PDA

View Full Version : Some special thoughts about Nathaniel

slightlypuzzled
May 11th 2006, 10:20 AM
At the request of several members, I have started this thread to place anything special you would like to say.

ChristsCourage
May 11th 2006, 01:52 PM
LORD, even though I did not know Nathaniel personally, it felt as though I knew him for the longest time. Please remember that he lived a life filled with the LOVE of his family and the people here on the forum. Thank You GOD for making him go to a better place for he will know you better and get to see who created him.

karenoka27
May 11th 2006, 04:56 PM
I just want to say once again what a blessing Nathaniel has been in my life. We could only go through what Debra was through what she posted, but she allowed us to really get to know her grandson. I fell in love with him some time ago. The Lord truly used this young boy to touch so many people. He lived a full life according to the days God had for him and now he gets to "LIVE" in eternity with His Creator and Savior! How awesome.
Debra, my heart goes out to you and Tina and I am bringing you before the Lord. Thank you so much for sharing Nathaniel with us.

ProjectPeter
May 11th 2006, 05:34 PM
I am blessed to have been able to not only pray for Nathaniel over the last year plus now, but was able to hold his hand and kiss his head. He forever has a special place in my families hearts. See ya later buddy... save me a seat!

miepie
May 11th 2006, 06:18 PM
I have been Debra's prayerpartner since the beginning of his disease and I always felt real unhappy that I could not go to her to help her through this. Nathaniel has been an inspiration for me and he especially inspired me to start a Ministry for children where cards get sent all over the world to sick little ones and where I embroider squares for quilts to make for sick children and also am raising money through embroidery for the Ronald McDonald houses and Kika (a Dutch organisation for children with cancer). Through Nathaniel I have seen how strong these children really are and I am feeling very blessed to be able to bring out a smile on their face.... Even though he was very young, Nathaniel always showed his faith in Jesus and I think we could learn from something like that. He was the example for us when we are told to "have faith like a child". The most funny story was the story that Ken told me about what he and Matthew did with the Spidermantootbrush we sent him (clean the toilet!) ...... I already miss him a lot..... but I know that he is safe with Jesus now and that one day, like I promised his Nana, I will dance with this precious little one in Heaven..... :pray:
Continueing to pray for this beautiful family :pray:

Love you,
Mieke :kiss:

Matthew 12:21
May 11th 2006, 06:34 PM
I never knew Nathaniel, but I visited his Caring Bridge page. He has a beautiful smile, and I know that he will be smiling from now on for Jesus. I pray for Nathaniels family, God will be with them.

Ninna
May 12th 2006, 06:48 PM
Thank you, Tina and Debra, for sharing this precious child with all of us. :hug: Even though I never met Nathaniel, he held a very special place in my heart.

As a mom and grandma, I cannot imagine the pain you are going through and I continue to pray that the Lord comfort you, but I know with certainty that precious little boy is resting in Jesus' arms.

mojomartin
May 12th 2006, 06:55 PM
Tina and Debra,
I know little Nathanial is up there in his awesome Spider Man room God has prepared especially for him. My family and I will be praying for you guys. I didnt really know Nathanial except through what you guys have posted and I knew from the very beginning Nathanial was a very special boy and I immediatly felt love for him and your family. Our hearts and Prayers go out to you and your family.:hug: :hug: :hug:

watchinginawe
May 12th 2006, 07:26 PM
My special thoughts of Nathaniel reside more with the mental picture I have developed of him and his loving family presented through the medium of the internet and the connection of our spirits to God in prayer.

Most of us probably would never have known of Nathaniel or his courageous battle for life except for a request of prayer from his Grandmother on this forum: I need prayer for my grandson, please. That post pre-dates my arrival here on CMB and Forums and gives a glimpse of how long the journey has been for Nathaniel and his family. We don't know who God will send our way when we request prayer and I feel sure the response from this step of faith has brought many people into the lives of this special family. Likewise, that simple request brought this special family and special young man into our lives. I thank God for bringing Nathaniel into our lives!

JenniferBerry
May 15th 2006, 03:05 AM
In meeting a five year old boy, God gave me such a special gift that I will pray to remember every day of my life.

