PDA

View Full Version : What inspired your name and avatar?

Ron The Hebrew
Oct 25th 2006, 06:14 PM
Mines is pretty simple. I'm a Hebrew named Ron. My avatar is the Anti-Avatar. Pretty boring I know. But I'm always curious how somebody selects the online names they use and what their avatar is supposed to portray about them.

Scarlet Cord
Oct 25th 2006, 06:22 PM
"The Scarlet Cord" is the name of my Christian Bookstore which comes from Joshua, chapter 2. I like it because of what the cord Rahab hangs from her window symbolizes: the blood of the Spotless Lamb which covers all of us who believe and accept Him and guarantees we will spend eternity with Him!

I change my avatar from time to time. Right now it is "A Starry Night" and I chose it just because I like the painting.

Stacey Blue
Oct 25th 2006, 06:27 PM
Mine name is Stacey and my eyes are blue. My avatar is my adorable kid. :)

Marcat1702003
Oct 25th 2006, 06:32 PM
My name is Mary Catherine therefore the Marcat. The 170 belongs to my address and the 2003 when I got my computer. My avatar just tells it like it is.

Quickened
Oct 25th 2006, 06:39 PM
My name comes from a piece written by cornelius cardrew entitled Soon

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g37/soonlordjesus/av/scan0001.jpg

My avatar is a cropped part of DaveS's bible. It was part of a poll as to weather we just merely read our bibles, just highlight and underline, write notes and/or all of the above. I thought it was a great picture

always
Oct 25th 2006, 06:56 PM
My name is my given name's meaning, my avator is me running, I love to run

Clavicula_Nox
Oct 25th 2006, 08:18 PM
My name is Latin meaning "The Lesser Key of Night," and my Avatar is a space marine. My profile picture is an almost week old picture of me.

NHL Fever
Oct 25th 2006, 08:20 PM
I can't claim to have a deep, sophisticated, or philosophical name or avatar lol. Pretty much I like hockey and the avatar is a picture of the Airbus A380, the biggest passenger plane in the world today which is just shipping out orders now. I carries 555 passengers, or 835 if all decks were used for economy. I thought that was pretty cool. It'll probably change in awhile.

Doc
Oct 25th 2006, 08:58 PM
Doc the nickname given to me by my Marines

and the avatar because it was too funny too pass up.

kayte
Oct 25th 2006, 09:24 PM
Kaye is my middle name, but was taken when I signed up, so I threw the T from my first name in the middle and became kayte.

My avatar is a drawing I did of my daughters neice. I just thought she was cute and it reminds me to 'come as a child' in prayer. :)

beachbum53
Oct 25th 2006, 09:48 PM
I am not very ingenous so I just kept the one I always had. I love the beach. My dog I just put on as I was missing him very much after he died, it took me a while to figure out how to do it. I change it a lot though along with my sig.

Hevinly1
Oct 25th 2006, 10:04 PM
Well umm ... My name is to remind me of where my home really is. and the avitar is pretty!

Slug1
Oct 25th 2006, 10:20 PM
My wife happened to say, "Where's that slug of a husband of mine" at my work one day. My first sergeant happened to hear this and the name stuck ever since :lol:

My avatar is of a picture I asked my daughter to draw for me that I wanted as a tattoo.

atrus912
Oct 25th 2006, 10:57 PM
My username is atrus912. Atrus was a noble, wonderful character from a computer game made back in 1993 called "Myst". It was one of the first games to have an original, effective, and intellectual storyline. I was born on September 12th, 1987.

My avatar is a typewriter keyboard. I like to read and write. I believe that the biggest blessing God has given me is literacy. It's been fundamental to all areas of my life. Second only to God Himself.

There it is.

Jukebox Girl
Oct 25th 2006, 11:07 PM
I own a 1968 Seaburg Selectomatic Jukebox (which is probably the one posession I own that I would really like to take to heaven with me if I could!) and over 500 45's from the 50's, 60's, 70's, and 80's (some of which I am listening to right now!).

My avitar is me leaning on a classic Chevrolet at the Dick Clark American Bandstand theater in Branson, Missouri. I thought it fit my name well. :cool:

dworthington
Oct 25th 2006, 11:12 PM
My user name is my name David Worthington, dworthington, my avatar is my photo.

khalou
Oct 25th 2006, 11:36 PM
My username is the result of one frustrating evening when I couldn't find one that hadn't been taken. I simply typed the first thing that popped into my head that I could be sure hadn't been taken. Through different boards and years and years, I've never changed it.

My pic is probably obvious. ;)

k

SpartanII
Oct 26th 2006, 04:54 AM
The Spartans from the game Halo. SpartanII is the main character.

CheeseLikesCereal
Oct 26th 2006, 05:49 AM
I'd love to post a custom avatar but here isn't an option on my user cp. :( Perhaps I need a certain number of posts? :hmm: I've not been here long and I'm already a pain. :rofl:

god_guided_guy
Oct 26th 2006, 05:57 AM
My user name is simply, Im simply a guy guided by god thus...god guided guy and my avatar is a cool picture that I adapted:P

atrus912
Oct 26th 2006, 10:00 AM
My user name is my name David Worthington, dworthington, my avatar is my photo.

I always thought you to be a very straightfoward person, my friend.:lol:

Duane Morse
Oct 26th 2006, 10:03 AM
My name is my name, simple enough.

