PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice: Name of Christ VOID? Demonic Attacks

janfow365
Dec 17th 2011, 09:17 AM
Good Day Everyone,

I have an odd problem that I need some serious advice on. I am fairly active prophetically - mostly as a Seer. I am active in dream interpretation and prophetic service. Ever since I have been called by the Lord into this service, I have been, as I expected, experiencing increased demonic backlash in my life. Most of this I've been able to handle, however, I have been having increasingly attacks every few weeks of the demonic during my sleep.

I will often fall asleep, only to wake up several minutes later with a strong demonic presence in the room with me. It will keep me up... pricking me to awaken just as I'm to drift off to sleep. I also get demonically projected dreams (highly symbolic in nature, but always with a very demonic "flavour" to them), the sensation of a presence touching, pressing down, or crawling on me. I have changed location in my home to sleep at times. Sometimes successfully, sometimes unsuccessfully.

I have tried EVERYTHING to toss these demons out. I have a fairly close relationship with the Lord, but I can never seem to get any advice from Him on how to deal with this situation, which is frustrating.

I have tried renouncing the spirits in Jesus name. Doesn't work - hardly ever.
I have tried reading the Word out loud. Doesn't work.
I have tried speaking/declaring in Tongues. Doesn't work.
I've tried playing worship music, with some minimal success. But it doesn't all the time, work.
I have prayed and listened to the Spirit to tell me what to pray to get the demons to leave - Doesn't work.
I have had a pastor pray over the situation. Doesn't work.
I've tried repenting of whatever strongholds may be present. Praying for protection. Doesn't work.
I have scoured my home for unclean objects, videos, music, etc and gutted it all. Hasn't made a difference.

My life style is one of strict devotion, as much as I can at the moment. Prayer. Intercession. Prophetic assistance.
I am getting exhausted dealing with this. The most disturbing part is that none of the above, neither renouncing in Christ's name seems to do ANYTHING. I'm getting to my wits end. I'm starting to feel like God is ignoring the attacks I am under, and I have no idea why. It is very disturbing.

I know that God is now calling me to a season of intercessory prayer, however, I am reluctant to because I know that prayer angers the demonic something fierce. I just don't know if I can handle any more attack, without knowing how to combat back. I'm sick and tired of reading the armor of God section in Ephesians, and feeling like it's a sham.

If anyone can help me, please do. I'm at a loss as to what to do...

PJW
Dec 18th 2011, 04:41 AM
Dear janfow365,
Why did you "expect" to get demon backlash? Did any of the writers in the bible get demon backlash? What kind of "church" are you involved with?
Do you commit sin? Do your pastors commit sin? Does your ministry teach that a man CAN live without sin?
Did you know that God heareth not sinners? (John 9:31)
Answer these questions, truthfully, and write back.

cheech
Dec 18th 2011, 01:56 PM
I was where you are now. In fact my husband read this to me and said "man, this sounds like you could have wrote this a couple years ago!" I know how tired you are, so was I. When the Lord opened up my discernment a few years ago this was NOT what I expected. I expected for the Lord to put a thought in my mind and I would know if something was evil or good. Well it goes way past just a thought...lol. It is a very useful gift when you know what it's about.

First I will ask...how long have you been a seer? What you are experiencing could mean the Lord is sending you up another level spiritually. I went through two years of this...the first year heavy duty. Everything you wrote I tried and went through. No one could help me...no one except God. I too am an intercessor and you need a whole lot of faith and trust in God to deal with it, but the heaviness of it won't last forever. I spent many months being woken up within an hour of sleeping, I have felt something touch my hand as I slept and woke up to numb fingers where it touched, I have had many nights of one hour of sleep and not allowed to sleep during the day, I've spent days and nights with a cold presence constantly surrounding me where even my husband said "man it feels like I'm sitting next to an ice box!". Things crawling on me...yup...you name it it happened. I casted away, prayed, repented, did it all.

Now I will tell you what I learned...you may be in training for whatever the Lord is opening you up too. That is how I had to look at it and it was like a military training. I would sit on the edge of my bed many nights and all I heard (not audibly...hahaha) was the Lord saying "Patient endurance, endure the attacks patiently". So I did, all the while praying. Me and Christ became very close. I had problems with trusting God and this is what brought me to trust him with everything I have. I also had an unnatural fear of the spiritual things and feared witchcraft (not sure why) but this is what broke me of it all. The very things I was afraid of is the very things the Lord has me battling against in prayer not just for me but for others...praying for them. The enemy knew what my job was going to be and he tried everything to keep me bound in fear but God is more powerful!

So, become even closer to God. Nothing can happen without God's approval so he may be trying to make you stronger. When you feel the attacks at night, continue praying and reading the scriptures...I read a lot of psalms. When you are physically attacked, fear not for God is with you. Surrender the battle to the Lord...I spent a lot of time casting and no time surrendering...so I began surrendering to God the battle. Some spirits are rebellious so I did a lot of praying to God to explain to me what was happening and he showed me in dreams. Ask God what you need to learn out of this and he will tell you.

Stand firm...people will try to tell you this can't happen...oh yes it can. They will try to make you think you are doing all sorts of things wrong...God will show you if you are. Don't be weary..ask God to give you rest and he will...for a short time...lol. The idea is for the enemy to make you so tired you will give up...well gather up a stubborness and turn it towards the enemy...be bound and determined to keep moving forward...start thinking like a soldier...look up their training and how they think and work...that is the key to your success ;)

turtledove
Dec 18th 2011, 04:44 PM
Cheech has just posted an awesome witness of this experience. I know this also being an intercessor and now involved in a county wide intercessory prayer ministry.

