PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever licked square batteries?

PeterJ
Aug 24th 2006, 02:43 PM
Most people i have talked to have licked square batteries one time or another.
Have you?

Is it dangerous?

Yours Peter

Theophilus
Aug 24th 2006, 02:46 PM
Let's get something straight here...I didn't lick the battery, I put my tongue on the + and - posts. (I assume you're talking about a 9V battery, like you use in toys). This was when I was a child, BTW.

Anyway, it was not, for me, a pleasant experience...and it won't happen again...unless someone decides to perform some recreational torture on me or something.

PeterJ
Aug 24th 2006, 02:50 PM
Let's get something straight here...I didn't lick the battery, I put my tongue on the + and - posts. (I assume you're talking about a 9V battery, like you use in toys). This was when I was a child, BTW.

Anyway, it was not, for me, a pleasant experience...and it won't happen again...unless someone decides to perform some recreational torture on me or something.

Lick,tongue, taste it, Well it more or less means the same thing, yes same for me when i was younger, don't know why i thought of doing it you?

Theophilus
Aug 24th 2006, 02:54 PM
... yes same for me when i was younger, don't know why i thought of doing it you?

I'm sure there was a "dare" involved...older neighbor kid or something.

slightlypuzzled
Aug 24th 2006, 03:01 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: .... Boy, does this bring back memories. Yea, my brother and I 'did it' to see who could out last the other. Well, I did, but I had a very sore tongue for the next few days; and I talked real funny, too. I was trying not to use my tongue at all...........my dad laughed so hard he choked on his coffee when he heard about it. My mom just rolled her eyes and murmured something about 'shoud've had girls, instead'..............:D :D

GodsOwnFool
Aug 24th 2006, 03:07 PM

This answers so many lingering questions! :hmm: :lol:

PeterJ
Aug 24th 2006, 03:09 PM
I'm sure there was a "dare" involved...older neighbor kid or something.

no i just wondered what would happen i think.:bounce:

Theophilus
Aug 24th 2006, 03:09 PM
This answers so many lingering questions! :hmm: :lol:
Girlfren...

Never mind.

GodsOwnFool
Aug 24th 2006, 03:12 PM
no i just wondered what would happen i think.:bounce:

Well why don't you give it a try Peter? Then you'll have first hand knowledge. You can report back to us, okay?:idea:

Theophilus
Aug 24th 2006, 03:15 PM
Well why don't you give it a try Peter? Then you'll have first hand knowledge. You can report back to us, okay?:idea:

Okay, confusion reigns supreme.

GOF, if you'll check the poll, you'll see that PeterJ has tried this. His response was in answer to a something he thought I said.

PeterJ, I wasn't saying that someone had dared you...I was saying I think that someone had probably dared me, and that's why I did it.

Clear as mud?

PeterJ
Aug 24th 2006, 03:23 PM
Okay, confusion reigns supreme.

GOF, if you'll check the poll, you'll see that PeterJ has tried this. His response was in answer to a something he thought I said.

PeterJ, I wasn't saying that someone had dared you...I was saying I think that someone had probably dared me, and that's why I did it.

Clear as mud?

Oh i get you lol, i have tryed it a few times in the past, God's own fool.

GodsOwnFool
Aug 24th 2006, 03:35 PM
You've tried it a few times?! Once wasn't enough for ya?

yod
Aug 24th 2006, 03:41 PM
I do it all the time!!!

Gotta check them before throwing them away, ya know?

Tastes like chicken.

Theophilus
Aug 24th 2006, 03:52 PM
I do it all the time!!!

Tastes like chicken.

My friend, you may be new on this board, but I think you'll fit in quite well!

:lol:

moonglow
Aug 24th 2006, 03:57 PM
I do it all the time!!!

Tastes like chicken.

come check mine...I have alot I am not sure are any good or not....:lol:

skc53
Aug 24th 2006, 04:31 PM
I voted no, and I never will. Ugh!!!!!!!!