My avatar is a mathematical/graphical representation of the soul, of love, of Life, of the seven 'days' of Creation, and a few other things.

dworthington
Oct 26th 2006, 10:21 AM
I always thought you to be a very straightfoward person, my friend.:lol:

Thank you..............

FaithfulSheep
Oct 26th 2006, 11:20 AM
My username is one I use for all message boards I talk on. jdarnall is from my name (Jessica Darnall) and the 2001 is both part of my address and the year I got married.

I change out my avatar regularly, but I always have some kind of custom avatar I make in Adobe Photoshop that combines a photo and scripture.

Matthew 12:21
Oct 26th 2006, 05:38 PM
I chose my name because I like verse 12:21 of the book of Matthew.
My avatar was made by KennethDCollins. I found the picture and thought that it suited the verse perfectly.

mcgyver
Oct 27th 2006, 03:06 PM
Mcgyver is the nickname my troops gave me when I was Active Army...Just kinda stuck, I guess.

My avatar is from Hebrews 12:2 and reminds me that I need to be focused on Him daily.

Frances
Oct 27th 2006, 04:57 PM
My name was given me as a baby, my avatar is a picture I 'saw' years ago when distressed - plucking up the courage to give everything (joys, problems, pains and possessions) to Christ can seem like climbing a steep hill but if I put everything down at His feet and leave it there (it can be tempting to pick the sack up again!) it will fall into the sea of God's Love . . . where no fishing is allowed so, full of joy I can live for Him, free of all my burdens.

KennethDCollins
Oct 27th 2006, 05:09 PM
My name is... my name. My avatar is only seasonal. The avatar I normally sport is...

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n10/KennethDCollins/CrossAvatar1.jpg (http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n10/KennethDCollins/?start=#imgAnch6) OR http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n10/KennethDCollins/CrossAvatar2.jpg (http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n10/KennethDCollins/?start=#imgAnch5)

The meaning behind them is obvious. The avatar is actually made up of two different pictures that I found and blended together.

qbee
Oct 28th 2006, 04:29 AM
I chose my avatar becuase it was funny :lol:

But I am Qbee
http://hometown.aol.com/bi22ibee/images/qbee_cute.jpg

also known as super hero "Livingwater girl"
and I use these avatars also quite frequently ..

http://hometown.aol.com/bi22ibee/images/bible_girl.gif..http://hometown.aol.com/bi22ibee/images/angel_girl.gif..http://hometown.aol.com/bi22ibee/images/shep_girl_av.jpg..

This is for special occasions such a tea parties :lol:
Miepie made my purse :)
http://hometown.aol.com/bi22ibee/images/tea_party_girl_purse.jpg

karenmot
Oct 28th 2006, 05:07 AM
My name is Karen... :D

mot is mom of ten, because I have 10 children -- I pronounce it like the French word for word, mot, pronounced moe, but you can pronounce it any way you like ;) ....

My avatar changes perodically with my moods, but I always come back to this one -- the woman who changes:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f21/kgb5705/women.gif

I like it a lot -- it suits me -- it is a graphic representation of my thought process.................

Fire Of God
Oct 28th 2006, 05:33 AM
My user name comes from my desire to have His fire in my life at all times. The avatar is one I found while looking for one I could relate to. The mercy seat of God! Amen! :)

Graphixer
Oct 28th 2006, 09:05 AM
I fix graphics for a living. That's the name.

You guys can use it too! Carphixer, Housephixer, Coffeephixer, Catphixer.

This is fun...should I go on?

Burgerphixer, Brokenheartphixer, Electionphixer.

And the avatar is because I really am a cross-eyed penguin with glasses.

Don't believe me? Here's a picture of me on a camping trip last year...

http://home.comcast.net/%7Egraphixer/camping.jpg

Soj
Oct 28th 2006, 09:33 AM
My name/avatar/signature are all scriptural.

Soj is short for sojourner (1 Peter 1:17) which to me means that i'm just passing through this place, my real home is in heaven and not on this earth.

Scarlet Cord
Oct 28th 2006, 06:42 PM
Graphixer,

Are you or any of your family members in the new movie "Happy Feet?" :lol:

Seeker of truth
Oct 29th 2006, 02:46 AM
When I started posting here I was still pretty much a baby Christian. I came here seeking the truth. My avatar is something we all see everyday....a rabbit with a pancake on it's head.

Quickened
Oct 29th 2006, 03:34 AM
My name comes from a piece written by cornelius cardrew entitled Soon

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g37/soonlordjesus/av/scan0001.jpg

My avatar is a cropped part of DaveS's bible. It was part of a poll as to weather we just merely read our bibles, just highlight and underline, write notes and/or all of the above. I thought it was a great picture

Edit..... i changed my user name but i wont edit that original post because its an awesome piece! Everyone should listen to it!

ComeLordJesus
Oct 29th 2006, 04:44 AM
My user name ComeLordJesus is my hearts desire. I used to say it as a child sometimes at meals. I use Pleasemaranatha on some other boards. It means please Jesus come quickly. I look forward to going to our real home forever.

The picture for my avatar makes me smile. Jesus has been like that to me my whole life. He really is showing love and affection. I picture God smiling alot and I know He does have a sense of humor.:)

humbled
Oct 29th 2006, 04:58 AM
Ahhh ... I can finally say that my username is not that I "am" humble, but rather that I am constantly being humbled by God.

I struggle with pride and boasting and stumble from time to time. Therefore, God humbles me.

My avatar shows my view of how we are saved. Soli Deo Gloria means to to God Alone be the Glory.

