PDA

View Full Version : How do you know when the Holy Spirit is in your life?

eascusa
Jul 31st 2009, 06:21 PM
How does one know when the Holy Spirit is in their life? I know that it sais in the bible that if you except Jesus in your life confess he was born, crucified, died and was raised, seek God with all your heart, soul, and mind, become baptised and invite the Holy Spirit into your life. What else is there? The thing is that in the bible when the Holy Spirit was upon them it was very obvious. They spoke in tounge and could do miracles and heal. It even has I think with a case when Paul (Saul) sent out others to baptise and save and would know when the Holy Spirit was upon them soley on the fact that they were speaking in tongue and doing miracles. When this didn't happen they had to get Paul. Well, that doesn't happen so much today. We don't become saved and immediatley start speaking in tongue (if at all) or go and do miracles. So how do we really know when he has come into our lives. For some people it is obvious but for some other's like myself ???? I asked for Jesus to come into my life. I pray every day and read the bible constantly and apply what I learn. I was baptised as a child and ask God to send the Holy Spirit into my life on a nearly daily basis. What else can I do and what am I suppose to be feeling? I know this sounds stupid and Iam a bit embarrassed about it but I would like to hear what others say about it. Thankyou

Denny606
Jul 31st 2009, 06:35 PM
I don't mean to not be compassionate about this ,but I have always operated on how I felt about any given situation and whether or not I feel the Spirit guiding me.It is something you have to feel for your self and it is very hard to explain to someone if they haven't felt it's presence in their life.I ,like you prayed before I was saved, the Lord give me something I knew about and when I came, in faith believing, He did. That is when I confessed before man and was baptized in the water ,and I would not go back to the place my life came from for anything this world has to offer.Just keep praying and believe and you will be shown.

ConqueredbyLove
Jul 31st 2009, 07:18 PM
What else can I do and what am I suppose to be feeling? I know this sounds stupid and Iam a bit embarrassed about it but I would like to hear what others say about it. Thankyou

It is not stupid and there is no need to be embarrassed although I understand :hug: :hug: :hug:

Perhaps He is in your life and you are looking at outward manifestations too much? I wonder?

The Holy Spirit is very gentle and tender and His voice like a whisper...often He is there and we just don't recognize His presence...:kiss:

For example, I was a Christian for many years before I recognized when He was speaking to me....

The Mighty Sword
Jul 31st 2009, 07:25 PM
For me, It is conviction when I do, say, think anything ungodly and I am convicted by The Holy Spirit to conduct myself in a Christian manner, for we are ambassadors of The Most High.

ConqueredbyLove
Jul 31st 2009, 08:08 PM
I ask God to send the Holy Spirit into my life on a nearly daily basis. Thankyou

:hug: You are seeking the wrong Person of the Godhead, dear soul.... There is a Divine order in the Godhead and the Holy Spirit wants you to continually be seeking the Lord Jesus Christ, not seeking for the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit's delight is to lead us to Jesus and reveal His nature and character to us....You need to be seeking the Person and Character of Christ and you will be blessed as you do that :hug:

If I were you, I would begin reading and studying the Gospel of John, even if you have done that before...Here are a few verses to show what I mean...As you read, ask the Holy Spirit to begin revealing more of Christ to you and God will bless that...

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
John 15: 26

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
John 16: 13-14

theBelovedDisciple
Jul 31st 2009, 08:16 PM
How does one know when the Holy Spirit is in their life? I know that it sais in the bible that if you except Jesus in your life confess he was born, crucified, died and was raised, seek God with all your heart, soul, and mind, become baptised and invite the Holy Spirit into your life. What else is there? The thing is that in the bible when the Holy Spirit was upon them it was very obvious. They spoke in tounge and could do miracles and heal. It even has I think with a case when Paul (Saul) sent out others to baptise and save and would know when the Holy Spirit was upon them soley on the fact that they were speaking in tongue and doing miracles. When this didn't happen they had to get Paul. Well, that doesn't happen so much today. We don't become saved and immediatley start speaking in tongue (if at all) or go and do miracles. So how do we really know when he has come into our lives. For some people it is obvious but for some other's like myself ???? I asked for Jesus to come into my life. I pray every day and read the bible constantly and apply what I learn. I was baptised as a child and ask God to send the Holy Spirit into my life on a nearly daily basis. What else can I do and what am I suppose to be feeling? I know this sounds stupid and Iam a bit embarrassed about it but I would like to hear what others say about it. Thankyou

No need to feel embarrased about it at all...