Keemah
Aug 24th 2006, 04:32 PM
Yes, I have, a time or two.

Pleroo
Aug 24th 2006, 04:36 PM

Theostick's new avatar ...

http://www.swansoninc.com/images/11557.jpg

They're called .... Sparky Sticks.

Theophilus
Aug 24th 2006, 04:39 PM
Theostick's new avatar ...they're called .... Sparky Sticks.

Great...ganged up on by a purple kangaroo and a four-fingered redhead...

;)

ejant
Aug 24th 2006, 05:00 PM
I do it every day to jump start myself. :rofl::rofl:

yod
Aug 24th 2006, 08:11 PM
For a nominal fee of airfare plus lodging and expenses, I will go anywhere for a love offering versus a guaranteed honorarium...and check your battery!!!

:bounce:

lbeaty1981
Aug 25th 2006, 12:59 PM
Yep, I used to do it quite a bit (and still do when I need to see if a battery's still good or not). Then again, back in high school one of my friends and I used to have contests to see who could hold on to the electric fence the longest... :rofl:

PeterJ
Aug 25th 2006, 03:18 PM
I think everyone should Rep everyone who has voted to have licked square batteries.

PeterJ
Aug 25th 2006, 03:19 PM
You've tried it a few times?! Once wasn't enough for ya?

You want to get the whole feel to it hehe, anyone else tryed it more than once?

Am getting tempted try it again :lol: :idea:

PeterJ
Aug 25th 2006, 03:21 PM
I do it every day to jump start myself. :rofl::rofl:

:lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: your so funny:lol: :pp :pp

Otis
Aug 25th 2006, 03:25 PM
I was an electroholic in my model railroad days. I'd lick the ends of two fingers and press them against the "+" and "-" contacts on the back of the power-pack. Good times.

PeterJ
Aug 25th 2006, 03:30 PM
Yep, I used to do it quite a bit (and still do when I need to see if a battery's still good or not). Then again, back in high school one of my friends and I used to have contests to see who could hold on to the electric fence the longest... :rofl:

''electric fence the longest''

did that hurt?

always
Aug 25th 2006, 03:45 PM
and I was referred to as unbelievable

atrus912
Aug 25th 2006, 04:43 PM
Peter, your odd questions never cease to amaze me, however, this time I had to admit I was, along with most, one of the wierd ones.

However, I was twelve years old at the time.

moonglow
Aug 26th 2006, 02:09 AM
TWO pages on this???? :eek: What is WRONG with you people...!!!

:lol: :lol:

I asked my son who is ten if he ever did this and he said, no, why would I?

:lol: :lol: :cool:

cheech
Aug 26th 2006, 02:30 AM
I do it all the time!!!

Tastes like chicken.

Yeahhhhh! Me too! See...I'm not the only dorkus here...there's plenty of us! :lol:

I like chicken!!! :pp I'm gonna have to try more!

A few weeks ago, when we were moving my mom, my brother says "hey...want a piece of gum?" and had a pack of gum in his hand. I thought it looked a little odd, but stupid me, force of habit, grabbed a hold of the stick and ...SHAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAM!!!... I got a nice jolt of electric :rolleyes:. He laughed his butt off saying "Isn't this great! I got this in Canada when I was over there on vacation!" The man is 53 years old and still messing with my head! Of course my sister just said "figures you fell for it" :rolleyes:

yod
Aug 26th 2006, 02:59 AM
Hi, my name is Yod and I'm a volt-a-holic

It started out innocent enough....licking batteries at parties with all my friends but eventually I moved to the hard stuff; like car batteries and welding machines. Before long I was sneaking around stealing batteries out of radios to get my fix. I had become a shell of myself...unable to function without a few tasty volts.

I came out of the closet when I was college age. Heck, all the kids were doing it, ya know? But this uncontrolable urge had a social stigma which kept me from getting my dream job as an accordian repairman and I became homeless...searching through dumpters for a few more volts.