I am grateful that she and I both are very blessed to have marriage partners who give us support through the discerning process. Actually mine is now also involved in the ministry of intercessory prayer and also on the church prayer team which ministers to people after services.

I think it is common for many to look at attacks and conclude that we are doing something wrong. But, once we have repented of any unconfessed sin present or not confessed before like for some..very important to repent and ask forgiveness for any past occult involvement so that the enemy can't hang on there. Once we have gotten our hearts right it isn't always easy going for sure.

It is a warfare and intercessors are in the front lines of battle.

Some won't understand what all you may be going through. Take comfort in that Job's friends in the Book of Job didn't understand either and had solutions and reasons for Job to hear. Remember what God said at the end of that book to them: Read Job if you will; but especially the epilogue: Job 42: 7-9. And remember verse 42:10 "...Job prayed for his friends..."

cheech
Dec 19th 2011, 12:39 AM
Thanks TD :) I have to say that when things first started, my own hubby didn't know what to make of it as I would feel something in the room and jump out of bed yelling "I command you to leave in the name of Jesus!" hahahahahaha...needless to say he didn't get much sleep for a while but then I realized...no need to yell...they can hear you just fine even if you whisper. No one, not even my Pastor knew what to make of it because I don't think he had even encountered anything like this before and he has done spiritual warfare for many years...but this was a daily and nightly attack...meaning I was always feeling the bitter cold or intense heat and yes a lot of it was in the bedroom because that's your place of rest. God did allow my hubby, Pastor and our Prophet to actually feel what I was going through so someone would know I wasn't a nut! lolol!

The biggest thing the Lord taught me was how to continue on with the mission even when I felt things. At that time I was getting ready to launch our recovery ministry at the church and I had to advertise it...for weeks it felt like I was wearing a cloak of lead on me I could barely move...it took every ounce of strength to get in my car and go from place to place putting up signs. It was the craziest thing I ever felt...and over the last few years I have felt and experienced some CRAZY stuff! People really don't realize just how real the spiritual realm is...people, it's not all in our heads! At one time I would have read a post like the OP or my own and thought "what? Nut jobs!" but not anymore.

Janfow...learn how to continue on with the mission no matter what you feel. The enemy plays a lot of mind games. He can orchestrate stuff on the surface so well that will put flesh and blood against each other but always remember Ephesians 6...our fight is not with flesh and blood...don't always go along with what you see on the surface...especially in your relationships. Seek God for answers. As for the lack of sleep...it's just like military training...you are learning to survive on very little sleep and still keep going. Before I went through this...I could not function on little sleep and I was a bear to be woken up during the night...now I'm up at the drop of a hat and ready for work (prayer/battle). Even though you think the attack is against you...what you may be feeling is the attack against your church or the body of Christ in general. So just pray for what you feel led to pray against. Sometimes you may even deal with witchcraft coming against the church or you because you are in the front lines. Lets just say I despise witchcraft and wish God would crush it completely but I've dealt with it many times coming against our church, our leaders and even myself. I am in awe of how great our God is and just how powerful he is. He has never let me down and never left me alone...he was in every battle with me and he is the best battle buddy you can have. A great and mighty King!

Don't worry...he will give you the strength to continue moving...just ask. Just ask him to help you understand more. U are in training...now ask him how to become a highly effective soldier for his Kingdom! And if you need a night of rest...just ask...he will give it...he has given it to me on several occasions when I asked.

Oh...as for casting away to no avail...remember...God allows what he wants to allow so if that is happening, it's for a reason. However, although the Lord may be using the enemy as an opponent to train you, the enemy will use that time to make you think you have no power and authority. Went through that too. I thought "what the heck...I thought I was suppose to have authority but these things just aren't going away!" hahaha...you have the authority but IF you are indeed in training...remember...every prize fighter does not get where he is by winning every fight or only fighting a few men. He has to constantly be in training and that means being in many fights. He will lose many and get beat up a lot before he becomes stronger and starts winning fights. Don't let the thoughts fool you...you have authority but you are probably in training mode and God knows what he's doing. Seek him for more answers. I know it sounds crazy but I'm on the other side of it now and once you are it isn't that extreme anymore...just when there is a battle going on and you need to pray.

janfow365
Dec 19th 2011, 05:45 PM
Wow, Cheech... your words of healing have just seriously brightened my day.

I have been operating prophetically since I was young, my teens, but at age 30 (about 18-20 months ago), everything just exploded. I went through a spiritual desert period for about 8-9 years where I wasn't even practicing my faith, and then Bam, like a lightening bolt, God showed up. Since that time, everything has been full speed ahead, exponential, and very fast. There seems to be an acute sense of urgency to what is happening, it seems. The first prophecy I ever received was a word of correction/advice for a local youth pastor - so my knock on the door, so to speak, was Gethsemane right from the beginning. It's never been "easy". Currently I seem to have a "watchman" responsibility going on for two churches in my city. I also seem to be sent into situations as a Seer as a "last resort". I'm usually sent to talk to someone in leadership (I've had this happen several times now), when all other prophetic voices have been ignored. I also get prophetic words for people as well. Dream interpretation seems to be a big part of my own communication with God. Apparently there is a healing anointing on my life. I have been prophesied over that I would be a "prophet to nations", though I'm not entirely certain the range of that, though the Lord has given me some direction as to what that might entail, which has to do with spiritual and familial homelessness prevention (yes, that specific). I also know that combating Buddhism has something to do with all this, but still not sure how.

