PDA

View Full Version : So is this the 'writing on the wall"?

moonglow
Feb 22nd 2011, 08:46 PM
I love it when the secular news uses this expression because its so bibical..:lol:

Usually we use 'signs' ..we are to be watching for signs of Christ's return. What does this mean to you?

And what do you all think of the latest events going on in the middle east? The extremely harsh weather this winter, the animals (birds, fish and others) dying in mass, horrible fires in Australia, then a cyclone, now an earthquake in New Zealand which usually leads to more earthquakes in other places due to them being part of the ring of fire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Ring_of_Fire) along with of course how very bad our economy still is and will get worse due to rising gas prices due to the conflicts in the middle east..and if its bad for us it is/will be for many other countries. And of course what is happening in many churches throughout the world too..very great false teachings going on...can't say that is new, but its pretty awful and with some seems to get crazier and crazier. How do you view our Christian 'health' over all? Strengthening? Weakening? When we put all of these things together...do you think they are the signs we should be watching for? Why or why not?

I am just wondering how other Christians are seeing all of these events...and what your prayers with God might be telling you too. This includes dreams or visions. I don't really want to debate anything...just feedback. Thanks

God bless

markdrums
Feb 22nd 2011, 08:57 PM
I think the amount & frequency of these things is about the same as it's been for decades & longer.
The difference nowadays is, we hear about EVERYTHING, INSTANTLY!! :cool:

"Back in the day" we never heard about many of the things that get reported on the news.... and if we did, it would take a couple days or more.

BUT.... there's definitely enough chaos to keep me on my toes, with my eyes & ears wide open. That's for sure! ;)

teddyv
Feb 22nd 2011, 09:12 PM
I love it when the secular news uses this expression because its so bibical..:lol:

Usually we use 'signs' ..we are to be watching for signs of Christ's return. What does this mean to you?

And what do you all think of the latest events going on in the middle east? The extremely harsh weather this winter, the animals (birds, fish and others) dying in mass, horrible fires in Australia, then a cyclone, now an earthquake in New Zealand which usually leads to more earthquakes in other places due to them being part of the ring of fire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Ring_of_Fire) along with of course how very bad our economy still is and will get worse due to rising gas prices due to the conflicts in the middle east..and if its bad for us it is/will be for many other countries. And of course what is happening in many churches throughout the world too..very great false teachings going on...can't say that is new, but its pretty awful and with some seems to get crazier and crazier. How do you view our Christian 'health' over all? Strengthening? Weakening? When we put all of these things together...do you think they are the signs we should be watching for? Why or why not?

I am just wondering how other Christians are seeing all of these events...and what your prayers with God might be telling you too. This includes dreams or visions. I don't really want to debate anything...just feedback. Thanks

God bless

Personally, all things being equal, I see the economy improving - it'll be a while yet in the US, but the signs are there. Certainly we are doing pretty well to the north, but then we did not take it on the chin as the US did. Stock markets are generally up which, IIRC, historically mean a general overall improvement.

As far as the earthquake/natural disasters, I don't read any increase in the Biblical references - just a statement not to worry about these when we hear about them.

Without a knowledge of complete history of what the church has taught over the centuries, I'd be surprised if it is any worse, other than the amount of people it affects would be that much greater.

moonglow
Feb 22nd 2011, 09:13 PM
I think the amount & frequency of these things is about the same as it's been for decades & longer.
The difference nowadays is, we hear about EVERYTHING, INSTANTLY!! :cool:

"Back in the day" we never heard about many of the things that get reported on the news.... and if we did, it would take a couple days or more.

BUT.... there's definitely enough chaos to keep me on my toes, with my eyes & ears wide open. That's for sure! ;)

Thanks!

The amount and frequency of what? As far as I know there hasn't been civil uprisings like we are seeing in Egypt, Libra and other places in quite some time. I would have to check history to find out when the last times were..and they succeed! I think the earthquakes have remained steady for a very long time..they just affect more because there is more of us. Which is sad because the death toll rises. :cry:

When I heard this yesterday...well lets say I am not looking forward to the future very much..

The Six-Legged Meat of the Future (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703293204576106072340020728.html?m od=googlenews_wsj)

Could beetles, dragonfly larvae and water bug caviar be the meat of the future? As the global population booms and demand strains the world's supply of meat, there's a growing need for alternate animal proteins.