But one day I met JESUS and He gave me a full charge! Now I no longer crave the forbidden fruits of a 9 volt battery! I can actually hold one without lusting for it!

Alas, by God's grace I hope to overcome it for the rest of my life....

:giveup:

pnewton
Aug 26th 2006, 03:10 AM
I not only have done it, but have done it in church!!! My guitar pick-up uses one and it's the easiest way to check it.

I had a co-worker that used to wake himself up on long nights by zapping his finger or had with a hand held stun gun. That takes more guts than brains.

Song of Songs
Aug 26th 2006, 03:56 AM
I've just never felt compelled to.

Song of Songs
Aug 26th 2006, 03:57 AM
That takes more guts than brains.

Who needs brains when you have guts?

slightlypuzzled
Aug 26th 2006, 01:37 PM
Yeahhhhh! Me too! See...I'm not the only dorkus here...there's plenty of us! :lol:

I like chicken!!! :pp I'm gonna have to try more!

A few weeks ago, when we were moving my mom, my brother says "hey...want a piece of gum?" and had a pack of gum in his hand. I thought it looked a little odd, but stupid me, force of habit, grabbed a hold of the stick and ...SHAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAM!!!... I got a nice jolt of electric :rolleyes:. He laughed his butt off saying "Isn't this great! I got this in Canada when I was over there on vacation!" The man is 53 years old and still messing with my head! Of course my sister just said "figures you fell for it" :rolleyes:

Wow, your brother sounds like a kick back kind of dude. Break out the warm root beer, cold pizza and a hot four pack of batteries. After a few shocks, the root beer and pizza taste real good. But, a word of warning here, and y'all listen real close. Do not, ever, ever pour the warm root beer over the battery posts and then lick it real quick. This will produce a larger, quicker shock. These are known as 'Battery Lickers' and those so addicted to them are known as " -ick hea-s " for the weird speech patterns and deform tongues and lips. Please avoid them at all costs.
'This is your tongue' and ' --i- i- -or -o--ue o- -a--e-y -i--er-' This has been a public service announcement of 'Save Our Tongues'.

cheech
Aug 26th 2006, 01:49 PM
Wow, your brother sounds like a kick back kind of dude. Break out the warm root beer, cold pizza and a hot four pack of batteries. After a few shocks, the root beer and pizza taste real good. But, a word of warning here, and y'all listen real close. Do not, ever, ever pour the warm root beer over the battery posts and then lick it real quick. This will produce a larger, quicker shock. These are known as 'Battery Lickers' and those so addicted to them are known as " -ick hea-s " for the weird speech patterns and deform tongues and lips. Please avoid them at all costs.
'This is your tongue' and ' --i- i- -or -o--ue o- -a--e-y -i--er-' This has been a public service announcement of 'Save Our Tongues'.

:rofl: You have no idea what my family is like...you have my sister on one side and my brother on the other and there is no hope! :lol:. He was even will to let me borrow his precious shocking pack of gum so I could use it on my hubby but since hubby doesn't come home until Oct I didn't want him to go that long without it :lol:.

I think Coke would give a much better shock! Although it might take the silver right off the battery!

:hmm:...heyyyyyy...we have room at our recovery program for battery lickers! We will do a battery check at the door to make sure no one is sneaking them in and going to the bathroom to get their quick fix. :D

TEITZY
Aug 26th 2006, 01:52 PM
Have you?

Is it dangerous?

Yours Peter

No not dangerous. But in Australia we test car batteries that way which can be deadly especially if you get sulphuric acid on your tongue:lol:

slightlypuzzled
Aug 26th 2006, 02:07 PM
:rofl: You have no idea what my family is like...you have my sister on one side and my brother on the other and there is no hope! :lol:. He was even will to let me borrow his precious shocking pack of gum so I could use it on my hubby but since hubby doesn't come home until Oct I didn't want him to go that long without it :lol:.

