PDA

View Full Version : Can people curse other people?

HisWill
Jul 9th 2009, 08:19 AM
Hi
Someone asked me this question and I am not 100% sure what to tell them. The person wanted to know if someone can cast or speak a curse over them and whether that curse could actually impact their lives.
With curse I am referring to a personís health or marriage being cursed Ė and due to the curse, the personís health or marriage is actually impacted i.e. being cursed with a sickness of some sort and then actually falling sick.
Can you let me know what your thoughts are given these two scenarios:
1. Can someone speak a curse over a reborn Christianís life that impacts his/her lives. My opinion is no, I believe we are covered by the Blood of the Lamb and do not have to fear any curses from anyone (both in the natural and supernatural)

2. Can someone speak a curse over someoneís life that is not a Christian?
Thanks!

Firstfruits
Jul 9th 2009, 09:15 AM
Hi
Someone asked me this question and I am not 100% sure what to tell them. The person wanted to know if someone can cast or speak a curse over them and whether that curse could actually impact their lives.
With curse I am referring to a personís health or marriage being cursed Ė and due to the curse, the personís health or marriage is actually impacted i.e. being cursed with a sickness of some sort and then actually falling sick.
1. Can someone speak a curse over a reborn Christianís life that impacts his/her lives. My opinion is no, I believe we are covered by the Blood of the Lamb and do not have to fear any curses from anyone (both in the natural and supernatural)

Thanks!

People can curse people but it would only affect the person that is cursing.

Gen 27:29 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=1&CHAP=27&SEARCH=jesus king lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=29) Let people serve thee, and nations bow down to thee: be lord over thy brethren, and let thy mother's sons bow down to thee: cursed be every one that curseth thee, and blessed be he that blesseth thee.

What the person doing the cursing expects for the other person is likely to happen to them.

God bless you!

Firstfruits

tango
Jul 9th 2009, 12:32 PM
Not entirely true Firstfruits, that promise is a specific promise from one man to another.

It is possible to curse other people, and it is possible for that curse to have a very real effect on them. I occasionally did that kind of thing in my pre-Christian days.

I never attempted to curse a Christian so can't say from first-hand experience whether it would work or not. I would expect a Christian who is walking with the Lord to be protected from that kind of thing, but even so it's something I'd be wary of.

Even knowing that Jesus is stronger than anything the devil can throw at me, I wouldn't "put my fingers through the bars" so to speak.

A lot of people think of blessing and cursing as quaint relics of bygone ages, but it's not for nothing James writes about the tongue:

Jas 3:5-10 NKJV Even so the tongue is a little member and boasts great things. See how great a forest a little fire kindles! (6) And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell. (7) For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and creature of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by mankind. (8) But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. (9) With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude of God. (10) Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so.

The power of words is much greater than people often realise.

RabbiKnife
Jul 9th 2009, 12:47 PM
No, you cannot curse another person.

Firstfruits
Jul 9th 2009, 01:36 PM
Not entirely true Firstfruits, that promise is a specific promise from one man to another.

It is possible to curse other people, and it is possible for that curse to have a very real effect on them. I occasionally did that kind of thing in my pre-Christian days.

I never attempted to curse a Christian so can't say from first-hand experience whether it would work or not. I would expect a Christian who is walking with the Lord to be protected from that kind of thing, but even so it's something I'd be wary of.

Even knowing that Jesus is stronger than anything the devil can throw at me, I wouldn't "put my fingers through the bars" so to speak.

A lot of people think of blessing and cursing as quaint relics of bygone ages, but it's not for nothing James writes about the tongue:

Jas 3:5-10 NKJV Even so the tongue is a little member and boasts great things. See how great a forest a little fire kindles! (6) And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell. (7) For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and creature of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by mankind. (8) But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. (9) With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude of God. (10) Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so.

The power of words is much greater than people often realise.

Does it not depend on the belief of the person being cursed as to wether or not they are affected?

Firstfruits

Bladers
Jul 9th 2009, 04:20 PM

Yes you can curse other people, it happened all the time in the Bible.

Some scenarios:

When Elisha cursed 40 children in the name of the Lord.
Because Elisha was a prophet with a double portion of God's Spirit, His words did not fall to the floor.
Those 40 children got killed by a bear!

Numbers 22:12 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=4&chapter=22&verse=12&version=9&context=verse)
"And God said unto Balaam, Thou shalt not go with them; thou shalt not curse the people: for they are blessed."