I thought that God had sent us to St. Louis to help a family in some way. This wasn't our first time going to a place for something like that. I have no doubt that Nathaniel has touched the lives and the hearts of many people around the world. But I was personally touched in a way that I know was God because it was only God that could heal a hurt that I had in my heart for several years now.

For years I have not had much use for people that Ken has known over the Internet. Much of that stems because of my family problems that came from my parents addiction to the net. But as I lay next to Nathaniel while he held on to my neck and clutched his little hand around a lock of my hair, my heart changed as all of those feelings melted away.

I have never been so touched by someone personally as Nathaniel and his struggle has touched me. I will forever cherish the little time that I had with him and I'll never forget and will always miss the snuggle time that I had with him. He truly possessed a love that was beyond his little years. And I pray for a life-long friendship with Debra and Tina as they are now truly family.

Galatians 6:2 *Bear one another's burdens, and thus fulfill the law of Christ.

Diggindeeper
May 17th 2006, 10:12 PM
Praying for Debra, Tina, the Dad and Grand Dad, and the entire family.

I wish I could have been there with Jennifer24...

But God, in His mercy, knew that precious little boy had suffered more than most people suffer in a lifetime. In fact, the whole family had suffered long enough. Death did not take him...it was God's mercy that took Nathaniel...

Judy

qbee
May 18th 2006, 02:19 AM
I will always remember nathan as a precious little boy
who through his trials showed much courage and love
beyond even what we as adults could bear .. He was
being upheld in the arms of Jesus and through his short
life brought many to Christ and to a closer walk with God.

Hundreds of People were drawn to Nathaniel through Jesus and
could see God was with and working through this precious little
babe in the Lord .. He now is in glory and has no pain or fear
and was certainly greeted with a "Welcome home my good and
faithful servant .. God used Nathaniel in a mighty way and his
short life on this earth was not in vain .. far from it .. He was
a brave and mighty soldier for the lord and brought forth much
fruit ..

I cant wait to meet him .. :hug:

He is a little saint that I would be proud to emulate
and I will always have a special place in my heart
for Nataniel and his family :hug:

May God bless, comfort and hold them in his arms.
Untill they are all reunited in that glorious day ..

justintime
May 21st 2006, 02:11 AM
Greetings Brothers/Sisters, grace and peace be with you always from God the father, and, Jesus Christ our Lord and savior, may his Holy name be praised forever and ever. Amen.

Praying for Debra, Tina, the Dad and Grand Dad, and the entire family.

I wish I could have been there with Jennifer24...

But God, in His mercy, knew that precious little boy had suffered more than most people suffer in a lifetime. In fact, the whole family had suffered long enough. Death did not take him...it was God's mercy that took Nathaniel...

Judy

Diggindeeper, I have to agree with you on this, Jenniferw24 thanks for sharing, even though I was late finding that post, the picture of Debra R with Nathaniel both hugging each other and the fact that she included us in the daily life of her family with step by step details of their lives shows she considered us family also. for this, I am greatful to be part of their strength and support system. glory be to God.

Have a great day.

PastorMark
May 21st 2006, 02:32 AM
...just that I continue to pray for you, Debra and Tina...and your family.

Debra R
Jun 1st 2006, 10:05 PM
At the request of several members, I have started this thread to place anything special you would like to say.

Thank you all for this thread. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

God bless you.
Love, Deb

Debra R
Jun 1st 2006, 10:09 PM
I just want to say once again what a blessing Nathaniel has been in my life. We could only go through what Debra was through what she posted, but she allowed us to really get to know her grandson. I fell in love with him some time ago. The Lord truly used this young boy to touch so many people. He lived a full life according to the days God had for him and now he gets to "LIVE" in eternity with His Creator and Savior! How awesome.
Debra, my heart goes out to you and Tina and I am bringing you before the Lord. Thank you so much for sharing Nathaniel with us.

I still find it so amazing that Nathan touched so many lives. Knowing that he touched so many lives also comforts my heart. Someday I would like to know from God how He used Nathan's life and the things He brought about for His glory.

