cure-real

Thread: Knowing Jesus : what does it look like?

Eaglenester Guest

Knowing Jesus : what does it look like?

Knowing Jesus : what does it look like?

January 9, 2008 by ianvincent
    http://ianvincent.wordpress.com/

Quote:
    Paul knew Jesus better than anyone we know of, even better than the Apostles who had known Jesus in the days He was here on earth in His physical body.
    Some people look at Paul’s letters and they think of him as a “theologian” ; angry people think he was a “legalist” ; neither are true.
    Paul’s letters express the truth - beliefs - faith that proceeds out of the heart of a person who REALLY knows Jesus Christ, in Spirit and Truth : he is an example of what knowing Jesus “looks like” , in word and deed : teaching and life-example.
    Paul’s heart cry was “..That i might know Him..”
    Who wants to know Jesus these days? And, how do we know that a person knows Jesus? Because they are “kindred spirits” to the Apostles, living as they lived, having the same character, and teaching exactly what they taught and preached. That’s the “reference point” by which we judge which “jesus” a person has : whether real or counterfeit.
    Oh, many claim to know Jesus, and many claim to be like Him. Jesus gave us the Apostles as a reference point as to what knowing Jesus “looks like” in real life examples.
    ian.

Quote:
    “Paul knew Jesus better than anyone we know of, even better than the Apostles”
    Quote:
    “Paul’s heart cry was “..That i might know Him..””
    These 2 truths say ALOT - that as much as Paul knew Jesus, he wanted to know Him MORE.

To to many today (and I’m sure throughout history) are content and “secure” in their depth of knowing Jesus;
    they stagnantly stay at the depth of relationship they are at just swimming in circles.

Blog Entries
    You can really know Him through His names which is the manifestation of His character
    The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
    God plants in our hearts
    to remind us
    there are better things ahead.
    -Holley Gerth

Knowing Jesus the King, it would look like: a light on a hill.

Knowing Jesus the King, it would sound like: hearing Him say 'I knew you' or 'well done thow good and faithful servant'

knowing Jesus the King, it would smell and taste like: sacrifice, love and compassion for God, our fellowman and the rest of Gods creation.

I agree very much with what you have to say about Paul too.

A righteous man regards the life of his animal Pro. 12:10
    Quote:
    “Paul knew Jesus better than anyone we know of, even better than the Apostles”
    Who said the above quote?

Jhn 13:23Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved.
    Thus says YHWH, "Stand by the ways and see and ask for the ancient paths, Where the good way is, and walk in it; And you will find rest for your souls.
    -Jeremiah 6:16

Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. - Matthew 11:29

An odd question... Knowing that 2 + 2 = 4, what does it smell like? j/k
    Knowing Christ can only come from living in Him, and His living in you, which should influence your every action. I suppose, then, it looks like love
    Call to Me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known. Jeremiah 33:3
    You put the stars in the sky and you know them by name, You see the depths of my heart and You love me the same, You are amazing, God.
    I do not 'hope' I am saved and I do not 'think' I am saved, I know it with an absolute conviction. I know that I am saved just as I know that I think and I know that I feel. I am purchased and sealed, His possession.

(thread closed as per...Slug1)
    As the OP has changed his status to Non-Christian and can no longer participate in this thread, as per Slug1 the thread is now closed.

Thanks to all who have participated!

Thread Information