It's also on a music sheet, and I play guitar, so I thought it was a perfect fit.

:)

rabidchipmunk
Oct 29th 2006, 08:18 PM
I change my avatar almost as frequently as i change my socks. My user name, or as I'm know, RC, is cuz someone said i was like a chipmunk once cuz when i eat sometimes I stuff food in my cheeks. But I wanted something a little tougher than chipmunk cheeks which I have used before. therefore: rabidchipmunk.

Vickilynn
Oct 29th 2006, 08:55 PM
Shalom,

Mine is really boring!! LOL! :lol:

My username is my name - Vickilynn,
My avatar is the Hebrew name of my L-rd Jesus.
I am a Messianic Jew.
Although I don't know much Hebrew, I really prefer using Yeshua rather than Jesus.

disiple56
Oct 29th 2006, 09:04 PM
I never really put a lot of thought into my user name. When I first found this site I thought I was just passing through.

The 56 is the year I was born. Disiple is a misspelling of disciple. I thought about having a mod correct it for me, but I decided that it was useful for keeping me humble. If I ever start thinking too highly of myself I can just look at my user name and remember that I don't even have enough sense to spell disciple.

KennethDCollins
Oct 30th 2006, 07:49 PM
I'd love to post a custom avatar but here isn't an option on my user cp. :( Perhaps I need a certain number of posts? :hmm: I've not been here long and I'm already a pain. :rofl:You will have that option in about 3 days. As I stated on your intro I believe, I'm more than happy to make one for you, as I have done for several others on this website. Just let me know if I can help.

CheeseLikesCereal
Oct 30th 2006, 08:40 PM
What a generous offer! Thank you Kenneth! :hug: I think I have to wait until 11/3 but I already have a picture of 'Cheese' (the character) lined up to use as my avatar! :P

Still, thank you for your willingness to help out a newbie!

Cheese

GodsOwnFool
Oct 30th 2006, 08:47 PM
My name comes from a Michael Card song "Gods Own Fool". It also is in reference to several scriptures about us being fools for Christ.

My avatar is one that I had on another message board and I just carried it over with me.

stoomart
Oct 31st 2006, 07:29 AM
My username comes from my name, Stuart Martin. I started spelling my name Stoo on all my work in highschool because there were two other Stuarts there. I ended up using stoomart for my username everywhere because it sounds like a soup store.

My avitar is a picture of me a couple years ago doing "cupcake shooters" at a friends party.

Stoo

Duane Morse
Oct 31st 2006, 08:01 AM
My username comes from my name, Stuart Martin. I started spelling my name Stoo on all my work in highschool because there were two other Stuarts there. I ended up using stoomart for my username everywhere because it sounds like a soup store.

My avitar is a picture of me a couple years ago doing "cupcake shooters" at a friends party.

Stoo
I know a guy with the same name as you; he lives in Denver, does video editing.
He might spell his name Stewart, though.

humbled
Oct 31st 2006, 04:40 PM

StooHey! A fellow Oregonian :) I'm in Portland, brother. (Oregon City, actually)

What's a cupcake shooter? :lol:

Saved7
Oct 31st 2006, 05:19 PM
My name is based on my years of salvation. And my avatar is based on my personality. I am female, and petite, but many people at work tease me, because I think I'm ten feet tall and see that I am able to lift some very heavy things, yet, I don't look like I can.

TheEditor
Oct 31st 2006, 05:20 PM
Well my name is just my name... I wanted to write a book and be it's author and editor... So I use that all across the net...

As for avatar... just the herb of Ukraine...

CML
Oct 31st 2006, 08:38 PM
At the time I was signing up, I was listening to this song over and over:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ajrDneekCOY&mode=related&search=

I don't much care for the video (I would have done it differently!) but I love the song, and "CML" stands for "Consume Me, Lord". Its all about the idea of "more of Him; less of me". Too often, that isn't the case, unfortunately, as I often get in the way. :B I guess my screenname is a reminder to me, or should be!

Here are the lyrics to the song:

Consume Me - dcTalk

Lovely traces
I can sense You in everything
The way that You move me
Takes me far away
I seek no escape
Im dreaming through Your eyes
I am wandering through Your mind
Im overtaken by the way that You deliver me
Im transcended
Theres no place Id rather be
Than here in heaven
Without You Im incomplete
Its hopeless

(chorus)
You consume me, You consume me
Like a burning flame running through my veins
You consume me moving through me
Anytime, anyplace you invade my space

Wholly devoted
I immerse myself in you
Baptize me in Your love
Cause drowning in the thought of You
Floods my soul
Im taken by the things You do
God, You know
It doesnt matter what I lose
Im yours

(repeat chorus)

(bridge) I am in your hands
Under your command
Like a puppet on a string
[lord you know]
I am willing to
Put my faith in you
So before the world I sing
[consume me]

Burning flame, through my veins
You consume me moving through me
Anytime, anyplace you invade my space
You consume me [oh, you know that I surrender]
I am consumed, I'm consumed with you

Theres no other way I can fly
Its you and i, you and i
Theres no other way I can fly
Its you and i, you and i

John146
Oct 31st 2006, 09:07 PM
Mines is pretty simple. I'm a Hebrew named Ron. My avatar is the Anti-Avatar. Pretty boring I know. But I'm always curious how somebody selects the online names they use and what their avatar is supposed to portray about them.

Well, I picked my avatar when I was in a goofy mood, I guess. I like funny pictures. My username comes from the verse John 14:6, where Jesus says "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." I just think that's a very powerful verse and makes it clear that Jesus is the only way to salvation and eternal life.