You hit the nail right on the head. It IS intercession which the Lord is calling me to in this season, and I am being placed on the front lines. The Lord has asked me to take a place of leadership, starting an intercessory prayer program at a local church. I was wondering for a long while if there was some sort of sin issue, but usually the Lord is pretty quick to point something out when there is. I too have a fear of certain spiritual manifestations, fear now of sleeping in the dark after so many attacks. I'm also struggling with how to deal with confronting the issue of homosexuality (not myself, but others being put in my life). It is something I struggle with, in terms of understanding how to approach it - particularly from an intercessory point of view. Interesting that you would mention God making you stronger. I was in prayer the other day, and the Lord brought me to Jeremiah 1:18-19. Maybe this is what He's getting at.

I personally know that I am at a place of moving "higher up" spiritually. I've had a whole "inauguration" or spiritual anointing experience very very recently. Interestingly enough, I am now being asked to move back to my home province in Canada, where I sense that the Lord is moving me to finally begin this life-long call to homelessness prevention. Something I'm sure that the enemy is not too fond of me doing. So I understand the attacks. My problem was with the nothing working to subvert them. I really feel that you're words are speaking volumes, and have given me strength. Stubbornness is not a problem. LOL I've got plenty of that (much to my help and demise at times) - I just need to know to hold on, or not to do anything.

Christ and I are very close, and much closer now than in any other time in my life, so what you're saying resonates with me on several levels. I agree with what you said. I did not expect Discernment to go this far in terms of being able to sense demonic activity. I'm sure it can go even further as well. The attacks I've had, have also been varied. I've had items thrown across the room, strange knocking on my bedroom door, the feeling of something crawling on me, strange electrical pricking, someone flicking me in the head to wake me up just as I doze off, demonic dreams, etc. Interestingly enough, as a child and teenager, I would go through months of having dreams of me being a soldier on the front lines, and volunteering for missions because I knew that if I was shot I would not die. Secret agent dreams. And I was not one for violence as a child. In those dreams I always got the bad guy or got out of the situation. Dreams of saving children and mothers from grenades being tossed at them. Stuff like that.

Long story short, I think you're accurate in your response. Again, your insight is amazingly valuable. There's nothing like hearing from someone who has gone through this, and come out the other side. It gives me hope that this phase will not last forever, and most importantly, that it has purpose. As long as I'm aware of purpose, then I'm fine. To God be the glory.

"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough, without ever having felt sorry for itself." - D. H. Lawrence

Eyelog
Dec 21st 2011, 12:13 AM
Wow, Cheech... your words of healing have just seriously brightened my day.

I have been operating prophetically since I was young, my teens, but at age 30 (about 18-20 months ago), everything just exploded. I went through a spiritual desert period for about 8-9 years where I wasn't even practicing my faith, and then Bam, like a lightening bolt, God showed up. Since that time, everything has been full speed ahead, exponential, and very fast. There seems to be an acute sense of urgency to what is happening, it seems. The first prophecy I ever received was a word of correction/advice for a local youth pastor - so my knock on the door, so to speak, was Gethsemane right from the beginning. It's never been "easy". Currently I seem to have a "watchman" responsibility going on for two churches in my city. I also seem to be sent into situations as a Seer as a "last resort". I'm usually sent to talk to someone in leadership (I've had this happen several times now), when all other prophetic voices have been ignored. I also get prophetic words for people as well. Dream interpretation seems to be a big part of my own communication with God. Apparently there is a healing anointing on my life. I have been prophesied over that I would be a "prophet to nations", though I'm not entirely certain the range of that, though the Lord has given me some direction as to what that might entail, which has to do with spiritual and familial homelessness prevention (yes, that specific). I also know that combating Buddhism has something to do with all this, but still not sure how.

You hit the nail right on the head. It IS intercession which the Lord is calling me to in this season, and I am being placed on the front lines. The Lord has asked me to take a place of leadership, starting an intercessory prayer program at a local church. I was wondering for a long while if there was some sort of sin issue, but usually the Lord is pretty quick to point something out when there is. I too have a fear of certain spiritual manifestations, fear now of sleeping in the dark after so many attacks. I'm also struggling with how to deal with confronting the issue of homosexuality (not myself, but others being put in my life). It is something I struggle with, in terms of understanding how to approach it - particularly from an intercessory point of view. Interesting that you would mention God making you stronger. I was in prayer the other day, and the Lord brought me to Jeremiah 1:18-19. Maybe this is what He's getting at.

I personally know that I am at a place of moving "higher up" spiritually. I've had a whole "inauguration" or spiritual anointing experience very very recently. Interestingly enough, I am now being asked to move back to my home province in Canada, where I sense that the Lord is moving me to finally begin this life-long call to homelessness prevention. Something I'm sure that the enemy is not too fond of me doing. So I understand the attacks. My problem was with the nothing working to subvert them. I really feel that you're words are speaking volumes, and have given me strength. Stubbornness is not a problem. LOL I've got plenty of that (much to my help and demise at times) - I just need to know to hold on, or not to do anything.

