cure-real

Thread: Why.

Blog Entries

Why.

Why
    Hello, I was thinking about the time I bought a car in my home town, this was the time I was visiting Mum every week because of her dementia condition. The car show compound was at the bottom of my Mothers road, we needed a reliable car to travel the eighty miles there and the same back home.There was one car in my price bracket and I paid the price he asked I didn't ask for discount or anything, why I asked myself yesterday, didn't I ask for something off the price? Well my reason was I wanted to treat him as I would like myself to be treated.

Unfortunately he didn't treat me the same way, the engine didn't work properly and I found out later the body work had been poorly painted over,there was a fault in one of the panels, the paint just wore off revealing what he had covered over.Not only that there was water ingress through the boot into the foot wells of the car. The car was a disaster and was completely unreliable, and would break down on my journey home time after time.

So why do I still try to treat people as I would like myself to be treated, I suppose you know what I'm going to say. I looked in the Bible using the same words above and I couldn't find anything. So I prayed for the scripture and this is what I had, it always surprises me still that a scripture came. These are the words that came to me, love thy neighbour as thyself

Mt 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Alan

Last edited by Amencorner; Sep 12th 2012 at 08:10 PM.

Re: Why.

We are also told to be wise.

Wisdom includes checking every aspect of anything I spend the Lord's money on and ensuring, as far as I am able, that my love for my neighbour includes encouraging him to be honest in his dealings - by not being a 'soft touch'.

Quote Originally Posted by Amencorner View Post
    Why
    Hello, I was thinking about the time I bought a car in my home town, this was the time I was visiting Mum every week because of her dementia condition. The car show room was at the bottom of my Mothers road, we needed a reliable car to travel the eighty miles there and the same back home.There was one car in my price bracket and I paid the price he asked I didn't ask for discount or anything, why I asked myself yesterday, didn't I ask for something off the price? Well my reason was I wanted to treat him as I would like myself to be treated.

Unfortunately he didn't treat me the same way, the engine didn't work properly and I found out later the body work had been poorly painted over,there was a fault in one of the panels, the paint just wore off revealing what he had covered over.Not only that there was water ingress through the boot into the foot wells of the car. The car was a disaster and was completely unreliable, and would break down on my journey home time after time.

So why do I still try to treat people as I would like myself to be treated, I suppose you know what I'm going to say. I looked in the Bible using the same words above and I couldn't find anything. So I prayed for the scripture and this is what I had, it always surprises me still that a scripture came. These are the words that came to me, love thy neighbour as thyself

Mt 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Alan

God bless you.

I love when that happens. The answers just jump at ya. The supernatural beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Frances View Post

Wisdom includes checking every aspect of anything I spend the Lord's money on and ensuring, as far as I am able, that my love for my neighbour includes encouraging him to be honest in his dealings - by not being a 'soft touch'.
    This is true. It wouldn't have been wrong of you to negotiate the price, but you didn't. Consider it a learning experience.
    Remember God knows the motives of our hearts and He knows that yours was in the right place and will bless you for it.

Jeanne

"He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it". ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

"If we ever forget that we are ONE NATION UNDER GOD, then we will be a nation gone under" ~ Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries

Hello, I was looking at a reply to something I'd written on Bibleforums in the website stuff section. Underneath his reply there are a couple of links and one took me to on-line Bibles, it was advertising "Christian message board" and if you hover your mouse over it,it say's,

"come and join us and be part of the Family" I thought that was pleasant to read, that you could be part of a family and never see each other physically.

Some say it's only a Forum not a Church, when in Church if the minister would bring a word on Sunday we would listen and take it in, not discuss it. It was our personal responsibility to respond to Jesus about what we heard. Sometimes the whole Church would have to make a decision after a word from the Lord, we are told we must Pray in the Spirit, walk in the Spirit, so does that mean we must physically be together. It say's,

Mt 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Some of us cannot Physically go to a physical gathering of the family of God, so is this another provision of God for you and I to gather in the Spirit. It is right and proper to go to Church if we can, while my Wife and I have been away from Church physically, they haven't forgotten us Spiritually, and have been prepared to help physically, a family member Alan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Amencorner View Post
    Hello, I was looking at a reply to something I'd written on Bibleforums in the website stuff section. Underneath his reply there are a couple of links and one took me to on-line Bibles, it was advertising "Christian message board" and if you hover your mouse over it,it say's,

"come and join us and be part of the Family" I thought that was pleasant to read, that you could be part of a family and never see each other physically.

Some say it's only a Forum not a Church, when in Church if the minister would bring a word on Sunday we would listen and take it in, not discuss it. It was our personal responsibility to respond to Jesus about what we heard. Sometimes the whole Church would have to make a decision after a word from the Lord, we are told we must Pray in the Spirit, walk in the Spirit, so does that mean we must physically be together. It say's,

Mt 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Some of us cannot Physically go to a physical gathering of the family of God, so is this another provision of God for you and I to gather in the Spirit. It is right and proper to go to Church if we can, while my Wife and I have been away from Church physically, they haven't forgotten us Spiritually, and have been prepared to help physically, a family member Alan
    Hello, having posted the above yesterday, I decided to read the rules of this forum and I was pleasantly surprised to find much of what I have written to be in the Spirit of the rules. My first post here in Christian fellowship was moved from the prayer section, so who ever moved me, I would like to say thank you, Alan

Welcome to the board, Alan.
    We're glad to have you here.

Jeanne

"He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it". ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

"If we ever forget that we are ONE NATION UNDER GOD, then we will be a nation gone under" ~ Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frances View Post

Hello, I believe you to be quite right, but let us for one minute turn it all on its head. What if that man who sold me the car had called out to God for help in a financial situation with his business. Then Father God knowing who I am put it in my heart to be a soft touch, like the man who was helped by the Samaritan on the road to Damascus ( sorry I mean Jericho). What if I needed to be forgiving in my life and he used this man to teach me. At this time my Brother had just died and my Mother had developed Dementia, which accelerated, because she found my Brother dead in the chair on rising one morning. If I had put more information in my post would you have judged me the same, I have taken what you have said and applied it to my next purchase of a car to transport my wife to hospital in the coming weeks. Kindest Regards Alan
    Last edited by Amencorner; Sep 15th 2012 at 07:22 PM.

Blog Entries

Luke 6:31

New International Version (NIV)

31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Thread Information