|POSTING GUIDELINES - PLEASE RESPECT THEM
|As a private, moderated, Christian Message Board, we welcome people of all Christian denominations to post here. Unfortunately we also know from experience there always seem to be those select few who join solely for the purpose of mocking the faith of the members of the board or otherwise stirring up trouble for the sake of stirring up trouble. If this describes your motivation for joining, save both yourself and us the time and trouble and go elsewhere. We will not tolerate the mocking of our board, our members, our faith, and most importantly, our Lord.
- We appreciate and respect other faiths and beliefs, and ask that they do the same while here. This board is for an exploration of the Christian Protestant faith, and not the faith of other religions.
- We do not subscribe to the 'Name-it-and-claim-it' Word of Faith movement and believe it to be a distortion of Luke 17:6 and other NT passages
- Posts running counter to Christianity as explained in the Scripture must be in the appropriate category, and framed in such a way as to earnestly seek clarification. Proselytizing, Bible/Christian bashing, and rude conduct are expressly forbidden. Posts may be edited for content or deleted at the sole discretion of the moderators/administrators of this message board. Have fun, but not at other users' expense.
|STATEMENT OF BELIEFS
A copy of the statement of beliefs may be found here
- Take cognizance of forum Categories There are many to choose from. Keep your posts relevant to the forum theme.
- Be gracious to other posters When someone disagrees with you, by all means discuss it; but be slow to anger, and rather be eager to get into the Word and find the answers. Remember, when discussing passionate issues, it is easy to go too far and offend or hurt another. If we are "earnestly contending for the faith" it would be unrealistic not to be misunderstood or even ridiculed at times. But how we respond is the true test of character.
- No name calling It is rude and uncalled for and also unscriptural. Name calling of another member will get your post removed.
- Personal attacks will not be tolerated This board has an edit button enabled. Once you have posted read what you wrote. If you think it could in any way offend, go back and edit it. Moderators and Administrators will be visibly proactive in dealing with any potentially offensive material. Posts of a violent or threatening nature, either implicitly or explicitly, will be deleted, and the poster's membership revoked. Flaming, putting other's down etc all fall into this category.
- No trolling Trolling is when you provoke large volumes of responses by posting absurdities, deliberately offensive insults, etc. This will get you banned so please don't do it.
- No spamming Don't flood the board with commercial posts, irrelevant or otherwise useless material.
- No solicitation or advertising of any kind Folk come here for Christian fellowship, not to read adverts. All posts considered to be advertising will be removed or edited. This includes links to other Message Boards
- Use descriptive subject lines This makes it easier for people to see what your post is about. Please do not use another member's screen names in topic titles.
- Respect the privacy of others Do not post phone numbers, home addresses, pictures, etc. It could get you into serious trouble.
- Each person may only have one account People using multiple accounts may be banned.
- No cross posting Do not post the same message to more than one forum.
- No Blasphemy, cultic material or links to immoral sites This is a Christian board. If you do this you will be banned immediately and reported to your ISP who may even take further action against you.
- No Copyright material You may only post material written by others if you have their written permission. Any posts containing material we suspect may be copyright will be deleted without consultation. We reserve the right to remove any posts without notice to the author or those who have replied. We reserve the right to suspend the posting privileges of any registered member without notice.
- Other Members' status on the board is a private matter between the moderator(s) concerned and the member. Please do not post questions or comments about why someone was put into the cooler, banned or otherwise censured. Inasmuch as you would not like to have your dirty washing hung out in public so we ask you to offer others the same level of consideration.
|Registration to this forum is free. We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed above. By signing up on this forum you hereby agree to the terms.
You further agree that you are over the age of 13, have read these terms in full, and agree to be bound by these terms when using this Message Board.
Although the administrators and moderators of BibleDatabase forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages or confirm the validity of information posted. You agree that all messages express the unedited views of the author and that BibleDatabase forum is not responsible for any messages posted. BibleDatabase forum does not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message and will not be held responsible for the content of any message. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately.
By becoming a member of this forum, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, invasive of a person's privacy, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violate of any laws. Above all, you will conduct yourself in a manner that is respectful of the rights, dignity and privacy of others. We reserve the right to delete any message or thread, to ban a screen name, IP address, domain name, or email address for any reason we feel is deserved.
You also agree that you will not post links in the message boards that try to persuade others against Christianity.
You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless BibleDatabase forum, the owners of this site and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission and/or content of your message(s).
You will be sent an initial password to the email address you provide when you sign up.
Please make sure this is a valid address or you will not receive your password.
When you log into the Board for the first time, please go to your Control Panel and change your password.
Passwords are case sensitive
|USE OF MATERIAL
- By posting material (images and text) to this board, you agree to grant BibleForums and its successors and assigns a nonexclusive irrevocable right to reuse your material in any manner it or they see fit without notice or compensation to you.
- Please be aware that once you post a message to this board, you have 24 hours to edit it. After that, the contents is fixed. Under normal circumstances we do not delete messages so please don't ask us to.
- Most forums have additional guidelines for posting. These you will find pinned to the top of each forum when you enter them.
- Solicitation for money - either on the Board or via the Personal Messaging system - for any reason may result in immediate banning. We regret to have to prevent legitimate cases from asking for financial assistance but too many people have been scammed in the past (right here on this board!) so we have no choice but to put a blanket ban on all such requests.
- Solicitation of members of this Board via the Personal Messaging system [whether for money, to "visit your website", "visit your message board" or "buy cheap Viagra" or for any other reason] may also result in immediate and permanent banning.