Christ and I are very close, and much closer now than in any other time in my life, so what you're saying resonates with me on several levels. I agree with what you said. I did not expect Discernment to go this far in terms of being able to sense demonic activity. I'm sure it can go even further as well. The attacks I've had, have also been varied. I've had items thrown across the room, strange knocking on my bedroom door, the feeling of something crawling on me, strange electrical pricking, someone flicking me in the head to wake me up just as I doze off, demonic dreams, etc. Interestingly enough, as a child and teenager, I would go through months of having dreams of me being a soldier on the front lines, and volunteering for missions because I knew that if I was shot I would not die. Secret agent dreams. And I was not one for violence as a child. In those dreams I always got the bad guy or got out of the situation. Dreams of saving children and mothers from grenades being tossed at them. Stuff like that.

Long story short, I think you're accurate in your response. Again, your insight is amazingly valuable. There's nothing like hearing from someone who has gone through this, and come out the other side. It gives me hope that this phase will not last forever, and most importantly, that it has purpose. As long as I'm aware of purpose, then I'm fine. To God be the glory.

"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough, without ever having felt sorry for itself." - D. H. Lawrence

I like your tesimony a lot. On another note entirely, ...

Interesting you'd quote someone as immoral as Lawrence. Did he convert ever?

Also, was that bird a sparrow? God's into sparrows, and he feels for them even if they don't, no doubt. :lol:

Anyway, self-pity and any other self-thing is sin, so your quote is redeemed in any case. :)

Eyelog
Dec 21st 2011, 12:22 AM
Dear janfow365,
Why did you "expect" to get demon backlash? Did any of the writers in the bible get demon backlash? What kind of "church" are you involved with?
Do you commit sin? Do your pastors commit sin? Does your ministry teach that a man CAN live without sin?
Did you know that God heareth not sinners? (John 9:31)
Answer these questions, truthfully, and write back.

episkopos
Dec 21st 2011, 02:47 AM
Good Day Everyone,

I have an odd problem that I need some serious advice on. I am fairly active prophetically - mostly as a Seer. I am active in dream interpretation and prophetic service. Ever since I have been called by the Lord into this service, I have been, as I expected, experiencing increased demonic backlash in my life. Most of this I've been able to handle, however, I have been having increasingly attacks every few weeks of the demonic during my sleep.

I will often fall asleep, only to wake up several minutes later with a strong demonic presence in the room with me. It will keep me up... pricking me to awaken just as I'm to drift off to sleep. I also get demonically projected dreams (highly symbolic in nature, but always with a very demonic "flavour" to them), the sensation of a presence touching, pressing down, or crawling on me. I have changed location in my home to sleep at times. Sometimes successfully, sometimes unsuccessfully.

I have tried EVERYTHING to toss these demons out. I have a fairly close relationship with the Lord, but I can never seem to get any advice from Him on how to deal with this situation, which is frustrating.

I have tried renouncing the spirits in Jesus name. Doesn't work - hardly ever.
I have tried reading the Word out loud. Doesn't work.
I have tried speaking/declaring in Tongues. Doesn't work.
I've tried playing worship music, with some minimal success. But it doesn't all the time, work.
I have prayed and listened to the Spirit to tell me what to pray to get the demons to leave - Doesn't work.
I have had a pastor pray over the situation. Doesn't work.
I've tried repenting of whatever strongholds may be present. Praying for protection. Doesn't work.
I have scoured my home for unclean objects, videos, music, etc and gutted it all. Hasn't made a difference.

My life style is one of strict devotion, as much as I can at the moment. Prayer. Intercession. Prophetic assistance.
I am getting exhausted dealing with this. The most disturbing part is that none of the above, neither renouncing in Christ's name seems to do ANYTHING. I'm getting to my wits end. I'm starting to feel like God is ignoring the attacks I am under, and I have no idea why. It is very disturbing.

I know that God is now calling me to a season of intercessory prayer, however, I am reluctant to because I know that prayer angers the demonic something fierce. I just don't know if I can handle any more attack, without knowing how to combat back. I'm sick and tired of reading the armor of God section in Ephesians, and feeling like it's a sham.

If anyone can help me, please do. I'm at a loss as to what to do...

I will put it plainly..you are too eager to get into "the prophetic seer stuff! It may seem "cool" but you are in over your head. Someone who is ready in their CHARACTER to take on things in the Spirit will not say things like

"I am fairly active prophetically - mostly as a Seer".

This is foreign thinking...almost like a pastime perspective...Like I'm active in music mostly as a soloist.

So I see the problem is one of having a too shallow appreciation for the forces that operate spiritually. It is foolish to DESIRE to get into "spiritual warfare"...there are no gamers or enthusiasts in the Spirit.

If God wants someone to stand in the gap then usually the person who is ready for this will do so almost relunctantly.

What would you say of a young sniper who can't wait to get into combat so he can get some kills? Wouldn't a little combat experience dampen that enthusiasm?

So when you go farther than God wants you to go...the part you go farther in IS NOT UNDER HIS PROTECTION. You are then on your own.

It is equally bad to lag behind the Lord as jump ahead. God is neither looking for keeners nor sluggards.

I pray you can hear this.

cheech
Dec 24th 2011, 05:10 AM
I hear ya...the worst part is feeling that you are all alone in this. I use to wonder if anyone else had the same thing I did which of course they do but back then I had no clue. I had no one to guide me or even give me comfort but had several close friends pray for me for support. Recently when I was talking to a Prophet friend of mine, she said "so you were being trained by God himself". When she said that it really made me feel good. I've thought about it but it's different when someone else says it out loud, ya know.

