PDA

View Full Version : Jeremiah 16:16, Who are the Fishermen?

Jollyrogers
Nov 9th 2009, 03:35 AM
Does anyone know who the "Fishermen" and the "Hunters" are in Jeremiah 16:16. I know that vs 14-15 are talking about the regathering of Israel but I am having trouble understanding who God is sending after them.

Psalms Fan
Nov 9th 2009, 04:26 AM
"Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men."

IMHO

Moxie
Nov 9th 2009, 04:51 AM
The fisherman and hunters are in reference to the Babylonians who would be catching the nation of Israel and holding them captive. This was their judgment because they had defiled His land with idol worship.

Sirus
Nov 9th 2009, 05:06 AM
The fisherman and hunters are in reference to the Babylonians who would be catching the nation of Israel and holding them captive. This was their judgment because they had defiled His land with idol worship.Right. The Chaldeans were hunters. The Egyptians fishermen. The enemy that takes captive.
Amo 4:2 The Lord GOD hath sworn by his holiness, that, lo, the days shall come upon you, that he will take you away with hooks, and your posterity with fishhooks.

Hab 1:14 And makest men as the fishes of the sea, as the creeping things, that have no ruler over them?
Hab 1:15 They take up all of them with the angle, they catch them in their net, and gather them in their drag: therefore they rejoice and are glad.
Hab 1:16 Therefore they sacrifice unto their net, and burn incense unto their drag; because by them their portion is fat, and their meat plenteous.
Hab 1:17 Shall they therefore empty their net, and not spare continually to slay the nations?

Eze 12:13 My net also will I spread upon him, and he shall be taken in my snare: and I will bring him to Babylon to the land of the Chaldeans; yet shall he not see it, though he shall die there.

Moxie
Nov 9th 2009, 05:08 AM
Hey, thanks for the added information, Sirus. :)

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77