God didnt want Balaam to curse his people, because he knew the curse will happen. So God forbade him.
Blessing and Curses are real. It can either be from the demonic realm or the Holy realm.

David Taylor
Jul 9th 2009, 04:33 PM
1. Can someone speak a curse over a reborn Christianís life that impacts his/her lives.

I would answer your question with these Scriptures.

Matthew 5:44 "I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you"

Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Galatians 3:13 "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith."

I Peter 3:13 "And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good? But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled; But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ. For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing. For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God"

Romans 8:31 "If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Firefighter
Jul 9th 2009, 04:34 PM
Yes you can curse other people, it happened all the time in the Bible.

Some scenarios:

When Elisha cursed 40 children in the name of the Lord.
Because Elisha was a prophet with a double portion of God's Spirit, His words did not fall to the floor.
Those 40 children got killed by a bear!

Numbers 22:12 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=4&chapter=22&verse=12&version=9&context=verse)
"And God said unto Balaam, Thou shalt not go with them; thou shalt not curse the people: for they are blessed."

God didnt want Balaam to curse his people, because he knew the curse will happen. So God forbade him.
Blessing and Curses are real. It can either be from the demonic realm or the Holy realm.

Allow me to rephrase in Rabbi's absence...

No, you cannot curse another person in the NT church.

Bladers
Jul 9th 2009, 04:46 PM
Allow me to rephrase in Rabbi's absence...

No, you cannot curse another person in the NT church.

No i'm not saying that christians should go around cursing people.
But the fact is, curses are real.
I'm talking about what the bible says about curses, they are real.
What you say as a christian are powerful as tango proved through the scriptures.

Also remember that Jesus cursed a fig-tree and it withered away.

Romans 12:14 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=52&chapter=12&verse=14&version=9&context=verse)
"Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not."

The Mighty Sword
Jul 9th 2009, 04:52 PM
Hi

Thanks!

Personally I believe that is where a generational curse begins.

theBelovedDisciple
Jul 9th 2009, 05:07 PM
From Romans... the hand of Paul.. under the Inspiration of the Holy Ghost...

Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.

theBelovedDisciple
Jul 9th 2009, 05:15 PM
The Words of Jesus the Christ...

His Words...

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Dani H
Jul 9th 2009, 05:44 PM
Curses are real. But, God still holds everyone accountable for their own sin.

If you read the story of Baalam trying to pronounce curses upon Israel, you will find that he was unsuccessful. BUT ... Israel did curse Israel by their own disobedience to God's laws. God was very specific in Deuteronomy how curses and blessings happen.

Oftentimes, we give outside people way too much credit, and we also very often like to blame everyone else in the sin/curse game. It doesn't work that way. While the acts of our parents and our environment may be of influence on us, we all have our own decisions to make before God, and we are all accountable to Him for our own behavior.

If you look through the curtain, a curse amounts to not much more than loosing certain spiritual forces upon a person's life. But even the devil himself can only do so much if we remain obedient to God and honor Him with our lives.

Yes, life and death IS in the power of the tongue, and we can do great harm to people by the words we speak, even though we may not be formally "cursing" them as we understand witchcraft and so forth to happen. Regular words spoken in hatred or anger can do far greater damage than some witches' curse, especially if done so over a period of time.

Certainly you can break curses' in Jesus' name. But if your personal behavior dishonors God day in and day out, then all the supposed "curse breaking" won't do anybody any good. I do think sometimes we give far more credence to "boogaboo" behavior than just being practical about things and considering how we conduct ourselves every day, and to repent where we ourselves fall short so that God can do with us as He wills, regardless of what anybody else has to say or how they want to manipulate things in the background.

Desperaux
Jul 9th 2009, 05:59 PM
Christians everywhere unknowingly curse themselves almost every day by their uncareful choice of language.

eg: "Watch me get your cold, now!" or "Every time I (go there, do that, eat that, etc.) I get sick."

Firefighter
Jul 9th 2009, 06:03 PM
Also remember that Jesus cursed a fig-tree and it withered away.

Notice it was a fig tree and not a person...;)

Firefighter
Jul 9th 2009, 06:04 PM
Christians everywhere unknowingly curse themselves almost every day by their uncareful choice of language.

eg: "Watch me get your cold, now!" or "Every time I (go there, do that, eat that, etc.) I get sick."

