PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Collection Funds

uric3
Apr 30th 2009, 06:53 PM
After reading and posting in the thread "Lay By Him in Store" I wanted to ask what can the money the church collects in the Sunday Morning Collection be used for?

As I mentioned in the other thread I know of people who state it can only be used for

Needy Saints, Evangelism, and for the work of the Church and nothing else...

So what can this money be used for is there any restrictions...

Please support your answer with Bible passages and reasoning please...

ZAB
Apr 30th 2009, 07:34 PM
Well, what about the pastor, etc? I guess that is included in "the work of the church". Right?
Many times in the new testament, the word "communicate" is used in reference to giving, however, not always in a financial sense: Gal 6:6; Phil 4:14; 1 Tim 6:18; Heb 13:6; etc.

Also, see 1 Cor 9:11 "If we have sown unto you spiritual (eternal) things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal (earthly) things?" In other words,
we, the same persons who have sown to you the infinitely more precious treasures of the Spirit, may at least claim in return what is the only thing you have to give, namely, the goods that nourish the flesh.

Matt 10:10 "... the workman is worthy of his meat".
Workman here in the Greek means, "toiler; teacher".

Rom 15:27 "... For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal things."

Clearly this, however, can and has been abused.

crossnote
May 2nd 2009, 07:13 AM
After reading and posting in the thread "Lay By Him in Store" I wanted to ask what can the money the church collects in the Sunday Morning Collection be used for?

As I mentioned in the other thread I know of people who state it can only be used for

Needy Saints, Evangelism, and for the work of the Church and nothing else...

So what can this money be used for is there any restrictions...

Please support your answer with Bible passages and reasoning please...

Ususally the members of the church in their 'members' meetings will decide these sort of things somewhat akin to:

And in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplied, there arose a murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrews, because their widows were neglected in the daily ministration. Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables. Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.
(Act 6:1-3)

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77