Studyin'2Show
Nov 1st 2006, 03:14 AM
I like this thread! Good idea. My name is based on II Timothy 2:15 (I know that's probably obvious by my sig:D). My avatar is a picture some of the girls in my youth group took about a year or so ago. I just always really liked this one. The upside-down girl is my seventeen year old daughter.

stoomart
Nov 1st 2006, 06:50 AM
Hey! A fellow Oregonian :) I'm in Portland, brother. (Oregon City, actually)

What's a cupcake shooter? :lol:Very cool.
As for cupcake shooter, it's the name I gave for eating an entire cupcake at once, taken from the term "jello shooters". If you're not sure what that is, it's a dixi cup filled with jello made with hard alcohol. : )

saved108
Nov 13th 2006, 09:53 PM
Nice thread, I like it :cool: Chose my avatar as it's a cute version of the Linux penguin, for folks not familiar with it Linux is an operating system just like the Windows one you are working on right now. As for the name it's contains the day that matters most in my life: on 10th August (108) God saved a wretch like me :pp . In the scheme of things its the only day that will ever matter.

JesusPhreak27
Nov 13th 2006, 09:57 PM
My screen name comes from an encounter I had last year in Atlanta when I was down there for school. Some one came up to me and called me a Jesus Freak and I told them thank you. The 27 is just one of my favorite numbers.

My avatar is there to remind me daily to "mount up" with the Armor that God has provided me.

Whispering Grace
Nov 13th 2006, 10:05 PM
My name is from a poem I wrote a few years ago. And my avatar is pretty self explanatory. :)

Ron The Hebrew
Nov 13th 2006, 10:07 PM
for folks not familiar with it Linux is an operating system just like the Windows one you are working on right now.

OSX Panther here.

stoomart
Nov 14th 2006, 03:59 PM
OSX Panther here.OSX is very closely related to linux in the background, as it runs on customized BSD Unix.
Linux here. Stoo

CML
Nov 15th 2006, 03:58 AM
My name is from a poem I wrote a few years ago.

I'd love to read it, WG.....(hint, hint!)

Bashful
Nov 16th 2006, 12:00 PM
I already told where my name comes from, but I now have a personalized avatar. It's Angel Cake from the vintage Strawberry Shortcake line.;)

Pilgrimtozion
Nov 16th 2006, 01:19 PM
My name is pretty self-explanatory: I am a pilgrim on my way to Zion. After all, this world is not our home.

My avatar is a different story. Since I am a Calvin & Hobbes-fan and came across this dancing Hobbes. I thought it was cool, also because it expresses a certain joy that I have on the inside because God loves me and I love God!

So, now you know... :)

HisGrace
Nov 20th 2006, 04:40 PM
My username is quite obvious. My only way to salvation was through His grace, and I mustn't forget it.

As far as my avatar is concerned, I am a real sucker for cutesy.:blushhap:

Keemah
Nov 20th 2006, 04:47 PM
Keemah is the Hebrew word closest, phonetically at least to my real name. When I discovered that I was partly Jewish ethnically, and I became a Messianic believer, I chose that name. It is the phonetic spelling of the word used for the Pleaides in the book of Job.

My avatar is to show that I am Messianic.

bradyboo222
Dec 2nd 2006, 11:37 PM
My name is braden and my mom used to call me bradyboo so in 4th grade when i made my first email address I chose bradyboo and my family's lucky number 222 and stuck them together. iIgot fast at typing it and I felt home with it so I kept even though i get made fun of for it somtimes. I don' have an avatar but I geuss I'll put one up now that you mention it.

CRIKEYhawk
Dec 3rd 2006, 03:16 AM
Mine's rather obvious... The Irwin's are heroes of mine, Terri is also very strong, inspirations... Hawks are my favorite animal... so ya, that's all the story behind it...

Studyin'2Show
Dec 3rd 2006, 07:45 PM
Mine's rather obvious... The Irwin's are heroes of mine, Terri is also very strong, inspirations... Hawks are my favorite animal... so ya, that's all the story behind it...What does the avatar mean? 9/4 Never Forget?:hmm:

miepie
Dec 3rd 2006, 08:34 PM
My username is the nickname my grandmother used for me and she has died a decade ago, so I use it to honour her.
I am severely ill, disabled and bedridden and I can't walk but I know that in Heaven I will dance again, so in this world "I am preparing to dance".

Love you,
Mieke :kiss:

the inside out
Dec 4th 2006, 08:16 PM
It's from the Hillsong song "From The Inside Out"

CRIKEYhawk
Dec 4th 2006, 08:36 PM
Oh, I changed it a few days ago, after I posted that... But it's in the same context...

Studyin'2Show
Dec 4th 2006, 10:58 PM
Oh, I changed it a few days ago, after I posted that... But it's in the same context...Is that the day Steve Irwin died or something?

CRIKEYhawk
Dec 6th 2006, 12:39 AM
Is that the day Steve Irwin died or something?

Yes, September 4th is the day he died. I heard about it on Veteran's Day, and all day they were showing Fox News stories of when he came on the Fox and Friends Show, wrestled a toy crocodile, and I started crying cause I remembered that particular story. But I also liked laughing at him. :monkeyd: :saint:

humbled
Dec 6th 2006, 03:58 AM
Yes, September 4th is the day he died. I heard about it on Veteran's Day, and all day they were showing Fox News stories of when he came on the Fox and Friends Show, wrestled a toy crocodile, and I started crying cause I remembered that particular story. But I also liked laughing at him. :monkeyd: :saint:Do you know if he knew the Lord?

