PDA

View Full Version : Heaven

djh22
May 24th 2009, 04:08 PM
Do you believe your pet animals will go to heaven ?

djh22

Anje
May 24th 2009, 04:14 PM
No, I don't believe animals have souls. I could be wrong though. It has happened on occasion.:) But I've never seen anything in the bible about animals going to heaven.

MLC
May 24th 2009, 10:31 PM
Well, i would say animals don't have spirits, there is nothing eternal in them other than the matter they are made of. Animals are simply biological machines, they do not have a consciousness in the sense that you or I have it. Plants, insects, dolphins, etc.. are all the same in that sense, just like dirt, (and that is what they are, "dirt", just like our physical bodies), intelligence has nothing to do with it. They are on this earth for God to display his glory to us, for humans to have authority over, and for God to bless us.

Though i'm sure a lot of animal lovers won't like this view, (and i love animals too) but the bible simply doesn't say anything otherwise. This isn't a "sad" view, it is simply nature. We are to be good stewards of them (as the bible states) and animals can give us joy, they are blessings from God; but if you want any type of animal to go to heaven, using the same logic the dead skin we scratch off would have to go to heaven since other than humans no form of life is superior to another.

karenoka27
May 24th 2009, 10:47 PM
I do not believe that all dogs go to heaven...;)

Ecclesiastes 3:21-"Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?"

I do believe,however,that there are animals in heaven created for that purpose:

Revelation 19:14-"And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean."

djh22
May 25th 2009, 10:18 AM
That's OK then I have allergies and I can't stand spiders and snakes. Lol.

djh22.

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77