Let me guess, Proverbs 18:21.:rofl:

By all means, start a thread about "Speaking it forth":pray:

Keturah
Jul 9th 2009, 06:12 PM
Our God dwells with in us, and He is more powerful than a million curses!

As long as we abide in him nothing can harm us for it has to pass through him before it can touch us......Just like satan coming before the Lord, and accusing him of putting a fence around Job.
God allowed testing, but he did not allow Satan to take his life.
Satan could only go as far as God allowed.

I had a young woman on one of these sites curse me to hell and damnation, because I said God does not always heal, and she was perpetrating that he does, and I was a lier, and twisted scripture etc. etc. etc.

I was trying to show her our true healing is spiritual, and God doesnt always heal physically, as he didnt heal Paul of his thorn in the flesh.

She became so angry she cursed me vehemently, and sent me to hell with no hope of salvation.
Now You know I was not effected at all for I know who my redeemer is, and know she has no power greater than him for she spoke not the truth, nor represented the heart of our Lord....
I fear for her, and pray God forgive her. But no, her curse has no effect on me, but may on her as another said above.

I'm sure no authority over this ,for sure, but God in all is the final authority.

Those who cursed in the Old Testament did so under the authority of God, when they did, I believe.:dunno: Sure open for thoughts, these are mine.

always
Jul 9th 2009, 07:55 PM
The power of life and death is in the tongue

A child of God does not have to receive such into their spirit. For we are covered in the blood of Jesus.

theBelovedDisciple
Jul 9th 2009, 09:25 PM
Our God dwells with in us, and He is more powerful than a million curses!

As long as we abide in him nothing can harm us for it has to pass through him before it can touch us......Just like satan coming before the Lord, and accusing him of putting a fence around Job.
God allowed testing, but he did not allow Satan to take his life.
Satan could only go as far as God allowed.

I had a young woman on one of these sites curse me to hell and damnation, because I said God does not always heal, and she was perpetrating that he does, and I was a lier, and twisted scripture etc. etc. etc.

I was trying to show her our true healing is spiritual, and God doesnt always heal physically, as he didnt heal Paul of his thorn in the flesh.

She became so angry she cursed me vehemently, and sent me to hell with no hope of salvation.
Now You know I was not effected at all for I know who my redeemer is, and know she has no power greater than him for she spoke not the truth, nor represented the heart of our Lord....
I fear for her, and pray God forgive her. But no, her curse has no effect on me, but may on her as another said above.

I'm sure no authority over this ,for sure, but God in all is the final authority.

Those who cursed in the Old Testament did so under the authority of God, when they did, I believe.:dunno: Sure open for thoughts, these are mine.

I agree... the LORD is bigger than any curse put on you as a Born Again Chrisitan..

Look at the words of Jesus..

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

the biggest devilish curse put on any Born AGain Christian.. will fail...

because I write onto you and tell you...

Ye have overcome them.. because Greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world....

Beckrl
Jul 9th 2009, 09:52 PM
To curse someone is to call damnation on them.
If one say to you "damn you" that person is calling damnation upon you.
Condemning to something or someone to hell.,being found guilty.

The fig tree;
19And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away.

20And when the disciples saw it, they marvelled, saying, How soon is the fig tree withered away! 21Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

It is therefore by faith by a blessing or cursing.
Jesus said you can curse this mountain and it shall be done. By faith and not doubt.

We are not to curse another.
Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not

Firefighter
Jul 9th 2009, 10:46 PM
A child of God does not have to receive such into their spirit.

Where do you get this in scripture?

Jeffinator
Jul 9th 2009, 11:17 PM
Hi

Thanks!

I dont believe so but Moses did curse Canaan so I have no idea

tango
Jul 9th 2009, 11:39 PM
Does it not depend on the belief of the person being cursed as to wether or not they are affected?

Firstfruits

Not at all, when I cursed people I usually didn't tell them about it.

Lisa Ruby
Jul 14th 2009, 09:50 PM
Curses are real. But, God still holds everyone accountable for their own sin.

If you read the story of Baalam trying to pronounce curses upon Israel, you will find that he was unsuccessful. BUT ... Israel did curse Israel by their own disobedience to God's laws. God was very specific in Deuteronomy how curses and blessings happen.

Oftentimes, we give outside people way too much credit, and we also very often like to blame everyone else in the sin/curse game. It doesn't work that way. While the acts of our parents and our environment may be of influence on us, we all have our own decisions to make before God, and we are all accountable to Him for our own behavior.