Something tells me he may have ...

CRIKEYhawk
Dec 6th 2006, 04:05 AM
Same here, but I don't think anyone will know. There's been rumors, but people have asked not to spread them so as not to hurt Terri and the family. But something tells me he may have known the Lord. Just from the way he acted and what he did with his heart.

Lilmizflashythang
Dec 6th 2006, 07:08 PM
Well mine is pretty simple. I like little flashy things. My avator is my mini horse mare. Cute ain't she?

Cleo
Dec 16th 2006, 08:45 PM
My user name is my first and middle names. I was trying chose between three other names. I decided to just use my name to join. Then changing it afterwards (if and when I can).

The avatar is self explanatory. I hope to someday have an avatar that shows Christ knocking on a door.

humbled
Dec 17th 2006, 04:33 AM
My user name is my first and middle names. I was trying chose between three other names. I decided to just use my name to join. Then changing it afterwards (if and when I can).

The avatar is self explanatory. I hope to someday have an avatar that shows Christ knocking on a door.Well, here's a link to get you started on that hope :)

Images of Christ knocking (http://images.google.com/images?sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGGL,GGGL:2006-17,GGGL:en&q=christ%20knocking&oe=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi)

Grace and peace

NightWatchman
Dec 20th 2006, 04:04 AM
My name comes from from my staying up, over a LONG period of time, well into the early morning hours, At which times I might be reading the Bible or, more often, listening to music in my garage on my boom box CD player.
Sometime during the last 8 or 9 years, I read about the watchmen in Psalm 130:6:
My soul waits for the LORD
more than watchmen wait for the morning,
more than watchman wait for the morning.
I put in in my memory bank:hmm: and here it is.:spin:

I believe the avatar fits perfectly, but I am not up-to-speed on avatars.
In other words, I don't know how to get ones besides from what they offer here.

PrayerInMemphis
Jan 5th 2007, 09:29 PM
my avatar is a picture of a rescue--my precious baby girl India, who has been a very good friend. :)

as far as my name goes--
http://bibleforums.org/showpost.php?p=1048333&postcount=2

Otis
Jan 8th 2007, 05:34 PM
My avatar shows Otis (cat), B (white bunny), and Bem (gray bunny & newest family member).

My username is also a nickname I've had since high school.

Oh, it's also the name of one of our two cats.:D

Triquetra
Jan 10th 2007, 08:18 PM
I chose my name because I like verse 12:21 of the book of Matthew.
My avatar was made by KennethDCollins. I found the picture and thought that it suited the verse perfectly.

Your avatar is from the 4th Harry Potter movie, The Goblet of Fire. The older guy standing by the Goblet of Fire is Professor Dumbledore. I like it.

Theophilus
Jan 11th 2007, 02:06 AM
Theophilus was the guy Luke was writing to in his Gospel, and in Acts. It means friend or lover of God. I consider myself a Theophilus...:)

I usually use the logo from "The Saint" series of books for my avatar, 'cause I like it, I guess. It changes from time to time (usually for holidays, and to fit certain board trends (e.g., rabbits with items on their heads)), but St. Stick is what's usually displayed.

Triquetra
Jan 11th 2007, 04:07 AM
My avatar is from the "Men In Tights" movie. I enjoy the Mel Brooks spoofs, be it "Robin Hood: Men In Tights", "Spaceballs", "Blazing Saddles", etc. The guy has real talent, kind of like Weird Al.

Wilderness
Sep 5th 2007, 12:34 PM
Well, as an unbeliever the name seemed an obvious choice! As for the Avatar - a) it was cute. b) it seemed kinda relevant - afterall I'm an egg at the moment and maybe will hatch into a little Christian chick one day!

Studyin'2Show
Sep 5th 2007, 01:10 PM
Well, as an unbeliever the name seemed an obvious choice! As for the Avatar - a) it was cute. b) it seemed kinda relevant - afterall I'm an egg at the moment and maybe will hatch into a little Christian chick one day!Those who seek, will find! ;)

God Bless!

A Seeker
Sep 5th 2007, 07:09 PM
I was going to go for "a student". I love to study, indiscriminatly. Everything. Theology, the bible, science, everything. However the image of beer hurling, going to bed early in the morning and getting up early in the afternoon did'nt fit. So i'm a seeker of knowledge instead.

And my avatar. God is my rock. I love my rock. ;)

I like studyin to show's name and posts. If i were to rename myself it would probably be "studyin to find"!

AlainaJ
Sep 5th 2007, 07:27 PM
I just added mine. It is from my husband to me. LOL

We love to go shooting and I used to love Hello Kitty. He saw that on a gun site he goes to and thought I would find it cute. I did:rolleyes:

Alaina

Otis
Oct 12th 2007, 03:20 AM
I changed my avatar to a picture taken off the deck of our home. We bought an old farm place in a beautiful valley. Been here since April. Love it. Peace.

Matthew 12:21
Oct 12th 2007, 04:41 AM
My name is a verse from the Bible. I just sort of closed my eyes and pointed at something. Matthew 12:21 was what I landed on. :lol:
My avatar is from Watership Down, a book by Richard Adams. The picture is from the movie adaptation, but the movie is good too.