The vast majority of the developing world already eats insects. In Laos and Thailand, weaver-ant pupae are a highly prized and nutritious delicacy. They are prepared with shallots, lettuce, chilies, lime and spices and served with sticky rice. Further back in history, the ancient Romans considered beetle larvae to be gourmet fare, and the Old Testament mentions eating crickets and grasshoppers.

blah...on a side note you should have seen my son's face when he watched this news story...:lol::cool:

But all I could think of was that movie Charles Heston was in...:eek:

I am starting to think becoming a vegetarian sounds better and better all the time. :rolleyes:

God bless

markdrums
Feb 22nd 2011, 09:20 PM
Thanks!

The amount and frequency of what? As far as I know there hasn't been civil uprisings like we are seeing in Egypt, Libra and other places in quite some time. I would have to check history to find out when the last times were..and they succeed! I think the earthquakes have remained steady for a very long time..they just affect more because there is more of us. Which is sad because the death toll rises. :cry:

When I heard this yesterday...well lets say I am not looking forward to the future very much..

The Six-Legged Meat of the Future (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703293204576106072340020728.html?m od=googlenews_wsj)

Could beetles, dragonfly larvae and water bug caviar be the meat of the future? As the global population booms and demand strains the world's supply of meat, there's a growing need for alternate animal proteins.

The vast majority of the developing world already eats insects. In Laos and Thailand, weaver-ant pupae are a highly prized and nutritious delicacy. They are prepared with shallots, lettuce, chilies, lime and spices and served with sticky rice. Further back in history, the ancient Romans considered beetle larvae to be gourmet fare, and the Old Testament mentions eating crickets and grasshoppers.

blah...on a side note you should have seen my son's face when he watched this news story...:lol::cool:

But all I could think of was that movie Charles Heston was in...:eek:

I am starting to think becoming a vegetarian sounds better and better all the time. :rolleyes:

God bless

LOL!!!
Well, I can say that I have always been an "adventerous" eater..... but I still haven't added "creepy crawlies" to my regular diet. :lol: (But, thinking about it.... bugs are probably a lot like shellfish, except they live on land.... hmmmm) :hmm:

Perhaps I might need to do some personal research & taste-testing???

I'll update you if that happens. :P :monkeyd:

moonglow
Feb 22nd 2011, 09:23 PM
Personally, all things being equal, I see the economy improving - it'll be a while yet in the US, but the signs are there. Certainly we are doing pretty well to the north, but then we did not take it on the chin as the US did. Stock markets are generally up which, IIRC, historically mean a general overall improvement.

As far as the earthquake/natural disasters, I don't read any increase in the Biblical references - just a statement not to worry about these when we hear about them.

Without a knowledge of complete history of what the church has taught over the centuries, I'd be surprised if it is any worse, other than the amount of people it affects would be that much greater.

Yes the list of people claiming to be the Second Coming of Christ and false teachers and prophets dates back to the NT times for sure.

What I see in the church is a wider gap of true teachings vs false teachings...a separating of the sheep from the goats. There is little middle ground anymore. I realize false teaching was something Paul was battling from the get go for sure and that is nothing new. I just see a widening gap between the two and I do see good bible based churches growing in strength and in numbers and their faith growing mighty.

One thing I know for sure that has changed and does affect people greatly is the media. The corruption in it through songs, through shows, through magazines and even news..and of course the internet, is astounding and stunning when compared to what was viewed when my mom was growing up. A huge, huge change there for sure and its greatly influencing young people. Their ideas about the world is being formed through the media and its not good at all. :( I personally see the media as a type of false prophet.

Thanks for your input. :)

God bless

moonglow
Feb 22nd 2011, 09:26 PM
LOL!!!
Well, I can say that I have always been an "adventerous" eater..... but I still haven't added "creepy crawlies" to my regular diet. :lol: (But, thinking about it.... bugs are probably a lot like shellfish, except they live on land.... hmmmm) :hmm:

Perhaps I might need to do some personal research & taste-testing???

I'll update you if that happens. :P :monkeyd:

Dude you have some serious issues you need to work on...:rofl: ewwwww!!!

My son bought some chocolate covered grasshoppers once but I don't think he ever ate them. ugh. I think people need to investigate what these bugs eat themselves, or what they crawl over and on...it ain't pretty..then they eat the bugs. ew.

Yep...pounds of lettuce here I come...:rolleyes:

markdrums
Feb 22nd 2011, 09:29 PM
Dude you have some serious issues you need to work on...:rofl: ewwwww!!!