Thank you Karen for always being here for us. Thank you for your support.
Love you, Deb

Debra R
Jun 1st 2006, 10:12 PM
I am blessed to have been able to not only pray for Nathaniel over the last year plus now, but was able to hold his hand and kiss his head. He forever has a special place in my families hearts. See ya later buddy... save me a seat!

Thank you Ken and your family:hug:. I am so glad you got to meet Nathan.
I am thankful we got to meet you and your family too. Thank you for all your support.
Love, Deb

Debra R
Jun 1st 2006, 10:21 PM
I have been Debra's prayerpartner since the beginning of his disease and I always felt real unhappy that I could not go to her to help her through this. Nathaniel has been an inspiration for me and he especially inspired me to start a Ministry for children where cards get sent all over the world to sick little ones and where I embroider squares for quilts to make for sick children and also am raising money through embroidery for the Ronald McDonald houses and Kika (a Dutch organisation for children with cancer). Through Nathaniel I have seen how strong these children really are and I am feeling very blessed to be able to bring out a smile on their face.... Even though he was very young, Nathaniel always showed his faith in Jesus and I think we could learn from something like that. He was the example for us when we are told to "have faith like a child". The most funny story was the story that Ken told me about what he and Matthew did with the Spidermantootbrush we sent him (clean the toilet!) ...... I already miss him a lot..... but I know that he is safe with Jesus now and that one day, like I promised his Nana, I will dance with this precious little one in Heaven..... :pray:
Continueing to pray for this beautiful family :pray:

Love you,

Thank you my sweet sister :kiss: :hug:.
I am so thankful to our Father for you.
I am blessed too about your ministry for sick children. And rasing money to help. Thank you Mieke :hug:, that is so awesome. These little children are so very strong. It is so sad the horrible things they have to go through. It is heartbreaking.

Even though I am thankful Nathan no longer has to suffer and he is where we all desire to be, with our God, we still miss him terribly. I don't guess we will ever stop missing him.

I love you my sweet and precious sister :kiss: :hug:.

Debra R
Jun 1st 2006, 10:59 PM
In meeting a five year old boy, God gave me such a special gift that I will pray to remember every day of my life.

I thought that God had sent us to St. Louis to help a family in some way. This wasn't our first time going to a place for something like that. I have no doubt that Nathaniel has touched the lives and the hearts of many people around the world. But I was personally touched in a way that I know was God because it was only God that could heal a hurt that I had in my heart for several years now.

For years I have not had much use for people that Ken has known over the Internet. Much of that stems because of my family problems that came from my parents addiction to the net. But as I lay next to Nathaniel while he held on to my neck and clutched his little hand around a lock of my hair, my heart changed as all of those feelings melted away.

I have never been so touched by someone personally as Nathaniel and his struggle has touched me. I will forever cherish the little time that I had with him and I'll never forget and will always miss the snuggle time that I had with him. He truly possessed a love that was beyond his little years. And I pray for a life-long friendship with Debra and Tina as they are now truly family.

Galatians 6:2 *Bear one another's burdens, and thus fulfill the law of Christ.

Jennifer :hug:, I cried as I read your post. I am thankful how our God touched your heart and brought you healing. I am forever thankful to our God for you my sister. I will never forget you snuggling with Nathan. The love that you gave him. That will always be a precious memory. Thank you for the comfort you gave us. I am forever thankful to our God for bringing you into our lives and becoming part of our family.

Love you, Deb

Debra R
Jun 1st 2006, 11:08 PM
I will always remember nathan as a precious little boy
who through his trials showed much courage and love
beyond even what we as adults could bear .. He was
being upheld in the arms of Jesus and through his short
life brought many to Christ and to a closer walk with God.

Hundreds of People were drawn to Nathaniel through Jesus and
could see God was with and working through this precious little
babe in the Lord .. He now is in glory and has no pain or fear
and was certainly greeted with a "Welcome home my good and
faithful servant .. God used Nathaniel in a mighty way and his
short life on this earth was not in vain .. far from it .. He was
a brave and mighty soldier for the lord and brought forth much
fruit ..

I cant wait to meet him .. :hug:

He is a little saint that I would be proud to emulate
and I will always have a special place in my heart
for Nataniel and his family :hug:

May God bless, comfort and hold them in his arms.
Untill they are all reunited in that glorious day ..

