PDA

View Full Version : Bringing 2 worlds together

MercyChild
May 6th 2011, 08:33 AM
Last night I might have pulled the craziest stunt ever. I was facilitating the NA meeting last night for about 40 recovering addicts and I invited my entire home fellowship group to participate as supporters, seeing that they all had some questions concerning addiction, I thought I will take them to the guys that will give them real and honest answers, without sugar coating anything. I was a bit afraid because I was not certain what was going to play off. So after introductions I split them all into groups.

Then I just stood and watched from the outside to see if anything would go wrong or someone maybe get upset and if needed I could intervene. But to my amazement nothing like this ever happened! It was awesome; among the addicts I saw leaders, advisors, and honest people. Among the supporters I saw them showing respect, brilliant listening skills, compassion and much more!

By the time I gave them an opportunity to give a closing statement, I was amazed how much healing actually took place among most addicts there. People who were afraid to become part of society gave their best last night and some of them even had to dig deep again, realising that they still had issues.
What touched me most is one of the guys I often bumped heads with, always claiming that he was an atheist responded to Christianity and acknowledged God and he advised that the first step of healing is the step of forgiveness. There is also a Muslim guy that attends and I wanted to give him one of my books before, but because he does not believe in Christianity I was still waiting on God to lead me to go ahead or not. Last night he actually said that he is considering joining our home fellowship group on Wednesdays! Now that is awesome. He claimed that his faith might not be what he was looking for all these years. So, please pray with me for this guy called Mohammed.

Last night there was a vibe and energy of hope, peace, joy, healing and God’s presence. I sensed it. For the first time, everyone walked out of there uplifted.

I think what I want to share by this, is that sometimes we get strange thoughts to take action and then we are uncertain and just avoid it. I have learned again, that these strange thoughts might not be my thoughts but the Holy Spirit’s inspiration. Last night as I just stood and watched from the outside not participating at all, I could see how God was working among addicts and none addicts. I did not have to do anything as God was doing the work, and I therefore thank Him that I could just stand and watch how he started His work of healing in both addicts and none addicts life. This surely was one of the many awesome experiences I have had. All thanks and glory to our GOD!! Please pray for my fellow mates in recovery.:pp:pp

HisLeast
May 6th 2011, 01:16 PM
That was a risky move, and I'm glad it paid off for everyone. I'm especially glad your fellowship had some open ears and (hopefully) learned a few things.

-SEEKING-
May 6th 2011, 01:36 PM
That's a great testimony. Thank you for sharing.

Clockstopper
May 9th 2011, 08:39 PM
Yes I agree. I will pray for you.

MercyChild
May 10th 2011, 08:41 AM
Somedays I think we just need to keep our faith simple. If our heart tells us to do, we must just do. If God tells us to go right, we must turn right. We alwyas seem to make things complicated by saying things like, I need at least two more confirmations. Or I will wait until I hear it again. But I have learned to keep it simple and is going to put it to practice.

baxpack7
May 15th 2011, 01:45 PM
Yes, thank you for sharing that refreshing story with us. God is certainly an awesome God!!!

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77