PDA

View Full Version : Please Help please prove reincarnation is not true!

basketballforhim
Apr 15th 2010, 07:32 PM
I'm sitting here literally crying. I don't know if reincarnation is true or not. I really need God to help me. Please answer the following:

-Why do alot of people say they had and remember a past life?
-what proves that reincarnation isn't true?

please please help!!

Dani H
Apr 15th 2010, 11:02 PM
Nobody can prove whether it's true or not, actually. It's one of those things people claim, but they have zero proof.

However, what we can trust in, is the Bible. That is what God says. That is above what anybody else says, because God can't lie.

Hebrews 9:27

Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, (New International Version)

Everyone has to die once, then face the consequences. (The Message)

basketballforhim
Apr 15th 2010, 11:07 PM
Nobody can prove whether it's true or not, actually. It's one of those things people claim, but they have zero proof.

However, what we can trust in, is the Bible. That is what God says. That is above what anybody else says, because God can't lie.

Hebrews 9:27

Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, (New International Version)

Everyone has to die once, then face the consequences. (The Message)

never though of that. but i have a friend who says they have had 3 past lives and can remember them.. i believe in incarnation only. but still, it sounds convincing

HisLeast
Apr 15th 2010, 11:18 PM
First off, there's no need to be literally crying. You're going to have a long full life of people believing different things than you, and they're going to come up with very convincing arguments if only to convince themselves.

I think its important to know that reincarnation can be true, OR Christianity can be true, but not both simultaneously. So why does what your friend says sound so convincing to you? Is it because its your friend saying it? How do you know his story is reliable? Even if you do trust the reliability of his testimony, how is he sure that the memories are former lives and not dreams or things he's imagined up on his own? How does reincarnation work? What dynamics drive it? How is it controlled? Who created all souls which are currently cycling through? Where are the new souls coming from?

You see, viewing reincarnation on its own answers absolutely nothing. If someone wants to convince you that reincarnation is truth, they've got a lot more explaining to do beyond just that point. The Christian on the other hand, has the entirety of scripture to explain the background mechanics of life.

basketballforhim
Apr 15th 2010, 11:21 PM
First off, there's no need to be literally crying. You're going to have a long full life of people believing different things than you, and they're going to come up with very convincing arguments if only to convince themselves.

I think its important to know that reincarnation can be true, OR Christianity can be true, but not both simultaneously. So why does what your friend says sound so convincing to you? Is it because its your friend saying it? How do you know his story is reliable? Even if you do trust the reliability of his testimony, how is he sure that the memories are former lives and not dreams or things he's imagined up on his own? How does reincarnation work? What dynamics drive it? How is it controlled? Who created all souls which are currently cycling through? Where are the new souls coming from?

You see, viewing reincarnation on its own answers absolutely nothing. If someone wants to convince you that reincarnation is truth, they've got a lot more explaining to do beyond just that point. The Christian on the other hand, has the entirety of scripture to explain the background mechanics of life.

do u believe in reincarnation or deny it?

-SEEKING-
Apr 15th 2010, 11:24 PM
There is no reincarnation.

HisLeast
Apr 15th 2010, 11:25 PM
do u believe in reincarnation or deny it?

I believe that God has revealed himself to mankind as outlined in the Bible. I therefore can not simultaneously believe in reincarnation.

-SEEKING-
Apr 15th 2010, 11:27 PM
never though of that. but i have a friend who says they have had 3 past lives and can remember them.. i believe in incarnation only. but still, it sounds convincing

Ask your friend about the details of their experiences. How is the world similar now to their past lives? How is it different? What time period?

daughter
Apr 15th 2010, 11:43 PM
Hey, Basketball for him...

I've written some detailed information on your previous thread, about my own experience with reincarnation. It cost me something to write it, I was ashamed of my own gullibility, and I hope you take my experience on board.

But you know what finally taught me that this wasn't real? Not personal testimony, or rationalism... In the end it was only Jesus Christ who could teach me this wasn't true.

Ask HIM.

And don't worry if you choose to email me, as an ex witch who both believed in reincarnation, and "remembered" various things... your friend may not be lying to you, but the very fact you're weeping over this lie should tell you that your heart is right, even if your intellect is being led up a blind alley.

Just pray, ask Jesus to help you. I can't, neither can anyone else. But we can love you as a brother or a son, and pray that all will be well.

Don't worry. All will be well.

basketballforhim
Apr 16th 2010, 02:00 AM
Hey, Basketball for him...

I've written some detailed information on your previous thread, about my own experience with reincarnation. It cost me something to write it, I was ashamed of my own gullibility, and I hope you take my experience on board.

But you know what finally taught me that this wasn't real? Not personal testimony, or rationalism... In the end it was only Jesus Christ who could teach me this wasn't true.

Ask HIM.

And don't worry if you choose to email me, as an ex witch who both believed in reincarnation, and "remembered" various things... your friend may not be lying to you, but the very fact you're weeping over this lie should tell you that your heart is right, even if your intellect is being led up a blind alley.