Thank you qbee :hug:,
I will never forget Nathan's courage. How brave he was in all he had to go through. He would only ask what they were going to do to him or how long would it be. He was so brave and so strong.

I miss our many talks about God and Jesus. Nathan was so smart, wise beyond his years.

Thank you qbee for always being here for us too. :hug:
Love you, Deb

justintime
Jun 2nd 2006, 01:32 AM
Greetings Debra R, grace and peace be with you and your family always, from God the father, and, Jesus Christ our Lord and savior, may his Holy name be praised forever and ever. Amen.

Let, us, give thanks and praises unto God Almighty for sparing our lives to see another day and for guiding and protecting us throughout the day and keeping us safe from harm. Glory be to God.

It's really nice seeing you here Debra R,:) :) :) :) :) :):):) praise the Lord. thanks for the pic.

qbee --->Then Sings my Soul my Savior God to Thee
How Great Thou art
How Great Thou art
------------------------------------------------------------

Have a wonderful day

Diggindeeper
Jun 2nd 2006, 02:30 AM
Oh Debra...what a beautiful picture of Nathaniel!

Makes me wonder if he really was a little boy...or was a real live angel sent to Tina???

We do entertain angels, unaware. I treasure that little picture.

Judy

groovyloopylou
Jun 2nd 2006, 03:31 PM
Nathaniel to me was such a special boy. from the moment i read about him on the prayer thread he came into my heart. Ive prayed for him and cried bucketloads for him. He made such an impact on my life.

humbled
Jun 11th 2006, 12:25 AM
To everybody who knew Nathaniel I want to extend my condolences. I'm not very good at this sort of thing, but I saw Debra's avatar the other night and was moved to tears, and I never knew him, although I look forward to meeting him in heaven!

I think anyone with kids can sympathize with you, Debra and I want you to know my heart goes out to you in your time of mourning. I'm sure you have comfort from the Lord and that your faith in Him is strong because He works ALL things together for good for those who are the called, according to His purpose! Remember that we are to give thanks in all things, because He sees the big picture.

God bless, and my prayers for strength and faithfulness go out for you and your family.

Your brother in Christ,
John

Babsy
Jun 14th 2006, 06:00 AM
I want to thank you all so much for this wonderful thread. I also want to thank you for your continued prayers for me and my family. Im so thankful and greatful more so with each passing day that Nathan is and will always be a part of my life. He taught me so many things and made me a better person. Out of all the women God couldve chosen to give Nathan to he chose me, forever greatful I will be for that. I miss him so very much. His big smile even when he was in so much pain he usually always had a smile. Those big beautiful brown eyes of his. His compasion, oooh how sweet he was. He never thought about himself he always thought about everyone else. I love my sweet lil angel and miss him terribly. Thank you all again so very much for everything.

Happy In The Lord
Jul 28th 2006, 12:22 PM
I just want to say I just joined and didnt know about this sickness or this child but God did and my heart goes out to you . May he give you all the strength you need to get thru this very hard time. As he did me when i lost my children . May he wrap you in his loving arms of peace and care. Nat was a special i see from the postings , You were very blessed to have him in your lives for even a short time, we give them back to him sometimes much to soon but with understanding we will see them in Heaven on day. So just trust Jesus always each day and in everything you do or go thru. We are praying for you

Debra R
Jan 23rd 2007, 02:45 AM
I was thinking of how much I miss our sweet boy. Somedays are not so bad then other days are really difficult. I miss Nathan's wonderful sense of humor. He got us through the rough times of his disease with his antics and smiles. He didn't let it get him down for long, he was busy living life to it's fullest. His gorgeous smiles and beautiful laughter are greatly missed. I would say to him, "Victory in"? and he would say, "Jesus!" When we would get through a bad ordeal he would say, "Thank you Jesus!"

It is still really hard being without him. I think of the unfairness of the cancer and why it had to strike him. Why he was only here with us for a short time. I was reminded the other day that we are here to fulfill God's purpose for us. And even though Nathan was here for such a short time he did fulfill his purpose. I am reminded of Psalm 139

13) For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my motherís womb.
14) I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
15) My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16) Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.

