PDA

View Full Version : Past?

DPMartin
May 5th 2009, 04:56 PM
Should a man be condemned to his past? He who condemns another, to the otherís past, then should the one who condemns, receive what he has given?

-SEEKING-
May 5th 2009, 05:21 PM
1. No
2. SAY WHAT?

jsph110
May 5th 2009, 05:30 PM
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ, the Bible says. When satan reminds me of my past, this verse works best, a verse that God brought into my life when i needed it. see the Bible says we don't fight against flesh and blood but principalities and powers. so when my friend was accusing me of my past, i new it was not him but the enemy using him to make me lose my joy. I told him this verse and he shut up, keep using the sword of The Spirit like Jesus in the wilderness until the devil flees. (resist the devil and he shall flee from you, says the word):

Isaiah 43:18-28 (King James Version)

18Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. 19Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

May God give us the grace to fight the good fight. Apostle Paul had a very bad past by the way, if you wanna know what it means that "if anyone is in Christ, He is a new creation, the old has gone and the new has come".

DPMartin
May 6th 2009, 03:39 PM
Seeking & Isph110
Thanks for the replies

There is no disagreement my friends in Christ in whereof you speak, but the question is, do we treat others of the same? Or do we in our hearts condemn others, do to their past, even if it effected us, or offended us directly?

The hearts of men are always seeking to steal God’s Right of Judgement in His Holy Name. When it is God’s Judgement of Mercy and Truth unto the world in the name given, Jesus Christ. Not one bird falls to the ground without God’s Knowledge thereof. Not one hair on one’s head is unknown to God. Who shall judge what will be, and who shall judge what ought to be? And according to what? And who’s will shall prevail?

Been guilty of the same, in the past, hopefully not in the future. And Hope to express the concern to others.

TrophyofGrace
May 6th 2009, 05:05 PM
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ, the Bible says. When satan reminds me of my past, this verse works best, a verse that God brought into my life when i needed it. see the Bible says we don't fight against flesh and blood but principalities and powers. so when my friend was accusing me of my past, i new it was not him but the enemy using him to make me lose my joy. I told him this verse and he shut up, keep using the sword of The Spirit like Jesus in the wilderness until the devil flees. (resist the devil and he shall flee from you, says the word):

Isaiah 43:18-28 (King James Version)

18Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. 19Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

May God give us the grace to fight the good fight. Apostle Paul had a very bad past by the way, if you wanna know what it means that "if anyone is in Christ, He is a new creation, the old has gone and the new has come".

The first thing that came to my mind when I read this post is something I've heard my Pastor say:

When Satan reminds you of your past, remind him of his future!

The second thing that came to my mind was Psalm 130:3 -

Ps 130:3 If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?
Ps 130:4 But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.
Ps 130:5 ∂ I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.

Should a man be condemned because of his past? No, but issues of judgment and forgiveness (or lack thereof) are something I think we're going to have to work on until we reach Glory.

Ro 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

theBelovedDisciple
May 6th 2009, 06:04 PM
Seeking & Isph110
Thanks for the replies

There is no disagreement my friends in Christ in whereof you speak, but the question is, do we treat others of the same? Or do we in our hearts condemn others, do to their past, even if it effected us, or offended us directly?

The hearts of men are always seeking to steal Godís Right of Judgement in His Holy Name. When it is Godís Judgement of Mercy and Truth unto the world in the name given, Jesus Christ. Not one bird falls to the ground without Godís Knowledge thereof. Not one hair on oneís head is unknown to God. Who shall judge what will be, and who shall judge what ought to be? And according to what? And whoís will shall prevail?

Been guilty of the same, in the past, hopefully not in the future. And Hope to express the concern to others.

I can see where your coming from...

I used to be a drunk and vile person... and now when I see other people who resemble and take on the same characteristics that I brought forth when I walked in darkness...

my first reaction is to judge them and condemn them... BUT

then He genlty reminds me.... that when I was in that Position... He didn't condemn and judge me.. but loved me unconditionally and He Saved Me when I cried out for Him...

and He gently reminds me to

Love them as I Loved you.... and that even loving them when they don't deserve it.. or seem 'unloveable'.....

Christ Loves the Un loveable.. and you can too.. thru Him... without judging them and condemning them....

DPMartin
May 7th 2009, 10:25 PM
The responses are assume, I would like to take it a step further.............

May be one should consider that the Lordís prayer "The our Father". That it is the answer to the Prayer in and of itself. For if we walk in that prayer alone, you can not help but walk in Faith and do the work of the Father as Jesus has taught. If you look at all the work and writings of the Apostle Paul you can see that "The our Father" is Paulís walk. And did not Jesus give the daily bread, the Word of Life to anyone who cared to know. And did He not forgive everything that was before Him that many were healed amongst many other things. Consider what the perfect Jesus has to forgive you on a daily basis just to be present with you, that you may live with Him, or be in His presences.

I am sure we all fall way short in, forgive to be forgiven. Therefore there is Grace. That we may learn again to forgive. To forgive to be forgiven is truly the work that can not be done without the Lord Jesus. And if we do not tolerate, and do not condemn, but forgive, then surly we would be a peculiar people of the Lord our God. For the world tolerates for itís own interests, and condemns for itís own interests, but those that forgive, forgive because it is Godís First Choice to Forgive. Which stands and is of His strength, for any other reason is insufficient. Therefore the work is in His Grace and no other.

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77