saw this thread, and decided to join in.

Our faith should not be based upon our thoughts, our intellect, or on what others teach or preach, but upon God's word.

"And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God." (Luke 4:4)

And I prefer standing on the word of God, for doctrine.

"Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;" (Ephesians 6:16-18)

Bless you Fuzzi; and Thanks. . .and that is one Awesome Scripture example you've given:

A Baptismal Service, where THE FATHER Preached The Sermon, "This IS MY BELOVED SON, IN WHO I AM WELL PLEASED."; JESUS CHRIST was THE CENTERPIECE; THE HOLY SPIRIT Invaded the Sanctuary; John the Baptist makes up the Congregation...and then after Church is over, Time to Go to War (See Matthew 4:1-11)!!!
Thank you, brother. God's word is awesome, and we should hold a higher regard for it, and a lower regard for the writings of men...

"Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food." (Job 23:12)

More than necessary food? Woo! Yes, we should feel that way all the time about God's word!

truthseeker87
Apr 29th 2009, 12:53 AM
Jesus Christ is the Father, The Father is Jesus Christ, The Father is the Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ is the Holy Spirit, "...and these three are one..." 1 Jn. 5:7.

The LORD (God/Father-O.T.) Jesus (Son-N.T.) Christ (Anointed One/Holy Spirit-NOW)

Watchmen
Apr 29th 2009, 01:05 AM
"For there are THREE that bear record in heaven, THE FATHER, THE WORD, and THE HOLY GHOST: and these THREE are ONE (1John 5:7)."And these three are ONE.

The three ways God has witnessed to men are all the Same One God.

Watchmen
Apr 29th 2009, 01:07 AM
Jesus Christ is the Father, The Father is Jesus Christ, The Father is the Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ is the Holy Spirit, "...and these three are one..." 1 Jn. 5:7.

The LORD (God/Father-O.T.) Jesus (Son-N.T.) Christ (Anointed One/Holy Spirit-NOW)Good post truthseeker87, maybe to good for your own good. ;)

Pilgrimtozion
Apr 29th 2009, 01:08 AM
Closing this thread. If we have any thread debating the Trinity, we certainly won't have two.

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77