PDA

View Full Version : The Heaven & Hell System

Master Jake
May 6th 2009, 09:31 PM
OK, so I have no clue how this works really. I picture like a layed out foundation system with specific rules and no ways to get past.

Do you have to be repented up to the time you committed your last sin to get into to heaven if you die?

EX: Say you cuss or something, then you repent, then you suddenly die by a bus running you over. You go to heaven, you've repented, God doesn't remember any sins cause you didn't have time to commit another one before you died, so you get into heaven.

EX 2 (opposite): Say you just got done repenting, you see the bus coming, you cuss cause you know your about to get owned, then you die. You go to heaven, didn't have time to repent for that sin you just committed, God remembers it, you go to hell.

That's how I picture the system being all layed out like that. This would, however, mean that people with piercings and tattoos immediately go to hell upon death. This is because, it is a strict rule in the Bible not to pierce or harm the body.

This means, since you have a piericing (which isn't going away) you are passively sinning (constantly sinning). This means it is impossible to repent because you sin 1 life-frame after you repent and death occurs on that life-frame after events take place. Automatic hell.

Anyone wanna spread some words of how you think or know this system works so I can clear my head? Personally, I got my ear peirced about a year back (I don't wear it anymore), but I'm still passivly sinning because the whole inside really never goes away so I'll be going straight to hell when I die if this is true.

Edit: Please don't come on here asking me to back this up. The entire point of the topic was opinion not actual biblical reference. I'm not saying this is how it's done I'm just saying it might be (though I'm hoping it's not). Also, if you need some Biblical references, try the one about not harming your body and the one about God forgetting your sins when you repent.

Butch5
May 6th 2009, 09:39 PM
OK, so I have no clue how this works really. I picture like a layed out foundation system with specific rules and no ways to get past.

Do you have to be repented up to the time you committed your last sin to get into to heaven if you die?

EX: Say you cuss or something, then you repent, then you suddenly die by a bus running you over. You go to heaven, you've repented, God doesn't remember any sins cause you didn't have time to commit another one before you died, so you get into heaven.

EX 2 (opposite): Say you just got done repenting, you see the bus coming, you cuss cause you know your about to get owned, then you die. You go to heaven, didn't have time to repent for that sin you just committed, God remembers it, you go to hell.

That's how I picture the system being all layed out like that. This would, however, mean that people with piercings and tattoos immediately go to hell upon death. This is because, it is a strict rule in the Bible not to pierce or harm the body.

This means, since you have a piericing (which isn't going away) you are passively sinning (constantly sinning). This means it is impossible to repent because you sin 1 life-frame after you repent and death occurs on that life-frame after events take place. Automatic hell.

Anyone wanna spread some words of how you think or know this system works so I can clear my head? Personally, I got my ear peirced about a year back (I don't wear it anymore), but I'm still passivly sinning because the whole inside really never goes away so I'll be going straight to hell when I die if this is true.

Edit: Please don't come on here asking me to back this up. The entire point of the topic was opinion not actual biblical reference. I'm not saying this is how it's done I'm just saying it might be (though I'm hoping it's not). Also, if you need some Biblical references, try the one about not harming your body and the one about God forgetting your sins when you repent.

That's not how it works Jake, those who are "in Christ" are safe, they are not going to hell. Paul said there is therefore now no condemnation to them who are in Christ Jesus. Yes we are to confess our sins to God, however He is not sitting there waiting for us to mess up. We are in a loving relationship with God the Father through Christ. The one who goes to hell is the one who rejects Christ, not the one who messes up and sins on occasion.

embankmentlb
May 6th 2009, 09:45 PM
That's not how it works Jake, those who are "in Christ" are safe, they are not going to hell. Paul said there is therefore now no condemnation to them who are in Christ Jesus. Yes we are to confess our sins to God, however He is not sitting there waiting for us to mess up. We are in a loving relationship with God the Father through Christ. The one who goes to hell is the one who rejects Christ, not the one who messes up and sins on occasion.
Do you confess your sins to God for your benefit or for God's? That is, to let God know you did a sin or is it to let God know you know you did a sin?

Windmill2000
May 6th 2009, 09:49 PM
Dosen't the bible say "if we have no sin we decieve ourselves"

Question.... Is there ever a time in our life when we are without sin?

If there is then we are sinless and that would mean that Jesus was not the only sinless person.

In my opinion Jesus was the only one that had no sin.

So your question regarding not having time to repent of something before we die refers to every living person.

My answer hansent been worded too well but I hope you get my drift.

Butch5
May 6th 2009, 09:50 PM
Do you confess your sins to God for your benefit or for God's? That is, to let God know you did a sin or is it to let God know you know you did a sin?

Since God knows all things, it would be the latter.

embankmentlb
May 6th 2009, 09:53 PM
Since God knows all things, it would be the latter.
Then wouldn't he know that you know?