If you look through the curtain, a curse amounts to not much more than loosing certain spiritual forces upon a person's life. But even the devil himself can only do so much if we remain obedient to God and honor Him with our lives.

Yes, life and death IS in the power of the tongue, and we can do great harm to people by the words we speak, even though we may not be formally "cursing" them as we understand witchcraft and so forth to happen. Regular words spoken in hatred or anger can do far greater damage than some witches' curse, especially if done so over a period of time.

Certainly you can break curses' in Jesus' name. But if your personal behavior dishonors God day in and day out, then all the supposed "curse breaking" won't do anybody any good. I do think sometimes we give far more credence to "boogaboo" behavior than just being practical about things and considering how we conduct ourselves every day, and to repent where we ourselves fall short so that God can do with us as He wills, regardless of what anybody else has to say or how they want to manipulate things in the background.

Witches do curse Christians and they do much more damage than simple angry words.

Desperaux
Jul 14th 2009, 10:11 PM
Where do you get this in scripture?

Does it have to be scriptural to understand that we must not receive or accept such a thing, but to reject it?

Simply having a fear about it is the same as agreeing witht he one who has cursed us. We are simply not to agree with our enemy.

MarleVVLL
Jul 15th 2009, 12:43 AM
I suppose its possible to curse (or do you mean 'cast a spell', per'se?). Anyone who has gone overseas understand the power of devils in curses (like the figi black magic warlocks, or the shamans in the mexican mountains).

However, a Christian should not curse. If one did, they must repent and renounce the curse.

Firefighter
Jul 15th 2009, 11:25 AM
Does it have to be scriptural to understand that we must not receive or accept such a thing, but to reject it?

Simply having a fear about it is the same as agreeing witht he one who has cursed us. We are simply not to agree with our enemy.

Please explain how we accept something into our spirit. You know the one that has been born again...

Desperaux
Jul 15th 2009, 05:48 PM
Please explain how we accept something into our spirit. You know the one that has been born again...

One way we accept a curse into our life or SOUL (mind, will and emotions) is to experience fear about it. Another is to believe it. Yes, our spirits remain born again, but we lose peace and fellowship when we accept these things so readily and do not reject them immediately, knowing WHOSE and WHO we are in Jesus Christ.

theBelovedDisciple
Jul 15th 2009, 06:01 PM
How can a person that is Truly Born Again accept a 'curse' into his/her spirit.. when the Scripture plainly says.. that those who are His have 'overcome' them..

because Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world...

that 'curse' would not be accepted in the spirit.. because 'HE" that is in that Person that is Jesus.. would not allow it at all...

and Jesus tells His own that we have the 'power ' to walk and tread upon serpents and over 'all the power' of the enemy.. and 'nothing' by any means shall 'harm' you...

those who 'curse' a Born Again Chrisitian and their curses.. have no power or affect to 'harm'.. according to the Scripture..

and Paul tells us that 'we' will not be 'ingnorant' of satan's devices...

how can one 'bless' one who is cursing you.. when you have received that 'curse' into his/her spirit...

when 'blessing' the 'curser' this is done in the Power of the Holy Ghost.. not while under a devilish curse.. a curse that is harming the born Again Christian..or a supposed 'curse' that he/she has recieved and is fallen under...

'nothing shall by any means 'harm' you...

these are His Words and His Promise!

Desperaux
Jul 15th 2009, 06:14 PM
A weaker sister or brother or a new believer can easily accept a curse. They are unknowledgeable and need teaching in this area. So many believers suffer with fear as it is, and need deliverance. In fact, many unknowingly curse themselves.

Reynolds357
Jul 15th 2009, 06:25 PM
Those who operate in the occult can most definitely curse other people. The curses can be quite effective and they can even lead to death. The fact that one is saved does not neccessarily give them immunity from these attacks. That is one of many reasons we are instructed to take the entire armor of God daily.
I know a man who left the occult several years ago. He was extremely high up in the occult. He was actually adopted by Shiva as his son. To those who do not know, Shiva is Satan. He supernaturally eliminated his enemies. He was investigated for murder after he left the occult. He cooperated with the police, but could not be charged with murder due to the facts of how the murders were committed. He ordered "scouts" (Which are demonic empowered beings that I am not going into detail about) to literally tear these people limb from limb. The scouts did it did it, and they did a very good job of it might I add. Curses are real.