What...? Did you JUST meet me? LOL!!!! :lol: :rofl:

moonglow
Feb 22nd 2011, 10:30 PM
What...? Did you JUST meet me? LOL!!!! :lol: :rofl:

I am just informing those that don't know you...ha :monkeyd:

tango
Feb 22nd 2011, 10:39 PM
Stock markets are generally up which, IIRC, historically mean a general overall improvement.

They thought that in 1929 as well, and the second wave of the downturn wiped out more people than the first did.

It might be a good omen, it might not. I just wouldn't read too much into anything the stock market does.

Agreed

teddyv
Feb 22nd 2011, 10:57 PM
They thought that in 1929 as well, and the second wave of the downturn wiped out more people than the first did.

It might be a good omen, it might not. I just wouldn't read too much into anything the stock market does.I presume you are referring to the dreaded "W" recession type of recovery. I know you are a bit of a pessimist in these matters (based on other posts). I just can't help being more of an optimist, I suppose, especially in my biz.

tango
Feb 22nd 2011, 11:00 PM
I presume you are referring to the dreaded "W" recession type of recovery. I know you are a bit of a pessimist in these matters (based on other posts). I just can't help being more of an optimist, I suppose, especially in my biz.

More the double-dip recession - I see a W as having two equal downturns followed by a relatively fast recovery - 1929 was anything but (taking until 1954 to recover the highs of 1929).

It's good to be thought of as "a bit of a pessimist" given I generally suggest that people who want uplifting forecasts don't even talk to me about economics. Honestly, I just don't see any way out of where we are without economic pain like we haven't seen in generations.

For the record I seriously hope I'm wrong, I just don't see much economic optimism for the future.

ProjectPeter
Feb 22nd 2011, 11:36 PM
More the double-dip recession - I see a W as having two equal downturns followed by a relatively fast recovery - 1929 was anything but (taking until 1954 to recover the highs of 1929).

It's good to be thought of as "a bit of a pessimist" given I generally suggest that people who want uplifting forecasts don't even talk to me about economics. Honestly, I just don't see any way out of where we are without economic pain like we haven't seen in generations.

For the record I seriously hope I'm wrong, I just don't see much economic optimism for the future.Nah... it's toast. Too much debt and not enough common sense. :lol:

tango
Feb 22nd 2011, 11:40 PM
Nah... it's toast. Too much debt and not enough common sense. :lol:

That's being a bit simplistic, but sums up my thoughts pretty well all the same

ProjectPeter
Feb 23rd 2011, 12:16 AM
That's being a bit simplistic, but sums up my thoughts pretty well all the same
SImple is good.

Dani H
Feb 23rd 2011, 12:23 AM
There's definitely something up.

I'm just not entirely sure what. It's definitely not going to be business as usual anymore, ever again I don't think.

Sorry to not have been more helpful. I'll see myself out ...

Firefighter
Feb 23rd 2011, 12:26 AM
I think we can get into deep trouble quick when we try to fit headlines into ETC...

tango
Feb 23rd 2011, 12:29 AM
I think we can get into deep trouble quick when we try to fit headlines into ETC...

End times or no end times, I still think the economy is toast. I thought that before I considered the Bible to have any relevance to my life at all, and still think it now.

ProjectPeter
Feb 23rd 2011, 12:41 AM

Thing is... the End Times stuff will be the headlines. Tis the reality check.

Dani H
Feb 23rd 2011, 12:44 AM
I read headlines for general information, not as a predictor of things. Only GOD knows the future.

The only thing I know right now, is we had best dig in our heels and draw as close to Him as we know how, and get ready to minister because there's going to be people coming our way wanting answers, that the Internet can't give them with all their political spins and marketing schemes and self-centeredness where it's every man for himself. What answer do news outlets have? None. Everybody has an agenda. They all do. So what true information is out there?

You want truth? Read the Bible.

Because the only answer is Jesus. There's lines being drawn, and we better know which side we're on, and stay there, and grow there and not move.

God is shaking things, and it's only the beginning. Get with Him, and stick with Him, and stand with Him, and for Him. We're not going to remain unaffected. To think so, is a pipedream. Our faith had better be solid in God and not in some economy or some world system. Because that's all subject to change, like that.

It's really kinda funny because when the economy was seemingly doing so well, we were struggling like nobody's business. Now things are falling apart everywhere, and God is taking care of us. It's polar opposite, and always has been for me personally. Because my God is not dependent on some economic system; we just have to know how to have faith and look to Him for all our answers and provision.

