PDA

View Full Version : Pole Shift Anyone?

napsnsnacks
Jan 8th 2010, 05:52 PM
North Magnetic Pole Moving Due to Core Flux.
Richard A. Lovett in San Francisco for National Geographic News, December 24, 2009

"Earth's north magnetic pole is racing toward Russia at almost 40 miles (64 kilometers) a year due to magnetic changes in the planet's core, new research says."

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/12/091224-north-pole-magnetic-russia-earth-core.html

Geomagnetism
Long Term Movement of the North Magnetic Pole
Introduction

"The accompanying figure shows the path of the North Magnetic Pole since its discovery in 1831 to the last observed position in 2001."

http://gsc.nrcan.gc.ca/geomag/nmp/long_mvt_nmp_e.php

The many creatures of the earth that depend upon magnetism as their navigation system have been setting off alarm bells for a long time..

Most of my life a compass remains stable when I look at it but I been playing around with one the past year and the needle pretty much moves as if magnetic north is fluctuating.

The circumference of the earth is about 24,900 miles.

If magnetic north keeps moving as it is at 40 miles per year and since 1/4 of 24,000 = 6,000 miles and with 6,000 divided by 40 being 150, we can expect magnetic north to be on or about the equator in 150 years.

2010 plus 150 years would be the year 2160. We are all long dead.

At that point of 6,000 miles, a pole shift would be half complete and would only have to move another 6,000 miles for magnetic north to be in the place of what we know as the south pole. So, 2160 plus 150 years would be the year 2310. Our offspring are all long dead.

By the time the pole shift has completed a flip at the current speed, the entire population of the earth has died off completely almost 3 times which includes any yearly population increases compared to life span.

So, if any pole shift is going to be any contributor to and end of the world scenario in 2012 it would have to happen in the next 80 miles. Lol.

As you may have figured already, which was the point intended, that a pole shift can have nothing to do with any theory of destruction in 2012, or the 7 year tribulation period.

Even if the rapture occurred today, or we Christian are to pass through those 7 years, either way, the pole would have only moved 280 miles during those 7 years since 7x40=280 miles.

By the time any proposed pole flip is even halfway finished, all the inhabitants of the earth are long dead, including 100% of those who were sneaked into believing that any pole shift would fit into Daniel and Revelation and includes all the deceivers who lived sumptuously off the money they got from those that they convinced that they needed to prepare for surviving any pole shift.

That's 1 more end of the world bandwagon debunked.

Some even say that it will happen fast like in a day or a week and even at that rate such a pole flip would most likely cause the earth to fly apart so still it debunks any need for fear or preparations of getting a generator infrastructure hooked up plus fuel and turning your house into a Faraday Cage.

Plus, if it happens that fast, it still does not fit into prophecy because if it happens in or within two years (2012) that completely nullifies any 7 year tribulation including the 1,000 year reign of Christ so this pole flipping stuff has nothing to do with us or prophecy.

I'm not going to bother to figure out how fast magnetic north would have to suddenly increase or slowly increase per month in order to make it a pole flip due in 2012. The odds of that happening are off the scale anyway so it doesn't matter.

A pole shift is even long expired way long before the end of the 1,000 year reign of Christ so there can't be any truth in this causing the end of the world in our day.

David Taylor
Jan 8th 2010, 06:02 PM
The sources sited from Wiki (Journal of Geophysical Research, and Harvard.edu, Geological Society of America) tell a different story.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pole_shift
The cataclysmic pole shift hypothesis is the conjecture that the axis of rotation of a planet has undergone relatively rapid shifts in location, creating calamities such as massive floods and large scale tectonic events.[1] This type of event would occur if the physical poles had been or would be suddenly shifted with respect to the underlying surface over a geologically short time frame.

Among the scientific community, the evidence shows that no rapid shifts in the pole have occurred during the last 200 million years.[2] True polar wander is known to occur, but only at rates of 1 per million years or less.[3] The last rapid shift in the poles may have occurred 800 million years ago,[4] when the supercontinent Rodinia still existed. This hypothesis is almost always discussed in the context of Earth, but other bodies in the Solar System may have experienced axial reorientation during their existences.

2) ^ Besse, Jean; Courtillot, Vincent. "Apparent and true polar wander and the geometry of the geomagnetic field over the last 200 Myr". Journal of Geophysical Research (Solid Earth) 107 (B11): EPM 6-1 to EPM 6-31. doi:10.1029/2000JB000050.

3) ^ a b Andrews, J. A. (August 10, 1985). True polar wander - An analysis of cenozoic and mesozoic paleomagnetic poles. 90. pp. 77377750. doi:10.1029/JB090iB09p07737. http://adsabs.harvard.edu//abs/1985JGR....90.7737A. Retrieved 2009-11-08.

4) # ^ a b Maloof, Adam C.; et al.. "Combined paleomagnetic, isotopic, and stratigraphic evidence for true polar wander from the Neoproterozoic Akademikerbreen Group, Svalbard, Norway". Geological Society of America Bulletin 118 (9): 10991124. doi:10.1130/B25892.1. http://gsabulletin.gsapubs.org/content/118/9-10/1099.abstract.