Just pray, ask Jesus to help you. I can't, neither can anyone else. But we can love you as a brother or a son, and pray that all will be well.

Don't worry. All will be well.

okay. so why again do people think they remember past lives?

-SEEKING-
Apr 16th 2010, 02:07 AM

It could be a dream, or subconcious memory, or a very creative imagination. Can they prove they lived past lives? Beyond just memories?

daughter
Apr 16th 2010, 02:12 AM
Did you read my previous posts? People believe they remember past lives for the same reasons that they remember being abducted by aliens, or impregnated by spiders... I'm sorry to say that there is a very deep tendency in humans to fabricate memories.

A good example I can give you is "fragments", a memoir by someone who was convinced that he was a victim of the holocaust. It became completely clear that his memories were not real, but the man couldn't help but "remember" his traumas. Perhaps this link will help you understand the kind of mental processes that are going on when someone "remembers" something which is demonstrably unreal.
http://www.stopbadtherapy.com/experts/fragments/letter.shtml

basketballforhim
Apr 16th 2010, 02:20 AM
Did you read my previous posts? People believe they remember past lives for the same reasons that they remember being abducted by aliens, or impregnated by spiders... I'm sorry to say that there is a very deep tendency in humans to fabricate memories.

A good example I can give you is "fragments", a memoir by someone who was convinced that he was a victim of the holocaust. It became completely clear that his memories were not real, but the man couldn't help but "remember" his traumas. Perhaps this link will help you understand the kind of mental processes that are going on when someone "remembers" something which is demonstrably unreal.
http://www.stopbadtherapy.com/experts/fragments/letter.shtml

wow but what if traumus never happened?

daughter
Apr 16th 2010, 06:12 PM
That's the point of the link I directed you too. People can have very vivid memories of things that never happened to them. In the case of the author of fragments it could be proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that his award winning memoirs were based on false memory... none of those things ever happened. And there are many instances of people who in so called "therapy" started to "remember" being raped or sexually abused by their parents... some women I actually know believe that they were forced to have babies who were sacrificed to Satan. And yet one of these women when examined was discovered to be virgo intacta... that is not only had she never had a pregnancy or given birth, she'd never had sex. So where did these memories come from?

People have a need to tell stories to place them in the world. For example, I have very severe claustrophobia, and have panic attacks on the London Underground. I know a woman who is adamant that I must have been one of the people who died in the Underground when it was used as a bomb shelter in the Second World War. She claims to have "powers" and to be able to read my past lives. If I was susceptible I would be one of the many people she "ministers" to who start to remember the lies she tells.

Just because something feels real doesn't mean it is real. I'm sure your friend really does have vivid images in her mind of alleged past lives... but that's all they are. Imaginings, daydreams, stories she tells herself.

I really do hope that she grows out of it, and I also pray that you have the sense not to fall for it. Be gentle with her, but don't play along with her, or you could get sucked in. You're at a vulnerable age, one of those cusps in a person's life where character is formed.

So, don't worry, or cry about it... just trust your Bible. "It is appointed to man to die once, and after this the Judgement."

That's the truth of it. There is no reincarnation.

basketballforhim
Apr 16th 2010, 07:22 PM
That's the point of the link I directed you too. People can have very vivid memories of things that never happened to them. In the case of the author of fragments it could be proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that his award winning memoirs were based on false memory... none of those things ever happened. And there are many instances of people who in so called "therapy" started to "remember" being raped or sexually abused by their parents... some women I actually know believe that they were forced to have babies who were sacrificed to Satan. And yet one of these women when examined was discovered to be virgo intacta... that is not only had she never had a pregnancy or given birth, she'd never had sex. So where did these memories come from?

People have a need to tell stories to place them in the world. For example, I have very severe claustrophobia, and have panic attacks on the London Underground. I know a woman who is adamant that I must have been one of the people who died in the Underground when it was used as a bomb shelter in the Second World War. She claims to have "powers" and to be able to read my past lives. If I was susceptible I would be one of the many people she "ministers" to who start to remember the lies she tells.

Just because something feels real doesn't mean it is real. I'm sure your friend really does have vivid images in her mind of alleged past lives... but that's all they are. Imaginings, daydreams, stories she tells herself.

I really do hope that she grows out of it, and I also pray that you have the sense not to fall for it. Be gentle with her, but don't play along with her, or you could get sucked in. You're at a vulnerable age, one of those cusps in a person's life where character is formed.

So, don't worry, or cry about it... just trust your Bible. "It is appointed to man to die once, and after this the Judgement."

That's the truth of it. There is no reincarnation.

wow you write some good TRUE stuff. i added in the caps 'true' so it doesn't sound like im being sarcastic. good job! i just have a few more questions:

-why do psychiatrists say these people really did live past lives? I've always thought they are just defending their false beliefs.
-why are there so many reincarnation sites proving it right and barely any sites proving it wrong?

-God Bless-

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77