I mean really, if you don't have faith to pray in a bottle of shampoo, how can you trust Him for your rent every month or greater things? How can you trust Him to build something with you that will feed and clothe many?

Where's our faith, really? It should be our true currency, for everything. Not for self-enrichment and personal comfort but for true provision from the hand of God to meet people's needs. Spiritually, emotionally, and physically. But we gotta empty ourselves first so we can be filled with His things instead.

Sorry, I'm rambling ... there's just way too much to put in words here ... gah. :)

moonglow
Feb 23rd 2011, 04:56 AM
I read headlines for general information, not as a predictor of things. Only GOD knows the future.

The only thing I know right now, is we had best dig in our heels and draw as close to Him as we know how, and get ready to minister because there's going to be people coming our way wanting answers, that the Internet can't give them with all their political spins and marketing schemes and self-centeredness where it's every man for himself. What answer do news outlets have? None. Everybody has an agenda. They all do. So what true information is out there?

You want truth? Read the Bible.

Because the only answer is Jesus. There's lines being drawn, and we better know which side we're on, and stay there, and grow there and not move.

God is shaking things, and it's only the beginning. Get with Him, and stick with Him, and stand with Him, and for Him. We're not going to remain unaffected. To think so, is a pipedream. Our faith had better be solid in God and not in some economy or some world system. Because that's all subject to change, like that.

It's really kinda funny because when the economy was seemingly doing so well, we were struggling like nobody's business. Now things are falling apart everywhere, and God is taking care of us. It's polar opposite, and always has been for me personally. Because my God is not dependent on some economic system; we just have to know how to have faith and look to Him for all our answers and provision.

I mean really, if you don't have faith to pray in a bottle of shampoo, how can you trust Him for your rent every month or greater things? How can you trust Him to build something with you that will feed and clothe many?

Where's our faith, really? It should be our true currency, for everything. Not for self-enrichment and personal comfort but for true provision from the hand of God to meet people's needs. Spiritually, emotionally, and physically. But we gotta empty ourselves first so we can be filled with His things instead.

Sorry, I'm rambling ... there's just way too much to put in words here ... gah. :)

I agree..especially with the bolded part and frankly I am truly surprised there haven't been a ton of 'this is the end' posts on here given everything going on. Now I confess I am the first to be a nay sayer on most of those posts because they base it on one single thing going on. Like alot of earthquakes going on ..or once based on a bad tornado season which was out of the norm. Or fires or lightening strikes...etc. Single things like this we just can't declare anything...nor I am on this either on this. And I know 'feelings' are usually wrong. If people went on feelings alone Christ would have return ages ago...so obviously they were wrong.

I am not trying to match headlines with scriptures..I even tell people not to do that...can't really match alot of what is happening with scriptures anyway. But I can't ignore everything that is happening either.

First it IS affecting all of us...some in worse ways then others. If for no other reason those things need to be watched and prayed on...

But lastly I bring this up because I have had two visions and a this morning a dream of Christ saying He is making a 'new day'. A new day is coming. I wanted to see if anyone else was hearing from God..or having dreams or visions or anything similar to mine. That at least I have scripture for. Big changing are happening..its not in the future anymore in some distance time..its happening now. So I just think people need to be on their toes and paying attention to the signs...to the writing on the wall.

God bless

BrckBrln
Feb 23rd 2011, 05:49 AM
I don't believe there to be any signs of the end time. I think things in the world will continue going on as they have for ages past. Things will get better and things will get worse. Eventually I guess Jesus will return and bring the consummation of all things. But I don't think there will be any discernible signs showing us how close or how far we are.

awestruckchild
Feb 23rd 2011, 03:14 PM
Of COURSE I noted the name of the place where that earthquake happened - ChristChurch. Just another of those really odd things....

ProjectPeter
Feb 23rd 2011, 04:32 PM
I agree..especially with the bolded part and frankly I am truly surprised there haven't been a ton of 'this is the end' posts on here given everything going on. Now I confess I am the first to be a nay sayer on most of those posts because they base it on one single thing going on. Like alot of earthquakes going on ..or once based on a bad tornado season which was out of the norm. Or fires or lightening strikes...etc. Single things like this we just can't declare anything...nor I am on this either on this. And I know 'feelings' are usually wrong. If people went on feelings alone Christ would have return ages ago...so obviously they were wrong.