I sometimes wonder about these schools that claim to teach you how to have a spiritual gift or how to obtain one or whatever. No school could have prepared me for what I went through. When God wants to activate a gift he does it ready or not! I had felt some things a couple times but it wasn't until a few months later where I woke up one morning and bam...I'm feeling stuff. Yes, being an intercessor does put you on the front lines so sometimes it's hard to determine if what I'm feeling is against me, the church or someone else and I need to pray. So I have to pray for God to give me guidance. There have been nights I had no clue what I was combating and why but I simply prayed for God to show me what it was and he would in a dream. He is so gracious and kind and knows exactly how much you can bear although in the beginning I wondered...hahaha.

You know you are led to combat Buddhism...mine is witchcraft. I once dreamt I and others were dressed in metal armor like they use to wear centuries ago and I was dressed like a king or leader (I am a female) and I was leading a group of warriors out to battle against it. Did I mention how much I despise witchcraft? Believe me, I don't go looking for it, it finds me :rolleyes:. I have come across some very strong spiritual enemies and this is where you have to really keep your mind strong and not become fearful when battling these things. When it was strong I would just keep remembering all the times God got me through previous battles and just stayed on my knees praying until it was over. God is truly a strong God. I have experienced some really crazy stuff...so has my husband...seeing shadows, feeling something crawling on us, but due to my discernment the stuff I felt was stronger and just plain out there! But much of what you described I have felt.

Did I ask for this? No. Was I into anything weird at the time? No...if you call prayer walks around town and praying in homes weird then count me as weird. As for my dreams...I use to have very scary dreams as a child and would pray for God to give me good dreams...even into my 20's. In my 30s I think they changed to me fighting demons, casting things out of people and praying over people.

God is raising up his army and training many of them and we are seeing many of these gifts from the scriptures activated in people. Not that these gifts were never used before this, they were but something definitely is happening but there will always be people who won't believe it and say that those who are experiencing these things are doing something wrong. We always have to look at the sin life first of course but I have never been more closer to God in my life and have been healed of so many strongholds. The healing I have seen in myself and my family is truly amazing...we have done a 180 degree turn around but are still healing. God has blessed us so immensely and that's why we come under so much spiritual combat. My husband and I run a recovery ministry and of all things it's called "Breaking The Chains" and we teach people how to become free of the strongholds and it's purely scriptural and we had to go through it ourselves. We have been told this ministry will be huge and go across the ocean by several different people and some of those did not even know us. This will happen in God's time but I can see why we are so fought against.

So keep moving forward...God is doing something big and raising up his army. We will see and hear more from others who are going through the same stuff we are...but we also have to test the spirits as the bible says...some will not be from God. Remember...God won't bring you into something that he won't finish and that you can't make it through. Prayer and reading the scriptures out loud during your attacks and keep focused on God. Intimidation is a huge tactic of the enemy to try and cause fear and discouragement but rest assured you serve a very powerful God and if you rely on him at all times you will succeed in every battle. Remember, we don't pick these battles nor do we go out looking for them...learn to identify the tactics, the emotional triggers to anger or any emotional problem you may struggle with because there is usually something there.

God bless :)

lostintheworld
Feb 17th 2012, 06:09 AM
janfow365

I will not get into specifics but there are things here that caught my eye. So, to assist you, I will also help those who replied to understand a couple of things. I am terribly sorry if I post about myself. I do not intend to appear to be self centered. It is easier if I talk about myself - that way, no one thinks I am talking about them.

I am wrestling with my Christian faith. Not in the way I suppose some of you think I might be speaking of. What I mean is - I read the word and when I read the word, I know that so very much of it is true and I can not help but think "why is this taking so long for me?" and I feel this is a valid question.

It is not that I am questioning God. I wonder if there is something in my life that I need to remove, or add, or adjust in some way. I feel perplexed by the things that I encounter as far as the spiritual feelings I have. I feel lost. I feel as though I can attend all of the Bible studies, or church services, or small groups, or anything else that would be a part of a Christian life and I would still be missing some key piece that I need to do what it is that it is. What ever that may be.

I have no idea if my story is compelling, or if it needs to be told publicly, but I can tell you a couple of things. The first is that what I bring with me is not good. I am not overly consciously attempting to perpetrate evil, yet I feel I have nowhere to turn to, except for this place. Do I think I need counseling? Probably. More than likely. Do I think counseling will work? Not a chance. Part of it is on me, part of it on the person I choose to allow to listen.