So our God knew exactly how many days Nathan had here on this earth as He does with us. And when we have fulfilled our purpose then we can also go home. I can't wait for that great and glorious day.
Blessings
Love, Deb

Toolman
Jan 24th 2007, 08:58 PM
I was thinking of how much I miss our sweet boy. Somedays are not so bad then other days are really difficult. I miss Nathan's wonderful sense of humor. He got us through the rough times of his disease with his antics and smiles. He didn't let it get him down for long, he was busy living life to it's fullest. His gorgeous smiles and beautiful laughter are greatly missed. I would say to him, "Victory in"? and he would say, "Jesus!" When we would get through a bad ordeal he would say, "Thank you Jesus!"

It is still really hard being without him. I think of the unfairness of the cancer and why it had to strike him. Why he was only here with us for a short time. I was reminded the other day that we are here to fulfill God's purpose for us. And even though Nathan was here for such a short time he did fulfill his purpose. I am reminded of Psalm 139

13) For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my motherís womb.
14) I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
15) My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16) Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.

So our God knew exactly how many days Nathan had here on this earth as He does with us. And when we have fulfilled our purpose then we can also go home. I can't wait for that great and glorious day.
Blessings
Love, Deb

Beautiful thoughts Deb and our prayers and thoughts continue to be with you and your family as you all grieve the loss of your precious Nathan.

I always love how the resurrection brings such hope to believers. As Paul said, we do not mourn like those who have no hope. We know that God will raise us all together to be united once more.

I personally am looking forward to meeting Nathan and seeing the smile on his face. :)

God bless you with His Peace beyond understanding and His all sufficient Grace.

daughter
Jan 27th 2007, 02:39 PM
Oh Debs, I just read through this thread and am crying. I didn't know that Nathaniel was a child... I look forward to meeting him and you in heaven one day. I can't think of anything more to say, other than God bless you and keep you, and make His face to shine upon you.

Debra R
Jan 30th 2007, 11:22 PM
Beautiful thoughts Deb and our prayers and thoughts continue to be with you and your family as you all grieve the loss of your precious Nathan.

I always love how the resurrection brings such hope to believers. As Paul said, we do not mourn like those who have no hope. We know that God will raise us all together to be united once more.

I personally am looking forward to meeting Nathan and seeing the smile on his face. :)

God bless you with His Peace beyond understanding and His all sufficient Grace.

Thank you :hug:,

If we didn't have that hope I don't think I could stand it. I know I couldn't.

I keep having such vivid memories of a conversation Nathan and I had. He had asked me why Jesus died. I told him that Jesus died for us because He loved us and so we could live in heaven with Him when we died. He had thought about this for a minute and then asked me if everyone would go to heaven. At first I had said yes because I didn't want him to worry about anyone not going to heaven but then I felt I couldn't tell him that, so I had told him only those who knew Jesus would go to heaven. Then you should have seen the big beautiful smile on his face as he said to me, "I know Jesus!" I had said, "Yes, you do." That was a beautiful moment. I had no thought of him dying then, I hadn't thought he was going to die. I guess that's why I keep thinking of that conversation. It was just amazing.

I keep missing him so much. I wish I could see him. He was such a sweet little boy. So very special. I guess that's why God decided He wanted him because he was so special.

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers for my family. God bless you. :hug:

Love, Deb

Diggindeeper
Jan 31st 2007, 01:33 AM
Deb, how are Tina and little brother and Dad holding up? I not only pray for you all the time, but for them also. When you get time, let us know about them. Maybe she can come back on and touch base with us sometime....

God bless you and grant you peace, Debra!
Judy

Jesusislove007
Feb 2nd 2007, 02:29 AM
Greetings Debra R, grace and peace be with you and your family always, from God the father, and, Jesus Christ our Lord and savior, may his Holy name be praised forever and ever. Amen.

Let, us, give thanks and praises unto God Almighty for sparing our lives to see another day and for guiding and protecting us throughout the day and keeping us safe from harm. Glory be to God.