I am not trying to match headlines with scriptures..I even tell people not to do that...can't really match alot of what is happening with scriptures anyway. But I can't ignore everything that is happening either.

First it IS affecting all of us...some in worse ways then others. If for no other reason those things need to be watched and prayed on...

But lastly I bring this up because I have had two visions and a this morning a dream of Christ saying He is making a 'new day'. A new day is coming. I wanted to see if anyone else was hearing from God..or having dreams or visions or anything similar to mine. That at least I have scripture for. Big changing are happening..its not in the future anymore in some distance time..its happening now. So I just think people need to be on their toes and paying attention to the signs...to the writing on the wall.

God bless

Perhaps it is the naysaying that keeps people from posting it more. ;)

tango
Feb 23rd 2011, 05:20 PM

Nothing I can describe in any specific feeling, other than a gut feeling that something big is going to be revealed and before too long. Unfortunately "big" and "before too long" are subjective, and details are scarce for now.

moonglow
Feb 23rd 2011, 05:57 PM
Perhaps it is the naysaying that keeps people from posting it more. ;)

In most cases I would say good! I say good because people really should not be pushing the 'panic button' over literally anything. Its not right and it sends fragile people over the edge. Another message board is rumored to have been sued for their constant, 'this is the end' messages on their board because a lady had a nervous breakdown over the constant stress and expectations of it all...so they no longer allow those type of threads...thank goodness. Not too mention the damage it can do to a persons faith when they are literally expecting Jesus any second and have packed their bags, written notes to loved ones, stopped going to work, stopped sending their kids to school and make no plans at all for the future ...which goes against what the bible tells us. Paul dealt with that in 2 Thessalonians 2...certain ones stopped doing anything because they expected Christ any minute. Then nothing happens...event after event leaving them on edge and nothing happens...eventually it will take a toll on their faith.

Watching and expecting are one thing...which my understanding of scriptures we are to do but not to the point we stop our lives and just sit around and wait for His return. I am watching all these going on myself but I am certainly not stopping my life...whether it leads to Christ's return or something else I don't know.

I do know gas prices here jumped ten cent over night and they are telling people on the news to expect it to get much worse due to what is happening in Libya. Now we know when gas prices goes up its not just at the pump we are affected...but everything else goes up including food prices because those things are brought in by truckers that have to pay for the rising gas prices someway themselves. :( And our economy is so fragile right now...I think this could really hurt goes those still struggling. Rising gas prices killed alot of business before...then the housing bubble burst and that is what started the regression to begin with. :( I can't afford higher gas prices..that is for sure. :(

God bless

ProjectPeter
Feb 23rd 2011, 07:10 PM
In most cases I would say good! I say good because people really should not be pushing the 'panic button' over literally anything. Its not right and it sends fragile people over the edge. Another message board is rumored to have been sued for their constant, 'this is the end' messages on their board because a lady had a nervous breakdown over the constant stress and expectations of it all...so they no longer allow those type of threads...thank goodness. THat's a urban legend just so you know. :)

Not too mention the damage it can do to a persons faith when they are literally expecting Jesus any second and have packed their bags, written notes to loved ones, stopped going to work, stopped sending their kids to school and make no plans at all for the future ...which goes against what the bible tells us.A person that silly and fragile... the net is the last place they need to be and if we're going to go there then we should go all the way... they ought never read Revelation or many of the prophets lest they take it all wrong and continue in stupidity!

Paul dealt with that in 2 Thessalonians 2...certain ones stopped doing anything because they expected Christ any minute. Then nothing happens...event after event leaving them on edge and nothing happens...eventually it will take a toll on their faith.Dopn't think that's what Paul was speaking of in Thess. It's pretty well understood that even Paul very much expected the return of Christ within his own lifetime as should everyone throughout history... that's Jesus' point by saying "you don't know the day or hour... be ready." All of us should live as if today is the only day... spiritually speaking as well as materially speaking.

Watching and expecting are one thing...which my understanding of scriptures we are to do but not to the point we stop our lives and just sit around and wait for His return. I am watching all these going on myself but I am certainly not stopping my life...whether it leads to Christ's return or something else I don't know. In all my time here, even with the many nutbars that have passed through the boards during that time, I can't think of but a very small number of people that have even implied that we should stop doing and sell off everything because Jesus was coming like lickety split! Most folks that believe it very near, myself included in that number, don't even allude to any such thing as that. Matter of fact... everything should be with more a sense of urgency than otherwise. Most folk that I know who think it very close operate that way... not even close to what you are describing although most people opposed toss that out there.