I can tell you that I have a problem. My problem is a spiritual problem. No details are necessary. I know Christians like to pray for specific things, so if you need to pray for something specific - I will give you that. I need deliverance and I mean bigtime. I mean the biggest deliverance I can get. I feel trapped in some evil that I can not escape. I have turned to the people who I thought might help me because they are at least near the circle of evil I thought I got trapped in. Right now I do not know what else to do, or where to turn. And yes, if you felt queasy or bad, or something ominous around the time of this post, then all I can say is whomever is praying, pray for the people who feel that bad stuff too - they need deliverance as well as myself and janfow365 (I hope that is what you were looking for, janfow365)

I can not ask for anything other than what I ask for, for myself. As I said, I am trapped, and I know not what to do. I have tried reading the Bible, and I feel as though I am just doing some teaching to the devil a bit more than he already knows of the word. This stuff is bad. And lets not forget a couple of other things. I am trapped in a place. The place I am trapped is not good. I am trapped with evil somehow and I just need deliverance from one thing and one thing only. All of the evil that is bound to me except for one thing and please, do me a favor - don't ask for it to be something small. I can handle kinda big stuff. I'm a grown man for crying out loud. But I also know I might be made for a certain outcome, no matter what I choose inside of my own free will. I know I have made a lot of mistakes and I know I answer later to someone, maybe Jesus, maybe another - but I do have confidence in this one thing. I know the entire Bible is true. At least the part the Holy Spirit gave. Did the people who wrote it get it correct? No idea. I know I believe in a God powerful enough to do a few things. First is to create in the first creation. Second is to do everything with love.

How I fit into that I have no idea. But I am hopeful for deliverance - even from a Bible forum and yes - you might want to do that with other people, and maybe someone will have enough "guts" to do it on their own. No idea which one works, but again, I'm confident in faith. I know there is faith that saves and faith that works miracles and faith that some people consider to be the grace of God.

Not sure which one I have.

Oh, btw, I'm not an end timer, but do what you can to cover all of that stuff in your prayer.

My the Lord God Almighty of the First Creation bless you in all you do.

IMINXTC
Feb 17th 2012, 06:18 AM
Do you feel you have truly believed in the work of Christ on the cross and have trusted Him to save you, forgiving your sins and granting you eternal life?

lostintheworld
Feb 17th 2012, 12:37 PM
IMINXTC

If you are asking me, I believe in a Father God big enough to send His Son, yes. Am I 10000000000000% certain that happened? No. Do I want to hijack someone elses thread? not a chance. I know how to make my own thread. But if the situations are similar at all, I hope and pray you will stop trying to test someones faith and get busy praying for some kind of miracle. I know I need one and if janfow365 needs one too, then do what you can to help get the wings on some angels, if you've got the guts.

IMINXTC
Feb 17th 2012, 12:44 PM
That wasn't it at all, friend. Your post, though filled with info, did not touch on this important issue. I would have expected the same if I was the one seeking help.

In this type of forum you'll get many perspectives and questions from concerned believers.

It doesn't stand to reason you would be angry at such a question. But I wish you well.

lostintheworld
Feb 17th 2012, 12:51 PM
Angry? not at all. If anything, take it as a challenge to get as many believers together as possible to pray for deliverance for janfow365. If you would be so kind as to do the same for me, great. I will love you for it, although I already love you for replying. Thank you. Oh and what looks like me poking you with a hot stick can sometimes be called "exhortation" ;)

episkopos_1
May 1st 2012, 11:03 AM
Demons and How to Deal with Them is a book i'd recommend
http://www.daghewardmillsbooks.org/shop/published/publicdata/WEBASYST/attachments/SC/products_pictures/Demons%20and%20how%20to%20deal%20with%20them.png
www.daghewardmills.org

Toner44
May 1st 2012, 11:15 AM
Theres nothing that happens during oppression that is different than everyday life. How is a voice or a thought anymore despicable than the rebellion in our own hearts? Whats so new about it? How is the face of evil any different than the hands of evil?

Michelle71
May 1st 2012, 02:36 PM
Haven't read through all the posts.

The demon that likes to torment those who are hearing from God with this type of thing is called Lilith. Also, who Christ is, and who God is must be a solid foundation for binding any demon.

This demon is associated with the Hebrew word for screetch owl

Isa 34:14 The wild beasts of the desert shall also meet with the wild beasts of the isle, and the satyr shall cry to his fellow; the screech-owl also shall rest there, and find for herself a place of rest.

H3917
לילית
lı̂ylı̂yth
lee-leeth'
From H3915; a night spectre: - screech owl.

H3915
לילה ליל ליל
layil lêyl layelâh
lah'-yil, lale, lah'-yel-aw
From the same as H3883; properly a twist (away of the light), that is, night; figuratively adversity: - ([mid-]) night (season).

What counters are you asking the Lord to loose upon you in order for the filling of the void when the demons are bound. Here is a list of things to stand on, and to ask the Lord for when dealing with this..

Tamiym (undefiled)
Darash (seek the Lord)
Yosher (uprightness)
Zakah (cleanse)
Shamar (take heed God’s word…hedge about)
Yachal (hope)
Dunamis (power)
Agape (love)
Sophronismos (sound mind/self control)

Look up each of those descriptions and find the scriptures that pertain to your situation. Believe that Jesus is the only name that God has placed above all principalities of the air. Believe
that God has given all power to Jesus to tread on scorpions and snakes.

Eyelog
May 1st 2012, 03:53 PM
Theres nothing that happens during oppression that is different than everyday life. How is a voice or a thought anymore despicable than the rebellion in our own hearts? Whats so new about it? How is the face of evil any different than the hands of evil?

It is easy for us to emphasize the one and sort of ignore the other, at any given moment. But the two oppressees below do not seem to be doing that. The one tried repenting of strongholds and cleaned out his closet. No help, he says.

But the truth is that there are lines of authority with both God's angels and His demons. "His" demons, one might ask?

The adversary is an adversary to the believer only because God has given him authority. The question, moment to moment, is how much authority and for what purpose. See Job, as a handy example, right? God Himself was seeking to refine Job through the use of His arch demon. And it sucked, ... majorly.