As an added bonus, my signature is a quote I really like. :P

by a show of hands
Oct 12th 2007, 06:38 AM
I don't have an avatar, yet, but my name comes from my bands name, By a Show of Hands. It is when Jesus revealed himself to the disciples, and in there disbelief that it was not him, Jesus told Peter, "Look at my hands."

FoG
Oct 12th 2007, 11:27 AM
I really like this song by Phillips, Craig and Dean.

Who am I that You are mindful of me,
That You hear me, when I call
Is it true that You are thinking of me,
How You love me, it's amazing.

I am a Friend of God,
I am a Friend of God,
I am a Friend of God,
He calls me friend.

God Almighty, Lord of Glory,
You have called me friend.

Saved7
Oct 12th 2007, 08:41 PM

My name is based on how many years I had been a christian when I joined this forum.
My avatar is really either based on what I consider beautiful, ie flowers, or my personality/faith. Like the David and slingshot as far as my personality and faith go. I used to have that one. But everybody kept thinking that I was a man, so I changed it to something else.

slynx
Oct 13th 2007, 04:31 PM
My screen name is sort of an acronym of my real name.
S = my first name
Lyn = my middle name
X = my last name

My avatar - I just like roses.

Studyin'2Show
Oct 13th 2007, 08:39 PM
My screen name is sort of an acronym of my real name.
S = my first name
Lyn = my middle name
X = my last name

My avatar - I just like roses.Not many last names start with X :hmm:

slynx
Oct 14th 2007, 04:27 PM
Not many last names start with X :hmm:

That's why I said "sort of an acronym" -- ;)

Studyin'2Show
Oct 14th 2007, 05:14 PM
That's why I said "sort of an acronym" -- ;)Oh, I thought your last name was like Xerox or something! :lol:

ChristopherE
Oct 14th 2007, 06:06 PM
hmmm :hmm: guess

my signature might help

Shannon Lynn Haven
Nov 20th 2007, 12:57 AM
How do I put AVATAR on - is there a place to select a picture

Studyin'2Show
Nov 20th 2007, 02:10 AM
How do I put AVATAR on - is there a place to select a pictureYou can use any picture, it just can't be too big. You may have to resize it. Mine is a picture some of the girls in the youth group my hubby and I were leaders in took. The upside-down one is my oldest daughter. :)

bloodinthesnow
Nov 20th 2007, 03:19 AM
My name is from one of my favorite books, Memiors of a Geisha, and my avatar changes often but as far as this one goes i would totally do something like that on a test
^.^'''

jeffreys
Nov 20th 2007, 03:26 AM
My username is, ummm, well... my name - plus my middle initial.

I'm pretty creative that way.

My avatar is a picture of our dog, doing what he does best.

Muffin
Nov 20th 2007, 04:51 AM
I was kind of hungry when I joined this forum... and a banana nut muffin sounded delicious.

Cute dog JeffreyS.

Studyin'2Show
Nov 20th 2007, 12:29 PM
I was kind of hungry when I joined this forum... and a banana nut muffin sounded delicious.

Cute dog JeffreyS.Looks like you were thirsty when you picked your avatar, huh? :D

boflex007
Nov 21st 2007, 07:42 PM
My avatar is a nickname of mine a friend gave me during football. My name is Bo sooo he said boflex once and it stuck.

My avatar is a cool smiley. =]

And finally, my profile picture is me at youthgroup a few months ago riding my fake horse Buddy. He's cool.

Ayala
Nov 21st 2007, 07:45 PM
What inspired my name? Ask my parents. :P
What inspired my avatar? .....Errr, Jesus. :P

DoinMyBest
Nov 29th 2007, 07:21 AM
My name is a reminder that as much as we want to constantly live as God would have us live, sometimes (LOTS of times) we fall far short, and Jesus is always there to welcome us back and forgive us our shortcomings.

And I didn't figure I could use the name I use on the baseball message boards I also post on!:P

As for my avatar, I have a custom one all ready to go just as soon as I have enough posts to use it! Until then I decided to use the stock cute-kitty one because I like cats but can't have one.

Follow_Me_Infantry
Nov 29th 2007, 09:22 AM
I'm a vet, and the motto of the Infantry soldier is, "Follow me!" Thus it is fairly self explanatory.

My avatar is an image that reflects my patriotism, my pride in service to my country, the soldiers that are gone and never forgotten, and God watching over us.

Sherrie
Nov 29th 2007, 11:27 AM
I thought I had posted on this way back, but I guess I did not.

Sherrie is my name, I wear blue jeans, and I am just me.

Otter77
Nov 29th 2007, 04:15 PM
hmmm... I don't know how I missed this thread initially:

Otter77: The "Otter" part is actually a nick-name I've held for years, since middle school. My "real" first name is Chris - which is entirely too common. On our middle school basketball team there were 3 Chris' including me. So we'd call one-another after our last names. My last name sounds and spells very similar to "Otter" so it quickly transitioned into Otter as most people felt it was far more fun to say. I never minded and the name has stuck since. I lost it completely for a few years until I worked in construction and nearly the same situation arose (3 Chris') and someone else entirely who never knew me before thought-up the name "Otter" for me once again.... at which time I had to tell him that he was an un-original b**t**d but that I was happy to be called "Otter".

So there you have it -- the name "Otter" in my case has nothing to do with cuddly water marmots or swimming ability.

The 77 of course being the year of my birth, I am 30.

----

My icon is simple enough... my boys are the most important thing in my life outside of my faith!

h2jo
Nov 30th 2007, 01:36 AM
Well I was thinking about "the living water" at the time and I began thinking about h2o.

