PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Can God Change?

manichunter
May 4th 2009, 02:52 PM
Can God Change?

I mean can anything about God change to include elements like His character, will, mind, plan, and persona.

I do not believe that God could change anything about Himself but the emotions He displays and experiences in His relationships with His children. I mean God is happy with us one moment and then angry the next depending on our behavior and attitude.

Things like His character and persona cannot change. He will forever be holy, without sin or anything corrupt about him. He can do nothing else but love.
Le 11:45 (http://www.studylight.org/desk/?query=le+11:45&translation=nas&st=1&new=1&sr=1&l=en) -`For I am the LORD who brought you up from the land of Egypt to be your God; thus you shall be holy, for I am holy.' "

His will or plan cannot change. It has be spoken from the end to the beginning, hence we are walking into it.
Isa 46:10 (http://www.studylight.org/desk/?query=isa+46:10&translation=nas&st=1&new=1&sr=1&l=en) - Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things which have not been done, Saying, `My purpose will be established, And I will accomplish all My good pleasure'; Why do some believe things that actually change these elements about God other than how He emotionally response to our actions towards Him. Some say God had a change in plans, modified His will, had a change in mind, and decided to do new things. Can anything be new or old to a person who cannot change.

How can God have a new thought, will, and plan if He is perfect?
1Sa 15:29 (http://www.studylight.org/desk/?query=1sa+15:29&translation=nas&st=1&new=1&sr=1&l=en) -"Also the Glory of Israel will not lie or change His mind; for He is not a man that He should change His mind."

Mal 3:6 (http://www.studylight.org/desk/?query=mal+3:6&translation=nas&st=1&new=1&sr=1&l=en) - "For I, the LORD, do not change; therefore you, O sons of Jacob, are not consumed.

I say God cannot and will not change. If God changed His will and plan then He is less than perfect...................... Has God's plan to redeem mankind from sin and death always been the same? Yes, then what is up with all this old and new this and that.............

What say you?

-SEEKING-
May 4th 2009, 03:13 PM
Can God Change?

I believe so. He can do anything he wants.

apothanein kerdos
May 4th 2009, 03:14 PM
The essence of the plan of salvation has always remained the same as has the mechanism of salvation (via belief in the Messiah). However, the physical manifestation of such faith, that is, how that faith is displayed has changed.

Likewise, God's essence doesn't change and that which is tied up in His essence doesn't change, but it's hard to say that certain aspects of His Will don't change or that He is unchangeable in every aspect of the word, lest we run into problems with the Incarnation. :)

Vhayes
May 4th 2009, 03:16 PM
His Integrity, His Being do not change. the way He deals with mankind does.

Seriously Mani, are you led by a physical pillar of cloud? Do you walk in the Garden with God as did Adam and Eve before the fall? Do you have a physical tabernacle where the glory of the Lord "lives"?

manichunter
May 4th 2009, 03:28 PM
Seriously Mani, are you led by a physical pillar of cloud? Do you walk in the Garden with God as did Adam and Eve before the fall? Do you have a physical tabernacle where the glory of the Lord "lives"?

Some oftThose things are emblems and types for things that are spiritual in heaven, hence permanent and real. The physical tabernacle is temporal just as my body is now until its glorification. There is a temple in the next creation. I believe Yeshua would still walk with people in gardens......... That pillar of fire is now in my heart............... But these are not the things I refer to when I say God cannot change.

I am talking about His person, not His actions. His actions come from His person, but not every situations requires the same actions. Each event is isolated and tailored to meet the need of that event. Time and season has a place in this as well.

Vhayes
May 4th 2009, 03:32 PM
Some oftThose things are emblems and types for things that are spiritual in heaven, hence permanent and real. The physical tabernacle is temporal just as my body is now until its glorification. There is a temple in the next creation. I believe Yeshua would still walk with people in gardens......... That pillar of fire is now in my heart............... But these are not the things I refer to when I say God cannot change.

I am talking about His person, not His actions. His actions come from His person, but not every situations requires the same actions. Each event is isolated and tailored to meet the need of that event. Time and season has a place in this as well.
They ARE types. Types of Christ - word pictures.

The Law was a word picture to point the Hebrews to Christ. It was a tutor to teach them about Christ so they would recognize Him when He came.

manichunter
May 4th 2009, 03:34 PM
They ARE types. Types of Christ - word pictures.

The Law was a word picture to point the Hebrews to Christ. It was a tutor to teach them about Christ so they would recognize Him when He came.

yes indeed........

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77