Job could have said and done the same things Janfow said and did, but the 'trial' would have continued. It had a purpose beyond the desires of Satan. It had specific forms of persecution and limits. It seriously affected those in Job's life, and stripped him down to nothing.

So, the question becomes, what is it you fear?

Do not fear men. Got it. Check.
Do not fear Satan and his demons. Check?
Fear the one who can throw you, body and soul, into Hell, where the worm never dies and the flame never recedes. Check?

Check out how Job was doing in the latter category. He didn't fixate on the messenger (Satan), but he had a real problem with fearing the Lord.

The name of Christ is not "void" as the title to this post asks. But the name of Christ is effective, as you seem to suggest, only as it is lived, far more than it is effective only as an incantation -- though it is effective there as well.

But why is the name of Christ effective at all?

Lines of spiritual authority set out by God, all designed and clearly leading right back to the Father. The covering of Christ upon our lives is not a simple thing, especially when one considers that we are meant to attain to the full stature of Christ, as our brother Episkopos has said elsewhere. If we aren't fully on that path, look out. God will allow what we don't want.

On the other hand, if we are on that path, look out. God will allow what we don't want.

Given the choice between doing nothing and something, I'd take the latter anyday, for then the suffering is not without meaning, but it has us on a path toward attaining to higher and higher degrees of righteousness, of the character of Christ, of the divine nature, of the new anthropos (man), and so on.

This is the spiritual warfare we should seek out. All this being a seer stuff, if all it does is report how the spiritual plane is functioning around the sedentary believer is both a waste of time, and, as Episkopos so rightly points out, ... asking for it.

All would do far better to be on the proactive path to becoming just like Jesus. For He was not without his challenges from Satan, but He overcame them all.

Edited point: This is not to say the purpose of every allowed oppression is spiritual growth of the believer. Take those freed by Jesus in the Gospels, as well as the clairvoyant girl whose demon Paul expelled, as examples. But if a believer is oppressed, the question should first be, are you on the road to proactive sanctification? For the 1% who are, the question in the midst of persecution making adjustments is, who do you fear?

Michelle71
May 1st 2012, 05:57 PM
Even though God uses what He uses for specific reasons, that does not mean evil should not be stood against, or exposed. Because God allows the pit to be made does not mean we should fall into it. Or become fearful of
what is inside it.

Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Psa 97:10 Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.

Eyelog
May 1st 2012, 06:19 PM
Even though God uses what He uses for specific reasons, that does not mean evil should not be stood against, or exposed. Because God allows the pit to be made does not mean we should fall into it. Or become fearful of
what is inside it.

Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Psa 97:10 Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.

Well said, sister. Was not posting in direct response to you, of course. I welcome insights like the type you describe as an adjunct to my own knowledge and walk.

However, I do urge that too many feel we ought to have peace as Christians even when we are not on the path of proactive sanctification. While the Lord does as He chooses, and He is compassionate and allows us seasons of peace to rest, the majority of our time in the Lord we should be seeking our practicalsanctification with all our heart, soul, mind and strength. I use the term, practical sanctification,of course, to refer to the process of becoming more like Christ, as per Ephesians 4:13. Obviously, we are positionally sanctified through and through, but we are not automatically able to walk in that once having been regenerated. Would you agree?

Michelle71
May 1st 2012, 08:53 PM
but we are not automatically able to walk in that once having been regenerated. Would you agree?

Sanctification means to become holy, purified, and consecrated. The power of the Holy Spirit working fruit into the soul. In my opinion this is a different type of power that is placed in the person for when they are ready to spread the Gospel and do works with miracles following. Same Sprit, different power or ability. First one for sanctification, then the other for works. However, a complete sanctification does not happen before He uses a person for His purpose, but it does seem that practice in dependence upon Him for sanctification happens before He puts a nail gun in the hand. Paul was 3 years with the Lord in the wilderness learning and applying this sanctification before he went out on his ministry with the power of God’s Spirit.

Gal 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I con-ferred not with flesh and blood:
Gal 1:17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.
Gal 1:18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.

This begs a question then. Does becoming holy or sanctified/pleasing to the Lord automatically happen when we first become Christians? NO! It is a process of allowing His Spirit the freedom of searching the heart. Not all things are gross sin, but for one reason or another are not quite beneficial or pleasing to Him.

1Co 10:23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

This is a life long process, and there are times that temptations get the upper hand. Even over things that we thought were already sanctified. This is why a strong devotional life is so important. Among other things it causes our heart to remain pliable in His hands. Which means being willing to hear and do what He says through the Word, both written and spoken in the heart, and consider what He says through other saints. A word of caution though, manipulation of guilt by both demons and men is a powerful tool of stumbling. Lay all things down before the Lord before accepting blame from the mouth of men, or thoughts that suddenly accuse.

Eyelog
May 2nd 2012, 03:36 PM
Sanctification means to become holy, purified, and consecrated. The power of the Holy Spirit working fruit into the soul. In my opinion this is a different type of power that is placed in the person for when they are ready to spread the Gospel and do works with miracles following. Same Sprit, different power or ability. First one for sanctification, then the other for works. However, a complete sanctification does not happen before He uses a person for His purpose, but it does seem that practice in dependence upon Him for sanctification happens before He puts a nail gun in the hand. Paul was 3 years with the Lord in the wilderness learning and applying this sanctification before he went out on his ministry with the power of God’s Spirit.