My name is Jo.. so a j slipped in there quiet easily..

So h2jo was formed!

WonderWoman4Jesus
Nov 30th 2007, 01:38 AM
My original name when I joined the board was Teen_Who_Loves_Jesus. That is fairly self-explanitory. I was a teenager when I joined and as a Christian I loved Jesus. However, when I turned twenty, I was no longer a teen. I have been a long time WonderWoman fan and I am living a life for Jesus Christ, so therefore WonderWoman4Jesus was born!

My avatar changes a lot, but right now it's Sango from Inuyasha. She's a lot like me, shy and blushes easily:D

Steve M
Nov 30th 2007, 01:24 PM
Well... my name is my name...

And my avatar is my face (lovingly rendered by yours truly)...

So no stretch of the imagination there. (and I call myself a writer! Sheesh!)

Friend of I AM
Nov 30th 2007, 01:39 PM
The name says it all.

MMC
Dec 1st 2007, 06:04 PM
My initials ... 'cause lawyers are just "dull" like that.

My avatar is one of the unoriginal freebies from this site ... 'cause I was lazy...and 'cause lawyers are just "dull" like that.

miepie
Dec 1st 2007, 06:09 PM
My name is the nickname that my grandmother called me.......
My current avatar of a crying woman is because I am going through a sad period in time........

Love you,
Mieke :kiss:

Thirst
Dec 1st 2007, 09:47 PM
Well, I Thirst for Jesus. I need Him in my life more than anything. :pray:

My avatar is me standing on the beaches of the Oregon Coast during my honeymoon, staring at the Pacific Ocean, in awe of the Lord's creation.

Studyin'2Show
Dec 2nd 2007, 07:20 PM
My initials ... 'cause lawyers are just "dull" like that.

My avatar is one of the unoriginal freebies from this site ... 'cause I was lazy...and 'cause lawyers are just "dull" like that.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Fiore
Jan 3rd 2008, 03:03 AM
Prepare yourself for an epic tale...

My real name is Daisy, so I looked up the name in other languages. I ended up going with the more general word for "flower" which is fiore in Italian.

I found the avatar just by browsing a site and thought it was cute.

The End.

:spin:

ImmenseDisciple
Jan 5th 2008, 02:25 PM
I've previously used the nick "TheImmenseOne" on the basis that I am indeed immense, but since my rebirth I've been striving for discipleship, so thought "ImmenseDisciple" more apt.

My av is about 5/8ths of a dna strand, because as soon as I had the realisation that it looked exactly like an ichthys, I couldn't resist. I love it because DNA sums up everything about our physical form, and since becoming a Christian, Christ sums up entirely who I really am. Unfortunately I'm not quite at the skill level where I could make it myself, so I grabbed the best DNA pic I could find online and worked from that.

Athanasius
Feb 15th 2008, 06:45 AM
The avatar is the insignia of J.R.R. Tolkien.
I'm just a nerd and think it looks cool. . . .

My name is the name I used when gaming professionally.

ImmenseDisciple
Feb 15th 2008, 09:26 PM
The avatar is the insignia of J.R.R. Tolkien.
I'm just a nerd and think it looks cool. . . .

My name is the name I used when gaming professional.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

I always wondered what your av was! I can see it now :)

Athanasius
Feb 15th 2008, 09:35 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

I always wondered what your av was! I can see it now :)

To date, I've never read a longer book than the LOTR, and I've been looking. . .
Outside of the Bible, but it's really 66 separate books, but anyway.

Yeah, my copies of the Silmarillion, LOTR, The Hobbit, and the History of Middle Earth was upwards of a few thousand dollars

ImmenseDisciple
Feb 18th 2008, 11:02 AM
To date, I've never read a longer book than the LOTR, and I've been looking. . .

Yeah, my copies of the Silmarillion, LOTR, The Hobbit, and the History of Middle Earth was upwards of a few thousand dollars
:o
You can get them for like... $2... :lol:
Whatever floats your boat :)

Studyin'2Show
Feb 18th 2008, 01:50 PM

Yeah, my copies of the Silmarillion, LOTR, The Hobbit, and the History of Middle Earth was upwards of a few thousand dollarsThey must be first editions in leather binding or something. Wow!

lwfc
Mar 20th 2008, 10:55 PM
The L comes from my first name, Laura, and WFC stands for Watford Football Club, who I support...I couldn't think of a better username.

MidnightsPaleGlow
Mar 21st 2008, 02:37 AM
I'm into the arts, photo/poetry/film/literature, and I took a photo of a full, pale moonlight on a cloudy night back in early Jan of '07 (almost a year before I was saved). Even though it wasn't anywhere around midnight, it just popped into my mind and I kinda liked it, I pretty much use it as my artist name, but I also use it in forums since it kinda stuck. Unfortunately, since October, I've been in a creative block, but I can sense myself starting to come out of it gradually.

ServantofTruth
Mar 22nd 2008, 03:02 PM
I just didn't know what to call myself - this seemed right. Servant of God's truth. The truth being the bible/ Word of God. Sadly we are at war both inside and outside Christianity - with those who want to devalue and rubbish the Word of God/ the bible.
Time has only reinforced the truth behind me believing this. It's a great test when you meet people, christians especially, mention the bible ever so slightly and watch the reaction. Those who draw nearer....to the light of truth....and those who become abusive, don't want to hear or talk about it, argue that it's valueless......yes many of those use the term Christian for themselves.