Any resident Geologists wanna weigh in?

napsnsnacks
Jan 8th 2010, 06:10 PM
The sources sited from Wiki (Journal of Geophysical Research, and Harvard.edu, Geological Society of America) tell a different story.

Any resident Geologists wanna weigh in?

It still cannot apply. What you are saying or are saying that they are saying is basically the destruction of earth and if so...

Under such conditions it would violate prophecy because a pole flip, magnetic or planetary would hopelessly wreck any one world government, any one world money and one world religion.

That means no 7 year tribulation and no 1,000 year reign of Christ.

Since these things must come to pass, prophecy invalidates any such scientific prognostications of a pole flip magnetic or planetary happening in our day.

It's scientifically feasible yeah but the theory is wrecked by prophecy and our faith in that prophecy.

fellowservant
Jan 9th 2010, 07:28 PM
Even if the rapture occurred today, or we Christian are to pass through those 7 years, either way, the pole would have only moved 280 miles during those 7 years since 7x40=280 miles.

By the time any proposed pole flip is even halfway finished, all the inhabitants of the earth are long dead, including 100% of those who were sneaked into believing that any pole shift would fit into Daniel and Revelation and includes all the deceivers who lived sumptuously off the money they got from those that they convinced that they needed to prepare for surviving any pole shift.

That's 1 more end of the world bandwagon debunked.

Some even say that it will happen fast like in a day or a week and even at that rate such a pole flip would most likely cause the earth to fly apart so still it debunks any need for fear or preparations of getting a generator infrastructure hooked up plus fuel and turning your house into a Faraday Cage.

Plus, if it happens that fast, it still does not fit into prophecy because if it happens in or within two years (2012) that completely nullifies any 7 year tribulation including the 1,000 year reign of Christ so this pole flipping stuff has nothing to do with us or prophecy.

I'm not going to bother to figure out how fast magnetic north would have to suddenly increase or slowly increase per month in order to make it a pole flip due in 2012. The odds of that happening are off the scale anyway so it doesn't matter.

A pole shift is even long expired way long before the end of the 1,000 year reign of Christ so there can't be any truth in this causing the end of the world in our day.

Good article, i seen this on the news a while back. Some elders in the north are saying that stars and sun seem to be higher in the sky than usual.

As far as this happening naturally or taking years to complete assuming this is the case, all things are possible with God. Therefore this could happen over night and just bounce back in order to fulfill prophecy, as in the 1000 year reign.

If God can create a new heaven and earth just by speaking the word. He is also able to spin this one back and forth at his will if he chooses, with no time limit on it, or catastrophic earth damage. One example of something similar to this, is the account of the sun standing still in one of the biblical battles.

To which science would say is impossible. I think we try to explain things out in the natural to much, when all things are possible with God Good post:)

God bless

napsnsnacks
Jan 9th 2010, 08:15 PM
Good article, i seen this on the news a while back. Some elders in the north are saying that stars and sun seem to be higher in the sky than usual.

As far as this happening naturally or taking years to complete assuming this is the case, all things are possible with God. Therefore this could happen over night and just bounce back in order to fulfill prophecy, as in the 1000 year reign.

If God can create a new heaven and earth just by speaking the word. He is also able to spin this one back and forth at his will if he chooses, with no time limit on it, or catastrophic earth damage. One example of something similar to this, is the account of the sun standing still in one of the biblical battles.

To which science would say is impossible. I think we try to explain things out in the natural to much, when all things are possible with God Good post:)

God bless

There is some confusion between a pole flip and a pole shift.

From what I have read over the years a pole shift pertains to a reversal of earths magnetic field while the earth stays on course but a pole flip is the geographic flip of the north and south pole.

In the former the magnetic field reverses position and in the latter the earth reverses position.

Either way, the flip or shift is discussed at length by many sources but sometimes it takes a slide rule, sextant, compass and a pot of coffee to figure out what they are referring too.

Either way, even though it is possible I may have got my flips and shifts mixed up, what I wrote I was referring to magnetic shift instead of geographic shift.

A lot of research shows that many of these magnetic shifts have occurred throughout history but none in our known history though I dismiss their evolutionary comments but at the same time I'm not one to believe that this earth or our corporeal world is a matter of thousands of years old.

This here shows what I was talking about:

Magnetic Flip-Flops

http://www.psc.edu/science/glatzmaier.html

I could also write a piece about how a geographic pole flip won't happen between now and the end of the 1,000 reign of Christ.

God could flip the earth back and forth all he wanted, it fits in the palm of his hand (Isaiah 40:12). But why would He and what purpose would it serve? It would only mean that humanity would have to start from scratch or near scratch again in order for things to fit together so that prophecy could be fulfilled in its entirety when were almost there already.

He could do it sure but highly improbable.

More on the sun standing still later...