I do know gas prices here jumped ten cent over night and they are telling people on the news to expect it to get much worse due to what is happening in Libya. Now we know when gas prices goes up its not just at the pump we are affected...but everything else goes up including food prices because those things are brought in by truckers that have to pay for the rising gas prices someway themselves. :( And our economy is so fragile right now...I think this could really hurt goes those still struggling. Rising gas prices killed alot of business before...then the housing bubble burst and that is what started the regression to begin with. :( I can't afford higher gas prices..that is for sure. :(

God blessRising gas prices are just part of the goings on. God's coming after our baskets... it's been prophesied. :)

moonglow
Feb 23rd 2011, 08:42 PM
THat's a urban legend just so you know. :)

A person that silly and fragile... the net is the last place they need to be and if we're going to go there then we should go all the way... they ought never read Revelation or many of the prophets lest they take it all wrong and continue in stupidity!

Dopn't think that's what Paul was speaking of in Thess. It's pretty well understood that even Paul very much expected the return of Christ within his own lifetime as should everyone throughout history... that's Jesus' point by saying "you don't know the day or hour... be ready." All of us should live as if today is the only day... spiritually speaking as well as materially speaking.

In all my time here, even with the many nutbars that have passed through the boards during that time, I can't think of but a very small number of people that have even implied that we should stop doing and sell off everything because Jesus was coming like lickety split! Most folks that believe it very near, myself included in that number, don't even allude to any such thing as that. Matter of fact... everything should be with more a sense of urgency than otherwise. Most folk that I know who think it very close operate that way... not even close to what you are describing although most people opposed toss that out there.

Rising gas prices are just part of the goings on. God's coming after our baskets... it's been prophesied. :)

I don't know if that was a urban legend or not because the board in question did change their rules after I heard about that. :hmm: And while I agree few on here say run for the hills and hide, I saw a thread that was two years long on another board some years ago where people had literally just quit living. Had things packed up and a letter for those left behind...that was what I was referring too. They were the most depressing group of people I ever saw. It was really sad. I have seen a few on here..mostly new members go into a complete panic over some of the threads on this form. :(

At any rate I have read more then one bible commentary where the people Paul wrote too had stopped working thinking the Second Coming was at hand. One thing Paul states right off the bat is this that everyone needs to keep in mind:

2 Thessalonians 2

1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come.

Rising gas prices are just part of the goings on. God's coming after our baskets... it's been prophesied.

What prophesy? And what do you mean by baskets? Seems like to me its the oil companies that will get richer off the rising gas prices...among others. :hmm:

I saw you posted this on the breaking news section but I am going to put a link here for those that tend to stay on one form: Obama drops defense of law against gay marriage (http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/02/23/obama.gay.marriage/index.html?hpt=T2)

God bless

ProjectPeter
Feb 23rd 2011, 08:54 PM
I don't know if that was a urban legend or not because the board in question did change their rules after I heard about that. :hmm: And while I agree few on here say run for the hills and hide, I saw a thread that was two years long on another board some years ago where people had literally just quit living. Had things packed up and a letter for those left behind...that was what I was referring too. They were the most depressing group of people I ever saw. It was really sad. I have seen a few on here..mostly new members go into a complete panic over some of the threads on this form. :(

At any rate I have read more then one bible commentary where the people Paul wrote too had stopped working thinking the Second Coming was at hand. One thing Paul states right off the bat is this that everyone needs to keep in mind:

2 Thessalonians 2

1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come.

That's the problem with commentaries. They fill in blanks but there is nothing really that tells us the "why" other than apparently folks were being like some... just stupid. :lol:

What prophesy? And what do you mean by baskets? Seems like to me its the oil companies that will get richer off the rising gas prices...among others. :hmm:

I saw you posted this on the breaking news section but I am going to put a link here for those that tend to stay on one form: Obama drops defense of law against gay marriage (http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/02/23/obama.gay.marriage/index.html?hpt=T2)

God blessThere are several... but inflation (gross inflation) will be one of the results of all the other stuff hitting the fan. One example... that fourth (think it is) horse in revelation.