Wilderness
Mar 23rd 2008, 08:05 PM

Dude! If you love your neighbour as yourself can I move next door to you :D? I'd never spend that amount on books!

Athanasius
Mar 23rd 2008, 08:19 PM
:o
You can get them for like... $2... :lol:
Whatever floats your boat :)

Yeah the 2$ copies were the first set of the books I bought. Then I got really into books. . .

They must be first editions in leather binding or something. Wow!

Yeah, they're nicer than the Bible's I have, lol.

Dude! If you love your neighbour as yourself can I move next door to you :D? I'd never spend that amount on books!

Should see my Chronicles of Narnia edition. . .

Gulah Papyrus
Mar 24th 2008, 01:17 AM
Gulah Papyrus is the name of a song by the band Phish...it goes something like this:

Aboard a craft bereft of oar
I rowed upstream to find Lenore
Abducted by a bandit or
A king from some forgotten war

And mindful of his larval craze
The rhinotropic micro-gaze
Ignored it and to my amazement
Rode to Paris in twelve days

(Chorus)
This is the work of the gulah papyrus
Stranded for a moment on the ocean of Osyrus
Absorbing all she can for every member of her clan
Expanding exponentially like some recursive virus

She take me on, I never fail
To ride on the redundant rail
'Cause when I know she's switched a track
There's always one to take me back

And through the bedroom door intrude
A fretful frown and spoil the mood
'Cause though I never really stand that tall
She tilt my frame, she watch me fall

(Chorus)

pretty deep huh?:)

RoadWarrior
Mar 24th 2008, 04:13 AM
:hmm: .....

deep? is that the word?

strange, perhaps?

What can it possibly mean?

Gulah Papyrus
Apr 1st 2008, 04:59 PM
:hmm: .....

deep? is that the word?

strange, perhaps?

What can it possibly mean?
It means absolutely nothing...I was being fascitious;)

...and I forgot the last verse, here you go...

So maybe I could be a fly
and feed arachnid as I die
And view the ritual from within the silken tunnel that they spin
And through the bedroom door intrude a fretful frown and spoil the mood
she tilt my frame, she watch me fall

Actually when put to music the lyrics sound really cool...it's along the same lines as The Beatles The Walrus...goofy words that sound cool.

JordanW
May 6th 2008, 08:29 AM
It's just my first name with the first letter of my last name, that being a "W". My avatar is currently a picture of me.

Ephraimsdaughter
Jun 4th 2008, 08:27 AM
Name is from my P.B.

Studyin'2Show
Jun 4th 2008, 10:04 AM
Name is from my P.B.
Avatar is because I love owls.Not to seem too dull but...what's P.B.? :hmm:

Ephraimsdaughter
Jun 4th 2008, 06:33 PM
Not to seem too dull but...what's P.B.? :hmm:

Patriarchal Blessing

Theophilus
Jun 4th 2008, 07:44 PM
Not to seem too dull but...what's P.B.? :hmm:In my house, it's what goes before "J", S2S. ;)

grptinHisHand
Jun 4th 2008, 08:02 PM
I am "gripped in the hand of God". grptinHisHand
My avatar currently is of the beach about a half hour from my home. I do sometimes change it.
g

Studyin'2Show
Jun 4th 2008, 09:28 PM
In my house, it's what goes before "J", S2S. ;)Mine too, stickman! :lol:

Buzzword
Jun 6th 2008, 04:30 PM
I try to be anti-cliche in my beliefs...and buzzword is a cooler-sounding word for cliche.

Picked the goofiest-looking avatar available on here, since I can't put my own on here yet.:lol:

Vicki-Photo
Jun 13th 2008, 11:33 PM
OK

Was I not supposed to use my real name as my username???

No photo is not my last name, but I am Vicki.

Is this fourm annonmis(sp)?

Vicki

dworthington
Jun 14th 2008, 10:26 AM
OK

Was I not supposed to use my real name as my username???

No photo is not my last name, but I am Vicki.

Is this fourm annonmis(sp)?

Vicki

I use my real name and photo'

David

mouse1992
Jun 14th 2008, 12:53 PM
"Mouse" - They used to call me back at grade school with this epithet.....

"1992" - My date of birth......

My Crusader avatar - Well, I had a fascination with the Crusades....

Gulah Papyrus
Jun 19th 2008, 03:30 AM
Gulah Papyrus is the name of a song by the band Phish...it goes something like this:

Aboard a craft bereft of oar
I rowed upstream to find Lenore
Abducted by a bandit or
A king from some forgotten war

And mindful of his larval craze
The rhinotropic micro-gaze
Ignored it and to my amazement
Rode to Paris in twelve days

(Chorus)
This is the work of the gulah papyrus
Stranded for a moment on the ocean of Osyrus
Absorbing all she can for every member of her clan
Expanding exponentially like some recursive virus

She take me on, I never fail
To ride on the redundant rail
'Cause when I know she's switched a track
There's always one to take me back

And through the bedroom door intrude
A fretful frown and spoil the mood
She tilt my frame, she watch me fall

(Chorus)

pretty deep huh?:)

Here's a clip of them doing the song live in Germany..and if you make it to the end you will be treated to some surprise dance moves that rival those of Fred and Ginger;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciOUpYFuGak

Marvin
Jun 19th 2008, 03:33 AM
Marvin the Paranoid Android from "Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy".

I'm just looking forward to getting enough posts to be able to assign a custom avatar so I can put his image in there.