PDA

View Full Version : The Whales Legs

Master Jake
May 6th 2009, 09:11 PM
OK, so Satan was being stupid as snake and God removed his legs. So now snakes crawl around on their belly, but some snakes still have leg bones inside them. At least I know a Biblical reference to decipher why.

So I found today in this biology book that QUOTE
"Whales have a vestigial pelvis that serves no apparent function. This pelvis is a remnant of the whale's evolutionary past."

Can someone give me some scripture explaining what might have happened to the whale. This seems pretty close to what happened to the snake.

divaD
May 6th 2009, 09:24 PM
OK, so Satan was being stupid as snake and God removed his legs. So now snakes crawl around on their belly, but some snakes still have leg bones inside them. At least I know a Biblical reference to decipher why.

"Whales have a vestigial pelvis that serves no apparent function. This pelvis is a remnant of the whale's evolutionary past."

Can someone give me some scripture explaining what might have happened to the whale. This seems pretty close to what happened to the snake.

I seem to have watched something like this on the History Ch a cpl of days ago. It was so nonsensical, that I turned the ch. But the little bit I did catch, apparently millions of yrs ago, whales were predominately land creatures that walked upright, that was until evolution caused them to evolve into sea creatures. Like I stated...I turned the ch when they started talking that nonsense. Gen ch 1 distinctly tells us that God created whales, and that they were water creatures. But of course, most of us already knew that...well except for some of those confused scientists.

Master Jake
May 6th 2009, 09:26 PM
I seem to have watched something like this on the History Ch a cpl of days ago. It was so nonsensical, that I turned the ch. But the little bit I did catch, apparently millions of yrs ago, whales were predominately land creatures that walked upright, that was until evolution caused them to evolve into sea creatures. Like I stated...I turned the ch when they started talking that nonsense. Gen ch 1 distinctly tells us that God created whales, and that they were water creatures. But of course, most of us already knew that...well except for some of those confused scientists.

So there's no past history of whales in the Bible? God must have just gotten bored and decided to put a pelvis in knowing it would confuse those foolish scientists :D I know I would ^.^ (PS - I'm not being sarcastic)

divaD
May 6th 2009, 09:53 PM
So there's no past history of whales in the Bible?

If there are, then I guess I missed it. But even if it were true, these scientists never gave God credit for creating whales in the first place. That alone, plus the fact that they're talking millions of yrs ago, causes me to discern their findings as nonsense. Had they at least given God credit for creating whales, perhaps then I would have found their findings a little more credible.

Master Jake
May 6th 2009, 10:02 PM
If there are, then I guess I missed it. But even if it were true, these scientists never gave God credit for creating whales in the first place. That alone, plus the fact that they're talking millions of yrs ago, causes me to discern their findings as nonsense. Had they at least given God credit for creating whales, perhaps then I would have found their findings a little more credible.

It is substantial Biblical fact that earth as we know it has only been here for about 6,000 years, correct? In that case, yes they are extremely unintelligent on the matter thinking that they can date back millions or even billions of years ago.

divaD
May 6th 2009, 10:32 PM
It is substantial Biblical fact that earth as we know it has only been here for about 6,000 years, correct? In that case, yes they are extremely unintelligent on the matter thinking that they can date back millions or even billions of years ago.

Even if the earth were millions of yrs old, and that there was a gap between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2, this doesn't solve the problem with the whales. The Bible makes it clear that God created whales on day 5. There is no way to fit this day in between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2, since day 5 occurs after Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 in the chronology of events. Plus, there is nowhere that states that God recreated whales, or that they had evolved from walking land dwellers, into sea creatures.

I wonder why, if whales used to be land dwellers, why is it that when they wash upon shore, they usually die? Even if they can no longer walk upright, they shouldn't have any problems living outside of the water, if they could in the past. Seals and turtles come to mind, as well as snakes. These all can live both in and out of the water. I wonder why whales no longer can? Simple..they never could in the first place. Just my opinion of course.:)

Master Jake
May 6th 2009, 10:38 PM
Even if the earth were millions of yrs old, and that there was a gap between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2, this doesn't solve the problem with the whales. The Bible makes it clear that God created whales on day 5. There is no way to fit this day in between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2, since day 5 occurs after Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 in the chronology of events. Plus, there is nowhere that states that God recreated whales, or that they had evolved from walking land dwellers, into sea creatures.

I wonder why, if whales used to be land dwellers, why is it that when they wash upon shore, they usually die? Even if they can no longer walk upright, they shouldn't have any problems living outside of the water, if they could in the past. Seals and turtles come to mind, as well as snakes. These all can live both in and out of the water. I wonder why whales no longer can? Simple..they never could in the first place. Just my opinion of course.:)

Good job :) I just may have also found a contradiction to evolution as well. According to evolution, all life started in the water. Eventually water creatures started to develop land-living abilities (the first amphibians, vertebrates, etc.)

Now, this science states that the whale use to be a land-walker and then went into the sea and became sea creature. WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD IT DO THAT??? It came from the sea to begin with according to this science so why would it go back after being land-creature. Maybe the other animals made fun of it cause it was big :D so it was like "screw this I'm going back to the sea"

teddyv
May 6th 2009, 10:41 PM

Ultimately if you are going to request Biblical support for every scientific finding or piece of technology, you are going to have a lot more problems than just vestigial legs on whales.

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77