This begs a question then. Does becoming holy or sanctified/pleasing to the Lord automatically happen when we first become Christians? NO! It is a process of allowing His Spirit the freedom of searching the heart. Not all things are gross sin, but for one reason or another are not quite beneficial or pleasing to Him.

This is a life long process, and there are times that temptations get the upper hand. Even over things that we thought were already sanctified. This is why a strong devotional life is so important. Among other things it causes our heart to remain pliable in His hands. Which means being willing to hear and do what He says through the Word, both written and spoken in the heart, and consider what He says through other saints. A word of caution though, manipulation of guilt by both demons and men is a powerful tool of stumbling. Lay all things down before the Lord before accepting blame from the mouth of men, or thoughts that suddenly accuse.

Amen. Nice explication! :)

willow tree
Jan 6th 2013, 03:42 PM
HI.

I don't know if this has been resolved or not, but will offer my thoughts and see if it helps.

First - anytime you engage in prophecy you are opening yourself up to something that is less than the full grace of God. Stuff happens too fast, and unless you have the right training and done a lot of work - you really DON'T know what you are doing. It's a little like driving down the highway, and you see a car oncoming. Your eye can only discern speed accurately at under 12 mph hour or so. After that - the car can be doing 30, 60, 90 - you can't *really* judge the distance. Soo... my first piece of advice is stop trying to tap this prophecy thing, unless you've gone to a real and legitimate seminary that will teach you these things. I don't mean the bargain ba$$ement kind - I mean something that has been established for at least 500 years - and has a body of information that has been passed down in the appropriate way.

Second - when you can't see God - all that is happening (and I don't say that as lightly as it sounds) - is you are focusing on the devil. So - you know where the pit is - just don't go there! Turn yourself around, back away - do what it takes to focus on God. There is a different answer for every person. Something as simple as saying the Our Father can give you all the protection you need and the map home.

Third - if that demon wants something from you - and they always do - you just say your soul belongs to God - and in that moment - you will and intend your soul to the one God above us all.

Good luck with this.

Scooby_Snacks
Jan 7th 2013, 10:32 AM
HI.

I don't know if this has been resolved or not, but will offer my thoughts and see if it helps.

First - anytime you engage in prophecy you are opening yourself up to something that is less than the full grace of God. Stuff happens too fast, and unless you have the right training and done a lot of work - you really DON'T know what you are doing. It's a little like driving down the highway, and you see a car oncoming. Your eye can only discern speed accurately at under 12 mph hour or so. After that - the car can be doing 30, 60, 90 - you can't *really* judge the distance. Soo... my first piece of advice is stop trying to tap this prophecy thing, unless you've gone to a real and legitimate seminary that will teach you these things. I don't mean the bargain ba$$ement kind - I mean something that has been established for at least 500 years - and has a body of information that has been passed down in the appropriate way.

Second - when you can't see God - all that is happening (and I don't say that as lightly as it sounds) - is you are focusing on the devil. So - you know where the pit is - just don't go there! Turn yourself around, back away - do what it takes to focus on God. There is a different answer for every person. Something as simple as saying the Our Father can give you all the protection you need and the map home.

Third - if that demon wants something from you - and they always do - you just say your soul belongs to God - and in that moment - you will and intend your soul to the one God above us all.

Good luck with this.

Hi willow tree, welcome to Bible Forums!
Can you explain what you mean by prophecy being less than the full grace of God..and needing to be trained by earthly man in this area, when one has the Holy Spirit and Gods Word?

Thanks~

willow tree
Jan 7th 2013, 03:23 PM
Scooby -

I was raised old style Catholic, and over the years have seen a lot of "prophecies" - both Christian and non. Just look at the mayhem we just got through with the Mayan 2012 thing. Going back in time - Heaven's Gate, the cult in Russia a few years ago, and those being lead down the wrong path$$$ in Africa to the point where they crucify cats and burn their own children as witches because a misguided mi$$ionary is not properly trained and may even be mistaking diabetic seizures for possession.

Yes - God can send messages through the angels and so on - but... that happens,to my thinking because discernment is not divorced from ego - so it is impossible to know the source. (adding this - in that respect - even if you think it is an angel - the demon you recognize later on - they can be one and the same.)

If there is a demon attacking - I am also going to say uncategorically speaking - something serious is out of alignment within the person. And yes - even professionals that have been trained can lose the path - but at least there are others that can be of assistance in seminary systems that have withstood not just the test of money and the contemporary community- they have withstood the test of time. I just don't see the kind of support needed in most of these bargain basement setups, nor do I see the commitment to training - to the sacrifice of pride. And - when you work solitary - there is also a risk because you will always have blind spots. That's just the way it is.

Scooby_Snacks
Jan 12th 2013, 04:13 AM
Thanks Willowtree..sorry its been a while.

I think perhaps the idea of a school for Prophets stems from 2 Kings.

Now the sons of the prophets said to Elisha, “See, the place where we dwell under your charge is too small for us.
(2 Kings 6:1 ESV)

I imagine any of the gifts God bestows on individuals can be enhanced in developement by having a mentor who has sound biblical understanding as well as experience in the area of gifting. Im not so sure about seminary so much as God leading and directing a person to seek wise mature believers that have stood the test of time and accountability. I believe God brings specific people into our lives to encourage and mentor us as we seek, and we can be assured as we ask God for them.

Your Advert here

Hosted by Webnet77