It's really nice seeing you here Debra R,:) :) :) :) :) :):):) praise the Lord. thanks for the pic.

qbee --->Then Sings my Soul my Savior God to Thee
How Great Thou art
How Great Thou art
------------------------------------------------------------

Have a wonderful day
AMEN!!HALLEUJAH

Debra R
Feb 25th 2007, 09:28 PM
The other day I took a different route home and happened to drive by the church which had generated many a discussion between me and Nathan. I could picture him in the back seat asking me, "Nana, is God there at the church?" I had said yes God was there and told him God was everywhere.Then he had asked me why couldn't we see God. At first I had told him God was spirit and as I was trying to figure out how to explain so he could understand, Nathan says to me, "He is invisible? Like the guy on my halo game?" I had said yes, He is. And even though we can't see Him God is always with us wherever we go.

Nathan was always so inquisitive about God. I don't think I've ever known a child to be so curious about God as Nathan was and always talking about God. He had always talked about wanting to see God. He loved to go to church with me. I can picture him sitting on my lap during prayer with his little head bowed and hands folded. I'll never forget the numerous times at the hospital as I was laying beside him he would reach for my hand and ask me to pray. At the end of my prayer if he didn't hear me say, in Jesus name, he would say, "Nana, you didn't say in Jesus name, Amen." So I had to make sure he heard me say, in Jesus name Amen :). He always drew comfort from prayer. Those bitter sweet memories are always there, never far from my mind. I still miss him terribly but I do draw comfort that he beholds Jesus' face now. Whom he always wanted to see.
God bless you dear friends :hug:.
Love,
Debra

miepie
Feb 25th 2007, 09:49 PM
Your Nathan was a special boy...... I think he loves where he is now..... close to Jesus..... able to see God...... :hug:

I still miss him too, even though we never met......

Love you,

Toolman
Feb 25th 2007, 10:55 PM
I still miss him too, even though we never met......

My thought exactly.

karenoka27
Feb 25th 2007, 11:05 PM
I think of you often and when I do Nathaniel comes to my mind. He brought so many blessings to so many of us. I am truly thankful to have somehow been a part of his life, if just through prayer.

tiger_lily32
Apr 14th 2007, 08:21 PM
dear debra...my goodness I erad thru this and Im just sitting here in tears,,Your nathaniel sounds like just a sweet little angel from heaven taht God so kindly allowed you all to borrow him for a short while...my heart just breaks to read your posts.. I know how it feels to miss a dear loved on thats gone on ahead of us..But as some have already said,. We have such a wonderful hope and actually an assurance that we will once again be with them...My cousin (1st) died here just a few months ago.. and I sat by his hospital bed (cancer, was i beleive in his early 40'sor late 30's) and he was at times kinda outta it cause the cancer had gone to his brain.. but the last couple of days when he was awake, He talked about seeing Jesus, and angels and such, and he would grab my hand and tell me He loved me.. I was there just 4 minutes after he drew his last breath and I stood lookin at him thinking, He is now pain free.. walking the streets of gold, talking With his loved ones that went before and most importantly of all.. He was now with His saviour Jesus..:cry: Just like your little nathaniel :hug: ,At his funeral we played Go Rest High by Vince Gill.. If you aint ever heard it,,I'll tell ya it is a heart stopper...He had written it I believe when his brother had died..
Anyways Im sorry to ramble, I guess reading this brought back this feeling..I will keep you in my prayers.
Tigerlily:hug:

Debra R
Jul 27th 2007, 02:11 PM
Today is our sweet Nathaniel's birthday!
He would have been 7 years old.
We will celebrate his birthday at his grave site.
Taking balloons and flowers.
And sharing precious memories.

Sweet Nathan
our precious little boy
how we miss you.
The sweetest smile I had ever seen, belonged to you.
A voice that melted hearts of all those who heard it,
never had I heard a voice so sweet as yours.
Such beautiful brown eyes,
so full of love and wisdom.
So much love you had and compassion for all those who were sick.
Even when you felt bad you worried about others.
Such a sweet and precious child,
you had been so wise beyond your years.
Oh how I miss your humor,
always able to make us laugh.
Even in the worst of times through your battle of cancer,
you gave us strength even more than we gave you.
Such courage you always displayed,
so heroic you fought your battle.
What a brave little warrior you were,
So much strength for such a little boy.
It was a great honor to know you, to be a part of your life.
You will live on in our hearts forever,
never will we forget you.
We will treasure your precious memory always and thank God for the time we had with you.
Til we see you again sweetie,
when we join you in heaven,
we will run our race to make you proud.
We will always be thankful for you Nathan and for the time you shared in our lives.

