PDA

View Full Version : God commanding angels

ilovemetal
May 2nd 2009, 02:42 PM
does God let angels help us, here on earth, or can they decide to do it for themselves.

(for the record i believe angels can come in the form of people)

Firstfruits
May 2nd 2009, 02:56 PM
does God let angels help us, here on earth, or can they decide to do it for themselves.

(for the record i believe angels can come in the form of people)

Can you provide scripture with regards to what you believe?

Thanks and Welcome to the Forum.

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Windmill2000
May 2nd 2009, 03:43 PM
An angel will only do the will of the Father.... to do otherwise would be rebellion......just my thoughts.

BroRog
May 2nd 2009, 05:16 PM
An angel will only do the will of the Father.... to do otherwise would be rebellion......just my thoughts.

That being the case, we still have the question open as to whether Angels can act at their own initiative or not, assuming these self motivated actions are not against God's will.

DeadToSelf
May 2nd 2009, 06:34 PM
Well awhile back I put posted a thread asking, "If the angels only do the will of GOD why is it that the devil and all the angels that followed him rebelled against GOD?"

and someone replied saying, "Well then your view on angles only doing the will of GOD might be wrong." And going on to say, "Angles submit themselves to the will of GOD and only serve HIM on their will. But they don't want to rebel against HIM."

All this to say, I believe that the angels only do the WILL of GOD and all things that pleasing to HIM so unless GOD calls down an angel to come and help us then they will come, but only when they are called to do so.

That's just what I believe :)

Then it brings in the question, do we have guardian angels? :hmm:

σяєяυииєя
May 2nd 2009, 08:33 PM
Hi MΣƬΛᄂ;

That reminds me of this verse:

But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation? Hebrews 1:13,14.

Let brotherly love continue.

Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. Hebrews 13:1,2.

Pєαє

bagofseed
May 3rd 2009, 01:37 AM
Did not Jesus only say what he heard His Father say and do what He saw His Father do?

I wonder how often I am action without orders or speaking my own words rather the His?

crossnote
May 3rd 2009, 06:21 AM
Ilovemetal wrote: "(for the record i believe angels can come in the form of people)"

-then-

Can you provide scripture with regards to what you believe?

Let me give a hand on this one.

Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. (Heb 13:2)

Why 'unawares'? They were mistaken for regular people.

bagofseed
May 3rd 2009, 06:44 AM
Anyone have any experience with angels?

Firstfruits
May 3rd 2009, 10:44 AM
Ilovemetal wrote: "(for the record i believe angels can come in the form of people)"

-then-

Let me give a hand on this one.

Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. (Heb 13:2)

Why 'unawares'? They were mistaken for regular people.

Thanks Crossnote,

I was hoping that since it was belief, that Ilovemetal would have scriptures to affirm that belief.

God bless you!

Firstfruits

ilovemetal
May 3rd 2009, 09:18 PM
Thanks Crossnote,

I was hoping that since it was belief, that Ilovemetal would have scriptures to affirm that belief.

God bless you!

Firstfruits

sorry, i went away for the weekend, but here it is:

i've heard of stories, from reliable christians that angels/people have entered their lives, and then either dissapeared or done things of the supernatural type.

i went to mission fest and listened to a man named Bruce Olson, (he has a website if you want to read more) and he gave his testimony, during which he mentioned while he was captured by crazy army people and angel came to him and helped him, freed him, and dissappeared.

so, while i mostly have stories of various things from devout chrisitans, i'm basing most of what i believe on that. as far as verses, i'd have to look some up, but since i'm not agaist the supernatural, and angels, i think i can conclude that God is capable of sending angels, or even just putting certain ordinary people in our lives to help us along in whatever it may be.

thanks for the replies.

(also, you welcomed me, but i'mm not new;))

Josie
May 4th 2009, 12:12 AM
Matthew 1:24
When Joseph got up from his sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary as his wife.

I believe angels are Gods messengers and do as they are told.

ilovemetal
May 4th 2009, 05:18 AM
Matthew 1:24
When Joseph got up from his sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary as his wife.

I believe angels are Gods messengers and do as they are told.

yeah, i think i agree, only, to a certain extent; otherwise how did the 3rd of the angels fall away...hmmmm:hmm:

Windmill2000
May 4th 2009, 04:38 PM

As I said befrore an angel not doing Gods will is in rebellion.... thats where the one third of angels come in.

Dani H
May 4th 2009, 04:43 PM
Psalm 103:20 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=23&chapter=103&verse=20&version=50&context=verse)
Bless the LORD, you His angels,
Who excel in strength, who do His word, Heeding the voice of His word.

This tells me that angels move according to God's Word (and of course that is Jesus). I believe that when we proclaim God's Word and submit ourselves to it as we are led by the Spirit, angels heed that and respond accordingly. I really do believe that they are actively involved (still) in Jesus building His Church, just like they were back in the days that we now read about in Acts, and you see that happen as a response to believing prayer (such as when Peter was in jail, and people prayed fervently for him, and the next thing you know *poof*, there is an angel getting him out). :)

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77