Athanasius
May 6th 2009, 09:55 PM

Absolutely - why did God call out to Adam in Eden if God already knew where Adam was?

Master Jake
May 6th 2009, 09:56 PM

Phew, that's a relief. You seem very confident in your answer :]

Yes, I confess :D I know I sin... a lot and am unworthy of God's love though he gives me it anyway.

Question.... Is there ever a time in our life when we are without sin?

If there is then we are sinless and that would mean that Jesus was not the only sinless person.

In my opinion Jesus was the only one that had no sin.

So your question regarding not having time to repent of something before we die refers to every living person.

My answer hansent been worded too well but I hope you get my drift.

I understood and got your drift :) I like to think there are times in life when people aren't passively sinning. I know we are not completely without sin but I think that at times we are freshly forgiven and clean scaled.

Butch5
May 7th 2009, 02:04 AM

Yes, He knows that I know. However, by confessing I am admitting to God that I have acted against His will. I am admitting guilt.

Dani H
May 7th 2009, 03:19 AM
Yes, I confess :D I know I sin... a lot and am unworthy of God's love though he gives me it anyway.

Urr? God so loved the world, that He gave His Son to die for us while we're yet sinners. Not because we're unworthy of God's love. But because He loves us, simply because we're here, and because He made it as simple and straightforward for us as it can get for us to be brought out of our sin and back to Himself. Of course you're worthy of God's love. You may not have earned it, but love can't be earned anyway. It just is. And we love Him, because He first loved us.

Toymom
May 8th 2009, 01:46 PM
First of all, the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from every sin. 1John 1:7
That includes all sins - big ones, small ones those we were aware of, and those we may not have been aware of, those we remember, those we have forgotton, those we have confessed and those we have not confessed.

Second, the verses about tatoos and piercings are referring to ritual cutting and marking of the flesh for the dead - it was some sort of pagan practice that had to do with a pagan ritual that was forbidden in the Bible. That is not the same as today's merely decorative tatoos and piercings.

Third, if you read the Bible, Revelation 21 and 22 tell us that our ultimate destination is not to "go to heaven" but it is to become part of the New Jerusalem. All believers will ultimately be a part of the New Jerusalem.

crossnote
May 10th 2009, 05:56 AM
As it has been said, even our best works are sin stained and need to be repented of.
I'm glad His Blood continually flows through and breaks up the damming process that goes on so often in my heart.

Equipped_4_Love
May 10th 2009, 06:01 AM
Of course you're worthy of God's love.

Can you give Scriptural evidence to back this up? I still fervently believe that I am unworthy of both God's love and grace.

Toymom
May 10th 2009, 06:16 PM
Of course you're worthy of God's love.

Can you give Scriptural evidence to back this up? I still fervently believe that I am unworthy of both God's love and grace.
In your old man, your self, you are not worthy. None of us are worthy. That is why He is merciful.
In His mercy, the Lord loves us and forgives us. Once we are born again and Christ lives in us, we have His righteousness. In Him, we are worthy.

RabbiKnife
May 12th 2009, 06:27 PM
Jesus' blood does not "Continually flow." Hebrews teaches us that Jesus' sacrifice was "once and for all."

Jesus' sacrifice paid the penalty for all sin for all time. Going to heaven or hell is not about paying for sin.

Going to heaven or hell is about having a relationship with God or not, not about paying for sin.

Sin is an infinite offense to an infinite holy God. Man is finite in quality and cannot "pay" for sin, even if he "pays" for it forever, as each moment after the last "payment" requires another payment.

Christ, being infinite in both time and nature, was able to somehow pay the ultimate penalty in a finite period of time. The sin issue is dealt with.

The issue now is relationship through faith.

JWayne
May 12th 2009, 06:47 PM
Exactly! Execellent point, and dead on!

thepenitent
May 13th 2009, 02:15 PM
Jesus' blood does not "Continually flow." Hebrews teaches us that Jesus' sacrifice was "once and for all."

Jesus' sacrifice paid the penalty for all sin for all time. Going to heaven or hell is not about paying for sin.

Going to heaven or hell is about having a relationship with God or not, not about paying for sin.

Sin is an infinite offense to an infinite holy God. Man is finite in quality and cannot "pay" for sin, even if he "pays" for it forever, as each moment after the last "payment" requires another payment.

Christ, being infinite in both time and nature, was able to somehow pay the ultimate penalty in a finite period of time. The sin issue is dealt with.

The issue now is relationship through faith.

Good response. One can't repeat the distinctions between justification and sanctification enough. We don't continually confess, repent and try to live better, more Godly, lives because we think we HAVE to (to keep our Heaven tickets puched) we do it because we WANT to, to express our gratitude and joy in what we know we have been freely given.

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77