We Love You Infinity!

Happy Birthday Sweet Nathan!

karenoka27
Jul 27th 2007, 02:20 PM
Debra, just knowing that Nathaniel is in the presence of our King, I'm certain this would be his greatest birthday ever!

When I think that God gave to us His greatest gift, His Son, Jesus Christ, and I think that Nathaniel is there enjoying this Most Precious gift..it makes me smile..thinking of Nathaniel smiling.

Ninna
Jul 27th 2007, 03:37 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with and for you and Tina today, Deb.:hug:

miepie
Jul 27th 2007, 03:41 PM
I have been praying for you and your family too today my dear sweet sister....... :hug: :pray:

Let me know if you need to talk, or if I can do something else...... :hug:

Love you girl,

rchivers
Jul 27th 2007, 04:08 PM
I am sitting at work reading through this thread and tears are forming.

I cant imagine what it must be like to lose a child. They are so innocent. I guess you have to look at the big picture and understand that they are in a great place now but our emotions can be so strong its hard to sometimes come to grips with this.

This thread is full of so much love all inspired by a little boy who it seems did a fantastic job of dealing with the cards he was dealt and obviously touched many, many lives.

I have not cried in 2 years and this is really getting to me.

justintime
Jul 27th 2007, 07:46 PM
Greetings Debra R, brothers/sisters, grace and peace with you and your families always, may the Will of our Lord Jesus Christ be done. Amen!

Let us, give thanks and praises unto the Holy Father Almighty God, thanking him always for the precious blood, and; for sparing our life to see yet another day in which we are thankful, praise his Holy name.

Sister Debra :hug::hug: I join you in praising our mighty and great King of Glory, Jesus loves you and so do I, praise his Holy name.

Psalm 105:1-5 thank you Lord.

Peace be with you all.

Equipped_4_Love
Jul 27th 2007, 11:17 PM
Dear friends;

I have been reading some of this thread, and the comments have touched me deeply.
What a beautiful gift God gave you all when He brought this precious child into the world....and what a wonderful priviledge it was for many of you to have known him.
I never had the priviledge with meeting or interacting with sweet Nathaniel, but it is obvious to me that God brought him into this world to touch the lives and the hearts of those around him. What a special place in Heaven this wonderful boy has earned!!!
Although Nathaniel lived a short life, God was gracious to Him by imparting him with wisdom way beyond his years. I get this from the many comments I have read. I believe that when children are sick, God gives them phenomenal gifts to allow them a better understanding of just what it is that is happening. He gives them supernatural comfort, and a connection with Himself that not many of us can fully understand. Surely our Father loved this little boy beyond love!!!
The pure and imparted wisdom of this young man is evident. God loved him dearly, and I can just imagine that when this young man went to be with Christ, he was taken up on the wings of angels, and delivered to our Saviour, Who sat sweet Nathaniel on His lap and embraced him, talked with Him, and let him know just how much everyone he loved is loved.
I can also imagine that together, they said a prayer for everyone whom Nathaniel cared about.
It appears that, in spite of his ailment, Nathaniel was a very joyful young man, and no doubt he is now experiencing more joy than any of us can imagine.
Dear friends, thank you for sharing all of your experiences. Children have the ability to touch the human soul so deeply...and Debra, I know that once you arrive in paradise, young Nathaniel will take your hand and show you all around.
Won't that be wonderful?!