Could too just be judgment on the nation. That is part of that as well. Time will tell there. Looking for a few other things to happen first. If drought becomes a major issue in Egypt next... then I'll holler all the louder. :)

moonglow
Feb 23rd 2011, 10:57 PM
That's the problem with commentaries. They fill in blanks but there is nothing really that tells us the "why" other than apparently folks were being like some... just stupid. :lol:

There are several... but inflation (gross inflation) will be one of the results of all the other stuff hitting the fan. One example... that fourth (think it is) horse in revelation.

Could too just be judgment on the nation. That is part of that as well. Time will tell there. Looking for a few other things to happen first. If drought becomes a major issue in Egypt next... then I'll holler all the louder. :)

Well people haven't really changed...:rolleyes: Alot of what Paul dealt with is still around. :cool:

What bible passage are you thinking of in regards to the Nile River drying up?

God bless

ProjectPeter
Feb 23rd 2011, 11:03 PM
Isaiah 19

moonglow
Feb 25th 2011, 05:15 PM
Isaiah 19

Oh I see. I wondered about that passage too in light of what was going on in Egypt so I posted on bible chat and asked about it. http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php/220446-Are-all-the-prophecies-in-Isaiah-19-concerning-Egypt-fulfilled-or-not?highlight=Isaiah

God bless

ProjectPeter
Feb 26th 2011, 03:07 AM
Saw that thread and saw no need to jump in. Some say it has already been fulfilled and they'll come up with something obscure that makes discussing it futile. Tis why I talk very little about end times stuff with folks on here. If one of two things happen... a drought hits them hard or another even nastier ruler takes place and then a drought hits them hard... then I'd say it wasn't fulfilled yet not that facts would change folks mind that think it fulfilled already. :lol:

LPZho
Feb 26th 2011, 10:39 AM
Within two years the muslims are going to have a go at Israel. Thats the time until Obama is quite likely voted out. He's no great friend of Israel. Its a window of opportunity. For the first tiem in 30 years America has no carrier group in the med. You put a republican back in and its hunky-dory again with Israel. Its best to hit someone when their big brother ain't around. American troops may not have fought side by side with Israelis in the past but its a real possibility depending on the threat faced. And it would be best to strike with american support lukewarm.

The radicals are going to try to focus this popular sentiment against Israel somehow. The reason it says in Ezekiel someverse or another that God will leave only a sixth part of gog behind is because thats what happens with a jihad. When they call a jihad all join in, citizens and soldiers alike. Its a popular affair, driven by popular sentiment. Their going to stir things up through hezbollah or hamas or some such and try to get the clerics to call a jihad. Whether it fizzles, or is a minor skirmish like the gaza incursion a couple years ago, or becomes a war like 67 or 73, or is the biggie with fire from the sky who can say, but this opportunity will not be neglected. The mullahs have their feet to the fire as well; their future is not assured. They have to have a certain sense of urgency.

moonglow
Feb 27th 2011, 03:34 AM
Saw that thread and saw no need to jump in. Some say it has already been fulfilled and they'll come up with something obscure that makes discussing it futile. Tis why I talk very little about end times stuff with folks on here. If one of two things happen... a drought hits them hard or another even nastier ruler takes place and then a drought hits them hard... then I'd say it wasn't fulfilled yet not that facts would change folks mind that think it fulfilled already. :lol:

Some would say it was some double prophecies then...partly fulfilled before but not completely...the examples given on those so far I find are pretty lacking and don't hold water. At any rate...its pretty much wait and see I suppose. :hmm:

God bless

ProjectPeter
Feb 27th 2011, 04:09 AM
Some would say it was some double prophecies then...partly fulfilled before but not completely...the examples given on those so far I find are pretty lacking and don't hold water. At any rate...its pretty much wait and see I suppose. :hmm:

God bless

Folks can go back in history and take and work it all as allagory or some such and say this and that equals prophesy fulfilled... but I don't buy it. Too much in that hasn't been fulfilled and while there are some Christian folk there... there's never been a very large population of Christian in Egypt.. nor Jew. It doesn't work as fulfilled yet. Anyway... yep. Time will tell. Always does!

moonglow
Feb 28th 2011, 06:21 PM

For the record I seriously hope I'm wrong, I just don't see much economic optimism for the future.

Well I am afraid we are both right on this...been watching the news and for days now they are warning everyone that because of the rising gas prices the prices of everything will be going up and it could do severe damage to the economy that is barely recovering from the recession. :( All because of the uprising in first Egypt and now Libya. They are also talking about a government shut down in order to balance the budget.

God bless

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77