Is the Holy Ghost present in our life? the Spirit of the Living God? is He inside you?

John tells us that the Spirit of the Living God is present and we 'know' that which is born of God from that which isn't... is by the confession of who Jesus Christ is..

those who are 'born of God'.. will confess that Jesus the Christ has come in the flesh.. God put on flesh or was manifested in the flesh.. this is what the Holy Ghost teaches the Children of God... and reveals to them..

there are some days when I can't 'feel' Him.. or His Presense but I 'know' He's with me and in me.. Because of Jesus's Promise... that He will be with us until the End of the World.. and that Truth will abide with us and in Us forever...

I see where you were baptized as a child... we you converted as a child? were you Born Again as a child?

Religion and a Dynamic Relationship with your Redeemer are two very different things...

One is Alive... the other is just dead....

If He is Alive in you .. you will 'know' it.. and He will teach you that He is the Only True Living God.. God come in the flesh.. the Person of Jesus the Christ.. this is how we know the Spirit of Truth is present. and that He abides with us and In us... no matter what are feelings or thoughts are... He is Faithful.. and never Fails..

Biblebelt
Jul 31st 2009, 09:01 PM
How do you know when the Holy Spirit is in your life?

In Galatians 3:2 Paul asks an important question.

Galatians 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
There could only be one answer. The Spirit is received only by faith.

From this we know that when we receive the gift of faith, we also receive the gift of the Holy Spirit, and our body is the temple of the Holy Ghost.

How the Spirit guides our lives is different for each believer, but by repentance and faith I can trust Him to guide me and keep me on the straight and narrow in spite of my faults and failures. I pray believing He will do this. He can do it without my prayer, but He likes to hear how much I depend on Him.

Johnboy
Jul 31st 2009, 10:34 PM
Do you have a bible then you have the holy spirit, the holy word of God.

awestruckchild
Aug 1st 2009, 06:56 AM
Hi eascusa,
It is nice to meet you.

i will tell you how I can sense the Holy Spirit. Everyone seems to describe His Presence a little differently.

I feel a whoosh that travels over and through my body. I get goosebumps at the same time, even though I am not cold. It is comforting and very peaceful, but God is very pleased, (when I can't sense this Presence for a time), when I believe and know that He has not left me and never will.

Have you ever thought that maybe there was ever a time when you think God was very near? What made you think it ,if so?

dworthington
Aug 1st 2009, 09:38 AM
The fruit of the Spirit is found in Galatians 5:22 & 23.

th1bill
Aug 1st 2009, 09:53 AM
Do you have a bible then you have the holy spirit, the holy word of God.
Johnboy,
... I am very sorry to see you state that. God is a Triune person and the Trinity is composed of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, three separate persons making one God. I owned a few Bibles before I was saved and knew nothing of the Holy Spirit until I was converted. The Holy Spirit of God cannot be held in your hand. The Holy Spirit indwells the believer.

Johnboy
Aug 1st 2009, 12:42 PM
Johnboy,
... I am very sorry to see you state that. God is a Triune person and the Trinity is composed of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, three separate persons making one God. I owned a few Bibles before I was saved and knew nothing of the Holy Spirit until I was converted. The Holy Spirit of God cannot be held in your hand. The Holy Spirit indwells the believer.

Are you saying that the bible is not the holy spirit? If you are then you do not know what the holy spirit is then. What was breathed into Adam, the spirit/breathe of God. When God said Let there be light this was the spirit/breathe/word of God. The bible is the spirit/breathe/word of God the bible is the power of God. So yes the holy spirit of God can be held in your hand and if you don't realize that then you deny the power of the bible. And trust me it has power
Hebrew 4 v 12 (sword:///Hebrews%204:12) For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77