Skymarie
Aug 1st 2007, 06:25 PM
:cry::hug::hug::hug::hug::cry:

Sonkissedpeach
Sep 2nd 2007, 12:53 AM
Dear friends;

I have been reading some of this thread, and the comments have touched me deeply.
What a beautiful gift God gave you all when He brought this precious child into the world....and what a wonderful priviledge it was for many of you to have known him.
I never had the priviledge with meeting or interacting with sweet Nathaniel, but it is obvious to me that God brought him into this world to touch the lives and the hearts of those around him. What a special place in Heaven this wonderful boy has earned!!!
Although Nathaniel lived a short life, God was gracious to Him by imparting him with wisdom way beyond his years. I get this from the many comments I have read. I believe that when children are sick, God gives them phenomenal gifts to allow them a better understanding of just what it is that is happening. He gives them supernatural comfort, and a connection with Himself that not many of us can fully understand. Surely our Father loved this little boy beyond love!!!
The pure and imparted wisdom of this young man is evident. God loved him dearly, and I can just imagine that when this young man went to be with Christ, he was taken up on the wings of angels, and delivered to our Saviour, Who sat sweet Nathaniel on His lap and embraced him, talked with Him, and let him know just how much everyone he loved is loved.
I can also imagine that together, they said a prayer for everyone whom Nathaniel cared about.
It appears that, in spite of his ailment, Nathaniel was a very joyful young man, and no doubt he is now experiencing more joy than any of us can imagine.
Dear friends, thank you for sharing all of your experiences. Children have the ability to touch the human soul so deeply...and Debra, I know that once you arrive in paradise, young Nathaniel will take your hand and show you all around.
Won't that be wonderful?!
this is a beautiful post!:hug:

Debra R
Nov 26th 2007, 04:21 AM
I finally have the video we made for Nathaniel's funeral uploaded and wanted to share it with you all. It is 18 min. 22 sec. long. There are about 170 pictures on it. I remember when Tina and I were trying to decide what pictures to use and that was the smallest amount we could limit it too :).

I remember the stress of that day trying to get things ready. I don't think we had realized how many pictures we had of Nathan. And trying to choose which ones. We have hundreds. Which I am very thankful that we have them. We did have one small video clip that we added and we hadn't been sure it would work but it did, it was when Nathan was around one and a half years old holding a little bunny, it was so cute :).

Just watching it brings so many memories. The holidays are still difficult without him to enjoy them with us. But we draw comfort from God.

I hope you enjoy the video. Nathan was so adorable, such a special little boy. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4990195987913484082&hl=en

God bless you. :hug:
Love, Deb

Toolman
Nov 26th 2007, 02:58 PM
Beautiful Debra... The note from Caleb was so touching.. out of the mouths of babes!

Our prayers, thoughts, wishes and hopes are with you and your family this season. May His peace, which passes our understanding, surround and fill your family with joy, hope, faith and love.

quiet dove
Nov 26th 2007, 08:19 PM
Yes it is very beautiful.

Debra R
Nov 26th 2007, 11:22 PM
Beautiful Debra... The note from Caleb was so touching.. out of the mouths of babes!

Our prayers, thoughts, wishes and hopes are with you and your family this season. May His peace, which passes our understanding, surround and fill your family with joy, hope, faith and love.

Thank you :hug:.

Caleb was so very special too. :hug:

Seeker of truth
Dec 3rd 2007, 06:32 PM
What a beautiful tribute. I can just see his smiling face as he sits on the Lords lap :hug:

RevivedGirl0216
Dec 5th 2007, 10:17 PM
This is beautiful, it brought tears to my eyes and it touched me deeply...what's even more beautiful is the love of God that's reflected and the hope in Him....all of you including Matthew are an inspiration to me.

Debra R
Dec 8th 2007, 04:08 AM
What a beautiful tribute. I can just see his smiling face as he sits on the Lords lap :hug:

Thank you :hug:, that brought a smile thinking of Nathan's smiling face as he sits on the Lord's lap. That is my greatest comfort, thinking of the joy Nathan has with Jesus.

Thank you quiet dove and RevivedGirl, I am glad you got to see it. :hug:

I couldn't watch the video for a long time. It hurt too much. But here lately I have been watching it a lot. His sweet precious face, how I miss seeing him.

turtledove
Jan 18th 2008, 03:16 AM
I just now discovered and was very blessed by this wonderful journal and tribute to a much loved grand son, Nathaniel. I think that Nathaniel is not only sitting on Jesus's lap but Our heavenly Father has a spot for him too.

Peace and blessings,

Nana ditty