I think Coke would give a much better shock! Although it might take the silver right off the battery!

:hmm:...heyyyyyy...we have room at our recovery program for battery lickers! We will do a battery check at the door to make sure no one is sneaking them in and going to the bathroom to get their quick fix. :D

At last, a family after my own heart. I actually tried that, and the shock was greater than I expected. Guess that tells you how much of a scientist I was at about eleven years of age....:rofl: :rofl: I had a severly burned tongue, and lips for weeks. Funny thing, my dad could not stop laughing every time he saw his poor lacerated son..........sniff sniff.

moonglow
Aug 26th 2006, 02:18 PM
At last, a family after my own heart. I actually tried that, and the shock was greater than I expected. Guess that tells you how much of a scientist I was at about eleven years of age....:rofl: :rofl: I had a severly burned tongue, and lips for weeks. Funny thing, my dad could not stop laughing every time he saw his poor lacerated son..........sniff sniff.

Now that explains why you are the way you are...:lol:

moonglow
Aug 26th 2006, 02:23 PM

It started out innocent enough....licking batteries at parties with all my friends but eventually I moved to the hard stuff; like car batteries and welding machines. Before long I was sneaking around stealing batteries out of radios to get my fix. I had become a shell of myself...unable to function without a few tasty volts.

I came out of the closet when I was college age. Heck, all the kids were doing it, ya know? But this uncontrolable urge had a social stigma which kept me from getting my dream job as an accordian repairman and I became homeless...searching through dumpters for a few more volts.

But one day I met JESUS and He gave me a full charge! Now I no longer crave the forbidden fruits of a 9 volt battery! I can actually hold one without lusting for it!

That is too funny!! :lol: :lol:

slightlypuzzled
Aug 26th 2006, 05:37 PM
Now that explains why you are the way you are...:lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Dudette, that only begins to explain the way I am...:lol: :lol: You can just ask the tons of exploded batteries, used and burned out chemistry sets. flaming tailed kamikaze kites, stuffed animal hung and executed, whole boxes of caps blasted with falling rocks, super hero capes that launched flights into christmas trees and things in general, wrecked bicycles that took flight off ramps, fences, and barn roofs, all the wagon races down hillside roads that ended up in ditches, hay mounds, and a couple of creeks. That and all the other stuff of childhood contributed to make the 'ma' I am today.........waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

Minderz
Aug 26th 2006, 07:03 PM
lol What would be the point in that?

HisGrace
Aug 10th 2007, 07:26 PM
Have you? Boy am I ever naive - never heard of such a thing.. :huh:

Crystalblue
Aug 11th 2007, 12:47 PM

Thanks yod for being so open, ;) you've given me hope! Maybe I should go back into rehab.

HisGrace
Aug 11th 2007, 05:14 PM
Hi, my name is Yod and I'm a volt-a-holic....... Got a real kick out of your post yod...:rofl::rofl:

However, on a more serious note we have to be aware that discomfort seems to be one of the devil's most subtle weapons of seduction. It offers a surge of feeling that, in the beginning stages, is almost intoxicating.

Drums4Him
Aug 12th 2007, 01:30 PM
Sure, it's a good way of testing the 9V battries to see how much juice they have left in them. Once when I was little I put a bobby pin in a wall outlet, shocking! Another time I tried to unplug an electrical cord from an outlet but my fingers were too small and as I was pulling it out they touched the metal conductors of the plug. Dumb!

Cricket44
Aug 12th 2007, 05:52 PM
Boy am I ever naive - never heard of such a thing.. :huh:

Am I glad to hear that, I thought I was the only one that never heard about doing this!

I think I may pit my younger sister and nephew against each other in a dare of licking batteries and enjoy the end results...:lol:

HisGrace
Aug 13th 2007, 01:07 AM
I think I may pit my younger sister and nephew against each other in a dare of licking batteries and enjoy the end results...:lol:

Ooohh, that's cruel.. :eek: .. But Funny -:lol: