cure-real

View Poll Results: What denomination do you belong to?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Anglican

1 1.19%
  • Assemblies of God

4 4.76%
  • Baptist

18 21.43%
  • Brethren

1 1.19%
  • Christian Reformed

4 4.76%
  • Church of Christ

5 5.95%
  • Disciples of Christ

0 0%
  • Evangelical Free

2 2.38%
  • Independent Christian

6 7.14%
  • Lutheran

4 4.76%
  • Mennonite

0 0%
  • Methodist

5 5.95%
  • Nazarene

1 1.19%
  • Presbyterian

1 1.19%
  • United Church of Christ

0 0%
  • Worldwide Church of God

1 1.19%
  • Other (Sorry if I didn't name, there are just so many different churches)

31 36.90%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What denomination do you belong to?

I put other- coz I'm evangelical, but not evangelical free- I'm not sure what that is.

ChristianKnight Guest
    Baptist out-number all others haha, I heard we are the largest Christian-Denomination, is that true?

Non-denominational.

Anton

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianKnight View Post
    Baptist out-number all others haha, I heard we are the largest Christian-Denomination, is that true?
    Yes, as far as I know the Southern Baptist Convention is the largest denomination in the Protestant tradition.

Southern Baptist

Quote Originally Posted by jmj View Post
    I put other- coz I'm evangelical, but not evangelical free- I'm not sure what that is.
    The Evangelical Free Church of America:

http://www.efca.org/

I attend Mountain View Assembly of God in Spokane, Washington. I am a drummer/singer on the worship team there. I view anybody that claims Jesus, the Father, and the Holy Spirit are all God in the Trinity, the only way to Heaven is salvation by Jesus dying on the cross, and there is a real Hell as being Christians, despite the difference in denomination.

ChristianKnight Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron35 View Post
    I attend Mountain View Assembly of God in Spokane, Washington. I am a drummer/singer on the worship team there. I view anybody that claims Jesus, the Father, and the Holy Spirit are all God in the Trinity, the only way to Heaven is salvation by Jesus dying on the cross, and there is a real Hell as being Christians, despite the difference in denomination.
    So, your like me? You believe anyone that beliefs Jesus, God, and The Holy Ghost, as a True Christian, and that they go to heaven?

If so, your my friend .

I'm AoG by background and degree/certification, however, I am entirely nondenominational in my practice.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianKnight View Post
    So, your like me? You believe anyone that beliefs Jesus, God, and The Holy Ghost, as a True Christian, and that they go to heaven?

If so, your my friend .
    Yep. That's what I believe. I think the main thing we all have to believe to be a Christian is Jesus is the only way to salvation. Most, but certainly not all, of the other things various denominations may differ on probably don't matter. As long as we all serve the same God He will enlighten us on things we may differ on when we get to Heaven.

I was raised Southern Baptist, from small town, however there has been rapid growth here for the last 15 yrs...so, I have ventured out and went to a Methodist church and Church of Christ...I am pretty familiar with the Methodist way, but I am intrigued by the COC-I have seen that there are a few of you out there, what else can I expect from the COC? When I went they sang acapella, and communion is weekly..but that is all that I know..It was a pleasant experience, bigger than I am used to and more "modern" than my old south Baptist church. I am with you guys, I believe as long as Christ is the focus and through Him you can be saved then any denomination or lack there of is ok with me...I was soo surprised to go to these different churches to find out that they are not that much different than my own. God Bless you all!!!

also, the church I attended was Church of Christ, but I saw on the poll there is a united COC...what's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by GaChristian View Post
    also, the church I attended was Church of Christ, but I saw on the poll there is a united COC...what's the difference?
    The United Church of Christ is a denominational institution, while the mainline Churches of Christ are congregational (I belong to a Church of Christ congregation out here on Long Island). Barack Obama's church (Trinity United Church of Christ) is part of the United Church of Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by GaChristian View Post
    I am intrigued by the COC-I have seen that there are a few of you out there, what else can I expect from the COC? When I went they sang acapella, and communion is weekly..but that is all that I know..
    Basically it grew out of a movement called the Restoration Movement, which was aimed at "restoring" the church back to its first century foundations based on what the scriptures taught, it was a movement aimed at tearing down the denominational walls that had divided the overall Protestant church. It basically had little regard for a lot of the creeds that developed over time, but kept intact all of the essential doctrines (Trinity, Virgin Birth, etc.). Churches of Christ are Arminian in theology in the sense that they believe that the believer's salvation is hinged on continued faith and can be lost by a willful act of apostasy. Independent Christian Churches are fundamentally identical and grew out of the same movement, the only difference is that Independent Christian Churches use instrumental music. I've worshiped with an Independent Christian congregation before, and many Independent Christian Churches/Churches of Christ often fellowship with one another despite the instruments (Independent Christian) vs. acapella (Churches of Christ) difference.

Quote Originally Posted by aaron35 View Post
    I belong to an Assembly of God church also. The reason I quoted you Aaron is because I used to attend Mountain View AOG , but in Las Vegas.
    Guess that's a common name.

Jeanne

"He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it". ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

"If we ever forget that we are ONE NATION UNDER GOD, then we will be a nation gone under" ~ Ronald Reagan

Thread Information