PDA

View Full Version : The Manifest Presence of God

ZAB
May 4th 2009, 07:19 PM
As we all know, God is omnipresent, that is, He exists everywhere at all times (Jer 23:24; Ps 139:7-13). However, He also specially reveals Himself and manifests Himself and His glory. One of the words for "presence" means, "a turning of the face towards". WOW! John 14:21 says, "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him." This word here for "manifest" is "emphanizo", and means "to exhibit in person, to appear, to declare plainly, to show or signify, to make known." It is the same general meaning of 2 Timohty 4:22, "The Lord Jesus Christ be with thy spirit. Grace be with you. Amen."
In Exodus 33:11, it says that the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto His friend! Well, couldn't this sort of manifestation be possible for us? Yes! But how do we enter in?

1. Allow (choose) it. There will always be a schism in the spirit between believers who choose to press on into Jesus, and those who, for whatever reason, do not. We see this clearly in Luke 10:38-42. Martha was cumbered about with serving and was upset with Mary for sitting at Jesus' feet. Jesus validated her, however, and said, "Mary hath chosen that good part..." We too must choose it.
David and Saul are another example. Saul started out humble, but did not have the heart of David. David alone prayed, "My soul followeth hard after thee (Ps 63:8). He had the heart of the bride, "One thing have I desired, and that will I seek after, that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life..." (Ps 27:4). Do we desire Jesus to manifest Himself to us. Well, are we His disciples? Have we chosen to follow Him despite natural discomforts and worldly opinions?

2. We must walk in holiness (Rom 2:10). Do not use grace for lasciviousness (Jude 4). On the contrary, grace is to teach us to deny ungodliness and worldly lusts (Tit 2:11-12). The Bible says in Psalm 140:13, "the upright shall dwell in Thy presence". God has standards (Jas 4:8). He didn't reveal Himself to the multitudes (Matt 13:10-11), although many of them were believers. They were not committed. They simply came for a little bread and fish and then went home. They weren't willing to follow Him into the boat and through the storm. This must have been hard for the disciples to endure, but the reward was getting to see Him calm the wind and waves! How intersting that at Jesus' glorious transfiguration, only three of the disciples were there, and one of whom the Bible calls, the discple "whom Jesus loved", and the one who laid his head upon Jesus' bosom (Jn 13:23). They simply made themselves especially vulnerable to the Lord and His dealings, and thus were blessed with His glory. The same remains true today. Hebrews 12:14 says, "Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord..."

3. We must live lives of repentance. An unrepentant heart will be one plagued with the sin of apathy! We can easily be unrepentant Christians, all we must do is continually ignore God's wooing, and continue to live for the empty pleasures of sin. However, this kind of lifestlye can never facilitate the level of intimacy that you and I were created for. Obedience is a requirement for walking with God in His presence: "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord" (Acts 3:19). It wasn't until after Adam and Eve sinned that they hid themselves from the presence of the Lord.

4. We must participate and partake. It's not enough to just sit by and watch (Luke 13:26), but rather, we need to be like Moses and allow God's glory to alter our flesh. Participating and partaking is what defines "walking" with God (Mic 6:8). It denotes action. We cannot remain idle. We must progress in our hearts: "Arise my love, my fair one, and come away (Song 2:14). Hebrews 10:22 says, ""Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water."

5. Psalm 100 outlines this whole process:
- Make a joyful noise unto the Lord
- Serve the Lord with gladness (Rom 12:1-2 - priestly service)
- Come before His presence with singing (Ps 22:3 says, thou "inhabitest the praises of Israel").
- Know ye that the Lord, He is God, and that He hath made us (Heb 11:6)
- We are His people, and the sheep of His pasture. In other words, He must be your shepherd (Ps 23:2).
- Enter into His gates with thanksgiving (Col 3:16-17)
- Enter into His courts with praise (Ps 95:2)
- Be thankful unto Him (Ps 103:2; Heb 13:14-15) and
- bless His name (Jas 4:8)
- vs. 5 - "for the Lord is good; and His mercy is everlasting; and His truth endureth to all generations." In other words, know His heart for you! Be confident that He is able to create what is lacking (Exod 25:21-22; Jude 24).

This is the means by which we enter into the joy of His manifest presence!

Ta-An
May 4th 2009, 07:33 PM
G_d's manifest presence is called Shekinah or Shekinah-glory, like was between the two angels on the ark of the covenant in the most holy place. :)

ZAB
May 4th 2009, 07:40 PM
correct you are, thanks for your input :)
We too are progressing through that final veil, into God's glory, where Jesus our forerunner has already entered (Heb 6:19-20), made a high priest forever after the order of Melchizedek.

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77