RabbiKnife
Jul 15th 2009, 06:46 PM
Those who operate in the occult can most definitely curse other people. The curses can be quite effective and they can even lead to death. The fact that one is saved does not neccessarily give them immunity from these attacks. That is one of many reasons we are instructed to take the entire armor of God daily.
I know a man who left the occult several years ago. He was extremely high up in the occult. He was actually adopted by Shiva as his son. To those who do not know, Shiva is Satan. He supernaturally eliminated his enemies. He was investigated for murder after he left the occult. He cooperated with the police, but could not be charged with murder due to the facts of how the murders were committed. He ordered "scouts" (Which are demonic empowered beings that I am not going into detail about) to literally tear these people limb from limb. The scouts did it did it, and they did a very good job of it might I add. Curses are real.

Nice story, no Scriptural support.

Reynolds357
Jul 15th 2009, 06:53 PM
Nice story, no Scriptural support.
I drive a 2500 Chevy HD pickup truck that I have no direct scriptural support for the existence of either. So your point is?

If you study the occult, then you will see that these things are very real. IF you study the Bible you will see clues that they exist. "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities, powers, rulers of the darkness of this world, and spiritual wickedness in the heavenlies." The Bible makes it quite clear that we do war with the demonic. Anyone with any knowledge of the occult is quite aware that practitioners of the occult can to a certain extent command certain demons and have them do their bidding. Satan used demon possessed people to interfere with the ministry of the Apostles. I really do not know what else you want.

To use your own line of reasoning, please give me scripture that disproves that a practitioner of the black arts can curse another person.

RabbiKnife
Jul 15th 2009, 09:00 PM
I drive a 2500 Chevy HD pickup truck that I have no direct scriptural support for the existence of either. So your point is?

If you study the occult, then you will see that these things are very real. IF you study the Bible you will see clues that they exist. "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities, powers, rulers of the darkness of this world, and spiritual wickedness in the heavenlies." The Bible makes it quite clear that we do war with the demonic. Anyone with any knowledge of the occult is quite aware that practitioners of the occult can to a certain extent command certain demons and have them do their bidding. Satan used demon possessed people to interfere with the ministry of the Apostles. I really do not know what else you want.

To use your own line of reasoning, please give me scripture that disproves that a practitioner of the black arts can curse another person.

"Greater is He that is in you than He that is in the world."

"We are more than conquerors through Christ."

tango
Jul 15th 2009, 09:37 PM

We are, as long as we walk closely with Christ. The devil is like a roaring lion, and if we stray from Christ the devil won't hesitate to move in to attack.

People who call themselves Christians but don't walk the walk may not be as protected as they thought. (Just to be clear, that's intended as an entirely generic remark)

Reynolds357
Jul 16th 2009, 01:44 AM

You give scripture that shows that through Christ we have been given dominion and authority over the demonic. If we choose not to use our weapons of Spiritual warfare then the enemy can come in and devour us. Salvation is not automatic, unconditional protection from demonic attack.

Desperaux
Jul 16th 2009, 02:03 AM
You give scripture that shows that through Christ we have been given dominion and authority over the demonic. If we choose not to use our weapons of Spiritual warfare then the enemy can come in and devour us. Salvation is not automatic, unconditional protection from demonic attack.

Exactly! http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee267/Floatingaxe/thumbsup2.gif

Reynolds357
Jul 16th 2009, 07:53 PM
Reading this thread is making me :cry: :cry: :cry: I can hardly type this.

I suspect that I have had two people curse me in two entirely different situations.

The first one was by a former boss. I had to quit that job (nursing) due to disabling back pain. That was in 1997. I am on SS disability for it and can not do many things like walking for exercise or being long in the garden. I have to hire someone to help clean my house.

Several years ago, after the fact, I found out that my old boss is into the occult. She does something like put pins into a doll or something and places curses on people? Perhaps Tango would know more about this. For a long time there has been an uneasy feeling in me that she did this to me.

The other time (times) I suspect is by a woman, ex-relative. She was extremely envious of me, almost to the point of insanity. She was very cruel to me. After I read this thread yesterday, the Holy Spirit reminded me she is very WOF and prodded me to look up a video by Benny Hinn. She is really into him. In the video he is placing curses on anyone that comes against him and his ministry. Now I suspect this woman followed his example and placed curses on me...

