PDA

View Full Version : Information altar being built in Jerusalem

vicki
Aug 20th 2009, 11:58 PM
I was under the impression from reading scriptures that the "new" temple had to be rebuilt but I am now told that only the altar has to be built and the daily scarifices restarted before certain events will soon take place
can anyone give me a verse to show this?

markedward
Aug 21st 2009, 01:10 AM
There aren't any verses that say such a thing.

The Scriptures only speak about:

The Tabernacle, used in the wilderness during the Exodus events
The First Temple, built under Solomon
The Second Temple, built after the Babylonian Exile ended
The New Covenant Temple, referring to Christ's Body (Christ is our temple, and we are his)

JohnnieGuy
Aug 21st 2009, 03:19 AM
There aren't any verses that say such a thing.

The Scriptures only speak about:

The Tabernacle, used in the wilderness during the Exodus events
The First Temple, built under Solomon
The Second Temple, built after the Babylonian Exile ended
The New Covenant Temple, referring to Christ's Body (Christ is our temple, and we are his)

So the abomination of desolation is going to be within the body of Christ (obviously not IN the body, but among it)?

T W Taylor
Aug 21st 2009, 03:20 AM
Hello Vicki. I have heard that Daniel 12:11 is the verse that suggest that the temple has to be rebuilt or at least the altar, so they can sacrifice again, and the sacrifice can be taken away again and the end will come, or start to come after 1,290 days. -- I disagree, the Hebrew word that is translated days also means years, and should have been translated years. The daily sacrifice was taken away in 70 AD. The abomination was set up in 687AD then there was 1,290 years until the start of the end. TWT
Da 12:11 "And from the time that the daily sacrifice is taken away, and the abomination of desolation is set up, there shall be one thousand two hundred and ninety days.

markedward
Aug 21st 2009, 03:26 AM
So the abomination of desolation is going to be within the body of Christ (obviously not IN the body, but among it)?The abomination of desolation, as described by Daniel and Christ, took place regarding the Second Temple. The Olivet Discourse (Matthew 24, Mark 13, Luke 21) opens up with the apostles pointing at the Second Temple, the one standing right in front of them, and marveling over its handiwork. Jesus prophesies its destruction. The entire context of the Olivet Discourse is the Second Temple's destruction... hence, when Jesus prophesies about the abomination of desolation in reference to the Gentile armies surrounding Jerusalem and destroying the city and the temple within "this generation", he is referring to events that took place when the Roman Gentile armies surrounded Jerusalem and destroyed the city and the Second Temple exactly within that "generation".

DurbanDude
Aug 26th 2009, 11:22 AM
I was under the impression from reading scriptures that the "new" temple had to be rebuilt but I am now told that only the altar has to be built and the daily scarifices restarted before certain events will soon take place
can anyone give me a verse to show this?

DANIEL Chapters 8, 9, 11 and 12 each have one verse about ending of sacrifices.

All four of these verses are often misunderstood to be referring to a future ending of sacrifice.

I believe Daniel 8 and 11 are referring to Antiochus, a historical leader before Jesus' time, and then Daniel 9 and 12 are referring to Jesus, and his sacrifice on the cross that ended the need for Jews to sacrifice for their sins.

As for the expectation of there being a temple during this age, I believe there is no biblical requirement, even though I do believe the abomination refers to the future "antichrist" who will set himself up as God on the temple grounds as per Thessalonians

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77