PDA

View Full Version : Peculiar voices-are they genuine or dissident ?

76 trombones
Apr 30th 2009, 04:05 PM
I hear a man called Brother Stair regularly on shortwave radio. I also hear people telling me he is a scandalous charlatan. Somehow I think he has had too much mud slung at him. He seems of great age and well deserving the title of a prophet, his literature is crudely produced but maybe he is right and the world is persecuting him as a follower of the Lord in these last days. I'd love to know what others think.

The one called Harold Camping is very worrying. He seems to have derived a real counterfeit version of endtime Christianity. His huge books are full of spurious numerology and tangential readings of Scripture to prove that only he has his dates right about the end of the world and to seal his conviction that God has rendered worthless all the assemblies together saving his own. He broadcasts very twisted biblicism every night through his open forum and sooner or later the fact he purchased his radio station from none other than the Mormons may be brought to bear on the situation. Look out for him and his Family Radio.

Do you folks perhaps have anything to say about these men ?

kay-gee
May 1st 2009, 12:08 PM
Not specifically, but I do hold media preachers (radio and TV) under much scrutiny.

all the best...

tango
May 1st 2009, 12:14 PM
I hear a man called Brother Stair regularly on shortwave radio. I also hear people telling me he is a scandalous charlatan. Somehow I think he has had too much mud slung at him. He seems of great age and well deserving the title of a prophet, his literature is crudely produced but maybe he is right and the world is persecuting him as a follower of the Lord in these last days. I'd love to know what others think.

The one called Harold Camping is very worrying. He seems to have derived a real counterfeit version of endtime Christianity. His huge books are full of spurious numerology and tangential readings of Scripture to prove that only he has his dates right about the end of the world and to seal his conviction that God has rendered worthless all the assemblies together saving his own. He broadcasts very twisted biblicism every night through his open forum and sooner or later the fact he purchased his radio station from none other than the Mormons may be brought to bear on the situation. Look out for him and his Family Radio.

I know nothing of these two specific individuals so can't comment on them. I would ask some specific questions of what they are preaching though. (edit: I mean these points to refer to any preacher, not just these two)

The most obvious one is, does it align with Scripture. If they are teaching contrary to the Bible you can be pretty sure that something is badly wrong. It's a tough one to call because we know the church will be persecuted in the end days, so anyone can claim that their persecution is a sign they are right when it could just be a rejection of what they are teaching.

The other big question to ask is, do they show the fruit of the Spirit? Do they act in love, are they humble, gentle, kind etc? If they speak great prophecies but have no love they are nothing (1Co13:2)

For myself, anyone making great claims of who and what they are is someone I would be very wary of - my first thoughts are typically that it shows a definite lack of humility. There are a number of people who claim they are one of the two witnesses, for example, but the ones I've come across make out they are very important figures in the end times. While there's no mistaking the witnesses will be important figures in the end times, the fact they are dressed in sackcloth shows humility. The people I have read who claim to be one of the witnesses typically lack this humility.

daughter
May 1st 2009, 02:15 PM
I could be wrong, but I get the impression that Brother Stair is a Oneness teacher.

kenramse
May 1st 2009, 04:39 PM
The internet is an amazing communication tool. With it you can participate in lively forums such as this one where you can hear first hand opinions and beliefs of many sincere people. You can also search the internet with many wonderful search engines that will give you much information on almost any topic imaginable. Instantaneous, real-time observations as well as archived messages and news-worthy reports about people and events is accessible and researchable.

Those same searches we make of the internet on most anything we can imagine can also be brought to bear on ministers and ministries. Each of us makes our own determination as to the credibility of ministers and ministries based upon whatever standard we choose to bring to bear. When making such searches though one should also account the credibility and veracity of the source that is "hit" upon when performing the search. A comparison and review of the sources we respond to will also add credibility and truthfulness to our judgement.

In the case of "Bro Stair" it is obvious that most credible sources and trustworthy reports show this individual to be misguided and worse, a sociopath as well as a sexual predator. His messages and teaching should therefore be avoided. Most of what he presents in his radio broadcasts and online are regurgetated doctrines of an earlier preacher whose colorful messages and meetings gathered thousands of followers worldwide into error, William Branham. If you want an understanding of Bro Stair's doctrine, you can check out the beliefs and belief system of The Branhamites. Curiously close to most Christian beliefs, Branham's messages are maintained by these followers and adhered to nearly as faithfully as scripture itself. There are many "Oneness" (look that up as well) groups that revere Branham and consider him a prophet of God.

crossnote
May 2nd 2009, 07:05 AM
Camping is one to stay clear of especially if you are a babe in the Lord. He can be heard on shortwave as well as KFRN -am in Southern Ca. area. He predicted the Lord's return in 1994...well? A proven false prophet. Now he is both saying that the Church age has ended and he recommends people not go to the established churches since according to him they are all in apostasy. Also he now is saying the end of the world will be Oct. 21, 2011. This all is blurring into a deja-vu.

Sojourner
May 2nd 2009, 10:11 AM
As for me, there are serveral men on TV that I have serious doubts about and some I have no doubts that they are charatans. The Bible warns us to "...try the spirits to see if they are of God". When the Apostle Paul was saying his goodbyes to the men he had labors with in the Gospel (et al) he wept because he knew what kind of men they were that should arise after him, men that would not spare the flock.

Case in point: "Reverend" Leroy Jenkins, and Popoff (spl?), and others their names escape me. I've had my doubts about that "Shepard's Chapel" guy, Murray somebody.

Be careful, look unto Jesus, not men.

VerticalReality
May 2nd 2009, 02:12 PM
Folks, this website does not permit the smearing of other people and their name. We do not know these people, we are not here to represent them and we are also not here to drag their name through the mud.

It's a simple command. Test the spirits. If someone and their teaching does not align with the Word of God then it is of another spirit. We can leave it at that.

This thread is closed . . .

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77