I have been a Christian that has been often full of fear. If you read my testimony you will see God has brought me through sooo much. But I have been very negligent in applying the armour of Ephesians 6 and in taking every thought captive as is instructed in 2Corinthians, I believe. I told the Lord I never wanted to be a soldier. But by the time I realized that, I had no choice as He had quite captivated my heart...

So what do I do now? Do I need deliverance? If I do, who do I go to? How do I practically apply Ephesians 6 and 2Corinthians?

Moderator, I know this should probably go in counseling but this has so gripped me here and I wanted to start it here to make certain these precious souls, that can help me, see it...

God bless you all as I anticipate your most helpful replies...
Let me start by saying that that the Word of Faith doctrine does not involve putting curses on people. I would love to see this message by Benny Hinn because I am quite sure that there is a misunderstanding about what he was doing. Benny Hinn does not command demons to attack people, and he most definitely can not curse people for their harm using the power of God.
I think you have misunderstood something Benny Hinn was doing. I really do not want this to spin off into a Benny Hinn thread, but Hinn is in the deliverance ministry; not the ministry of placing people under the power of the demonic.

As to the curse placed on you by the occultist. If this person did truly put a curse on you, you have complete deliverance through the name of Jesus and the authority of His name. Many people who claim to have power to control demons do not actually have the power thy claim to have. If she truly did place a curse on you, you can take authority over this evils spirit yourself, or seek help from your pastor. The choice is yours.

If you are truly experiencing demonic attack, I would guess that the extreme fear is the inroad for the attack and not a curse. Of course, I could be wrong.

ConqueredbyLove
Jul 16th 2009, 09:40 PM
Let me start by saying that that the Word of Faith doctrine does not involve putting curses on people. I would love to see this message by Benny Hinn because I am quite sure that there is a misunderstanding about what he was doing. .

I deleted my long reply.

But as to the OP'ers question do people put curses on other people and according to the above person's reply, I would like to show that I was not misunderstanding what he was doing. And, yes, Benny Hinn does put curses on people....

7wAQ5ftiEqE

Reynolds357
Jul 17th 2009, 01:59 AM
I deleted my long reply.

But as to the OP'ers question do people put curses on other people and according to the above person's reply, I would like to show that I was not misunderstanding what he was doing. And, yes, Benny Hinn does put curses on people....

7wAQ5ftiEqE

I am not a defender of Benny Hinn. He does a lot of things that I do not agree with. However, this clip is out of context. I wish I had the entire clip, I have looked for it and can not find it. I will probably try to order the entire meeting just to get the dvd of this. If I remember correctly, Hinn was not directly placing a curse against people, he was speaking in the office of prophet.

Firefighter
Jul 19th 2009, 03:47 PM
Doesn't matter what office he was speaking of...

James 3:10-12 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be. Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter? Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh?

That pretty much clears up the matter for me.

Reynolds357
Jul 19th 2009, 11:49 PM
Doesn't matter what office he was speaking of...

James 3:10-12 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be. Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter? Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh?

That pretty much clears up the matter for me.
Glad it clears it up for you. It is highly important what office he was operating in. There is a big difference between cursing someone and announcing a curse from the office of prophet.

ConqueredbyLove
Jul 20th 2009, 12:05 AM
Glad it clears it up for you. It is highly important what office he was operating in. There is a big difference between cursing someone and announcing a curse from the office of profit.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That is sooo Benny Hinn :P

From the office of his profit :idea: Call now and make certain you give :saint:

vVIdQ8BTJCQ&feature=related

Firefighter
Jul 20th 2009, 01:53 AM
I would be forced to agree, I think he operates in the office of profit just about all the time...

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

ConqueredbyLove
Jul 20th 2009, 02:14 AM
I would be forced to agree, I think he operates in the office of profit just about all the time...

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

.........total lol! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Reynolds357
Jul 20th 2009, 02:45 AM
.........total lol! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
I will admit that is funny. Auto correct got me again.:lol::lol:

Equipped_4_Love
Jul 20th 2009, 02:45 AM
Glad it clears it up for you. It is highly important what office he was operating in. There is a big difference between cursing someone and announcing a curse from the office of profit.

Okay -- office of profit -- Benny Hinn --- LOLOL :rofl:

Am I wrong to laugh at this? It was just so ironic.

Is that like cursing someone who doesn't send you a check?

Firefighter
Jul 20th 2009, 12:29 PM
Someone please explain to me where it is in scripture that says that a Christian can be cursed.

Benny's curses must not be very good. I have spoken against his ministry several times...:hmm:

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77